Terry and Candy - Complete

By Gentillefille

Candy gets a gig from her best friend to paint a portrait of a future groom as a present from her... Only the... More

Terry and Candy - Chapter 1
Terry and Candy - Chapter 2
Chapter 3 , "The Wedding"
Terry and Candy - Chapter 4
Terry and Candy - Chapter 6
Terry and Candy - Chapter 7
Terry and Candy - Chapter 8
Terry and Candy - Chapter 9
Terry and Candy - Chapter 10
Terry and Candy - Chapter 11
Chapter 12 , "The Family Reunion"

Terry and Candy - Chapter 5

601 8 0
By Gentillefille

Terry and Candy

Chapter 5

"The separation"

Let me tell you now

All that's on my mind.

For a love like yours.

Is oh, so very hard to find.

I've looked inside myself.

Now I'm very sure.

There can only be, you for me.

I need you more and more...

You, turned me inside out and you showed me.

What life was about.

Only you, the only one that stole my heart away.

I wanna do all I can, just to show you.

Make you understand.

Only you, the only one that stole my heart away.

When you're in my arms.

When I'm close to you.

There's a magic in your touch.

That just comes shining through.

Want you everyday.

Want you every night.

There can only be, you for me.

You make it seem so right.

Oh, girl, cause...

In my mind, there's no other love.

You're the only girl my heart and soul is thinking of.

Only you, only me.

There can never ever be another.

That understands the way that I feel inside,

Cause...

The Andrews were making a spectacle of themselves Candy was kicking and screaming. Her brothers were telling her to shut up, she was screaming louder.

- Put me down! You moron! Put me down! Let me go!!!! How could you act like savages! Anthony! William! Put me down!

- No! Said her father angry! How could you be sleeping with the enemy???

- I was sleeping with the man I love! He's not my enemy! Your business deals are none of my concern!

- Well it should be! Said her father... a Grandchester! You lost you virginity to a Grandchester!!!! A Grandchester!

They got downstairs and their limo was waiting for them downstairs, they got in and they left. Candy still covered with Terry's bed sheet.

- We're going back to Chicago! Said Anthony

- No! Said Candy, I need my stuff! My passport, my ID I don't have my paintings...! My clothes! You couldn't wait until I at least got dress? You didn't want to give me the time to convince Terry to listen to me! Figures! How could you do this to me? I hate you all!!!! Oh Terry!!!

Candy was crying silently over Terry. She couldn't call him, the cell Roberta gave her, stayed at Terry's apartment. The limo arrived at their New York's Villa and Candy got out, she was barefoot. He brother Anthony wanted to carry her, but ...

- Don't touch me!!!! She said angry

- But you're barefoot, said Anthony

- And who's fault is that? Said Candy angry and walking away

- A butler opened the door and Candy got in...

- Princess, I need to talk to you, said her father!

- I'll be in my room your majesty! Said Candy angry

The boys were giggling.

- Did she just call me "Your Majesty"? said Albert

- Well, said William, you call her "Princess"...

- She's very angry, said Anthony, she loves him...

- It's a fling, said Albert, it gotta be!

- She lost her virginity, dad, she gave him her precious virginity!!!!!!!!!, said William, she loves him!

- Yeah, said Anthony, Candy was the most cautious girl ever, if she spread her legs for him, she was really was in love with him...

They got inside the villa as they were talking. Albert, when to his study to make some phone calls. The brothers put on some movie to watch.

Candy took a long bath, in tears. She got out when the water got cold. She looked in the closet, and she found some jeans and some shirts she had left there, when they lived there for a while. She took the phone and she wanted to call Terry. But... she didn't have his number! They were always together after the left the wedding, never apart, so he didn't get the chance to give her his cell phone number. She called her best friend...

- Bobbie...

- Candy!!!!!! Oh my God! You little sneak! You stole the groom and you don't call me??? You cell phone was closed! How could you do this to me???!

- Bobbie, please...

- You sound sad honey, what's wrong?

- Oh Bobbie! Said Candy crying

- Candy...Did Terry do something to you

- No...

- Then what happened?

- I... did it...

- You did it? You got laid? Oh my God! He's the one

- Yes, well I thought he was

- What's going on?

- We were in bed after making love, when his father and my father barged in...

- What???

- Yes, apparently our families are old enemies...

- How come he didn't ask you if you were one of the Andrews?

- Because I use my great grandmother maiden name, White...

- Oh...then what happened

- My two brothers, who were there, wrapped me in the bed sheet and literally carried me out !!!!

- Oh my God

- It gets worst, Terry's father accused me of breaking up the wedding on purpose as a plan to ruin the Grandchester's business with the Bartlett, that my father orchestrated the whole thing...

- What did your father say?

- He confirmed it!

- Oh my God!!!

- He wanted Terry to break up with me! You should've seen his face, he thought I betrayed him... he wouldn't listen to me, my brothers dragged me out of there, before I was able to convince Terry to listen to me...

- Oh my poor baby... I wish I was there

- I'm in seclusion; they're not going to let me out of their sight! I was sleeping with the enemy...

- You're a prisoner...

- My father is so angry

- Well you're his little princess and you did the big no no; you slept with the enemy

- I love Terry... this is a disaster... I've never seen my father so angry...How could he lie like that!?

- Welcome to the world of business sharks...

- All my stuff is still at Terry's...

- I'll go get them for you...

- Thank you, I have to talk to him, I have to explain...

- This is a modern day Romeo and Juliet! Sandra Dee is no more since you got laid, I'm going to call you Juliet now, and Terry will be Romeo! Terry and Candy, Romeo and Juliet...how romantic

- Creepy, giving the way they ended....

- Well Juliet, you're not 15 and you don't have to pretend to die to be with your beloved...

- My father would never allow me to be with Terry, now that I think about it, I remember him getting angry whenever the Grandchester beat him on a business deal...

- It's going to be fine...

- Terry... I have to talk to him, I have to see if he's breaking up with me, he thinks I betrayed him...Oh Bobbie, I love him so much!

- It's going to be fine. If you need me, I'll be there... I'll call you later

- Bye Bobbie

- Bye Juliet, hang in there. It's going to be fine. And I forgot to tell you, thank you so much for ruining Lacy's wedding! It wouldn't have been better if I planed it myself...

- It was not planed, well at least not by me! Cook sent me an invitation by a maid saying it came from Lacy...

- The staff plotted against Lacy?

- They called her the princess of mean...

- She deserves it! Putting you with the help, you the Andrew Heiress, you're worth a 1000 times more than her...

- She had her fun, said Candy, she wanted her cousin to sleep with me and dump me...

- I told her you still had your v-card

- Gee thanks, Bobbie...!

- I'm sorry, I didn't know she was going to try to get her cousin to cash in on your v-card...but it backfired, her fiancé is the one who cashed in on it ! And I couldn't be happier! She was so smug she landed the most eligible bachelor!

- I'm glad I made you happy...

- Hang in there Juliet. It's going to be fine... I'll talk to you later. Bye

- Bye Bobbie

Candy hung up the phone and she went on her bed to cry.

Terry was on his bed crying... it wasn't manly, but he couldn't believe what had just happened to him. Candy was the Andrew's princess... it was all a lie, just to stop him from marrying Lacy so his family business would suffer. Those were the facts his father told him about, but his mind couldn't process it... Candy, not his Candy. Where the Andrews so desperate to see them suffer that they would sacrifice their precious princess virginity, just to ruin their company? The Andrew's business was in very good shape... They sent their princess to seduce him? It didn't make any sense... Candy was a good actress, the way she acted to push him away with Scott, she went as far as sleeping in the same bed as Scott! Terry couldn't believe Candy could do something like that... she betrayed him! She just came to sabotage their contract with the Bartletts... He chose love over his duty, to get betrayed? Maybe he should've done like his great grandfather and do his duty, instead of letting himself go and choosing love. He didn't want to see anybody or talk to anybody. He was down in the damps... he left everything to be with her, and she betrayed him...

Candy's mother flew from Chicago to be with her daughter. She arrived at the mansion later in the evening.

- Melissa, what are you doing here? Said Albert

- I came to protect my baby..., she said

- You didn't have to come?

- You're kidding right? You found her in bed with the son of your worst enemy and I didn't need to come to protect her?

- I'm not going to hit her or anything

- You're just going to order her to give up the man she loves...

- He's a Grandchester!

- That's the poor boys only sin, one he can't do nothing about!

- Melissa please, stay out of this

- There is no way, I'm letting my Babygirl alone with you guys! This stupid feud should come to an end! This is the occasion! We can reunite both our families by their marriage and end this stupid feud once and for all!!!!

- No way! Said Albert angry

- Sometimes I wonder if you have a heart Albert!

Melissa climbed the stairs and she went straight to her daughter's room. She knocked at the door.

- Baby girl?

Candy was on her bed crying.

- Mom?

- Yes, baby it's me!

Candy stood up and she opened the door and jumped to her mother's neck.

- Oh mom, mom! I'm so glad you're here, said Candy crying

- I'm here baby, I'm here for you!

They got in the room and Candy told her mother every single thing that happened since she got the job from Roberta.

- I swear mom, I did everything for him to back off, he wouldn't budge. Then I went to church and... we looked at each other...and when he stopped the wedding... I couldn't believe! He did it for me...

- Oh my God Candy!

- We were making plans for him to come and see daddy to ask for my hand in marriage... this is so wrong! He loves me mom! He walked out on his wedding for me!!!

- Now your father made him think it was deliberate, you were sent to ruin his wedding!

- How could he do that to me?

- He'll do anything for you not to be with a Grandchester!

- I don't understand... why??? What the hell happened for our families to hate each other so much?

- I asked your father, but he never wants to talk about it...

- Oh mom, I'm so glad you're here!!!!

- I can't leave you alone with your father in that state. He hates the Grandchesters with a passion!

- I want to be with him, I love him...

- Oh baby! Said her mother hugging her hard, we have to go and confront your father and you know when he makes a decision...

- I know you can't do much mom...

- I wish I could... have you talked to Terry ever since?

- No... I don't even know his cell phone number! We barely had time to be together, and being dragged naked by my brothers in front of him! How humiliating!!!

- I know baby, let's go downstairs.

They went downstairs, to one of the living rooms, where Albert was sitting with his sons. Candy and her mom when to sit on the couch. Albert looked at his daughter. She looked so pure and innocent and a Grandchester put his hands on his little princess.

- Candy, you know why we're here. You have to stop what you started with the Grandchester! This can't happen again

- But daddy...

- I can ruin them with one phone call...

- No! Please don't do this..., said Candy, please daddy, don't!

- So you're going to stay away from that punk and marry the one I chose for you...

- Another punk? Said Candy ironically

- Candy! You slept with the enemy! So you do what I say! I arranged a marriage for you with someone from a good family

- Good rich family of course..., said Candy

- The Grandchester are broke! No bank is going to lend them any money! They needed that merger with the Bartletts! You ruined that! I couldn't have done it better myself!

- Why did you tell them that it was my doing? How could you do this to me? Make me look like a corporate spy? Terry was so hurt

- Princess, you do know by now that I don't give a damn about your punk... you stay away from him!!!!

- I don't think he wants to see me again anyway, said Candy

- Albert, said Melissa, you can change all that...

- No way! Said Albert looking at his wife with mean eyes

- What? Said Candy looking at them, mom what is it? Daddy you can fix this? Why don't you? It would be so much better, let me marry him and we can have merger and help their business

- NO!!! Said Albert, now that's enough, the Grandchesters can rot in hell for all I care!

He had raised his voice and nobody else was talking. The head of the family had spoken and that was it. Candy was crying her eyes out. She had to talk to Terry. But where can she see him?

- Where going back to Chicago in a few days, for your engagement party, said Albert, you're marrying your suitor in a month!

- Daddy please, said Candy

- If you run off with your punk, you're going to be on your own... I'm going to cut you off...!

- Albert! Said Melissa

- That's my decision, or you stay with us and marry your rich suitor, or you go to your punk, and live in poverty! Because I don't think Liam Grandchester can take another blow, if his punk runs off to be with him again...

- Albert, said Melissa, that's enough. Leave my baby alone, you don't need to scare her like that!

Candy left the living room with tears in her eyes.

The following days, Candy was still miserable, not knowing where she can talk to Terry. Roberta finally came with her stuff she went to pick up at Terry's.

- Bobbie! She said hugging her, thank you so much for coming

- Hey Juliet! How are you?

- I'm fine. Thanks for bringing my stuff over...

- I also took the portrait you made of the bride and groom for the non wedding

- You did? Said Candy surprised, why?

- I had a feeling Lacy was going to destroy them.

- Oh... well Lacy's is going to the attic, I would destroy it, but just for the time it took me to do it, it can go to the attic...

- What about Terry's?

- The one you have is a copy... I have the original

- You did 2 of them? Why?

Candy took Terry's portrait, the original which was with her stuff Roberta brought. She took the wrapping off... Roberta was speechless.

- Oh my God! She said, oh my God! I can't believe how alike and how different they are!

- I couldn't give this one to Lacy...it was too...beautiful!

- Indeed! Said Bobbie, you love him that much? Oh Juliet! I need to cheer you up! Get dressed! We're going out!

- What? Said Candy, I'm in no mood to go out...

- That's why you need to go out... come on Juliet, let's go!

- The butler took Candy's stuff and took it to her room. Bobbie was in the closet looking for a dress for Candy to wear

- Did you see Terry when you went to pick up the stuff?

- Well he left it downstairs in the lobby with the doormen...

- Oh, so you didn't see him?

- No I didn't. I'm sorry honey... There's a nice dress!

It was a nice purple dress, with thin straps, short perfect for a dinner at the restaurant. She let her hair down. She met her father downstairs.

- Where are you going? He asked

- Bobbie is taking me out for dinner

- Really you're not going to see your punk?

- No, I'm not. He thinks I betrayed him thanks to you! Said Candy angry

- William!

- Daddy!

William arrived.

- You called dad? He said

- You're going out with Candy and make sure she doesn't talk to her punk...

- Oh my God! Said Candy, I'm not a child! I don't need a bodyguard!

- Actually you do. I don't want you within a hundred feet of the loser! Said her father.

- This is not happening! I'm not going!

- Juliet, said Bobbie, come on, it's not going to be that bad

- I...

- Well either you leave with William or you stay home...

Candy looked at Bobbie; she really wanted to get out of the house for a while...But her brother...

- All right, Bobbie, let's go..., she said

- Candy, said William

- You, don't talk to me! She said angry

She walked out she saw her mother outside coming in.

- Mom, she said hugging her, I'm going out with Bobbie

- Oh...,said her mom, where are you going? Said Melissa seeing her son

- Dad wants me to go keep an eye on her..., he responded

- Make sure she doesn't see Terry? She will need to talk to him eventually William, said Melissa, for closure...

William looked at his mother.

- I get your drift, don't worry mom...

- Thanks honey, she said

Candy was at Roberta's Limo getting in with her friend. William arrived and also got in.

- Candy, said William, it's not my fault...

- I'm a big girl Billy...

- You slept with the enemy...

- So I'm untrustworthy? I fell in love with a man! That's all! I didn't see his name, I saw a man I loved and who loved me!!!!

- Candy...

- Just don't talk to me!!!! Said Candy

She turned to Bobbie who was looking at the family discussion without saying a word, and started talking to her. William looked at his baby sister sadly, she had broken a major rule in their family, she fell in love with a Grandchester...

They got to Roberta's favourite French restaurant; La Marmite.

- You love this one, don't you? Said Candy smiling

- I love their steaks, they're so tender, it's like they're melting in your mouth, she said smiling

- Like M&M? Said William

Candy and Roberta where looking at him clueless

- You know the M&M commercials, melts in your mouth, not in your hands...

- So not funny Billy, said Candy getting out of the car

Bobbie burst out laughing. William was trying to make his little sister laugh, but it wasn't working. He got out of the limo and followed them. Roberta had a reservation for 2 but now she had to asked for an extra chair for William. Candy was ignoring her brother completely. Roberta ordered dinner and they had the entrée, the main course.

- Those steak are delicious, said William, you were right, they melt in your mouth...

- Not in your hands, said Roberta

- You see! He told Candy, she gets it!

- Yay! Said Candy without enthusiasm

- Candy, said Roberta, you've got something on your face there, she said

- Where? Said Candy

- Right there, said Bobbie showing something on her forehead

- I don't see a thing, said William

- There's something there, why don't you go to the little girl's room to clean it out...

- All right, said Candy

- What do you want for desert

- Chocolate mousse, said Candy, excuse me, I'll be right back

She stood up from the table. William wanted to follow her.

- Where do you think you're going? Said Bobbie

- Euh I have to keep an eye on her

- She's going to the little girl's room... you're not allowed in there

- But...

- Finish your steak, Candy knows her way to the little girls' room

- But... all right! I hope nothing happens to her

- She's safe..., she'll be back soon

- What if she meets her punk? I have to go...

- Sit down. If she sees her punk, she needs closure...

William thought about his mother's words.

- Right...can I have one more steak then?

- Anything, said Bobbie smiling, garçon?!

Candy was walking to the ladies when she met...

- Terry, she said with a soft voice

Terry was surprised to see her.

- Candy..., he said

They looked at each other. Candy had to restrain herself so she wouldn't run to him. He looked at her, he wanted to take her in his arms, but...

- It's good to see you, she said

- I have to go, he said

- Wait! Can't we talk?

- We've got nothing to say to each other...

- Please, you have to listen to me

- Why? Your mission is accomplished

- You really believe that crazy story? That I came just to ruin you wedding to Lacy?

- Your father confirmed it

- You think my father would send his precious virgin princess to do something like that? He would've hired someone to do it! And if that were the case, I would've pursued you...

- You had to make it look real

- So I anticipated the fact that you were going to fall in love with me?

- Who said I was in love?

- You loved me, said Candy with tears in her eyes, has that changed?

- Candy I was brought up to hate the Andrews....

- So you hate me now too, she said crying, because my last name is Andrew? You don't see a woman anymore you see your enemy? I love you Terry. I don't know anything about your stupid feud, I saw a man, not an enemy...

He looked at her, it would be so easy if he could just take her in his arms and kiss her. She was so beautiful...but...

- Candy, this... can't work... our families are enemies... so... let's nip this in the bud..., he said

Candy looked at him crying.

- Terry! Said a voice, are you coming?

- In a minute! He said

It was Lacy. Candy heard the voice.

- You're back with Lacy? She said with tears in her voice

- Yes, and I'm going to marry her...

- Oh, she said hurt with more tears coming down her cheeks, fine then, I'm sorry for bothering you. I wish you good luck in your marriage. I hope you find everything you were looking for. Goodbye Terry.

- Candy...goodbye

She ran to the ladies' room. He wanted to call her back, but...Candy was washing her face and wiping it. She tried to put her make up back on. She put up a good face and she went back, ate he dessert and made conversation, like nothing happened.

- Thank you so much Bobbie! Said Candy

- You're very welcome

- I needed to get out, said Candy

Bobbie took them back home.

- We're going to Chicago tomorrow, said Candy, I'll call you to tell you about my engagement

- All right honey, said Bobbie smiling good night

- Good night Bobbie

- Bye Bobbie, said William

- Bye Billy boy

- You love nicknames don't you!?

Roberta laughed.

- I'm going to party! She said

- You want some company? Said William

- Billy Boy? Why not you're cute as a button!

William laughed and left with Bobbie. Candy looked at them; Bobbie had a crush on William! She smiled and shook her head. She went straight to her room to cry her eyes out. Terry ... it was over, he was going to comply to his father's wishes... so, she might as well do the same thing and marry the suitor her father had chosen for her. But it didn't hurt any less. All the dreams she had with Terry were gone up in smoke... She was also thinking if Terry came back to her, his father would probably cut him off and so will his father... she was used to live with the minimum, but what about Terry? Did she have the right to ask him for such a sacrifice?

"I can't ask him to abandon everything for me... I just can't. I'm going to forget about him... who am I kidding! That's impossible! But it's over with Terry for good...oh my God I'm going to die! "

The next day, Candy and her family went back to Chicago. She used to be so cheerful; she was now always sad and quiet. Melissa didn't like it.

- Albert, Candy is so sad, I hate seeing her like that...

- She's going to get over him, my grandmother did...

- Your grandmother?

- Her namesake...She was in love with a Grandchester too, but she got over it and she married my grandfather...

- If your grandmother loved her Grandchester, as much as Candy loves hers, she must've suffered a lot too...so she settle with your grandfather

- She loved him!!!! Don't say that! He said loudly

- Did I hit a nerve? Said Melissa, what really happened?

- I don't want to talk about it!!! Honey, can we change the conversation, please?

- All right, but a time will come when you'll have to tell me all about it...

- Not now, please

Melissa was wondering what really happened all those years ago that started the feud between the two families.

William went to Candy's room in Chicago.

- Baby sis, can I talk to you?

- About what? You want to keep an eye on me?

- I'm sorry about that, but, I let you talk to him at "La Marmite"

- You knew?

- Yes, I thought you needed closure...

- Thanks William, said Candy smiling, what did you want to talk to me about?

- Your friend Bobbie...

- What about her?

- I saw her, with different eyes yesterday

- Why, because she got your stupid M&M joke?

- That too... we had a lot of fun yesterday

- How much fun?

- I...banged her...

- You what???!!! Oh my God!!!

- We connected, it was great! She was

- Spare me the details! William!

- I like her sis

- Oh... what about her...

- She said I was the best sex she's ever had...

- Then believe her... if you were bad, she would've told you

- Really?

- Yes... but keep me out of this...

- I really like her, Candy

- Well good luck...Don't hurt her!

- I won't

Candy called Bobbie.

- Juliet! Billy Boy told you?

- Bobbie, my brother!

- He's really really good in bed....I've never screamed so loud

- Whoa! Too much information!!!!!

- I like him, Juliet

- Don't hurt him!

- I won't...

Candy was getting married to Nikos Andreakis the son of a Greek ship owner. Andreakis Shipping was one of the most powerful in the world. Albert Andrews wanted to expand his empire by having a piece of Andreakis Shipping. Nikos was tall dark and very handsome. He had black hair and light blue eyes. Candy met him one evening. Her father was glad to her not resist. He left them alone.

- Well said Nikos, how are you Candice?

- I'm fine, she said

- Your enthusiasm is touching

- I'm sorry Nikos, this is a business deal and...

- What's the matter?

- I... fell in love with someone not too long ago...

- Oh...

- I agreed to this before I fell in love and I wanted to marry him but our families won't have it... so here I am fulfilling my duty

- Well I understand you... you loved another man. This marriage is not about love, it's business

- How could you agree to this, don't you want to be in love?

- I want to do what's best for my family, having your father as a partner would give us a way to enter the American market , up until now we've been in the European market... I'm sorry if I sound insensitive but that's life

- What about love?

- What about love? Love distracts you from the real world...

- This marriage is going to be a riot...

- You're very sweet, Candice Andrew, and I like you a lot and I'm glad I'm going to be your husband

- I'm sorry I can't say the same. If the man I love walks in right now and asks me to go with him, I will...

- Let's do this for our business, then if you want to, I'll let you go to your lover...

- You're kidding right? If I get married, it's for good, marriage is sacred for me. If I marry you, there's no turning back!

- Very well, said Nikos smiling, I like you...

- I can't say the same, said Candy, I'm just a business deal to you...

Candy was sad. She wanted Terry, that's all she wanted... Marry Nikos...it sounded so cold and so...business like, a business deal! Like Terry's marriage to Lacy... Terry, everything brought her back to Terry, that's all she could think about; Terry.

" No matter what I do, all I think about is you. Terry, I love you...Terry I need you...Please God, help me, please..." She thought looking at Nikos.

She was taking a walk with him. But she couldn't imagine herself with him. Nikos was handsome, likeable, but... Candy would have to live a life without love if she marries him. She loved Terry... but could she try and love her future husband even a little bit?

"I'll have to try. Maybe if I imagine he's Terry... No! That would be gross!!!!" She thought.

They went back inside, because dinner was almost ready. Candy went to powder her nose; she met her cousin, the annoying Eliza.

- So Candy, sleeping with the enemy now? She said with a mocking

- Leave me alone Eliza

- Who would've thought that the virgin Princess would sow her royal oats? Terrence Grandchester? He's hot! But he's our enemy!!!!

- He's a man, Eliza

- He's the enemy!

- Whatever! It's over anyway, I'm marrying Nikos

- Yeah another hot guy! Aren't you the lucky one and he's rich too!

- What's the matter Eliza,all the losers you sleep with are not rich? Or if they are, they're already married?

- Shut up Candy!

- Did I hit a nerve? Said Candy ironically

Eliza left her sulking. She went straight to Nikos to try and seduce him. Candy didn't care. Nikos could do whatever he wanted... she wanted Terry and only Terry.

A month later, in New York, Terry had become worst than a grouch. He didn't smile anymore and Lacy... he barely looked at her like before, so nothing had really changed. He barely looked at her when he didn't know Candy, now that he knew Candy, it was even worst. He had to be almost drunk to kiss Lacy, but the kiss who make him sober and he was stop everything. Lacy didn't mind, as long as Candy didn't have Lacy that's all that counted. They were at the Grandchester mansion

- Terry, you're still thinking about the Andrew Princess!

- Lacy, shut up! He said

- She betrayed you! She was spying on you just to break up our fathers' deal!

- I said shut up!!!!!!!!!!!! You hear! SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!

- All right, no need to shout, said Lacy, I'm leaving, I'll see you tomorrow honey.

Lacy left Terry in his turmoil. Nelly, is other sister came to see him.

- What the hell was that?

- Nelly, I'm not in the mood

Nelly was his favourite sister; they got along better than with Suzy.

- Terry you've become a lout ever since they dragged your beloved out of your bed...

- Can we not talk about this?

- I think I've given you enough time, we need to talk about this!

- Nelly...

- Have you seen her ever since the whole debacle in your bedroom?

Terry looked at his sister. He needed to talk, or he was going to go ballistic.

- Yes, I saw her at "La Marmite" a few weeks ago...

- And?

- She told me what her father and our father said was not true...

- Think about it, she's their little princess, you really think, given how much he hates us that he would send his princess to sleep with you? She their baby girl, their favourite, he wouldn't do that to her... How was she when you pursued her

- Resisting till the end...

- Does that sound like a spy to you?

- Maybe she was playing hard to get to make more real...

- Terry...stop it! You're making excuses...you love her

- Yes I do

- And you're going crazy without her...

- Nelly, I have to marry Lacy...

- So you're going to sacrifice your happiness to save the family business? Is it worth it? You're miserable!

- I don't want to be responsible for sending our family to the street

- We'll manage, said Nelly, don't worry about it. I can take care of the business, we're not bankrupt yet... But you do know Dad is going to cut you off completely and her dad too for the matter? Are you ready to live like a pauper?

- As long as she's with me... yes... Oh my God! What on earth am I saying? I can't do that to her! She's a princess...

- Didn't you just said she came back from back packing in Europe and living in the streets?

- Yes...

- So she can do without your millions...

Terry looked at his sister.

- The question is, continued Nelly, can you live without the millions?

Terry starting thinking, the money, the facility to get stuff, versus poverty and having Candy with him... the second alternative, seemed so much better.

- It's true what they say, money doesn't buy happiness, said Terry

- So you chose poverty and love?

- I have money now, and without her, I'm feeling miserable...with her, I would be fine, I'm sure of it. Those few seconds she talked to me at "La Marmite" I felt so alive, but I didn't want to show her... I told her we should nip our love in the bud!

- So why didn't you?

- I can't, I tried, God knows I tried, but I just can't! I can't think, I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't get her out of my head!

- Then go after her!!!

- You really think I should?

- I'm your great great grandmother, and you mother! And I'm telling you, there's nothing more important in this world than to be with the one you love.

- Nelly...

- Don't you want to feel great again? Have you even been more happy then when you were with her?

- I've never been that happy...I need her Nelly, I love her. Thanks sis! He said kissing her

- Wait, don't you want to know where she is?

- You know?

- Of course I know, I wouldn't be telling you that if I didn't know where you could find her. You have to hurry...

- Why?

- She's getting engaged to Nikos Andreakis....

- WHAT???!

- From the Andreakis Shipping...

- That punk? Said Terry jealous

- He's very good looking, said Nelly, I wish I had to marry him!

- Nelly!

- What? He's good looking and very rich! I could save the family business...

- The punk is gay!

- You're saying that because you're jealous!

- No I'm not! I don't want Candy to be trapped married to that....punk!

- He's not gay, I've had friends who had been with him...he's a good lover, Candy is very lucky...

- Nelly!

- What? I'm just telling the truth! Nikos Andreakis is a good catch; he's shaped like a Greek god...

- When is the party?

- So you're going to the engagement party? The Andrews are not going to let you pass the front door, they're going to be on the look out for you...

- I don't care what I have to do, I just want to talk to her before she gets engaged to that punk!

Suzy arrived and she heard them.

- Who's getting engaged to a punk?

- Candy Andrew, said Nelly

- Yes, I heard about that, Nikos Andreakis...he's to die for! She forgot about you rather quickly, don't you think so? She must be a flake

- Suzy! Don't call her that!

- Don't tell me you're still pining over her!

- Suze, said Nelly, he's in love with her...

- You have to marry Lacy Terry, please, I don't want to live in poverty

- So for you, he should sacrifice his happiness?

- I don't want to be poor!

- You're not going to be poor, we can manage!!! Said Nelly, Terry deserves to be happy! And he loves Candy... not Lacy!

- But... he has to marry Lacy, she still wants him, she told me who Candy really was...

Terry and Nelly looked at her.

- So it was you! Said Terry, you told dad about Candy's real identity! Why didn't you tell me?

- Because she wanted to break up you and Candy, said Nelly

- I'm sorry, but Lacy told me it was a set up, that the Andrews hate us and...

- It was a lie! Said Terry, Candy had nothing to do with this! She wasn't aware of the feud!

- That's what she says

- Candy was telling the truth, said Terry, oh my God, how could I have been so stupid! Lacy started the lie! Candy ... I refused listen to her...

- They wanted to make you hate her, Terry, said Nelly, you loved her, you loved a woman, then when you heard she was an Andrew, you were in shock that wasn't enough, they had to add the conspiracy theory....and her brothers took her away so she wouldn't have the time to convince you...

- They were so desperate, they didn't even let her put her clothes on... oh my God

- Candy's father probably went along with the lie, to hurt you and dad...

- I can't believe how gullible I was! Oh my God!

- If you still want her, go get her in Chicago..., said Nelly

- Nelly, what are you doing? What about Lacy?

- The Princess of Mean can go to hell! Said Nelly laughing

Terry hugged his sisters and left running.

- You're going to ruin everything! Said Suzy

- Suze, put a sock in it! Said Nelly, now you keep your mouth shut! If you go to dad, you're going to hear from me! If Terry gets Candy back, he's going to live without the family money..., so leave him alone...let him do this his own way...

- What if it doesn't work out?

- Then it doesn't work out! It's his life; he has the right to do what he wants with it!

- Poor Lacy...

- I don't know how you could be friends with that viper!

- She's rich... popular

- You're rich too; you don't need her to be popular Suze!

- I wanted her as my sister in law...

- Having the Andrew princess as a sister in law is even better!

- They're the enemy, Nelly!

- They're still richer than the Bartletts!

- They are...,said Suze with a smile

Terry was on the next plane to Chicago. He was going to get Candy back, if it's the last thing he does. He got to Chicago and he went shopping for clothes since he didn't go back home to get his clothes. Then he booked a room in a hotel and he changed his clothes, with the one he bought. He put on jeans and a t-shirt and a baseball cap on his head, trying to hide his long hair. He pulled back his hair and it in a pony tail and did a little bun with the rubber ban, he put on sneakers and fake glasses on his face, a fake moustache to make his "disguise" complete. He arrived in front of the Andrew Mansion; it was so big and majestic with high tech security, so how in the world was he going to penetrate in it?! He wouldn't be able to get within a 100 feet of the gate!

"Why do I feel like someone thinking about breaking into Buckingham Palace? Maybe because I want to take the Andrew princess away! I have to find a way to get in"

He was observing the cars coming in and going out, the caterers' vans. He saw that here was another entrance, where they took out the trash. Another van arrived at the back door and a group of young servers arrived with their stuff for the evening. In the craze, Terry was able to hide and get in with them and hide inside. They had permission to get in for the evening. Terry thanked God for this opportunity. He was in the staff pretending to work, but he was doing everything wrong and getting yelled at. He tried to go on the other side of the house, but he was stopped by security who told him it was not time for them to go on the other side yet, for security reasons. Terry had no choice but to stay with the servers and pretend to be working. He will have to carry a tray with glasses full of drinks. If he messes up thinks, he would be noticed and cast away. He came for Candy... he would do anything for Candy.

Bobbie called Candy on the day of her engagement.

- Juliet, I feel sick like a dog, I can't come...

- What? Oh honey, I hope you feel better...

- Me too... I'll call William on his cell to tell him... I wanted to be there for you...

- Oh, it's a joke anyway...

- Are you ok?

- I'm hanging in there

- Good luck...I have to go to go puke! Bye Juliet!

- Bye...Bobbie

After she hung up, Candy in the attic doing some painting. She had started a self portrait to go with Terry's portrait. It was absolutely amazing. Her cousin Annie came to see her...

- Oh my God Candy, this is absolutely amazing!

- Thanks...

- You have to get ready

- I just need to finish my portrait...then I'll go get ready

- It's your engagement party

- You don't need to remind me...

- You should be more excited...

- Why? Because the son of a Greek tycoon was ordered to marry me? Not very romantic...

- You're still thinking about...

- Terry, yes. I can't help it... I'm in love with him

- You're going to be fine, Nikos is rich

- Money doesn't buy happiness Annie...I happy in Europe back packing, I was happy with Terry during those few days I spent with him...now I'm back in my palace being treated like a princess, about to get engaged to the son of a Greek tycoon and I'm not happy at all! I want Terry...

- If you go to Terry, the family is going to cut you off...

- I don't care about, but I can't put Terry in that position, I can't ask him to leave everything for me... that would be selfish...

- But you love each other..., said Annie

- Annie, our families are enemies! Daddy even lie to them, that he sent me there to ruin everything just to hurt them and hurt my relationship with Terry!!!! No, I have to forget about him!

Candy put a final touch to her portrait, it was perfect, it was beautiful.

"There, you'll be perfect with the one I did of Terry. Terry... oh my God I can't get you out of my head!"

- Let's go Annie, I have to take a bath and get rid of the paint stains...

- Is Bobbie coming?

- No, she called earlier, she's got a stomach flu or something

- Sorry... all right, let's go then

She went to take a long bath, crying and thinking about Terry.

"I have to stop crying, my eyes are going to be swollen... it's my engagement party! I'm getting engaged to a very handsome man...not as handsome as Terry...great! It always comes back to Terry!!! Oh my God! I can't do this!! But I have to! If only I hadn't fallen in love with Terry! I could've found it in my heart to like him or even love him... but I did met Terry!!! This is so unfair; I should be able to be with the one I love!"

- Candy, you have to come out of your bath, the water is probably cold now... come on, and you need to get ready...

Candy came out of her bath to get ready. She put on a beautiful pink dress and she let her hair down. Annie used the curling iron to curl them. Candy looked marvelous with her curly hair. Annie did her make up and Candy. There was a knock on the door and a maid arrived with a velvet box.

- This is for you Miss Candy

- Thank you, who is from, my father

- It's from your fiancé, Mr. Andreakis

- Oh, said Candy without any enthusiasm

The maid left the room. Candy opened the box, it was a diamond necklace, with earrings and a bracelet.

- Oh my God! Said Annie, that's beautiful

- Yeah whatever..., said Candy

- Are you out of your mind?

- I don't really care about that...

- You're not possible! You're just like your namesake! I heard she didn't care much about luxury and material things, all she did is give to charity...

- I can understand her...

- I bet you can!

- I heard your namesake loved fashion and luxury stuff...like you!

- I'm glad to hear that, now put on your jewelry...

Annie helped Candy put on her jewels. She looked stunning.

- Now, let's go get you engaged!

- Youpie, said Candy with no enthusiasm at all...

Candy went downstairs to the party, the guests were already there. She put on her happy face for the occasion. She saw her father...

- Princess, you look wonderful!

- Thank you Daddy

- I know what you're giving up, the man you love. But it will be alright...you'll be great just like your namesake

- Did she give up her love too?

- She did what she had to do..., said her father, like you

- Really, was she forced to marry a man she didn't love? Said Candy ironically, don't worry dad, I'll do what you want! But don't expect me to be happy about it! When I marry Nikos, I don't want anything to do with you anymore! You can forget about your little princess, because, I'm never ever going to forgive you for that!!!!

Candy was angry and she walked away to go be near her fiancé and play the perfect couple.

- Candice, you're so beautiful

- Thank you Nikos, said Candy with a fake smile

Nikos kissed her on the cheek, Candy was laughing out loud.

- Thank you for the diamonds

- That was just a token of my appreciation, but you're very welcome. There's a lot more where that came from...

- Really? Only you got the wrong girl, I don't really care about diamonds...

- What are you talking about? Diamonds are a girl's best friend...

- Sorry honey, I'm not a Marilyn...you're not going to get me with diamonds...

Nikos looked at her and he was impressed. He was starting to like her more and more.

- You know what Candice; I think I'm going to love being married to you...

- Well at least one of us is going to be happy...

Melissa approached them.

- Mom! Said Candy smiling and hugging her

- How's my baby girl?

- What do you think? Peachy!

- I can see! Those diamonds are beautiful...

- Are they? Said Candy with an absent tone

Melissa looked at Nikos

- I know diamonds are not her thing... she just told me...

Melissa smiled, Candy was always so straight forward... and she loved that about her.

- I'm sure she did! Said Melissa, are you ok honey?

- I just talked to dad...

- He told me, but he won't budge

- This feud is more important than me? Figures!

- Candy don't say that, your father loves you...

- Not enough to end this stupid feud and let me be with the man I love!

Candy walked away. She went outside in the garden to breathe so fresh air.

Terry was observing her from afar. He was wearing a waiter's red jacket. When he saw she was out in the garden, he wanted to go there too, but he was stopped by some guests who wanted drinks from his tray. He had to stop. By the time he got to the doors, Nikos was there with Candy.

Candy was angry.

- Candice, said Nikos, it's going to be fine...I'll take good care of you

- Thanks Nikos, said Candy, it's not you...

- I know, you still love your ex-boyfriend, just take this marriage as a friendship commitment, not love ... since neither you or I are in love with each other... at least on your part....he said sadly

Candy looked at him stunned.

- Tell me you don't have a thing for me!

- I find you very attractive and your character fascinates me, I think I might be falling in love with you...

- Oh no, Nikos! Said Candy, no ! You can't !

- I can't help it, just like you can't help love that punk your father talks about

- Don't call him that too!

- Sorry, I can't help it. Now that I told you, I don't have to pretend to be understanding, when I'm actually jealous about your love for him...

- Nikos... said Candy sadly

Nikos hugged her and Candy put her head on his chest and closed her eyes.

Terry was looking at them, he couldn't hear what they were saying and it was killing him.

"What are they talking about? Candy, please look at me, please my love, look at me, I'm here..." He repeated in his mind

Candy was in Nikos arms and she felt weird all of a sudden.

"Terry?" She thought

She opened her eyes, left Nikos' arms and look around.

Terry had to move with his tray, so Candy didn't see him looking at her. But the weird feeling was still there, she couldn't shake it....

- Candice? Are you all right? He asked

- What? Oh, yes... I'm fine. I'll be right back

Candy walked to her cousin Annie show was with the rest of the kids of the family.

- Annie, can I talk to you?

- Sure Candy, what's up? Are you ok? Are you feeling better in Nikos' arms?

- I have this weird feeling

- What feeling?

- That Terry is here...

- What? Where?

- I don't know, I can't shake this feeling, that's he's here somehow

- Did you see him?

- No...

- It's just wishful thinking that he would come and get you... why doesn't he call?

- Because we didn't get the time to exchange numbers... if he calls the house, nobody is going to give me the phone, my father is screening calls ...

- Candy, Terry is not here. It's just wishful thinking...calm down and stop thinking about it... it's not helping you...

- You're right, it's not... I'm getting my hopes up for nothing

Nikos walked to Candy.

- Candice we need to go make the announcement...

- Sure, said Candy

Nikos was walking in the front, he stumbled upon something and he fell on a waiter and all the drinks spilled on Nikos. Everything happened so fast, and Nikos jacket was soaked.

- Oh my God! Said Nikos

- I'm so sorry sir! Said the waiter

- I'm soaked! Said Nikos upset

- It's ok, said Candy taking his jacket off, we'll hang it to dry and have cleaned in no time

She gave the jacket to the maid.

- I want that waiter fired! He said

- You bumped into him Nikos, said Candy, its not the waiter's fault...

Nikos didn't want to look bad in front of Candy...

- You're right, it's my fault..., said Nikos

Albert approached them.

- Is everything all right? He asked

- Yes, Mr. Andrew

- Your parents and I are ready to make the announcement, ready princess?

- Whatever! Said Candy walking away

- Candy..., said Albert

She didn't answer. They all went in front of the terrace door and the guests were all looking at them.

- Waiters! Please make sure everybody has a glass of champagne for this announcement...

The waiters were walking around and the guests helped themselves to champagne glasses.

- I'm so happy you all came to celebrate this happy event with us... my little princess Candy, is getting engaged to a fine young man, the son of the Greek tycoon, Stavros Andreakis...

Candy was trying to smile, but she just couldn't! Her mother was behind her to support her.

- Nikos, is going to say a few words, said Albert

- Thank you, Mr. Andrew, said Nikos with his shirt and tie only, I would like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage...

- I accept, said Albert

- Candice, said Nikos, will you marry me...

Candy was hot all of a sudden... she wanted to say yes and runaway. Her mother was behind her...

- It's okay baby..., whispered Melissa

Candy was getting ready to answer... when...

Terry was happy to have cause Nikos to get wet. He had walked away fast.

"That was so childish, but if felt good! He was hugging my Candy!" He thought

He was laughing in a corner, for a while. Then he heard Albert's announcement. Since he didn't get the opportunity to approach Candy and talk to her, this was it, it was now or never... He approached them, while the other waiters were serving the guests. He heard Nikos asked Candy the question. Candy was about to open her mouth ...

- CANDY! CANDY! Wait!

Everybody looked at who screamed the fiancée's name. Terry approached them. Candy was looking at him surprised.

- Terry? She said, oh my God!

- What? Grandchester? Somebody call security! Said Albert

- Yes, it's me Freckles, said Terry taking his fake glasses and his fake moustache off, he also took the rubber ban on his hair off, and let it down

- Terry!!! Said Candy happy, what are you doing here?

- I came to stop you. Don't do it, don't get engaged!

- Why?

- I love you...

- Oh Terry...

- Please forgive me for my foolishness, I don't know what I was thinking when you came to talk to me... I was probably still in shock, but I want to be with you, I can't stop thinking about you, I'm going crazy! Please come back to me

Candy wanted to answer...but

- Candy, if you do this, it's over, you're longer my daughter! Said Albert

- You're not acting like my father anyway, said Candy, so I don't care

- Where's the damn security!!! Yelled Albert, William, Anthony

The boys were looking at the scene.

- Dad, said William, I think we should let them be

- Yes dad, said Anthony, it's what she want!

- You idiots! Said Albert angry!!! Security

- Daddy stop! Sad Candy taking off the diamonds and giving them to Nikos, I'm sorry Nikos, I have to follow my heart...

She turned to her mom

- I'm sorry mom, she said hugging her, goodbye. I love you

- Bye baby. I love you

Meanwhile security arrived and they took Terry.

- Wait, Candy!

Candy looked and she turned to her father.

- Daddy, I'm leaving, no matter what you do, tell them to let him go...

- Albert! For God's sake! Said Melissa, call off your security guards!

Albert felt so helpless. Nothing was working and his worst nightmare was coming true...

- You can let him go, he said against his will

- Very well sirs, said the security guards letting go of Terry.

- Thank you daddy, said Candy. I'm so sorry, I love you...

She wanted to hug him, but Albert turned his face. Candy was sad. She finally ran to Terry.

- I love you too Terry, she said

They hugged and they kissed in front of everybody. Annie started clapping her hands, Anthony followed, then all the guests. They were all cheering and whistling! Melissa was laughing, the Andreakis were sulking and Albert was in a rage!

Candy and Terry left, holding hands. Annie followed them.

- Candy wait!

Candy and Terry stopped and turned around.

- Annie? Honey, this is my cousin Annie, said Candy

- Pleased to meet you, Annie

- Likewise, said Terry

- Candy what about your stuff the paintings

- Oh...

- I can wrap them up and send it to you in a hour

- We'll be at the Hilton, said Terry

- All right..., said Annie

She hugged Candy hard.

- Good luck darling, I love you.

- I love you too..., said Candy, thank you

Candy and Terry left the mansion. They took a cab to the Hilton. She was in his arms savouring his arms around her. They kissed passionately. They arrived at the hotel and they were all over each other, in the elevator, when they got to their floor they got out still holding each other and kissing, the bell boy was shaking his head looking at them smiling so were the other customers. Terry opened his hotel room door and they finally were able to take their clothes off and make mad passionate love like there was no tomorrow. When they were resting...

- I can't believe you came to get me! Dressed up as a waiter??? And that moustache, that bun on your hair! Oh my God! But you were a sight for sore eyes...

- I tried approaching you, but I couldn't. with my tray full of glasses

- You actually were working as a waiter?

- Yep! I snuck in with them by the back door. You're mansion is heavily guarded...

- What made you come back to me...?

- My sisters... one discovered who you really were , she told my dad, who told your dad...

- How did she found out who I was, not that I was hiding it or anything...

- Lacy told her, when she found out and cooked up that theory that you did it on purpose, the rest you know

- How could you believe I'd do something like that?

- I was just in shock... you were the enemy, but I never hated you honey, believe, from the second I saw you, I loved you and I never stopped...you stole my heart away...you're the only one I want. I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you at the restaurant, I'm so sorry I made you cry,... it took me everything not to take you in my arms to console you and kiss you

- You're here now darling and we're going to be together forever

- Forever is a very long time, but it might not be enough for our love...

He kissed her.

- You do know that we're on our own now? Said Candy

- I know, my credit card paid for my plane ticket and yours for New York, for this room... by now, my sister Suzy ratted me out to my father who probably froze my money...

- You heard my father...are you sure your fine with this?

- I don't if I'm fine, but I know one thing, with you, everything is fine. Let's start from scratch...

- You know what this means? No help from our friends or family, we have to make it on our own...

- Yes...I'm sure my family and yours are going to blacklist us...we won't be able to find a job we love...

- I know, we will need to go on social assistance, housing...no wait! You work for your family, you get a salary and a pay slip?

- Yes, why?

- You can collect unemployment!

- Really?

- You're so cute when you're clueless! You paid your taxes, you're entitled to it until you find another job...

- I'm glad you know the stuff, little princess, how do you know all this?

- I help out in shelters a lot and I learn a lot on social assistance and unemployment benefits...

- I never thought I would be homeless one day!

- I'm going to call Bobbie, she didn't come to my engagement party, she was sick. She could have us for one day, then we're on our own...She's going to send her driver to pick us up...

- All right

There was knock on the door. It was Candy's belonging, sent by Annie.

- Probably my stuff, said Candy

- Right..., said Candy

Terry put on his boxers and he opened the door. They bell boy came in with Candy's stuff. When they left, Candy put on a sheet and walked to her portraits.

- Look what I did, she said

Terry looked at her new self-portrait

- Oh my God it's amazing! You've got talent honey! He said

- Until I find someone willing to expose me...

- You will... you'll make it...and I'm going to make too!

- I didn't think I had the right to ask you to give up everything...

- You can ask me anything honey, we love each other... we need to do what we need to do to be together. We're not going to let our parents force us to be apart, by cutting us off... nothing should separate us, not even money...

- Let's show our families that we can make it without them and their money!

They hugged, they kissed. They were determined to fight and be together against all odds. When they stopped, Terry bend on one knee and said;

- Candice Andrew, will you marry me?

- Yes, Terrence Grandchester, I'll marry you!

They hugged and kissed again. They were young, they were strong, they were in love and .... They were broke!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 253 16
When Sara goes to a party with her best friend she meet Jeremiah. He saves her that's night and it starts from there. (Not that great of a descripti...
135 17 22
Pyromaniac pyromancer meets a weird kid with an eyepatch and they save the world.
75.2K 3.6K 24
Clay had been closeted all his life and planned for it to remain that way. But, with having homophobic parents it was seemingly impossible to ever fi...
356K 8.9K 43
DREAMNOTFOUND through mental and physical abuse, george meets dream. not everything starts out great, but of course, it always makes it up in the en...