The Hidden Maiden

By wischerandrea

"Stop struggling and submit to me. Or I'll make you," he whispered beside my ear with a deadly tone. "I will... More

Author's Note (please read!)
Chapter 1 - Victoria Dunham
Chapter 2 - The girl in the shadows
Chapter 3 - What our hearts desire
Chapter 4 - The girl of your dreams
Chapter 5 - The birthday party
Chapter 6 - A mistaken encounter
Chapter 7 - The Victim
Chapter 8 - Conflicting Feelings
Chapter 9 - Training to be pack warrior
Chapter 10 - Shed new light
Chapter 11 - Crimson butterflies
Chapter 12 - Jumpy heart
Chapter 13 - Young love
Chapter 14 - Fate is fickle-minded
Chapter 15 - The Nest
Chapter 16 - The Revelation
Chapter 17 - Reborn
Chapter 18 - She's gone
Chapter 19 - Dia
Chapter 20 - The Outsider
Chapter 21 - Tomorrow
Chapter 22 - Half Brothers
Chapter 23 - The strange wolf
Chapter 24 - Something to fight for
Chapter 25 - Back to square one
Not an update
Chapter 26 - Black of hair
Chapter 28 - You're mine
Chapter 29 - Stay with me
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 27 - His destiny

4.9K 221 5
By wischerandrea

Victoria's POV
"Now for the last piece.." She pushed my hair to the side and slips a necklace onto my neck. I picked it up and saw it was a beautiful gemstone, greyish blue in color. Mom scrutinized me through the mirror and asked, "You sure you're ok there love?" My cheeks felt frozen when I tried to smile against my will. "Yeah I'm good. Shall we go then?" I asked, hoping she'll drop the subject.

Mom had helped me straighten my midnight blue hair and put on some makeup for the evening. I look different with the matte red lipstick. I chose the white dress and the chain headpiece to go with it, which I really adored. After I finished using the stuff, I packed them neatly into my bag, plus another huge luggage of clothes we bought before. Dad kindly took them to his car.

"Farewell now sir! And mdm." The security guard tipped his hat and waved to us. "Thanks for everything Bob." My dad thanked him and we got into the car. I looked back at the apartment building again, and this neighborhood.. Facing the front, I decided to not linger on this place anymore, and what goes with it. Now, there was a new set of challenge for me - the Royal pack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5 miles into the royal pack, the surrounding forest was beginning to darken. What was remaining of the sun casts itself on the snow, causing a faint of orange. I took out the nightshades essence Albus had given me, and toss back half of it.

After a minute or so, my scent was gone. "Dia, are you still there?" I asked, worried that I might lose her again.
"Yea I'm cool.. Just feel a little queasy." She replied, slurring through her sentences. "Ok just.. take it easy for now."

The huge mansion slowly came into view and my stomach turned a little. The last time I was here, it wasn't exactly a good memory. I put on the masquerade mask I was holding on to. It was white with gold patterns, and chains dangling down until my chin level.

Finally, Dad dropped me off at the sideway. "We'll be waiting for you on the other side of the east forest ok?" He said after I got off. "Good luck honey." Mom added with a worried smile.

I sucked in a big mouth of air and calmed my nerves before proceeding with the big mass of people into the mansion. The guards at the entrance let people in according to their "guest list".

"Miss may I have your name please." The corner of my mouth twitched a little. "Victoria dunham.." I said, keeping my composure. He took a good look at my eyes, the only part he could see properly, then nodded and gestured for me to follow the rest into the ballroom. I trod into the room amongst strangers I could neither recognize by their masked faces nor their scent.

I tried isolating their scents to see if Megan or Heather was here.. But what was I to do if I really meet them? What about Keith? I don't think I have the courage to face him after running away without telling him goodbye.

Disheartened, I decided to just survive the night and be on my way to being a castaway, far away from my friends. When I noticed some people staring at me or paying me any attention, I subconsciously kept my face down, even though it was deliberate on their part. I was feeling conscious about myself and afraid they could somehow recognize me as an elemental wolf. Dying at a party is the probably the worse ways to die.

From the far corner of the ballroom, I observed the delirium going on in here, like every year, people were excited to meet the royal family.

"Look! That's the three sons of the alpha king!" A girl beside me squealed in delight with her group of friends. My line of sight followed theirs onto the platform, and the alpha king and his queen took their seats, followed by three other werewolves. I recognize that sable brown hair of his immediately, cause the other two were blondes.

Hmph, glad to see he's still alive. I don't know if this anger is healthy but fuck it, I don't want to see Lewis's face. Thank god it's masked. The other two must be Chace and Lucas rowan, Queen Natalie's sons. Megan was always talking about them before they went to Germany, I remember.

"Welcome to the 22nd birthday celebration of the future Alpha king of the royal pack, Lewis Rowan." Everyone cheered for him and the band started playing. A group of shewolves waiting around the platform for a chance to dance with the three princes, while another group starting pairing up with male wolves. A dispersed mass of wolves were now dancing like civilized people, the soft melody of classical music playing at the background. While I tried to make my presence smaller by the minute.

My eyes darted to and fro uneasily, till they landed on Lewis. He stepped off the platform, and his fitting suit complemented his build, it looked extremely smart and polished on him. Damn him and his good lucks. His hair was gelled casually to one side, like he freaking has amazing hair without trying. I flipped him off inside my head, annoyed for no apparent reason.

Now that the distance between Lewis and I was becoming uncomfortable, I quietly sneaked to the side and headed for the exit. The feeling that someone was looking at me had me speed walking out of the goddamn ballroom. I heaved a sigh of relief and was glad that no one was following me. The rest of the mansion was generally deserted except for their maids. But they were busying with their stuff to be bothered with me.

A thought suddenly came to me. Last year when I was looking for the washroom, someone was playing the piano on the third floor. Maybe I can seek solace there. I jogged my memory and followed what I thought was the source of the sound the other time. I pushed open the door and voila, there it was, the grand piano. I explored the room a little, the cello sitting by the fireplace, and a large library of ancient-looking books. Something about this room bothered me.. It tugged at my heart. For some reason, it felt a little lonely.

Not wanting to dampen the mood any further, I tried the room beside it. Right there, stood the most majestic concert harp I've ever seen. The forepillar of the harp was plated with gold, and the body made out of the best quality wood, most likely maple. The carvings on it was so beautiful and detailed, it could almost come to life. Dying to play this beautiful harp, I pulled off the mask and sat down, the seat creaking under my weight. It must have been left here for some time now.

I plucked a few strings and thankfully it wasn't out of tune. So I started playing a song that I really liked. The soft melody of the harp filled the whole room and I got lost in the music. Unexpectedly, a second type of sound caught me by surprise and I realized it was coming from the piano on the other room.

On the back of my head, I thought, could it be the same person that was here last year, playing the piano too? Smiling to myself, I continued, matching the pace and slowly the harp and the piano blended into one.

Dia was feeling unusually restless and I wondered if it was due to her queasiness. Piece after piece, no one had noticed the hour hand turning quickly. Until I did, I shot out of the seat and stumbled to the door.

What am I? Some fucking Cinderella?!

The time ticking with not a minute to spare, I dashed down the corridor. "Wait!!" Someone shouted behind me, but due to the state of panic, I couldn't hear nor smell. I ran down the staircase and slammed the back door open, heading straight to the forest behind the mansion. This was where I bumped into a certain someone.

Holy crap! I just remembered I left my mask beside the harp! But it was alright since I'm already far away from the people in the mansion. Feet grazing over the snow, I was finally safe out of sight in the forest.

Just then, the old clock tower chimed 12 o'clock, and I stopped abrupted. Dia howled powerfully, as if reaching out to someone. Then I smelled it. And I smelled him.
"Mate.." No... No!!!

"Mate..." He whispered, his voice so light it could be carried by the wind. No.. please tell me this is a mistake moon goddess.. But it was real, because standing there was Lewis.. emitting a scent that could only belong to my mate.

"Victoria.." He reached out weakly, there was pain in his eyes, like an ache from recovering something that was stolen from him. I shook my head over and over again as I watched him approach. "No.. Don't come near me!" I screamed and a strong jet of air hit him in the chest and his back crashed forcefully into a tree. Only then I realized I did that with my hands.

The blood trickled down his forehead, while I took off to the east side of the forest where my parents await, leaving behind a unconscious Lewis. A vein on my temple pumped furiously, my head ready to burst. Was I too much for doing that..? Dia whined and wailed for her mate, and the fact that I was the one who hurt him.

Well, he hurt me first.. And now he got what he deserves...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 122K 51
If you throw a rogue wolf into a pack, what do you get? Certainly, not a Luna. Kaia Aalish, rogue-born, must outrun the repercussions of her murdero...
1M 42.9K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
235K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
105K 4K 61
"I don't care that you're my mate. I will never... and I repeat, I will never be yours, Hunter." she grits her teeth, making Hunter smirk. "Is that a...