Kaneki x Reader One Shots

By TheGirlInYourCloset

This book is officially finished, there will no longer be any more updates. I'm sorry. I mean yeah this was a... More

Intro
[Clean] DrunkKaneki x Reader
[Clean] KanekixReader: Books
[Clean] KanekixReader: Amusement Park
[Clean] KanekixReader: Halloween
[Clean] KanekixReader: Ghouls
[Clean] KanekixReader: The Note
[Clean] KanekixReader: Mistletoe
[Clean] KanekixReader: Christmas Present
[Clean] KanekixReader: New Years
[Clean] KanekixReader: Regrets
[Clean] KanekixReader: Festival
[Clean] KanekixReader: Jumprope
[Clean] KanekixReader: Valentines Day
[Clean] KanekixReader: Birthday
[Clean] KanekixReader: Regrets 2
[Clean] KanekixReader: Proposal
[Clean] KanekixReader: Just a dream
[Clean] KanekixAlzheimerReader: Memories
[Clean] Kid!KanekixReader: Babysitting
[Clean] KanekixReader: Easter
[Clean] KanekixReader: Babysitter Part 2
The End
[Clean] KanekixReader: Pocky Game
[Clean] KanekixReader: Heartbreaker
[Clean] KanekixReader: 420 Blaze It
[Clean] KanekixReader: Yarichin Bitch Club
Non chapter
[Dirty?] KanekixReader: Dirty Actions
[Clean] KanekixMaleReader: Weird Feelings
[Clean] FemKanekixMaleReader: Delicious
[Clean] KanekixBlind!Reader: Ocean
[Dirty] KanekixReader: Bath
[Clean] KanekixReader: A happy ending.

[Clean] KanekixInvestigator!Reader: Special Case

10.7K 152 148
By TheGirlInYourCloset

Just as requested ~(‾▿‾~)

I was working on my Yarichin book while I was gone so maybe that's why I lost track of time, anyway here's some Ken for you~

I'm adding some sad stuff here based on the anime not the manga unless it's the same idk~

----

You sit at your desk, writing and filing important papers like usual. Yawning, you pick up your cup of coffee and smell the nice aroma that it gives. Before you took a sip of it someone comes in and startles you. You look up from your desk and see that it was just Hide. He's your best friend ever since you moved next door to his home. It wasn't your idea to shorten his name to Hide, he told you that you could call him that. He also introduced you to Ken, you two got close enough for him to let you casually call him by his first name.

It was funny but you were the oldest one out of both of them. You were close to completing your quest to qualify in becoming a part of the CCG. Once you show your high skills and training you will qualify to become a rank 2. Ever since unknown ghouls have killed your parents you swore revenge and started the hard training to become an investigator. When you moved you were at the brink of giving up, the image of their bodies bloodied and broken was scarred deep in your memory. If it weren't for Ken and Hide, you would have lost your life's work. Perhaps even your life.

Now you got up in ranks and had to leave them behind, but as time passed you find out that Hide started working in the same department. It made you so happy, having someone you knew so well around you made the atmosphere calmer. Even if it was just for short moments in the day.

"Ah, Hide, you brought my files?" You smile and hold out your hand.

He nods and hands them to you, "Yep! Today was chaotic with mail... why is that?"

You open the files and go through them, "Oh, it's because of..." You stop yourself, "Not sure..."

He stays quiet, examining you closely, but then speaks, "Hey, I've been hearing a lot about an eye-patched ghoul..."

"Eye-patched ghoul..." You mutter and sip your coffee. "Why did you bring that up? You curious?" You smirk.

He scratched the back of his neck and chuckles, "Yeah, it's all I hear about when I pass people during my deliveries."

You tap your chin in thought, What harm could it have to tell him? "Well... lately there's been damage and attacks about this ghoul who wears an eye-patched like mask, look." You pass him a picture that was caught in the traffic cameras, the ghoul was indeed wearing the mask you described, he also has white hair and a black outfit that covered most of his body. "It's funny, they're going to assign me on a new case with someone soon, I just need to meet my partner." You smile and take back the photo.

Hide continues to search through the files related to the eye-patch ghoul as if it was normal, "You sound so calm about this, (Your Name)... I would be so scared!" He laughs as he jokes around.

"Ah- Give me those!" You take them out of his grasp and pout, "You could get in trouble if you do that, you know." You lecture him and sigh, "I have to admit that I am worried but it's my job, I worked so hard to get to where I am."

"Heh, well just be careful when you go out there," He holds out his hand and you happily grabbed it, both of you harden your grasps and smile. "I'll see you later (Your Name), I have to deliver the rest of these." He points to the small pile of left over deliveries and goes out.

It hurt to lie to him, you were assigned to the ward where allegedly the one-eyed-owl is hiding. The first time you went into battle was when you met this kid, Juuzou, he looked younger than his actual age. Jason was located in the area, when you saw Juuzou as he worked it was like a sight you've never seen before. Everything was in chaos, the whole place went down to dust. Ever since then the eye-patched ghoul appeared.

"Exterminate... the owl?" You tensed up as you watched your boss. He asked you to meet him in private, the tone in his voice was serious.

"Yes, it looks like it's going to be a large-scale operation. You've been chosen to be one of the participants." He stares, his eyes show his concern for you, it makes you nervous just looking at him. "You know how to write one of these, right?" He walks up to you and hands you a testamentary note.

You stare at it with wide eyes, your boss pats your back and walks out of the room. You're left alone with the testamentary note.

"This will be a big fight for every one." The boss announces to everyone that has been chosen for the mission. "It will change a lot of things if we win... It might even change history itself." He smiles, "But remember to give it your all and fight for justice!" Everyone cheered, you merely clapped with a forced smile.

After the meeting everyone starts to leave and you pick up your notes. Out of the corner of your eye you see Juuzou, he just stands against the wall like the first time you met him. Picking at his stitches and looking lost in his own world. You walk up to him to say good luck, he sees you walking up to him and smiles.

"Hi, Juuzou, right?" You ask. Besides seeing him in action, you've never really talked to him.

"Uwaaah! You're the one that fought all those ghouls in one swoop!" He looks at every inch of you in awe, "Your quinque is so cool!"

You blush at how you were suddenly praised for your work, "Thank you. Oh, by the way, your stitches look cool. They have a very neat pattern!" Both of you laugh together. Shinohara walks towards you two and sees him laughing with you.

"Well that's surprising." He chuckles. "Ah, (Your Name) did you finish writing your testamentary note?" Shinohara asks in a concerned tone. You immediately frown at the thought of it and hesitate to answer. He pats your shoulder and sighs, "No worries, you still have time, just think carefully about it."

You look at him and force a smile, "Okay."

You look at the hand that Hide shook and close it, "I might not come back in one piece this time..." You say staring at the testamentary note. Little did you know Hide was hiding behind the door and heard what you said.

-Time Skip-

"It's time! We need to hurry!" One of your allies yells.

You grabbed your case that held your quinque. The thing saved your life so many times, it hurts to think that it was ripped from a ghoul, but that didn't stop you from using it. It was a huge hammer, the whole thing was bigger than you, the red streaks go from the bottom all the way to the top, stopping at the purple flat ends on it. It's lighter than you thought when they gave it to you, maybe it was because of your abnormal strength. How strong? Well let's just say you could almost carry Amon bridal style. Reason for that example is that one time Hide boasted about you being stronger than all of them and no one believed him, so you showed them who's boss.

That dummy... You smile at the memory, he almost got in trouble but if it weren't for him you wouldn't have gotten all of that respect. Well, not alone. "Come on! You three come with me!" You yell and bring three of your allies with you to your designated post. Once you reached your post you opened your case, "You two! To the right!" You point to some masked ghouls that are running towards your group to your right. Your quinque comes out with a gust of air because of how massive it is, you swinging it with ease and hit a group of ghouls to your left. Their bodies hit the wall so hard it broke down and the chunks of rubble squashed them flat. Gun fire could be heard from every inch of the ward, everyone was fighting with all their might. Some yelling could be heard from afar, yours included.

"Guh!" At the corner of your eye a ghoul was about to slash at one of your allies. You spin your whole body to give your quinque enough momentum to hit the ghoul away. A loud crunch could be heard from the body you flung away from your ally, he smiles, "Thanks!"

You smile back at him and squash another ghoul against the floor, splattering it's blood everywhere, "Be more careful next time!" Seeing you work swiftly boosted their confidence and they continued to shoot.

After a while the area was nearly cleared until you got a ring on your earpiece, "(Your Name!) How is your progress at your post?"

"Almost done sir! They're thinning out in this area." You grunt and swing your hammer upwards, hitting a ghoul in the jaw, there was a loud crack.

"Go to team 4's post, they need backup!" He orders urgently. "Just finish the ones left and go! Quickly!"

"Understood!" As you said that you stop and look around, the last ones were killed by your allies, "Team 4 needs our help! Let's move quickly!" You yell and run while holding your quinque tightly in your hands.

When you reach the designated area where team 4 is you see them get surrounded, you take a deep breath and go charging in from behind the horde of ghouls. They're taken by surprise as you took out the back row of ghouls easily. Some managed to survive your death blow and jump at you, you gasp as you had no time to react. Your allies shoot them until they couldn't move, you look at them and smile as a thanks.

The other ghouls launch themselves at you but you had enough room to swing you quinque clockwise and get some of them. "Attacking from behind is such a dirty move." You glare at the horde that was still alive. They merely smile and make their kagunes appear, some shot shard pieces at you. It was quick but you managed to crouch behind your quinque and avoid the blows. Unfortunately one of your allies gets hit multiple times, his armor never had a chance against the blows and he went limp. Your whole body froze, seeing his lifeless body brought flashbacks of your parents. The grief turned to anger and you swung your quinque at the shooters, they went out with a splat.

You were letting out anger at the ghouls, they took another one who was close to you. They must pay... "(Your Name!)" You hear someone yell out your name and you snap out of it.

That voice is very familiar... You look ahead to team 4, the one that yelled your name looked straight into your eyes, "Hide!?" You yell. A ghoul nearly stabs your chest but you blocked it with your quinque. The ghoul had a lot of strength as you struggled to get him away from you, luckily Hide shoots him off. He runs to you and helps you up, before you could yell at him for being so reckless you look around.

The ghouls started to run towards the roofs of buildings, your allies stop shooting, "What the..." One of them whispered. A large man with a creepy mask appears, he walks slowly towards the group. Everyone raises up their guns and start shooting rapidly at the big ghoul. It kept walking without a bruise on its body but that didn't stop anybody with their shooting.

Hide suddenly gasps and you look at him confused. He pushes you out of the way, it happened so quickly that you let go of your quinque. All you heard was hard cracks from the walls breaking and the sound of whip like kagunes explode everywhere before you hit your head against some rock in an empty alley. You immediately pass out.

"Hello! Let me introduce myself, my name's Nagachika Hideyoshi! Welcome to the neighborhood!" An orange haired boy put out his hand for you to shake.

"Eh...." You look at his hand and then at him, raising an eyebrow, "Um... I'm (Your Name)... Nice to meet you..."

"Ah! I almost forgot! Wait okay? This'll only take a minute." He runs to the plants that are taller than him and goes behind them. You tried to rub the sleep from your eyes and look around. The new place wasn't even ready yet and there's already neighbors coming to greet you? It hasn't even been a day... The boy names Hideyoshi came back but this time with someone else. He smiles and pushes the raven haired boy towards you. He holds a basket full of fruits and other delicious looking treats, he stays quiet and looks away nervously,"Go on!" Hideyoshi encouraged him.

"Uh... Hello, I'm... Kaneki Ken... Nice to meet you..." He slowly offers the basket of treats.

You look at him and then and the basket, "Thank you." You smile and grab the basket, "Eh... I would invite you in but my house isn't done yet..." You look back at the boxes that are everywhere.

"We could help!" Hideyoshi offers, "It will make the process go faster if more people helped."

"It does seem to be a lot of heavy boxes..." Kaneki says and looks inside.

"I'm not weak..." You mumble and furrow your eyebrows.

"That's not it! We just wanted to help a neighbor out!" Hideyoshi obviously helps Kaneki out before he made it worse. You brush it off.

"I guess I could use some help..." You mumble and tap your chin in thought. "Alright, you guys can help, I can treat you guys to some lunch as thanks." You smile and Kaneki blushes at the sight of your smile. Hideyoshi looks at Kaneki out of the corner of his eye and smirks.

~Months later~

"Hey (Your Name) how do you fell towards Kaneki?" Hide casually asks as he studies on your coffee table.

The sudden question made you choack on your drink, "W-What's with the sudden question?!" You blush, "We're friends... so I care for him..." You mumble.

"So you love him." Hide turns and smirks as he sees that his hunch is correct, "You should tell him."

"It's not that simple." You grumble and watch the TV, with a sigh you lay down on the couch, "It's easier said than done."

Hide looks up at the ceiling, "Well... I could help if you want."

"I want it to come naturally," You ruffle his hair and laugh, "and I don't want you meddling with my personal life."

"You know normally girls would deny their feelings at first, you merely accepted them in seconds," Hide raises his eyebrow.

You look away and cover your eyes, "I'm not like other girls..."

~A week later~

Kaneki knocks on your front door to find it unlocked, "Hello? (Your Name?)" He looks through your home until he reaches your room. He slowly opens it to find you laying down covering your eyes with your arm, whimpers and sniffles could be heard from you, "(Your Name!) Are you okay?" Kaneki goes to your side and puts his hand on your shoulder. You shake your head slowly and he frowns, "Here..." He brings your body to his and embraces you. His warmth soothed your aching heart. "Please... Tell me why you're sad..." He strokes your hair.

You hold him tightly and let the tears fall down your cheek, "It's easier said than done..." You whimper.

"Then I'll wait for you to tell me all your troubles..." He gently smiles. Ever since then you started to call him by his first name.

"(Your Name!) (Your Name!)" You hear distant calls of your name. Your eyes open slowly, covering them as the lights outside where bright.

"Where... am I?" You mumble and rub the bruise you got from the hit.

"Don't worry... we're safe..." Hide smiles. "You're strong but you're so light, I hope you've been eating correctly..." Hide let's you sit up.

You look around, you're both in a broken down cafe, all the windows are shattered and dried blood paints the floor and walls. When you slowly stand up you see someone else laying down across from you, "Is that..." You slowly walk up to the body and see the eye-patched ghoul, "Ken..." You whisper.

"Yeah..." Hide scratches the back of his neck, "While I was carrying you here I found him as well, you could just imagine how hard that was."

You kneel down and pet Kaneki's hair, "You went through so much..." You whisper and frown. His hair is so soft, you expected it to be rough and tangled from the battle. "What's that smell?" You sniff the air and smell something different besides all the blood and death.

"Ah... It's coffee..." Hide goes behind the counter and you could hear a couple clanks from cups, "Here, these are the only ones that weren't broken..."

He places your cup of coffee on the counter and you sit on a stool, "...Thanks..." You smile and bring the cup to your mouth, a gross taste hits your tongue as you took a sip. You didn't really react to it, you knew Hide was never good at making coffee.

Hide opens his mouth to speak but was interrupted by some groaning sounds, you don't do anything but stare at your coffee. Hide pours coffee in two other cups and starts walking towards Kaneki, "Coffee is surprisingly hard to make, isn't it?" He says casually, you decided to finally turn around and see Kaneki's shocked face as he looks at Hide, "Yo, Kaneki." Hide smiles.

"Hide..." Kaneki whispers, the lights from outside shine inside the cafe. The lights from outside lit enough of your body for Kaneki to see, "(Your Name)..." He gasps as he realizes that his left eye is exposed and covers it, scared at how you two would react.

You and Hide both frown, "Kaneki..." Hide starts to speak, "I knew." Kaneki freezes, "We both knew." Hide adds and gently smiles. "It's plain. Should have let it sit a little longer." He says to himself as he goes to the window and looks outside. He takes a sip of his own coffee and cringes, "Sorry, Kaneki. This one isn't any better." Hide nervously laughs.

It's not like you wanted to speak, its just that you didn't know what to say. The cafe was very quiet, everything outside suddenly stopped. Lights that emitted the store would come and go slowly, Hide's voice is the only sound that currently breaks the silence.

That is besides the blood dripping on the floor.

"Oh, you guys remember?" Hide suddenly raises his voice as if he thought of something, "That time Nishio-senpai beat the crap out of me and (Your Name)?" He smiles and Kaneki merely looks up as he still covers his left eye. "To be honest I thought we were goners. I tried playing dead to shake him off, but that guy didn't let up!" He smiles, "Well... it did help (Your Name) from getting hurt." A helicopter could be heard passing by outside, you look out and see it searching for anybody. They're probably checking for any more ghouls that were left behind or hiding away somewhere. "Thinking back on the past when (Your Name) was still around, we took her here to celebrate her success in going to rank 2." Hide stares at his coffee with a smile, "I really admired how everyone seemed to be so full of life. It kind of felt like I was the only one being left out."

The silence after Hide speaks made you feel like throwing up, he was the only one trying to make Kaneki smile. You had enough, "Kaneki, don't shoulder the burden all by yourself." You say as casually as you could with a smile, "You've always done that for others." You start to chuckle.

Kaneki looks down, he finally shows a small smile, "Yeah..."

Drops of blood hit the floor.

Hide looks at you and feels more confident as you start to chip in and help, "You know, Kaneki, you've gotten pretty famous." He walks around the table, struggling a bit, you get up and walk towards him.

"'Eye-patch,' they call you!" You cover your left eye and laugh with Hide. Kaneki's smile slowly grows bigger.

Hide has this mischievous look, "You doing this for the ladies?" That question made your eyebrow twitch but hearing Kaneki finally laughing, even if it was low, got you let Hide go on. "Or maybe... for one in particular?"

"That's enough..." You whisper to Hide before he could do anything more.

"Ehhhh? Even after all this time?" Hide says out loud for Kaneki to hear. "You were honest to me so why can't you be honest to him?"

Kaneki looks at Hide then at you with confused eyes, "You play dirty." You mumble angrily. Hide lightly pushes you towards Kaneki and you scratch your cheek nervously, "uh... I... I've had these special... feelings towards you... ever since you tried to help me with my problems... and I wasn't sure what they were because I never felt like this towards someone before... Um... What I'm trying to say is..." You look down and shut your eyes tightly, "I love you."

You waited for him to reject your feelings or think of it as another joke and laugh, but you suddenly felt him embrace you. Hide smiles triumphantly and watches as you two hold each other tightly. It felt so liberating when you finally let out how you felt.

Blood hit the floor.

Kaneki looks up and sees Hide falling to his knees, he sees the big blood stain on his side. "Hide?" You look over and see Hide in pain. The blood around him stains his hands.

He's in so much pain and yet he manages to keep his smile. He chuckles, "I ran into a little trouble out there... while trying to save... (Your Name)..." His breathing became shallow and he tries his best to ease his pain.

You two let go of each other and catch him before he falls. "Hide..." You whimper, tears stain your cheeks.

He holds onto both of your shoulders, "Kaneki... (Your Name)..." He looks up and strains to keep his smile, "Let's go home." His grip tightens and then goes limp. It became dead quiet, the wind outside picked up as the snow gradually starts to fall. Everything happened so fast, you couldn't react anymore, the next thing you knew was the building was engulfed in flames.

"Hide..." Kaneki's tears fell and hit Hide's face, he grunts and struggles to stay alive. Hide smiles once again as he feels Kaneki's tears hit him, "Let's go home, Hide."

You grab Hide's hand and squeeze it. "Let's go home," You whisper as you wipe your tears.

Kaneki grabs Hide's body and picks him up bridal style, you get up as well and grab a white table cloth that managed to not get burnt and cover his body with it. You both start walking out of the cafe in silence. The cold air hit you as the wind picked up, the snowflakes covered the streets and dead bodies that laid scattered around. The flames from the buildings roared and the black smoke covered the sky, making it gray and dull. As you walk both of you stop in the middle of the road, you look ahead and see what's left of your group. You look around and see many of your friends and co-worker's bodies laying lifeless on the road. Rubble and crumbling buildings are what's left of this ward. It was so different back then, so simple, so full of life.

You both start to walk again, passing by the dead bodies. You see some of your allies trying to revive one of the fallen and fail miserably, but that didn't stop them. The others raised their guns and point them at Kaneki until the cloth covering Hide is blown away, they stare in shock. You see Juuzou's small body against the wall, bandages cover one of his legs and his sits there in silence, unresponsive to the world around him. Suddenly a helicopter hovers it's light over both of you, the loud sound of the helicopter's engine rings in your ear. You both stop, someone else starts walking towards you. A tall man with white hair and glasses, Kaneki lays down Hide's body gently and stares into the man's eyes.

You were aware of what was going to happen next, it didn't matter how hard the road was going to be, as long as its with Kaneki.

----

I binge watched both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul, took notes, looked closely at the CCG and researched the parts that they didn't put in the anime. This is the first time I went and researched so hard my dad thought I was crazy.

OH GOD THIS IS LIKE THE LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE EVER WRITTEN WITH OVER 4,000 WORDS OMG.

Hope it was okay though... I tried at least :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 206 27
This is my first fanfic so please don't judge (discontinued) haha πŸ˜† stop reading this omfg
11.6K 534 59
I'm just a black girl in a ghoul world that's falling in love with my best friend what could possibly happen *baby cries* um I'm gotta go ????????‍♀...
88.9K 2.4K 29
(Y/l/n) (Y/n) was dating a ghoul that is known as 'Snake Reaper'. His real name was Kagome Jack. She was a human at the time and knew the risk of bei...