Rejecting the Rejected

By mgm-22

Kim Drake was a loner - someone most people didn't even knew existed, or cared to recognize her existence. Th... More

Rejecting the Rejected
Rejecting The Rejected Chapter 1
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 2
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 4
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 5
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 6
Rejecting The Rejected: Chapter 7
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 8
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 9
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 10
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 11
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 12
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 13
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 14 TEASER
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 15
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 16
Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 17
Rejecting the Rejected: Epilogue
Author's Note

Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 3

58.6K 1.4K 211
By mgm-22

Dedicated to crazycharm for voting and commenting!=)

Rejecting the Rejected

Chapter 3

I was running. Running away from something. More like someone. A white nightie flapped against my legs as I ran away. The moonlight reflected against my pale legs. Long golden locks tangled in my face.

I was numb. It was as if I couldn’t feel anything besides the wet tears streaming down my face.

 I heard a deep howl and immediately knew he was getting closer and closer. A feeling of panic arose as I the thump of paws came closer and closer.

 My heels hit the soft ground as I weaved in and out of trees trying to throw off the path of the wolf behind me.

The wolf would not give up though. I could feel his hot breath at the edge of my heels. I was very tired, and my breathing came out in short huffs. I forced my legs to run faster, but I resulted in tripping over a tree root.

I let out a sharp cry as I felt my ankle snap. The fall turned me around completely so I was now face to face with this vicious creature.

I trembled as I looked at the towering dark wolf that was snarling and snapping its teeth at me. The evil glint in his eye made it look as if he was enjoying it.

My heart was pounding so hard all I could hear was its fast beats ring through my ears. I tried to back up slowly, but the wolf was quick and stepped on my hurt ankle.

I howled in pain as his body weight stepped on my ankle. He smiled in satisfactory and stepped on my left ankle with his right paw.

I couldn’t stop the loud cry from escaping my lips as my other ankle gave away with a pop. By this time tears were escaping my eyes like a waterfall.

I was trapped. This was my final moment. And there was nothing I could do to escape. I slumped down into the ground and waited for death to come.

The wolf sensed my surrender and howled in victory. I opened my eyes to see the stars one last time when a huge paw slashed my face.

I gasped in pain and sat up. I held my face and checked my ankles but I saw nothing wrong with them. I looked frantically around to see I was tangled in my bed sheets in my painfully boring room. My throat was unbelievingly dry and my head pounded against my skull.

It seemed so real.

The girl in my dream wasn’t me. The girl had long blonde hair, which clearly isn’t my dirt colored brown hair. I could tell she was human. For one she didn’t shift which would be a no brainer if you have a wolf chasing after you. Two she definitely had no clue what was even chasing her.

The weird part about it though was how it felt like a memory. I could feel all of her pain and her emotions. Weird.

I looked over at my alarm clock to see it was only three in the morning. After that dream I don’t think I am going to go to sleep anytime soon.

I hopped out of bed and tiptoed down the stairs. I headed towards the kitchen and grabbed a glass and filled it up with cold water.

As soon as the cold liquid ran down my throat, I instantly felt better. I set the glass on the counter. I was about to get aspirin when out of the corner of my eye I saw something gleaming form the moonlight streaming through the window. I turned my head to see my dad’s car keys. I guess he did get home pretty late.

I grabbed the aspirin and downed it with my water. I walked into the den and set myself on the couch. I flipped on the TV. I turned it down so I wouldn’t wake my dad up after the long night he had.

It was on the news channel, and for some reason I felt compelled to watch it, which was unusual considering that I wouldn’t be caught dead watching the news.

A news woman appeared on the screen with a sullen look on her face.

“Sixteen year old Melody Grey was found in the woods murdered last night. She was to believed to have been running away from something, what from? We don’t know. The police are saying that it was some type of animal attack form the scratch marks on her face. Both of her ankles were broken and her ribs were cracked.”

I gasped as the picture of Melody showed on the screen. That was the same exact girl from my dream. They even described her death the same as my dream! I didn’t even know this girl and I dreamed about her exact death. I have officially gone crazy.

I woke up the next morning on the couch with a stiff neck. The aspirin hadn’t helped much because my head was still pounding, just not as hard.

The TV was still on. I fumbled with the remote until I switched it off. Why was I even down here?

The memories of last night’s dream crashed around me. I shook my head trying to get rid of the picture of the big wolf, but for some reason it was forever burned in the back of my head.

I grabbed the water and set it into the sink. The clock read six thirty. That means I barely got any sleep. At that thought I yawned rather loudly.

“Good morning sleeping- ah!” My dad jumped back from my appearance.

I frowned at him. Did I really look that bad?

 He must have seen the look on my face. “It’s good to know I’m not the only one who didn’t get much sleep.”

I sighed and leaned against the counter. “I just couldn’t go to sleep last night. I kept having weird dreams.” My dad frowned when I said the last part. I shook my head. “Anyways why were you out so late last night?”

My dad got a panicked look on his face. “I-“ Before he could answer the front door opened and Charlene walked into the kitchen.

“Hello my-“ She gasped at my appearance.

I let out a huff and threw my hands up in the air. “Oh, come on! Do I really look that bad?”

My dad and Charlene both nodded. “I just woke up, give me a break.” I looked over at Charlene with suspicion. “Why are you here so early?”

She grinned deviously. “I just wanted dot show your stupid mate what he is missing out on.”

My stomach churned uncomfortably at the mention of him. My eyes watered and I felt my wolf howl in sorrow.

My dad looked at me surprised and then angry. “You found your mate? Who is he? Is he treating you right? Why didn’t you tell me? When do I get to meet him so I can have a talk with this boy?”

I smiled sadly at him. “Yeah, I found out this weekend. And about meeting him, I don’t think that will happen anytime soon.” I whispered as a tear dripped down off my face.

“What do you mean?”

“He rejected me.” I said barely over a whisper, but because of our super heightened senses I know he heard.

A mixture of sadness and anger washed over his face. “Tell me who it is so I can rip his head off.” He growled.

I sighed and wiped the tears off my face. “This is why I didn’t tell you. Plus, I’m fine.” I said the last part quieter.

My dad shook his head and pulled me into a hug. “When I find out who this punk is he will be far from fine by any standards.” I hugged him back and tried not to cry. Charlene came and hugged both my dad and I.

“Now you see why I am trying to make him regret his decision Uncle Sam?” Charlene said pulling out of the hug. Uncle Sam was always her nickname for my dad. His real name is George, but she always said that he reminded her of Uncle Sam from those posters.

My dad laughed humorously. “He should have known form the minute he saw her.” I could tell he was doing everything he could not to change into his wolf form. His eyes were nearly black and he was shaking.

I squeezed my dad’s hand. His black eyes faded back to their original brown color and he stopped shaking.

“Now come on girl! Let’s show everyone what you have got!” Charlene yelled as she dragged me up the stairs and into my room.

After an hour of scrubbing, waxing and other bodily functions, Charlene was finally done with me. She wolf whistled. “Damn. If we weren’t related and I didn’t have a boyfriend, honey, I wouldn’t mind tapping that.” She winked.

I rolled my eyes. “No offense, but I don’t think even you would be able to work a miracle.”

She smirked and turned around my chair. I nearly fell out of it when I saw my appearance.

She had softly curled my hair so that it came down to my shoulders. She put a thin layer of black eye liner and some clear mascara to make my boring brown eyes pop. No sign of glasses were to be found. I used the contacts I had yesterday.

She had managed to scrub off all of the tear stains and she had waxed my eyebrows which still stung. Thanks to this special lotion she had brought along with her entire cosmetics bag, the redness was gone.

I was wearing a sweater that went to mid-thigh and some black leggings paired with black boots with heels on it. Overall, I looked pretty good, and I actually liked this look too.

Charlene saw my expression and danced around while throwing her hands up in the air. “I am a complete genius!”

I grinned. “Yes you are. Thank you so much!”

She winked. “That is what I am here to do.”

When I walked down stairs, my dad’s eyes nearly bulged out of his sockets. He choked on his coffee. I looked at him worriedly but he just held his hand up signaling he was fine. He chuckled and shook his head. “That boy has no idea what he is going to have to deal with.”

I smiled at him and was about to open the door when my dad called me from behind. “Kim!” I turned my head and looked at him. He grinned evilly. “Give him hell.”

I know this seems like a boring chapter, but the dream in the beginning was an important factor. HINT HINT! Ayways I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your support. I am already on the werewolf and fantasy charts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 34.9K 76
Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in his birthday party. That day, he bluntly...
539K 20.2K 40
Warning: this story contains mature content read on your own risk. COMPLETE Highest rank #19 on werewolf #32 on werewolvesandvampires His Vampire...
1.1M 56.2K 23
What happens when you have two ruthless alphas right next to each other? Well let's just say that it can't be good. Alpha Ace Winter has been an alph...
2M 53K 41
TITLE CHANGE! Renamed from "He's A Werewolf, My Mate, Oh, and Also The Alpha King! Carter is a beautiful, strong, determined young wolf in her pack...