Video Vixen. (Laurinah Fic) [...

By _KayParrilla

Meet Dinah Jane Hansen, a well known video and music producer who got into the business at the age of 19. She... More

two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
epilouge.

one.

6.1K 160 131
By _KayParrilla

Los Angeles, California

Dinah Jane:

"Alright! That's a wrap!" I shouted out to my crew after successfully directing a music video for a very great friend of mine, Karina Pasian. She's an up and coming artist and my team and I have been working close with her to produce music and to put together her first music video.

Karina stepped down from her previous mark on set and walked over to me. "Oh gosh, Dinah thank you so much." She said sincerely as she hugged me tightly.

I wrapped my arms around her. "No need to thank me kid, I told you that I'd give you the best. You did a great job."

For her to only be 22 she was a hard worker and was always ready for a challenge. She's been singing since she was 9 and I met her when she was 16 and I was 19, the age when I first started working closely with my dad and his friends on music. That's how I ended up where I am now. Sadly my dad passed away and left me in charge of everything, now I'm 25 years old and I'm known by many for the work that I do.

"Well I really appreciate you for being there to help me make this dream come true Dj. Really, you're like the big sister that I never wanted but I'm glad to have you."

"Awe, K. Don't make me blush." I said with a grin as I wrapped my arm around her and walked us over to my office where my best friends Ally and Normani were sitting.

I've known the two of them since middle school and we've been inseparable ever since. I enlisted them as my partners the moment that I found out that my dad left the business to me. Ally handled every meeting that I've ever had as well as kept me on my toes with time management. Normani on the other hand she was my hype-woman, and the one who kept up with who I'd be working with.

"Hey guys." I said as Karina and I entered the room.

Both Ally and Normani greeted us with hellos. "Karina you did a fantastic job girl." Ally said as she stood to hug the taller girl.

"Yeah girl, you did great." Normani chimed in.

Karina hugged her back and thanked her. "Thank you Ally, thanks Mani...oh shit I have to go to class. Dinah I'll call you."

I nodded. "Alright, kid be safe." I called out to her as she grabbed her bag from my office chair and ran off.

I sat down at my desk and started to check my emails.

"I like that girl, she's young but she knows what she wants." Normani said.

"Agreed, Dinah has she always been that way?" Ally asked.

"Yes, as far as I can remember. Hey do I have any meetings set?"

Ally shook her head. "Not at the moment. But Miguel wants you to produce a music video for the remix of Waves featuring Travis Scott...you just say the word and I'll give him a call."

"Hell yeah! Tell him yes. Normani anyone on the list for production or studio time?"

Normani went through her work phone before speaking, "Nothing at the moment, but you should get started on that mix, did you forget about the annual summer bash at the end of August?"

Aside from producing, I DJ as well. Its not something I do on a regular but I took classes and workshops for it as a fun hobby and I'd occasionally get asked to DJ at parties. The annual summer bash was my regular gig though and it's a lot of fun. I didn't really bother picking a stage name for myself. I thought it was pointless since my nickname is already DJ, so Normani and Ally decided that I should be called Dinah-Dime. I didn't like it at first but its the name that so many people recognize me as so it's what I'm sticking with.

"Yeah, I'll start on it today. It's only May so I have June and July to get it finished no worries." I mumbled.

Normani rolled her eyes and stood. "Yeah don't procrastinate Dinah Jane. Alright my loves. I have to get going, Camila's got a surprise date planned for me." She said with a smile.

"Awe, Mani. You both are just so adorable." Ally cooed.

I rolled my eyes and ignored them. Sometimes I hated being the single one of the three but at the same time I was happy being on my own.

My last break up was a complete shit storm. She stole over $50,000 from me, threw my insecurities in my face, and she linked my nudes all over Twitter. I got so much hate from people that I didn't even know but I was lucky to have so many others standing behind me to support me. But still it hurt.

I've never been normal. I was born with a full functioning penis and everyone thought that I was a boy but I knew that I wasn't. My dad named me Gordon after him. Then as I got older I developed breasts, and I freaked out. We went to the doctors and I was told that my hormones were all screwed up. This happened when I was 11, I was so afraid that my parents would treat me differently but they didn't. In fact they let me legally change my name. Dinah Jane was what I picked and from that point on its what people knew me as. I was happy but I was faced with the challenges of bullying all up until 7th grade when I met Normani and Ally. They didn't know what was going on with me or why people picked on me but it wasn't until 8th grade when they found out. A kid by the name of Alfie accidentally hit me in my crotch with a soccer ball and I laid on the ground in fetal position crying my eyes out. He apologized but then started laughing when he realized why I was in so much pain. Then all of the other kids laughed. Not Normani and Ally though. In fact they started swinging on anyone who laughed. I was overjoyed to have those two around and it was that moment that I knew that I had found life long friends.

As the years went by, I still got teased but I learned to ignore it. I still didn't have many friends but I did meet people along the way who didn't give a shit that I had a males reproductive system, they treated me like a normal human being and I appreciated that. Aside from that issue I have insecurities that cause me to shut people out. I've never really dated until I turned 22, and she was the one that I thought I could spend the rest of my life with. Telling her about my condition was hard but i was happy as hell when she said she didn't care. It didn't hit me until after our breakup that she just wanted sex and my money. For two years she got what she wanted...sadly enough.

Being single can be a bit lonely, but if I'm single then no one can hurt me right? It would still be nice to have someone that I can cherish and love and have them love and cherish me just the same.

"Dinah!" Normani shouted as she leaned over my desk and glared at me.

I sighed and pressed my back to the backrest of my chair. "Normani...what?" I mumbled.

Her glare softened and turned into a look of concern. "Honey you zoned out on us...you only do that when something is on your mind...talk to us girls you know that we love you." She said sincerely.

I nodded. "I love you guys too...I'm fine though Mani...go and hang with Camila."

Mani stood up straight and looked at me for a moment before coming over to hug me. "Fine...but please talk to us if something is wrong. You know how you get when you don't express yourself. Please eat a proper meal and call mom you know she worries."

I chuckled and nodded. "Bye Normani. Tell Camz I said hi."

She smiled and pinched my cheek before going over to hug Ally. "Will do Dinah. Bye Als. We're on for Lunch on Friday my treat. Love y'all!" She called out behind her as she hurried off.

Ally and I sat in silence for a moment before she spoke. "Dinah...I don't mean to pry...okay I mean it whatever...but when is the last time that you've been on a date?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "You always ask this question Allyson damn get off my nuts woman. I'm too busy for that shit." I snapped.

She got up and charged at me. She always does this to Normani and I. Since she's older than we are by a damn year even, she feels that its her job to protect us. Then if we get smart with her she'll playfully start beating on us but its so hilarious because she's only like 4"11.

"Who are you talking to?" She shouted.

I laughed and started tickling her until she shrieked and hurried back over to the sofa. "You...Ally I'm sorry I just...I don't have-I'm not ready. I mean I'd like to at least give it a try but since things happened with...her. You know I just um-"

She shook her head. "No. Dinah fuck her! Don't let her be the reason. Sure it maybe scary but at least have someone other than us to hang with. Not that w  don't love hanging with you, we just want you to go out and have fun. There is a woman out there for you DJ." She said sincerely.

I gasped. "Allyson! Did you just say the F word?!" I asked playfully.

Ally was a holy woman and she barely cursed. She's got a boyfriend named Troy, a preachers kid. They've been together for three years now and I think that they're still virgins. It's hilarious. Why the hell is she waiting? A little dick never hurt anyone right?

Ally glared at me. "Seriously? Out of all that I just said to you...which came straight from the heart...all you heard was the F bomb being dropped?"

I snickered. "Are you still a virgin Allyson?"

She stood and grabbed her bag and her keys. "Wow. None of your business Dinah...I have to go though call me if you need me okay?"

I nodded and went over to hug her. "Love you Als."

"I love you too DJ." She said before leaving.

Sighing I laid across the sofa and pulled out my phone. I didn't have anything to do and I'm so bored. Maybe I'll go visit my mom and my siblings for a few hours there's no need to sit here and mope.

I stood and grabbed my keys and whatever else I brought with me before shutting off my office light, locking up the building and heading towards my car.

My mom hates surprise visits, even from myself and my 19 year old sister Kamila but oh well she's getting a surprise visit today.

Before I pulled off my phone chimed indicating that I had a message. I picked up my cell and looked at who it was sent from.

Do Not Answer.

I sighed loudly and unlocked my phone to see what she wanted.

Do Not Answer: Dinah, I know that you probably hate me but we really need to talk...I'm so sorry for what I did to you but this situation is important...please call me soon. 😔

"Fuck you." I mumbled as I threw my phone in the back seat and sped off.

Whatever she has to say I don't want to fucking hear about it.

...

Here is the start of a new story. Please comment and let me know what you guys think. I would really appreciate it. 💯👌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 314 11
When Lauren Jauregui auditioned for The X Factor, she saw this really pretty girl. Lauren could only see her from a distance, but she could already t...
81.6K 2.2K 40
~ A Y/N/Camren Story ~ You've been in an almost perfect relationship for the past two years with a girl named Camila Cabello. You use the word almost...
32.5K 1.8K 57
For years, I've dreamt of what college life could bring and while some things changed, there was always one constant. It didn't matter how wild I a...
... By Iluv5H123

Fanfiction

615K 16K 36