The New Family Member (Bat fa...

נכתב על ידי DC_Writer_E

Emily is just a normal girl who moved to Gotham City two days ago. She meets Nightwing and Robin and then dis... עוד

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Tag
Authors Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Another Tag
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
A REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE
Extra chapter
Chapter 55
UPDATE
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
I WILL UPDATE
THE NEW FINCH SUIT + UPDATE
Emily's Birthday Party

Chapter 50

1.7K 62 10
נכתב על ידי DC_Writer_E

{Tim POV}

"You might need to take a seat." I said and she sat on one of the chairs.

"Why is Bruce crying in the garden?" She asked and I sighed.

"Emily was killed on patrol Cas." I said and her eyes widened.

"What?" She asked and Sarah stood up.

"She was killed by a Talon." She said and Cassandra looked sad at the ground.

"Oh I'm sorry." She said and the others came back, Damian quickly scanned the blood in the tube he had and it was confirmed that it was Emily's blood. He dropped the bottle and dropped his head, he started crying silently and now we were sure.

"We need to go." Jason said and Dick nodded, they left the place and I went to my room. It was quiet in the manor, knowing Emily wouldn't return was heartbreaking for everyone one of us. I tried to sleep but woke up again but this time by a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said and saw that Damian was the one who knocked, he had tear stains all over his face and looked vulnerable for the first time. I know what he wanted to say so I lifted my blanket up and waited for him to slowly join me, he might hate me most times but I'm still his brother.

{Emily POV}

A light woke me up and I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the brightness of it, I sat straight and found myself in a Japanese looking room, the floor was made out of wood and it had Japanese sliding doors. I looked at what I was wearing and it looked like a light pink crop top with the same colour maxi skirt underneath it, I jumped and jumped then even more when I saw two assassin's standing at the door.

"One of you better tell me where and what's going on with me and I might consider sparing your lives." I said half of it lying, I would never kill them but they would give me answers then. I stood up and balled my fist slowly walking towards them, they didn't do anything though.

"You better start talking imbecile." I tried to threaten them when I grabbed one of their collars, why aren't they doing anything?!

"Stop this!" A familiar voice said and my eyes widened, I crossed my arms and turned to her.

"Mother." I said angry and she gave me an impressed look.

"You look better, even more in my old clothing." She said and I looked at the clothes again, they were too much revealing.

"Can I get some normal clothes instead?!" I said and quickly used the blanket to cover me.

"No, now come your grandfather is waiting for you." She said and I shook my head.

"Get me the clothes and then we'll talk." I said and she rolled her eyes, yes I can be stubborn sometimes but it's for a good cause. I could hear her mumbling some curse words to me under her breath and chuckled a little. She came back with a full ninja garment and tossed it to me, she left the room and just as I was about to take my top off I looked at the ninja's staring at me.

"Would you mind?!" I said angry and they looked at each other before turning around, I quickly changed and left my face uncovered. I walked out of the room and then it hit me again, I WAS CAPTURED!

"That bi-." I said angry while clenching my fists but was cut off my mother yelling my name, I rolled my eyes and followed her. We arrived at a creepy cave and I know I enter one everyday but that doesn't mean it's not still creepy, I saw a green pit at the end of the cave and knew what it was.

"The Lazarus pit." I said to myself not knowing mother heard it.

"Don't even think about out." She said which made me a bit mad.

"Dear grand daughter." I heard grandfather say and turned his chair so he could face me, I crossed my arms and gave him a glare.

"Now were sweet talking? Don't even bother." I said and he stood up to put a hand on my shoulder and I let him weirdly enough.

"You have grown stronger, better. I'm glad you've returned." He said and I sighed.

"It wasn't like I had a choice, it was either me or them." I said and looked at the ground.

"I know that you had to sacrifice yourself but that only proved that you will give up everything to do the good. That makes you perfect for being the leader of my league." He said and I looked at him.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Two days." He said and I nodded.

"Why won't you keep your league, you have the Lazarus pit." I added.

"The Lazarus doesn't have the same effect on me anymore, I need to get revived a lot often and it tires me most of the time." He said and I nodded. He started mumbling something but I wasn't listening, all I had on my mind was how broken the others would be like I am. We were so happy and mostly me, I wish I could see them one more time.

"Emily!" Grandfather shouts and I was cut off from my thoughts.

"I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention." I said and he sighed.

"What's on your mind?" He said and I knew I couldn't tell him, I tried to think of an excuse and my eyes caught the Lazarus pit.

"I was thinking about what the Lazarus pit was capable of again." I said and he looked at the pit with me.

"It has the capability to heal the hurt but not heal a healthy one, it could be fatal even." He said and I nodded.

"Since your so interested in the pit I think we should give you a little, for research." Mother said and I nodded, this might come in handy.

"I don't think so." He said and I gave him a pleading look.

"I promise I won't use it on myself." I said and he nodded, an assassin appeared and handed me a little bottle. I hid it in my suit and left the cave, I walked up a balcony and saw the league training, they were very precise and not even one messed up. Some assassins noticed me and gave me a quick glance before continuing with the training, my eyes caught the village that was poking from behind the walls. I checked if the coast was clear and snook out of the temple to go to the village, it was a small one with a lot of monks.

"You better start talking old man." I heard a big guys say and turned around to see him holding a blind man against a wall.

"I'm trying to tell you that I don't know anything about that." The old monk said and he slammed him to the wall again, I looked at my suit and noticed that he would immediately recognise me as a warrior. I start ripping it a little and make it as unnoticeable as possible, I noticed the old man dropping all of his stuff and the people walking along didn't even bother to help him.

"Why don't you go pick on someone your own size?" I said angry and a few people stopped to look at me.

"Get lost little girl and I won't hurt you." The big man said and I chuckled a little.

"Did you really think I would even let you hurt me?" I said and he gave me a glare before dropping the monk. He stood tall in front of me and grabbed me by the collar.

"Now I'm going to say this one more time, get lo-" He said about was caught off my by fist slamming in his face.

"Save your breath." I said as he let go and rubbed his face in pain.

"I'm going to kill you!" He said and went to punch me, I dodged it and held one of his arms behind his back. I kicked him and he fell face first on the ground, he quickly stood up and I rolled my eyes.

"They never stay down." I mumbled and quick fought him a little until he was about to pass out.

"Who are you?" He said with a scared bloody face and I wasn't quite sure what to say, I couldn't go and say that I was a Wayne.

"That is none of your concerns, if I ever see this happen again I will make sure you won't wake up." I said and kicked him making him pass out, everyone was looking at me and I quickly grabbed everything that the old monk dropped, I helped him up and left that place.

"Thank you so much." He said and I gave him a laugh which he couldn't see sadly enough.

"It was no problem, what was the man talking about." I said and noticed that we found a good spot in the mountains to sit.

"He asked of the old drawing of one of my old students, they are so precise that they're worth a lot but I don't have them anymore." He said as he sat down.

"What was his name?" I asked an he sighed.

"Damian." He said and my eyes widened.

"As in Al Ghul?" I said and he nodded.

"You know him?" He said.

"I do, he's my little brother." I said and his eyes widened.

"I can say you're no threat to me since you saved me." He said a bit unsure and I chuckled.

"Don't worry I'm different." I said and he sighed out of relief.

"You know, Damian is very kindhearted when you get to know him." I said and he nodded.

"I know but he was the cause of me losing my sight." He said and my eyes widened.

"And why is that?!" I said shocked.

"He was painting right here in the mountains and I went to brings his paintings back and buy more paint, after I bought the paint I noticed that the doors form the temple were open and no guards were there. I entered and interrupted a satanic ritual Ra's al Ghul was preforming which I should have never seen, I was captured and Damian could decide if I could live or die. He called me a fool and Ra's then decided that my eyes were the quilty ones so cursed me with blindness." He said and my eyes just kept staying wide, I was so shocked.

"That's cruel." I said and he nodded.

"It didn't stop me from doing what I love though." He said and I smiled.

"Now that's something that should inspire people." I sad and he chuckled.

"You think?" He said and I took the bottle out of my suit and looked at the green water inside of it.

"What did Ra's make you blind with exactly?" I asked.

"The water from the Lazarus pit." He said and I looked at the bottle.

"Well do you wish to see again then?" I said and he nodded.

"I want nothing else." He said and I opened the bottle.

"Okay I want you to look up a don't bink." I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"And why is that" He said and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Just do it." I said and so he did, I dropped a few drops in his eyes and he told me that it burned. It burned even so much that he had to yell it out for a couple seconds, poor man. But all that paid off when he opened his eyes and saw the sun setting behind the mountains.

"It's beautiful." He said and shed a tear, I gave him a smile and he smiled back when he looked at me.

"Thank you." He said and looked at the bottle.

"Don't worry it's alright." I said.

"Is there a way I could ever repay you?" He said pleading and I started thinking, Damian is an amazing artist and I would really like to know how to draw too.

"Can you be my art teacher?" I said and he nodded.

"That would be no problem." He said and I gave him a smile, we would come every two days to this place to paint since he doesn't want to be seen by grandfather. My eye caught a black plane flying towards the temple and I stood up.

"THEY'RE HERE!" I yelled and made a run for it, I ran as fast as I could back to the temple in the hope they came back to save me.

{Damian POV}

"I FOUND SOMETHING!" I yelled and father came to look at the picture I was investigating.

"Look at the wall, it's something written in Arabic." I said and pointed ta the wall on the picture saying 'Ra's' in Arabic, his eyes widened and he told me to get the others. I called Drake and he entered with Klameron.

"Did you find her little bro?" She said and I gave her a death glare.

"Do not call me 'little bro', that is only intended for my sister." I said and she rolled her eyes. We haven't slept in two days, well father. I could only sleep when Drake was around because he was the only comfort I had with me right now since I don't like Klameron and father was really stressed. Pennyworth was really bothered too so I tried to stay low to please them. We suited up and entered the Batwing, I still couldn't believe father let Klameron wear my sisters suit. The flight was long and quiet but we immediately started looking when we arrived. Mother and grandfather walked to the plane which already landed and we got off.

"What is the meaning of this visit beloved?" She asked and didn't look at me.

"We know that Emily is here." He said and mother didn't show any emotion.

"She is supposed to be with you, no visitor set foot in this place after you came to retrieve your bird." She said and I thought back to the day we rescued Grayson from being the leader of the league.

"You are lying Talia." Father said and she sighed.

"And what is the reason I would lie to you?" She said an dit was quiet for a few seconds.

"If she's not here explain this." Drake said and showed he the picture, she gave it a good look and sighed with sadness in her eyes, the side I rarely got to see of her.

"I think this has another meaning beloved." She said and handed the picture to grandfather.

"And what is it?" I said and furrowed my eyes.

"I think she wanted you to come here so that we could have this family moment, to be a family for a few minutes again." She said and my eyes widened, I never looked at it that way. Grandfather handed the picture back and looked just as sad as mother, father as quiet and by the looks of his face he was about to cry but he was staying strong.

"I'm sorry beloved, she's gone." Talia said and hugged him, I saw that last sparkle of hope disappear in his eyes. I heard some noise coming from the trees and threw a bat-a-rang to it.

"It was just a bird Damian." Grandfather said and I showed no emotions as well.

"I want to check this place to be sure." Drake said and I followed him inside. As we were looking through the temple trying to find any sign of Emily Drake started talking.

"You know Damian, even if we won't find anything I will promise to always be there for you just as she was." He said and it touched me a little, really little.

"Shut up Drake and start looking." I said and he sight continuing to look.

{Emily POV}

I was almost there! I ran as fast as I could and was just in time as the plane landed , I wanted to yell their names but was pulled into a tree by a few assassins.

"What are y-" I said but was cut off by one covering my mouth, I tried fighting them and hurting them even but they wouldn't let me go. I was held down and listened to their conversation, my eyes widened as I heard mother lying about what the 'Ra's' sign would've meant, she let it sound too much like me! I tried again and this time Damian noticed that something was off with the tree. He threw a bat-a-rang at us and it landed right next to my ear. Tim and Damian went inside to investigate and father had a family moment with mother.

"No." I mumbled and tears started coming, of course they were expected and everything would be clean and hidden. They came out, both with a sad look on their faces and I tried to free myself again.

"I'm sorry but we couldn't find anything." He said and father looked really broken.

"We shall leave." Damian said and mother looked sad and guilty at the ground, yeah you sure are guilty and hurt when I'm done with you! Father looked at mother and Ra's, both also looking disappointed.

"I'm sorry Talia, I'm sorry I couldn't save her. I'm sorry I let another one of our children die, I know I'm a terrible father. I just wish there was a way I could bring her back just like Damian." He said.

"There is no way to bring her back without her body." Grandfather said and he nodded.

"Father it wasn't your fault." Damian said and he put a hand on fathers shoulder.

"We should go." He said and started walking towards the plane, I was trying my best to make the two holding me back suffer but they didn't let any emotion out, of course they learned to hide pain!

"Wait!" Mother yelled and everyone stopped what they were doing, my eyed filled with a sudden spark of hope.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

4.9K 137 17
Barbara Gordon was a normal forensic psychologist working with her father, Commissioner Gordon, to clean up the streets of Gotham. That is until her...
67.5K 1.7K 32
With 4 boys, the Wayne Manor is always crazy. Damian is about to enter middle school! Spend a day in the life with the bat family- a family by day an...
197 1 14
Damian has returned to Gotham after four years of living with the Titans, only to find that life will probably never be the same for him.
20.4K 439 61
All her life Robin had always been the geeky girl with her head stuck in a comic, she had few friends and a small family consisting of a kitten and a...