The Blood Of A God || Loki La...

By Breathe_Me

Loki Laufeyson has finally been pardoned. After he saved his brother's life and was brought back from the bri... More

Description
I - Her
II - Ace & Newt
III - The Head Guard
IV - Hiding Something
V - Drunk
VI - Storm
VII - Blame
VIII - Terrified
IX - I Can't Change
X - Recovery
XI - L'appel du Vide
XII - Favor
XIII - None Of Us Are Innocent
XIV - Attack
XV - Honesty
XVI - The Art Of War
XVII - Vulnerability
XVIII - Save You
XIX - Civil War
XX - We Are Never The Same
XXI - Repaired
XXII - Anchor
XXIII - Arranged
XXIV - The Good
XXV - Ying & Yang
XXVI - Fireworks
XXVII - Dangerous
XXVIII - Waltz
XXIX - Take It
XXX - Erico
XXXI - Draugr
XXXII - Kane
XXXIII - Regal
XXXIV - Eight
XXXVI - Strong
XXXVII - Own Good
XXXVIII - Run
XXXIX - Silence
XL - Unconventional
XLI - Venomous
XLII - Conduit
XLIII - Corruption
XLIV - You Can't Kill Me
XLV - Price
XLVI - Pentagram
XLVII - Alive
XLVIII - Sirens
XLIX - Crescent
L - Terrible Things & Wonderful People
LI - Volatile
LII - Everything You Love
LIII - Carry You With Me
LIV - Numb
LV - Warriors
LVI - Sets You Right
LVII - Fealty
LVIII - Still Beating
LIX - I Adore You
Epilogue
Author's Note & Alternate/Bonus Ending

XXXV - Jet

30.5K 1.4K 466
By Breathe_Me

This was fun to write :3

I'm going to see Suicide Squad on August 6th I'M SO EXCITEDDDDD

k bye

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Five

"Who are you?"

Fury heard the unfamiliar voice speak from the other side of the room, and had to tear his eyes away from the long claw marks along the wooden door frame to face the unknown person.

"I need to speak with Jordan Goss. Is he here?" Fury asked.

"Yes," the man muttered, crossing his arms over his chest. A sudden expression of recognition came over him, and Fury could only assume that this man really did know who he was. "But he's sleeping, something which he doesn't seem to do a lot of these days. Therefore, I won't be allowing you to see him today."

Fury would like to say he wasn't taken aback by the hostile nature of this man, but he was.

"It was her, wasn't it?" he asked after a moment of silence.

He saw the man's annoyed expression fade a little, while a nervous one soon took it's place.

"She killed the werewolves," Fury said.

He nodded. "And if you don't mind, I need to decide whether or not I'm going after her to, so if you would please leave us in peac-"

"Why?" Fury asked, clasping his hands behind his back like he often did. "Why exactly do you want to find her?"

The man narrowed his eyes at Fury. But he admitted why. "She will lose herself again if I don't."

"Lose herself?" Fury cocked an eyebrow. "What the hell does that mean?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"You know who I am, right?" Fury asked, and the man nodded. "Then you know that if SHIELD wants to find someone, it's either because they should be recruited or because they should be dead. And we aren't planning on killing a creature like her any time soon."

"Not that you ever could," the man smirked a little, the hostility seeming to fade away.

"Touche. Now, how is she going to 'lose herself'?"

The man sighed a little. "Well, it's... It's simple, but at the same time, complicated. For supernatural creatures, it's just the way it is, but for you, it will be difficult to understand."

"Try me."

The man moved further into the apartment, sitting down on the living room couch. Fury followed after him and sat in the chair across from him.

"Vampires are not like other creatures. They are not born that way, they are... Created. Made, sometimes against their will. Seline was one of those. She wasn't meant to be a vampire. Some vampires, they love killing. They don't mind the bloodshed because it is simply in their nature to enjoy it. But Seline hates it. The only reason that she ever does kill is if someone harms a person that she loves dearly, then she will annihilate anyone that gets in her way. But I know her, she feels guilty no matter who she kills."

"You're afraid that she'll start to become depressed?"

"Not exactly. You see, Vampires have these... Intense emotions. Everything that we feel, it is so much worse for her. The greatest amount of emotional pain you have ever felt, Mr. Fury, she has felt it ten fold. Most of them can handle it, and Seline, being the age that she is, is fairly good at it too. However, everyone has their weak spot, and people that Seline cares about are her weakness. Because of this, she kills anyone who threatens them. But she is not made for killing, she is not made for death. So vampires have the ability to become numb. Think of it as a way of... Turning everything off. With vampires, if you can't handle the emotions, your mind has a switch that automatically makes you numb. They stop feeling anything. All of the pain and suffering goes away. She loses the one thing that makes her like us. She loses her humanity."

"Are you afraid that she will act out violently?" Fury asked.

The man shook his head. "No. She hasn't in the past, at least. But there have been times where we have lost contact with her for years, while she travels as if she has lost a piece of her heart and is trying to scour the globe to find it."

"So you think that she'll leave and never come back?"

He nodded. "Yes. And if she does that, then Jordan will be even more heartbroken than he already is."

"It was Jordan's wife that was killed, right?" Fury asked him.

"Yes, it was."

Fury stayed quiet for a little while, then leaned forwards with his elbows on his knees. "What do you know about Loki Laufeyson?"

"Possibly more than you," he said, smirking a little. "My father was a history professor, he studied Norse mythology. He had books, records, of when the Asgardians visited Earth a little over seven hundred years ago."

"Good. Because Loki is now trying to find her too."

"Why?"

"Because she was in Asgard, up until four days ago."

The man's jaw dropped. "She was in another realm? Are you serious?"

Fury nodded. "Are you willing to help us?"

"Yes, of course. I can see if I can convince Jordan too. But I suppose you should know my name, if you're going to be requiring my help."

He nodded once again.

"I'm Jacob Laitfis."

Also known as the almost completely anonymous owner of the company that SHIELD get's the majority of their technology from. But he wasn't going to tell Fury that. Not just yet.

*

The Quinjet was going about as quickly as it possibly could, which, frankly, wasn't quite fast enough for Loki. He wished that his power was as strong in this realm as it was in Asgard, but it seemed that going to different parts of the universe meant that there was a slight barrier between him and his full strength. This caused him to become anxious and worried about Seline, worried that he would not get there in time.

He was pacing back and forth while Rogers and Stark were trying to decide on a tactic to use when they found Seline, but when Tony suggested something a little more violent than Loki would prefer, he snapped.

"How about we just kill her and be done with it?! She's a murderer, the least we can do is-"

Before Tony could finish, Loki had his hand around his neck and had shoved him against the wall, a fiery look in his eyes.

"If you lay a finger on her, Stark, I will not hesitate to rip you to pieces in front of all your innocent fellow citizens in this place you call New Orleans," he growled out.

"Loki!" Thor shouted angrily, grabbing his wrist and yanking it back, forcing him to let go of Tony.

"If he wants her dead so badly, he will have to go through me first," Loki insisted, glaring back at Tony, who was bent over and coughing while rubbing his throat.

"And I as well," Thor assured him. "Seline will not die by the hands of an Avenger, you have my word."

"That is a rather big promise for you to make," Loki hissed.

"We won't hurt her," he heard Clint say from his seat at the front of the jet. He was the pilot.

Loki decided it wasn't worth his time to argue.

"Let's just hope to god that she doesn't run into any of the local vampires," Jacob said from one of the seats, rubbing his right hand against his temple.

"Why?" Tony wheezed. "Would she kill them too?"

"Not if they're near her age," he replied. "She has remarkable control in comparison to some of the younger ones. But if they attack her, she won't just take it. She'll hit back full force, as I'm sure you can assume, considering what's been in the news lately," he said, referring to the werewolves.

They were all silent for a moment, the machine hum of the jet the only sound filling the air.

"The truth of the matter is that if two of these things get together and fight, they could bring an entire country to the ground."

"You're telling us we should be afraid of her?" Steve asked, that having been the first thing he said while they were in the air.

"No," Jacob shook his head, a grim expression coming over his face.

Tony furrowed his brow in confusion, and the rest of the Avengers mimicked his expression. All except for Loki. He was the only one that seemed to truly understand.

"I'm telling you that you should be afraid of everyone else."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 24.4K 42
' She breathed in deeply, picking up on a faint and fresh scent of mint on him. "Even if it's only me, is that enough for you?" Loki purred with a kn...
50 0 19
POST, or really Mid- TVA Loki Adventure: __Somehow, at the edges of the universe, there was a small planet that was beyond the reach of the sacred t...
71.2K 1.9K 35
Kari is a simple girl, born of Asgard and Midgard. Her mother supposedly died in childbirth, so she spent her life on Asgard. But when her father com...
342K 10.5K 46
"I'm sorry" you said to him, not taking your eyes away from the screen. "I beg your pardon?" Now it was his turn to be confused. He turned to look at...