Forever In My Heart |HS|

By Kukie_x

His shell was slowly cracking, and her walls were slowly crumbling. Amelia Skye isn't the typical popular gir... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - Forever In My Heart
Chapter 40-The End

Chapter 1

264 9 12
By Kukie_x

"Is this seat taken?" I asked, pulling the chair out quietly. Class had barely began, but the room was almost full. There were just two vacant seats left, and I was currently standing behind the closest.

The boy pushed his glasses back, glancing up at me momentarily, he froze before quietly whispering a small yes please. I frowned, but nodded all the same and walked to the other end of the class.

"Page 364 and 365, do exercises A to Z."

Groans.

Groans filled the class, circulating through the open room without end. I tried to stifle my laughter, though I was just as disappointed.

But there was one person who didn't seem to find fault with the exercise. The boy who'd been reserving a seat smiled to himself, trying but failing to suppress it.

I licked my lips lightly, concentrating on my work. After a few minutes, the sound of wood scraping against the ground had me raising my head to see the source of the obnoxious noise.

People rolled their eyes at him, others muttering nerd as he walked towards the front to hand in his work. He kept his head down, speaking quietly to the teacher and walking back to sit with a sigh.

I was sure that seat wasn't meant for anyone. I turned back to my work, answering a few and leaving the majority which I didn't understand.

This topic wasn't my thing, and I was usually great at the calculations. Lie, I was great at everything. But, calculus wasn't my strong point.

I decided to get some help with it, closing my exercise book and flipping through the pages of the textbook.

It appeared I was on the same page as the entire class, considering no one else had gone to submit.

"It's clear you're all struggling with this bit, so I'll leave it to you as an assignment. To be submitted in two days. Class dismissed."

I internally sighed, getting up and out of my seat.

"Hey, Ami."

I turned back, looking expectantly at Calvin.

"Thought maybe you'd like to meet up after school?" He smiled sweetly.

"I'm busy," I said,"Maybe some other day."

"Tomorrow?"

"Next year," I replied, turning again to go ask the teacher for help. I smiled as I heard him chuckle softly.

"It's a date, then."

I walked up to the teacher, seeing him go through the quiet boy's work.

"You'll have to keep it though, until everyone has turned theirs in."

He nodded stiffly, glancing up at me with wide eyes. But just as quickly as he looked, his eyes were back down.

"Sir, could you please explain this topic to me? I can't quite seem to grasp it."

This man never liked me, and I never liked him. Which was probably why I never got anything he said.

Don't hate your teachers. It makes understanding what they teach difficult, since you can barely hear them over the insults you're throwing at them in your mind.

"I'm busy with my wedding." He said, almost rolling his eyes. "Why do you think I let you off before the lesson ended?"

I rolled my eyes deeply, turning to leave. I heard quiet footsteps behind me, and something lit up in my mind.

"Hey," I called, making the boy stop short in his steps. His eyes remained glued to his feet, and his breathing seemed to quicken slightly.

When he didn't respond, I continued,"I'm sorry. I just couldn't help but notice you're great at calculus from all our lessons in the past, and I'm terrible." I paused, hoping he'd see where I was going with this.

Again, no response whatsoever,"I was thinking, after school, maybe you could help me? My grades mean a lot to me, and I'd really appreciate any help I can get."

I sighed, turning to leave after minutes of silence.

"W-wait," He called softly.

I licked my lips lightly, looking at him.

"I- I can t-tutor you."

A smile pulled at my face and I screamed in ecstasy,"Really?" I asked, hugging him. He stilled lightly and pushed my body away from his, gently with a confused look.

"Sorry, this class has just been soiling my reports since I started."

The edges of his lips curved up a bit and he nodded, beginning to walk away.

"Wait," I breathed, making him stop but he didn't turn. "Can I have your number? So, I can text and ask when it'd be possible. I mean, you seem like you'd be more comfortable talking via phone, than in person."

He frowned a bit, taking my phone out of my hands and tapping at numbers. I looked away from his big hands, trying to see his face.

Impossible.

"Thanks," I said as he handed the device back to me. "Could I get your name, maybe?" I asked, making him facepalm.

"S-sorry, it's Harry." He spoke even softer than before. And, I nodded at him as I texted back my number.

"I'm Ami." I said when he didn't ask. He offered me a small smile, walking off. I looked at his retreating form, stance tense and stiff. I shrugged at his quietness, walking away in the opposite direction to my own class.

Maybe, he'd help me change my Ds to As.

At least, that's what I hoped.

He seemed overly reserved, maybe too reserved for someone as outgoing as I was. I hoped that wouldn't get in the way of tutoring, because he was honestly my only hope at getting better at this class.

I sighed, pulling out a seat beside Bianca.

"I saw you in the hallway talking to the freak," She said, glancing at me momentarily.

"Who?" I asked, trying to recall,"Harry?"

"Whatever his name is." She said as she pulled out her books. I frowned lightly.

Well, that was rude.

"Freak?"

"How else do you describe him?" She chuckled.

"That's a bit harsh, don't you think?"

"Not really. Suites him well."

My brows furrowed, and I shrugged, turning away from her and focusing on taking notes. I didn't want to talk much, because I knew in the end she'd insult someone else.

Why waste my breath?

Classes dragged by, and soon the day was over.

I gladly packed out my locker, texting Harry about our study session quickly.

The name didn't quite fit him, it didn't fit his looks nor his personality. I turned to see him pull his hoodie tighter against his body, walking right past me.

"Excuse me, Harry?"

His step faltered, and he turned to face me with his eyes on the ground.

"Sorry, I texted you but, you didn't reply." At this, he frowned,"I was wondering if you could come over today? I'd like to get the assignment out of the way."

His frown deepened,"I-I have to be home early. My -my mum's working the night shift. She won't leave w-without seeing me."

I frowned at his reason,"Okay. Maybe, we could go to yours? I don't know, if not tomorrow is perfectly fine."

"S-sure, you can come over m-mine." He stammered out, looking flustered.

"That'd be great," I smiled, walking over to my car. I noticed it was just mine left in the lot, meaning he was either walking or taking the bus. I rolled my glass down,"Get in. I might as well come right over, yeah?"

He looked from the street to the car unsurely.

I sighed,"Come on, Harry."

He grumbled a bit in protest, but walked slowly and hesitantly towards the car. He stood in front of the door, looking around. I chuckled softly, pushing the door open.

"Thank you," He breathed, crouching to enter the car.

"No problem. I'm going to need you to give me directions. Or just an address."

Obviously, he picked the one that required less talking. He quietly mumbled an address, stumbling over the words. I typed it into my GPS, following the directions.

"This is it." Harry whispered, and I came to a stop in front of a large and modern house. The garden was well cared for, and the house simply had a touch of newness.

I parked carefully, walking in behind Harry.

"I'm home, mum." He called loudly, and I found myself flinching at his voice. It was so incredibly deep, and different than when he'd talked to me, Cheshire accent seeping through.

"Hello, love." A sweet woman said, stumbling down the stairs. Her eyes widened when they fell on me, and she looked from me to Harry.

"She needed help with a subject," He tried to explain. His mother shook her hands in his face, turning to me.

"Hey, sweetheart. I'm Harry's mother. Sorry if I'm a bit giddy, he's never had a girl over." Harry blushed lightly, huffing.

I smiled,"It's nice to meet you, Mrs?" I paused, realizing Harry hadn't told me his last name.

"It's Miss Cox. But, please, call me Anne."

I smiled and nodded,"It's nice to meet you, Anne."

A single mother could afford this house? She must've been a hard worker.

"I have to go. Be good," She looked at Harry,"I'm sure Harry will fix you something good. Bye." Anne smiled, kissing Harry's cheek before walking out.

I looked to Harry, unsure of what to do. This was his house after all.

"S-sorry, follow me." I followed quietly after him up the stairs, looking around at the place. It really was nice.

"Beautiful place," I commented.

"My mum b-built it." He said, pride conspicuous in his voice. It was cute. "Can we study in my room, is that o-okay?"

I looked up at him.

"Or the s-study, that's f-fine with me."

"Harry, your room is fine. Your house, your rules." I said.

"Okay," He whispered, opening the door to his room. I looked around, it was nice. White walls with orange paint splattered against it. The room was organized and neat, and cleaner than mine by a million.

He picked up some clothes, looking away from me.

"Excuse me," He whispered, walking into the connected bathroom. I stifled a laugh when he tripped over his feet, face planting within seconds.

"Oh my God," I said, standing when I realized he was still on the ground,"Are you okay?" Harry groaned in response, crawling towards the bathroom.

"At least I can't fall this way," He mumbled to himself,"Yeah. I'm fine, thanks." He replied, shutting the door quietly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 8.1K 32
Maggie Farr is your typical nerd, she's not into partying, and doesn't have many friends, her golden blonde locks are pushed back in a ponytail, and...
1.2K 13 21
Lauren, a normal girl, meets Harry and the rest of the boys at a signing. She always had a fancy for Harry, and it turns out that he starts to like h...
2.2K 166 23
Lisa Davenport,a bad girl who goes to university and lives with her two friends,Diana and Anne Sparks. Harry Styles,also a bad boy that doesn't go to...
353K 8.2K 59
They went to the same school. She was just like any other normal teenage girl in high school. He on the other hand wasn't like any other teenage boy...