Just Two Words

By MovingWater123

*1st Book is Just One Word* It was miserable. Truly, it was. I'm not lying, either. Think about it. A fourt... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
the end

Chapter 1

2.4K 65 74
By MovingWater123

***Percy's POV***

"I hate you," I growled.

There was no answer. Of course there wouldn't be. Probably because I was arguing with an inanimate object.

My mirror.

"You could say something, at least," I hissed.

Nothing.

There was a tap on my door before it opened. Nico walked in, looking at me, his eyebrows creased.

"Arguing with yourself again?" he asked, sighing.

"It won't leave," I replied, staring at myself.

"Of course it won't. Percy, it's you. You won't leave yourself."

"I'm not so sure about that," I muttered. Nico walked over, wrapping his arms around me. I smiled, turning to him. "But I know that I won't leave you."

"You'd better not," he warned. I flicked his nose, walking out of my room into the living room.

Bruce, Nat, Clint, Steve, Tony, Loki and Thor were all there. Uh oh...

I froze. Nico stopped in his tracks, then turned to look at me.

"What'd you do now?" he demanded.

"Nothing. That I know of."

"'Nothing'. Sure," Tony mocked. I tilted my head, confusion warping my mind.

"I didn't do anything."

"Percy, I looked through the footage..." Tony began. I cut him off by a harsh laugh.

"Oh, that. So you see one thing and you think another. Brilliant. Truly. So what do you believe I am? Suicidal? Self harming? Depressed? Alcoholic? Smoker? Drug addict? Tell me, seriously." My eyes lit up. I no longer wore the eye patch at home. Only Grant, Eliot, Nico and my family know that I can see fully.

They were all silent.

"Well, I can admit to three of those," I bluntly stated.

A knowing look flashed across Tony's face.

"What three?" Bruce demanded.

"Ask Tony," I offered, not giving a damn for throwing him under the bus.

"Oi! I only know about you smoking!" Tony shouted in defiance.

"I aimed to keep it that way for a while there."

"What were the other two?" Steve questioned.

"Are," I corrected automatically.

They all looked at me, concerned.

"Are, still present. Well, one starts with an 'S'. The other stars with a 'D'."

"You're suicidal?" Nico looked panicked.

"No...Self harming..." I corrected. "Why would I kill myself when I could just enjoy the pain?" I muttered, thinking to myself. I forgot that I spoke aloud.

"You aren't a drug addict, are you?" Nat but in.

"No. Depressed," I answered.

"Arms, now," Bruce said, grabbing me by the arms, then rolling up my sleeves. Imagine his reaction when he didn't find anything.

"Wha-" Clint sputtered.

"Legs," Bruce rolled up my pant legs, looking for scars and cuts. Nothing, again.

"I thought you said you were self harming," Nat asked, confused.

"You do realize there are other parts of the body other than arms and legs, right?" I was genuinely shocked she didn't think of that.

"Where are they, Percy?" Bruce asked.

"Not gonna tell."

"Percy, please just tell him," Nico pleaded. I looked over at him, my eyes glassing over.

That was unfair. We both knew how much he could get me to do if he wanted it. He was like that! Manipulative little freak.

Sighing, I took off my beanie, then pushed the hair out of the way so Bruce could see. There were scars behind my ear and up to my hairline.

"Are there more?"

"My left side," I answered. It was true. Scars lined my side, creating a picture of a sort. I wasn't about to raise my shirt, though. "Are we done with the interrogation?"

"How long have you been doing this?" Loki piped up.

"Guess not. Well, it started some time in the summer..."

"How old?"

"Five. It's become a habit..." I swallowed down the bad memories.

"Have you stopped?"

"I've been clean for three years. Sometimes, I just look at the knife though. It's weird. I hate it...but I love it at the same time. I don't want to love it though. But I do," I said miserably.

They sighed in relief. Nico hugged me tightly, wrapping his arms around me. I blinked, then hugged him back. Tony and Loki looked shocked. Loki raised an eyebrow in confusion. I shrugged slightly.

He pulled back, staring at me. "You could have just said it instead of being all dramatic."

"I'm friends with Eliot...And you expect me not to be dramatic?" I asked.

"Fine, that was stupid of me."

"It wasn't stupid, per say...It was more...forgetful of you."

"Forgetful and stupid are the same thing in my book," he grumbled.

"Then you must be reading in a different language, because it says here," I took out a book that I so cleverly had on me, "that you aren't stupid. You're just forgetful." I tossed him the book. It was actually a lyric book, but it was empty. He opened it and his eyes widened as the words slowly formed on the pages.

"Percy," he said slowly.

"Hmm?" I asked, humming.

"Why are there words appearing on the pages?"

"Because you need to realize that even the book thinks you're not an idiot!" I waved my hands dramatically. He smiled, shaking his head.

"You're such a dork," he muttered.

"Insulted! Jeez, now you've left me no choice but to write a song about you and diss you entirely." I crossed my arms, glaring at him playfully. "You're turning me into the male version of Taylor Swift!" I gasped in horror.

Nico buried his face in his hands, trying to smother the laughter.

"You monster!" I cried, grabbing a shoe and tossing it pathetically at him. He dodged easily, laughing his head off.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he apologized, while laughing.

"So sorry that you're laughing?" I managed to keep a straight face.

"Yeah!" Nico continued laughing until he was clutching his stomach. I watched as he fell to the floor, breathing sporadically.

"I have such an odd variety of friends," I commented. Suddenly, he stopped breathing sporadically and looked up at me, face expressionless.

"Like you aren't odd."

"Oh, I'm odd alright. I also laugh so hard that I'm clutching my stomach on the floor." I nodded along. "I just don't do it in front of people."

"What?" he asked, sitting up.

"Good thing I caught that all on video," I said, taking out my hidden camera I had installed in the light. Nico lunged at me, trying to get the camera that was in my hand. I was taller, so I just stood on my tip toes. He jumped, latching onto my back and grabbing for the camera.

It fell out of my hand in the process. I went to pick it up quickly, but a boot crushed it before my face. Nico's boot. He shrugged, flipping a piece of hair in his face out of the way.

"You ruined a perfectly good camera," I whined.

"What?"

"It only turns on at night! It was to find out who was stealing my cookies! Which I found out so far has been Clint, Thor, Steve, and Tony," I hissed out. Nico blushed red.

"Uh...Sorry-"

"I was joking. It was a good thing you had jumped on it, otherwise I would have showed it to the guys," I admitted.

"You're so confusing," he complained.

"Thanks. I try."

He scoffed. "You're so full of yourself."

"And you aren't!"

He said nothing, only smirked. "Turn around." I did.

ONLY TO BE TACKLED BY GRANT AND ELIOT.

"What the-" I realized my family was in the room, "-heck was that for?"

"For not giving us tattoos too!" Eliot rolled his eyes.

There goes my life. I merely stared at him. "Leave if you want to stay alive. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 0." Eliot and Grant remained there.

Before anything could happen, I lunged at Eliot, tackling him to the floor. I had my knee on his stomach, a toy gun held to his head, but he didn't need to know it was a toy.

Plus, I painted it so it would look real.

I made it click.

Eliot winced, expecting an impact.

I pulled the trigger.

Red squirt all over him.

He screamed.

I laughed, sitting up and pulling away.

A grin worthy of the Joker spread across my face.

"Am I dead?" he sobbed.

"No. The bullet ricocheted of your head and got me in the heart. I'm dead. Tell my family I loved them." And with that, I dramatically fell to the ground, red pooling from my shirt where my heart is. I closed my eyes. "AND SCENE!" I shouted, springing to my feet.

"What the heck was that?" Eliot demanded.

"A scene for the movie I'm making."

"What's it about?" Nico asked.

"My life. Before I was brutally slaughtered by my parents..." I winced. "Something you can keep to remember me by."

"Percy-" Clint began.

"Don't kill me! Kill the scrawny one first, if you have to!" I shouted, jumping behind Nico. "Jk. You try killing him, father or not, I will slay you," I said, completely serious.

"Tattoo?"

"Back," Nico answered for me.

"How do you know about it?" Nat asked.

"Because they're madly in love and take showers together!" Eliot exclaimed. "What else?" he asked, calmly.

I blinked, starting to fear for his life and his sanity. Nico's hand twitched, as if he was annoyed.

"How would you know if we did? Stalker," I growled, unable to keep it in my brain.

"You're implying that you have!" Eliot screamed, hugging Grant, who looked disgusted by Eliot.

"No...It's just your mind that thinks that. And how would you know about taking showers together? We're fourteen! Unless you've had any experience in that category..." my thought trailed off, but my eyes flickered in between Grant and Eliot suggestively.

"Ah, hell no!" Grant hissed, glaring at Eliot and I.

"Why? Don't wanna get with this?" Eliot wiggled his eyebrows.

I bent down, picking up the toy gun and pressing it against my temple. I pulled the trigger, making Nico jump and red stuff slide down my temple.

"What is that?" Grant asked.

"Capsule of fake blood." They all looked at me, freaked out. I sighed. "I get bored easily."

"And where did you get fake blood?" Tony asked. I felt the grin of the Joker spread across my face. "Never mind."

"Why don't we go do something?" I suggested.

"Like what?" Eliot asked, ever oblivious. The grin fell.

"Band. What else?" I asked, not amused.

"Clubbing!" Eliot shouted, running around in a circle.

"Are you sure you aren't Tony's kid?" I asked, staring at him.

"No..." He looked over at Tony. "Wanna adopt me?"

"Sure!" Tony cried, playing along.

"Naw. You're too old to be my dad. Never mind," Eliot decided. I rested my head in my hands.

"Anyways," I said, getting his attention, "I have a few songs to try out."

"What genre?" Grant asked.

"Since when do we do genres?" I retorted.

"Savage. As usual," he sighed.

"By the way..." I began, unsure of how to approach the topic.

"What is it?" Eliot asked.

"I need someone to do another part of one of the songs."

"Can't Ethan do that?" they asked in unison.

"Eliot, sing this line," I said, handing him a piece of paper.

"Any preferences?"

"Just sing it."

He looked up at me after scanning the lyrics. "Percy...These lyrics..."

"Grant sing them." He took them, scanning them quickly. "Think you can do it?"

"Er...They're kinda dark," he muttered, biting his lip.

"They are not!" I cried in defiance, ripping the paper from his hands. I scanned them, rolling my eyes. I froze, looking up. I slipped my hand into my other pocket, taking out a different paper, then handing it to him. "I meant this one," I said, keeping my eyes on the other paper. I had clearly paled. 

"Then what was that?" Eliot said, catching onto it.

"Nothing." I shook my head, shoving the paper in my pocket, my face expressionless. They were not supposed to read that.

"Percy...that was not nothing," Grant ganged up on me.

"Fine you caught me. It was my will," I sarcastically said.

"Seriously, Percy."

"Just some random words."

"That form a sentence that says something along the lines of 'I think I'll slit my wrist again, and I'm gone, gone, gone?"

I said nothing.

"Give me the paper."

I handed it to him, staring at an odd spot on the carpet.

"My legs are dangling of the edge. The bottom of the bottle is my only friend. I think I'll slit my wrist again and I'm gone, gone, gone. My legs are dangling off the edge. A stomach full of pills didn't work again. I'll put a bullet in my head and I'm gone, gone, gone. Gone too far, yeah, I'm gone again. It's gone on too long, tell you how it ends. I'm sitting on the edge with my two best friends- one's a bottle of pills and one's a bottle of gin. I'm twenty stories up, yeah, up at the top. I polish off this bottle, now it's pushing me off. Asphalt to me has never looked so soft. I bet my momma found my letter, now she's calling the cops. I gotta take this opportunity before I miss it. Cuz now I hear the sirens, and they're off in the distance. Believe me when I tell you that I've been persistent. Cuz I'm more scarred, more scarred than my wrist is. I've been trying too long with too dull of a knife. But tonight I made sure that I sharpened it twice. I never bought a suit before in my life, but when you go to meet God, you know you wanna look nice. So if I survive, I'll see you tomorrow, yeah I'll see you tomorrow. My legs are dangling of the edge. The bottom of the bottle is my only friend. I think I'll slit my wrist again and I'm gone, gone, gone. My legs are dangling of the edge. A stomach full of pills didn't work again. I'll put a bullet in my head and I'm gone, gone, gone. We hit the sky, there goes the light. No more sun, why's it always night? When you can't sleep, well you can't dream. When you can't dream, well, what's life mean? We feel a little pity but don't empathize. The old are getting older, watch a young man die. A mother and a son and someone you know smile at each other and realize you don't. You don't know what happened to that kid you raised, what happened to the father, who swore he'd stay. I didn't know, cuz you didn't say. Now momma feels guilt, yeah, momma feels pain. When you were young and never thought you'd die, found that you could, but too scared to try. Looked in the mirror and you said goodbye. Climbed to the roof to see if you could fly. So if I survive, I'll see you tomorrow, yeah I'll see you tomorrow. My legs are dangling of the edge. The bottom of the bottle is my only friend. I think I'll slit my wrist again and I'm gone, gone, gone. My legs are dangling of the edge. A stomach full of pills didn't work again. I'll put a bullet in my head and I'm gone, gone, gone. I wish that I could fly, way up in the sky. Like a bird so high. Oh, I might just try. I wish that I could fly way up in the sky. Like a bird so high. Oh, I might just try. Oh, I might just try..."

I rubbed my chin, unable to form words. My throat closed, so it was hard to breathe, and I felt like I was on the verge of tears.

"What the hell was that?" Bruce demanded.

I didn't say anything, just took the paper from Grant, tucking it in my pocket.

"Percy! What was that?" Eliot asked, looking at me concerned.

"Something I wrote when I was younger," I confessed.

"And why did you have it with you?"

"I've always kept it on me," I said, ignoring the question.

"Why?"

"Because it keeps me in track. Of what to stay away from. Because I don't want to go back to being suicidal. Because I don't want that." I shook my head, restraining the dark thoughts from entering my mind. "Suicide does not end the chances of life getting worse, suicide eliminates the possibility of it ever getting better," I mumbled to myself. (Andy Black quote)

"So, what's the other song?" Grant said, noticing the darkness in my mood. Of course, he'd ask me later.

"You have it," I reminded him.

"Right. So, why do you need us to sing this?"

"I need someone to fill in for Ethan. Not sure he can do it," I admitted. It had a different tone...than Ethan's.

"Alright. Eli, you go first?" Grant asked. Eliot took the paper, reading it.

"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun! All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet!" he sang. I thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"Grant."

"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun! All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet!" Grant sang.

I rubbed my chin, sitting on the couch, deep in thought.

Grant and Eliot were both good. Better than I had expected, to be honest.

"Verdict?" Nico asked.

"Eliot," I began. He looked at me. "Think you could manage a guitar and lyrics at the same time?"

"You do."

"Percy's not you, buddy," Grant pointed out, ruffling Eliot's hair.

"Rude." Eliot stared at me. "Worth a shot, right?"

"Of course. I have to hand it to you, though. You both did better than expected," I stated, standing up.

"Gee thanks, I can really feel the love," Eliot sighed.

"You keep singing like that it won't be love you'll be singing about."

"What?" he cried, taking a step back.

"Maybe...Gives You Hell...That'd be good one for you," I noted, eyeing him. "But you're too soft. No hate."

"And you have to get into the song's emotions?" Grant rolled his eyes.

"Yep."

"Then how can you write and sing so many songs?" Eliot questioned.

"I...uh...am slightly bipolar..." I muttered. (No offense to those who are!)

"So you say," Eliot noted.

"Well, I've never been diagnosed, but I've definitely had weird mood swings."

"So it's based off your theory?"

"Basically." I nodded. "So...Band?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll get Luke and Ethan," Eliot said, walking out of the room.

"Sorry about him earlier. He's been acting weird lately," Grant muttered, looking at the hall.

"He on anything?" I asked.

"No."

"Drinking?"

"Nope."

"Smoking or high?"

"No."

"Maybe...Nah," I murmured.

"What?" Grant asked.

"Let me talk to him." I walked out of the room to find Eliot slumped on the ground in the hall near my room. I helped him up, walking in my room, closing the and locking the door behind him.

"What do you want, Percy?" he asked, annoyed, as he sat on my chair. I sat across from him.

"What's wrong?"

He wouldn't meet my eyes. I stood up, then grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at me.

"What's wrong?" I repeated.

"Nothing," he lied.

I could see it in his eyes. He was depressed, or severely upset.

"You're depressed," I noted. He stared up at me, shock all over his face.

"H-how...How do you know?"

"I'm dealing with depression too. I have been for a long time now. What caused it, Eli? You can talk to me, you know that right?"

"Yeah." He stared at the ground. He twiddled his thumbs, looking for a way out of this conversation. I waited for him patiently. "Promise you won't tell anyone?" he finally asked me, looking up.

"I promise."

"I...I'm bi..And Brett and I were dating."

"I see," I said quietly, then hugged him.

"You're not mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you? You're my best friend."

"But you're not mad that I didn't tell you?"

"You came out when you felt like it. It can't be rushed."

He sighed, then hugged me. "Thanks for understanding."

"Eli."

"Hmm?"

"What happened between you two?"

"We broke up." I looked at him, expecting more of an answer. Sighing, he added, "He told his parents, they freaked out and threatened to kick him out. He took it all back and said he was joking. He broke up with me through a text, Perce."

"Hey. It gets better, trust me."

"Okay."

"Want to get some soda, chips and doughnuts? We can stay at band studio tonight, if it makes you feel any better."

"Okay. Thanks again."

"It's what friends are for."

He gave me a half hearted smile, following me to the door, then into the hall. I walked to the kitchen, digging through the cupboards for chips. I tossed them in the air, knowing that Eliot would catch them. He did. I closed the cupboard, then looked through the fridge. I took out a twelve pack of soda. Closing the fridge, I set it on the counter. I climbed on the chair, unlocking the cupboard above the fridge.

Tony would be mad at me.

I took out the doughnuts, locking the safe after me. Climbing down, I grabbed the twelve pack and doughnuts. We walked into the living room.

"What're you waiting for?" I asked Grant and Nico. Nico was part of the group. He was our supervisor in the band.

"You guys," Nico replied.

Grant stared at the food and drinks in our hands. "Doughnuts, soda, chips...What's wrong?" he demanded, staring at us.

"I hit puberty. I need something to save me," I retorted sarcastically, lying for Eliot. Eliot shot me a thankful glance. I nodded, though it was barely noticeable.

"Thanks for sharing," Nat scoffed. "You didn't need to announce it to the world."

"I kind of did though. It means I'm going to be growing and-" I began.

"We don't need to hear that stuff!" Nico interrupted.

"What? It's not like we all haven't gone through it, or are in the process," I pointed out. Blinking, I realized that maybe Nico...

Nico shut his eyes, shaking his head.

"Sorry," I said, a sheepish look on my face.

"I have nothing to say. Nothing," he muttered, his face red.

"Like how tasty these doughnuts are going to be?" I asked, looking at the doughnuts and practically drooling.

"HEY! Those are mine!" Tony screeched, realizing.

"Not anymore, old man. They're ours. You want them, you're going to have to pry them from my cold, dead, hands. And even if you succeeded somehow, I would haunt you until you're about to die, which then, I would reap your soul. The end of tony Stark as we know it. It all started with a package of doughnuts." I walked a little closer to him. I held out the doughnuts. "Take them. I. Dare. You." He didn't do anything other than stare at me. Couldn't blame him.

"I'm good."

"Now, you're going to do exactly what I say." I stared at him. "Go to the kitchen and open the safe that has my stuff in it."

His eyes widened. "Per-"

"Now."

"Wh-"

"NOW!" I ordered.

Sighing, he walked into the kitchen, opening my cupboard. I saw the familiar key that said, 'Help' on it. It was my key, but I made sure he had it so it was out of my grasps. I walked into the kitchen, setting the doughnuts and soda on the table. 

I reached into the safe, taking out a lyric book, a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, a knife, and a picture. I set them on the table, gesturing for Eliot to join me.

I stared at them, not doing anything.

Eliot stared at them, his eyes flickering with so many emotions.

"What was that for?" he asked quietly.

"That?" I asked, pointing at the lyric book.

"Yeah."

"A book of all the songs I had written about self harm, depression, hate, suicide...Those type of things."

"And the lighter?"

"I'd occasionally burn myself. Other times it was to light the cigarettes," I admitted.

"What were the cigarettes for?"

"To help take things off my mind. To help me escape from the outside, real world. To help me escape from reality. I learned after a while, it doesn't help. It only makes it worse. Worse than it was before. Because each time you take a drag, you're killing yourself."

Eliot was silent.

"Knife?"

"I think we all know what that was for," I said, sighing.

"Percy, what's on that picture?"

"I lied to you guys," I said, looking at Eliot and Grant.

"What do you mean?" Grant asked, walking over.

"You know how we talked about Reece and..."

"Gabe?"

"Yeah."

"What about it?"

I closed my eyes. Here goes. "Reece wasn't the one that killed Gabe," I confessed quietly.

"Then why'd you tell us that Reece did?" Eliot asked, catching onto what I was saying.

"I tried to believe it myself. I never could, still can't. I...If you look at the picture, you'll understand." I leaned on the counter, facing the opposite direction.

"You drew this?"

"Yeah. Seven years old."

"You should have told us," Grant said, his eyes tearing up.

"I know I should have. I...never mind. I have no excuse for not telling you," I muttered.

"Other than being afraid," Eliot pointed out. I nodded a little. "I forgive you, Perce," Eliot smiled at me.

"You're not afraid of me?" I whispered.

"You aren't afraid of me," he retorted.

I smiled, letting him hug me. Grant was still processing it all.

"Grant?" Eliot asked.

"I'm sorry, this is just a lot to process."

I nodded.

"Can you give me some time to think? Please?" Grant questioned, but it sounded like a plea.

"Yeah," I answered, fighting back my own tears. This had clearly been harder on him than I expected it to be.

"Thanks." Sighing, he walked out of the room.

I ran a hand through my hair, cursing myself in my head.

"Perce, it isn't your fault," Eli comforted me.

"If I was just honest with you guys in the first place-"

"Then we possibly wouldn't be friends. I wouldn't have understood it. Grant wouldn't have, either. We wouldn't have spent all the time we have together."

"I lied to you though," I reminded him, miserably.

"Yeah, and I lied to Grant."

"Your situation is different!"

"Is it really? Is it?"

"Yes. It is. Murder is different from crushes, Eliot," I whispered.

"He's homophobic."

"What?" I asked, shouting.

"Yeah. He asked me one time. I lied."

"Suddenly I'm glad we aren't friends at the moment," I grunted. Grant had no reason to judge Eliot. "Is he really?" I asked, part of me not believing it.

"No. He's not homophobic. But, what if he was?"

"Then we wouldn't be friends," I pointed out.

"Percy, it doesn't work that way."

"Really? Because he just walked out on us because I'm suddenly a murderer, along with everyone in this damned room, other than you and Nico. Kill me now," I growled into the air.

"No. And have you considered that this was a lot to grasp?" he asked.

"Hell, I thought about it for years. The guilt...it was eating me. I thought more and more. Each time, it'd make me more unsure about telling you guys. Congratulations! You didn't have to learn from my parents or hear it slip when I get drunk when I'm older."

"You would've kept lying for all those years?"

"If necessary."

"You realize that would have only hurt more, right?"

"Yeah. I was willing to risk pretty much everything for a while." I froze, deep in thought. "This is depressing," I muttered.

"Why don't we go eat doughnuts, chips and drink soda?" Nico asked us.

"Deal," Eliot and I said in unison. We walked away into the hall. I stopped, running into the kitchen, grabbing the stuff and opening the still open safe, shoving it all in there without another word. I locked it. I threw the key to Tony, who put it in his pocket, then ran over to Nico and Eliot. We walked out of the building to the band studio.

Luke and Ethan were there. I plastered a fake smile on my face. We all sat on the floor, sprawling out. I had my head on Nico's leg, staring at the ceiling. Nico's fingers were intertwined with mine. Eliot was laying on his stomach, his head in his arms. Luke and Ethan were on opposite sides of the room, sleeping.

"What do you want to do?" Eliot asked after a while.

"Want to play would you rather?"

"Sure," he answered.

"Can I play?" Nico asked.

"Of course," Eliot answered.

"Eliot. Would you rather change your name to Dick, or change your name to Judeikas?" Nico asked.

"Dick. Nico, would you rather eat a squirrel, or eat a rabbit?"

"Rabbits aren't cute. I'd rather eat a rabbit. They have more meat. Percy, would you rather swim in blood or swim in dead fish?"

"Blood. Eliot, would you rather kiss a frog or kiss Grant?"

"Grant. Nico, would you rather kiss Percy or kiss a...chimp's butt?"

"Percy. Percy, would you rather eat pickles covered in mustard, or eat a piece of moldy bread?"

"Pickles. Eli, would you rather kiss Luke or Grant?"

"Hmm...Grant. Nico, would you rather become a stripper or a clown?"

"Could I kill myself if I became a clown?" Eliot nodded. "Clown. Percy, would you rather become a fairy, or would you rather date someone?"

"Ugh. Date. Eliot, would you rather become a girl, or marry Luke?"

"Luke. Nico, would you rather jump off a cliff, or eat cacti?"

"Cliff. Percy, would you rather date me or Eliot?"

I blinked, unsure of how to respond. "Pass?"

"No passing," they said in unison. Nico looked curious and Eliot looked amused by my discomfort.

"Nico...Eliot, would you rather become a super model, or a rich man that lives in a mansion?"'

"Super model. Nico, would you rather drink beer, or drink ranch dressing?"

"Beer. Percy, would you rather drink whiskey or tequila?"

"Ugh. Definitely whiskey." I added under my breath, "So much better." Nico tapped my shoulder. "Oh. Eli, would you rather have morning breath, or morning sickness for your whole life?"

"Breath. Nico, would you rather drink peach lemonade or olive juice?"

"Lemonade. Percy, would you rather stay single for the rest of your life or be in love with someone that you could never have?"

"Single. Eli, would you rather marry Grant's sister or me?"

"Grant's sister. Nico, would you rather date a dog or a chipmunk?"

"Dog. Percy, would you rather date a horse or a cow?"

"Horse. I'm getting kinda tired. How bout you guys?" I asked.

"Yeah...It's getting kinda late," Eliot agreed, yawning. I stifled a yawn. Nico was quiet. "Night guys."

"Night Eliot," Nico and I said in unison.

After a while, Eliot was asleep along with Luke and Ethan. I sat up, my arms on either side of me. "I'm sorry about Grant, Percy," Nico whispered, sitting up beside me.

"It's fine," I brushed it off. He leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Why do I not believe you?"

"Because I lied?" I offered.

"You can tell me the truth. You know that right?"

"Of course."

"Then tell me something completely honest. Something you've never told anyone."

"I'm scared of heights. Like passing out afraid," I muttered.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

He pulled away, looking at me. "Night, Perce." 

"Night, Neeks."

He laid back down on his back. I laid down next to him, my head on my arm. Nico was fast asleep. I closed my eyes, fighting off sleep, but failing. 

Songs of the chapter: 

Bullet by Hollywood Undead

Vote.

Comment.

AND ENJOY!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.7K 32
Percy Jackson. Two times Savior of Olympus. A son of Poseidon. Boyfriend to Annabeth Chase. Yes, that's the guy everyone knows, but what they don't k...
385K 14.4K 83
[COMPLETE] For Percy Jackson, some choices are simple. He can continue being the Olympians' guinea pig or leave forever; he can stay in New York and...
288K 10.4K 15
After that I only wore black. Black like the charred remains of everything I had once loved, black like the smoke billowing into the sky as my tears...
8.3K 248 24
After the war with Gaea, Percy has lost so much. The poor kid just needs a break. Unfortunately, he can never seem to get one. And life doesn't seem...