Patience (A Punk Niall Horan...

By breakfastattiffs

Bea Drusilla Verena. A girl on a mission. To survive the summer in Mullingar with her nerdy cousin Shaun, hi... More

Patience (A Punk Niall Horan Romance)
Disclaimer
~One~ It's Bea. Not that hard.
~Two~ Nope. It's Dru actually....
~Three~ Just call me Dru
~Four~ Hello Again...

~Five~ Are you coming up short stack?

865 48 39
By breakfastattiffs

I mentally cursed myself as I closed my mouth.

Goddamnit Dru. Isn’t he the exact type of person to hang around a skate park?

“Miss me baby?” he whispers, as he passes me to collect his abandoned skateboard.

“Of course I did schnuckumms!” I exclaim, pinching his cheeks between my thumbs and forefingers when he returns.

“She’ll give you a run for your money eh Horan?” a tanned boy shouts. I recognise him as the tall boy I followed on the bike over here.

“Shut the hell up Malik!” he shouts back. When he turns back around to me I can see anger flashing in his eyes. But what’s more prominent than the anger is.... amusement?

He’s humoured by me?

My suspicion is confirmed when he laughs softly at me, shaking his head and walking back to his friends.

Malik receives a punch on the arm and a light shove before I’m called over. “Is this the girl from the plane?” Malik asks Niall, before turning his attention to me.

“Yeah it is” I answer for Niall, looking at him confused.

A boy in a snapback and grey joggers explains “Niall here just has a habit of never shutting up about some ladies, what was the word you used to describe her Niall? Oh yes, smoking hot wasn’t it? Yes it was.  I do believe he said ‘She practically gave me a lap dance but dude, I wasn’t complaining, she was smoking hot!’

“Shut the hell up Payne! Can you keep that goddamned mouth of yours shut for one fucking second?” Niall shouts at the boy and grabs his snapback off of his head.

The boy, Payne, leans in and whispers in Niall’s ear, earning him back his snapback and an apology from the blonde.

“Dru, this is Zayn Malik” Niall motions to the boy I followed on the bike “Liam Payne” that’s the guy in the snapback “and Tommo, sorry, Louis, he’s over there somewhere” he motions to the seats above the pool.

“So I’m guessing Niall is the Regina George of the group?” I ask the other two boys who chuckle lightly, while Niall glares a me.

“Oh my god, I love her already!” someone exclaims behind me.

“Oh God, well you two are gonna get on like a house of fire.” Niall mutters, pulling a hand through his brown roots.

I turn to meet a boy all in black. Black jeans, black socks, black Vans, black sweatshirt. The only splashes of colour are the red of the logo on his shirt and the grey of his beanie.

“Dru, this is Louis Tomlinson” Niall sighs

“It seems like Niall here was trying to keep us from meeting” I mention to Louis.

“Yeah well he can be a bit overprotective can’t you darling?” Louis asks him, pinching his cheek.

Zayn and Liam burst into laughter “Oh my dear God, you two are like the exact same person!” Niall exclaims, holding his cheek.

“What?” asks Louis.

“God, no wonder I wanted to keep you two away from one another!” Niall tells us.

“So you admit it?” Louis asks, crossing his arms.

“Tommo, don’t you have a girlfriend to get back to?” Niall asks while glaring at him.

“I do actually. Later gentlemen, farewell Dru, I do so hope we can meet again soon” Louis says, before kissing the back of my hand while glancing at Niall. He straightens up and smirks before walking up the ramp out of the pool.

“Asshole” Niall mutters under his breath. I notice his hands are clenched into tight fists.

“I have to get back to Saffron’s but I’m guessing you two will be going to this party tonight right?” I ask Liam and Zayn.

“Yeah course, Matthew’s party. He’s one of our mates” Liam explains to me.

“Right, of course” I agree “Will you be attending your majesty?” I ask, turning to Niall, smiling.

“Yes. Like Liam said, he’s one of our best mates.” He replies sharply.

“Oh, right”

Why is he being so blunt?

‘Maybe because you just met him and already you're acting like a royal bitch’ my subconscious sneers at me.

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

“Well I guess I’ll see you later then?” I ask them, not looking at the blonde.

“Yeah see you later Dru” Zayn says, faking a smile at me.

“It was nice to meet you” adds Liam, faking another smile, before turning his attention to Niall. I’ve faked enough smiles to know when somebody else is doing it.

“Don’t look at me like that Liam!” Niall exclaims, before skating off.

Grabbing my penny board, I walk the opposite way, out of the pool. Blinking rapidly, I try to keep the tears away.

‘God, you are such a wimp you know that don’t you?’

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

“Remember Bea, if you just ignore the voice, it will simply cease to exist” I can clearly hear Dr. Patel’s voice ring through my ears as the mild air hits me.

After admitting my eating disorder to my parents, my dad thought it would be wise to sign me up for a shrink. The whole thing was a big ball of “It’s a no from me” but I did get two strips of positivity from attending the eccentric Indian man’s office every Monday morning.

I got to miss Maths, Geography and French, and that piece of advice sometimes did help.

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

“Dru! HEY DRU!” a screaming voice, yanks me out of my dream and nearly makes me capsize on my board.

“Dru! Why aren’t you at home getting ready?” Fran asks me, once she catches up.“I decided to explore” I shrug after we begin making our way home together. Her hair is damp and scraped up into a topknot. She’s wearing no makeup but she still looks gorgeous.

“So, what are you going to wear to the party tonight?” I ask her.

“Well I was hoping to wear a black dress that has these bits cut out at the side....”

Fran’s voice kind of drips away and I focus my attention on the blonde boy walking out of the newsagents carrying two paper bags full of groceries.

“Fran? I’m going to run into the shop ok? Give Saffron this” I tell her, handing her the chocolate bar that was in my pocket.

“Umm.. ok? I can wait for you though?”

“No go home and get ready!” I smile “I’ll be home in a while!”

“Sure ok. I have to wash my hair anyway” she says, as she walks away, heading to our estate with her swim bag swinging at her side.

I pick up my board and jog over to where Niall rounded the corner. I have to understand why he’s being so blunt with me.

“For fucks sake mum, I don’t care!” I hear raised voices before I turn the corner.

Rounding it, I find Niall slamming a silver car door shut and ramming a beanie onto his head. Opening the boot, he removes a gym bag and proceeds to slam the boot shut too.

The car drove out of the car park, onto the road and I got a glimpse of the woman from the newsagents. Is that Niall’s mum?

“Niall?”
“Mum, piss off... What the fuck are you doing here?”
“Watch your mouth you little shit, why are you in such a bad mood?” I ask him, angry at him and his mood swings. Jesus, I met this boy this morning and I’ve already seen him when he’s  flirty, jealous, aggressive, angry and amused.

“None of your damn business” he mutters, walking toward me and climbing onto the wall that separates the shop car park from a large football field.

Now I was standing under him, looking up at him some six feet in the air.

“Are you coming up short stack?” he asks, smirking at me.

“Shut up you dweeb.” I lean against the wall and cross my arms.

I’m shocked by him jumping down off of the wall and putting either of his arms above my head.

“Shall I lift you up little baby?” he teases

“Shh” is all I can muster. His breath is warm and blankets over my skin. It smells like mint and smoke. I’d be lying if I said it smelt bad.

He runs his tongue over his top lip, before leaning down to my height.

“I know you want me to kiss you”

My eyes open. When did they even close?  “Wh-what?”

“I said, I know you want me to kiss you, but I won’t. Not yet anyway”

“You already have kissed me remember?” I ask him, folding my arms again.

His eyes drop to my chest and widen slightly, when he lifts his head I see that his pupils have dilated slightly.

“What?” I snap

“Ohmygod, crap” I immediately uncross my arms.

“Thanks for that” he smirks “But seriously, you should forget about the kiss on the plane. That was nothing.”

He steps away from me and rearranges his beanie.

“Next time I kiss you, you'll remember it for the rest of your life”

“Now, do I have permission to lift you or not?” he asks smiling down at me.

He's tall. I imagine him being the perfect height for me. My head would just click under his, like two pieces of a jigsaw. He would be able to rest his chin on top of my head and I would be able to smell his neck and the hollow his collarbones make.

“Is that a yes or a no?” Niall’s thick accent pulls me out of my daydream and I immediately nod, trying not to arouse suspicion as to what I was thinking about.

His hands sit on my hips, and slide up my waist under my arms. Once there, they clasp around me and he lifts me up onto the wall in one fluid movement. I slide back onto the wall on my bum and grip the edges so I don’t fall. Niall pulls himself up by his arms and places his right arm around me onto the wall so I don’t fall. I lean back slightly and touch his hoodie-clad arm and he wraps it around my waist as we stare over the shop building.

We sit in silence for a couple of minutes before I ask, “Niall?”

“Mhmm?” he replies without looking at me.

“Where were you coming from when I met you on the plane?” I ask, knotting my hands in my lap.

“Why the hell would it matter to you?” he inquires, his hand retracting from around me. I can feel the intense heat that his large hand had left on my waist, and I feel suddenly colder now without it.

“Sorry, I was just being curious” I dip my head and look at my hands, before I start to pick off the polish.

“Yeah well...”

A sudden gust of wind knocks me off balance and I flail my arms around wildly before hitting Niall. I can feel myself falling and I realise I’m gripping Niall’s hoodie in my left hand. I think he lands before me, because somehow, I land on top of him.

“Ouch, Jesus Christ, you had to bring me down too?” he asks.

“Well if you weren’t being so hormonal and had kept your arm around me this wouldn’t have happened” I defend looking down at him.

“So you liked my arm around you?” he smirks.

“I never said that, I was trying to explain that if you weren’t acting like a girl on her period then...” I’m cut off by his finger on my lips and am immediately hypnotised by his eyes that are staring intensely at me.

“Dru, I’m sor...” he’s cut off by a football landing near his head, and Zayn jogging behind it.

I then realise I'm still lying on top of Niall since we fell and how bad this must look. Us two, lying in the tall grass, in the corner of the football field all alone.

Zayn retrieves his phone from his pocket, checks something and puts it back in his pocket before smirking at us and turning to shout at the group of people at the bottom of the pitch.

“Liam? Half an hour! You owe me a tenner mate!” 

****************

Hey guys! 

First of all, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Secondly, I am so so so sorry it took me so damn long to update! 

Thirdly, please please please PLEASE comment and vote! Comment jibberish if you want! We all jibber jabber now and again!

And also, MESSAGE ME! I actually love talking to you all! :D :D

Goddamn look at Lorde on the side. I am absolutley infatuated with her! She seems to be quite rude on twitter to some celebs but I LOVE HER VOICE and her style and music and everything. Overlook her quirky dancing and listen to her beautiful voice. I literally wrote this whole chapter listening to this song. 

~~~~~
This chapter is dedicated to @17Serenity because she made the absolutley AHMAZING cover! I am so utterly in love with it! THANK YOU! 
~~~~~

THANK YOU FOR READING! 

Love, Molly xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 12.2K 19
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
435K 29.9K 45
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
648K 23.6K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
104K 832 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...