Back Again

By sophieanna

Julia Tylers was gone for two years. She hadn't been in contact with the people from her old life. To her, th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Eleven and a Half-
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine-
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twelve

18.5K 386 64
By sophieanna

Chapter Twelve

      “Bye babe!” I said, smiling.

      “Bye Jules,” he said, holding me in his arms for what would be the last time for months.

      “I love you,” I said, as I let a tear escape from the corner of my eye. Damn it! It’s only one tear, nothing big. Pull yourself together- no crying!

      “I love you too,” he said, as standard response.

      “Jules! Let’s go!” I heard Adam yell.

      “Bye guys! Thanks for an awesome time out here! I’m gonna miss you all so much!” I said, to the crowd of friends I had spent the past week with. I slowly walked away towards Adam, leaving behind for the second time the only people who truly get me.

      Santa Monica was great! I saw my old friends, surfed, but most importantly I saw Josh again! I can’t believe I have to go! It was such a short visit!

      As I turned around, to wave to Josh one more time, I saw Cassandra kissing him. It was all happening so fast. My gut reaction was to run up, grab a random guy, and start making out. But I stopped myself. That’s something the old Julia would have done to get revenge on Josh. What would kissing a random dude do for me? Honestly, nothing. If Josh was kissing Cassandra, then sure it would make him a little jealous, but that’s it. No one would benefit from it- well maybe the random guy would.

      So instead, I did a very adult thing to do, and walked away. I whipped out my phone, got on Facebook, and did the only thing I could. Step No.1 Unfriend Josh- Check. Shit. Now that annoying Greyson Chance song is going through my head! Step No.2 Change relationship status to ‘Single’- Check. Step No.3 Update status to: I thought the word LOVE actually meant something. Guess not </3- Check. And Step No.4 Delete that bastard’s number- Check. And that is how Julia Tylers deals with an unofficial breakup. Classy and fierce.

      I didn’t let myself cry. What’s the use? Is crying going to change the fact that Josh just kissed another girl? No. What is crying going to do for me besides make my eyes all puffy, and show others that Julia Tylers indeed does have revelations of weakness? Nothing, that’s what. Besides, my name doesn’t even sound good with his last name. I took a deep breath, and continued walking towards Adam, who was in line to go through security.

      “You look mad,” he stated, as I joined him.

      “I am.”

      “What happened?”

      “Josh was kissing Cassandra.”

      “That son of a-”

      “Adam, we live three thousand miles apart, there’s no use in getting mad over someone I’m never going to see again,” I said, shaking my head. “But believe me, if we still lived here he would facing the demon sent straight from hell known as Julia Tylers.”

      “Good. Now we’re done with him. If he calls you, don’t pick up. If he texts you, don’t reply. If he tries anyway of reaching out to you, just don’t respond. I’ve dealt with enough clingy ex’s to know you should wait at least a month before communicating with them again.”

      “But you see Adam, that’s how normal people deal with breakups, and I think we both know that I’m anything but normal. So thanks, but no thanks for the advice.”

      “I hope you know what you’re doing,” he said, pressing me into a hug, “but I do have one question.”

      “Go on.”

      “Can I at least prank call him?”

      “What’s that going to do for you?”

      “Give me the amusement, and satisfaction of messing with that bastard.”

      “Knock yourself out.”

      “I will, thank you.”

      I took out my phone again, and checked my notifications- 20 likes on my status. Joshua Woods you have no idea what you’ve just done. You woke a dormant volcano, big mistake babe.

Josh’s POV

Shit! What just happened?

Jules’ POV

      “Hello?” I said, answering my phone the minute the plane had landed safely a good 3000 miles away from Josh.

      “I told you so!” Trent said.

      “About what?” I asked.

      “Long distance relationships never work out, and even though I don’t know the entire story, I’m still here to be the rebound!” he said.

      “Okay Trenty. You do that.”

      “Thank you; I will. Oh, and just to warn you, the minute I see you, I’m totally kissing you.”

      “No you aren’t.”

      “Julesy, I’ve been forcing myself not to act on the sudden urges to totally suck your face off every time I see you, because I was being considerate to the fact that you had a boyfriend.”

      “You’re not kissing me TJ,” I said.

      “Oh yes, I am.”

      “You’re really not, end of discussion. I’m getting another call, talk to you later, bye,” I said, answering the other call, “Hello?”

      “Hey! Jules! You picked up! Wow!” Josh said. At this point, normal people would hang up on their ex, but not me. Do I really want to avoid my phone for days to see the same name appear over and over again on it? No- that’s just a waste of my time. Besides, I’d love to hear what Josh came up with to explain himself. If he doesn’t have the best prewritten monologue in the world on why I should take him back, then there’s no way in hell I’m even considering taking him back.

      “Jules?” he said again.

      “Yeah?” I said, realizing I had blanked out.

      “Okay, I’m sorry. It was Cassandra- she kissed me out of nowhere, and then wouldn’t let me escape from the kiss! I’m so sorry! I love you! I know I hurt you, but we can still make this work!” That’s it? Really Josh? I’m disappointed in you, I expected a better speech, and a better you.

      “See Josh, I’m having a very hard time believing that it was entirely Cassandra’s fault, because you see, you’re like a giant, and Cassandra happens to be this little tiny girl, who if my memory serves correctly has no upper body strength, which would also mean that there’s no way in hell that she ‘forced’ you to kiss her. Do I believe that you’re sorry? Yes, because I know I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to you, and that loosing me is no small thing. Just remember this moment, ten years from now, and how that simple screw up you made, impacted your life so much. Please, don’t call back, if I want to call you, I will; just don’t bother calling me. Bye Josh,” I said, hanging up.

      At the very end of my little speech, when I said ‘Bye’ to him, it was more than a parting word; it symbolized him leaving my life for good. I just can’t believe he consensually allowed Cassandra kiss him- in front of me! But, dwelling on the past isn’t going to change it. There’s nothing I can do, and that’s fine.

      “Nice speech!” Adam said, clapping.

      “Thank you!” I said, walking along side him in the airport.

      “How long did it take you to plan?”

      “Half the plane ride. I was trying to guess how soon he’d call.”

      “How was his explanation?”

      “It sucked.”

      “Well I think that your lecture was an Oscar worthy performance.”

      “I try my best,” I said, bowing.

      “It was great, I loved the part when you said he was a giant!”

      “Yeah, that was pretty good.”

      “Were you talking to Trent before?”

      “Yeah.”

      “I like that kid.”

      “I don’t.”

      “You don’t?”

      “Nope. I love that kid!”

      “Right. So are we over Josh?” That’s a good question. My exterior shows no signs of heartache, but deep down inside is there a part of me that still wants him back? Yeah, I think so.

      “Yes,” I said, smiling.

      “Good. Now playing the over protective older brother for a moment, if anyone ever does something like that to you again, just say the word, and they’re dead.”

      “Thanks Ad.”

      “Sure. Oh, and just for the record, I’m rooting for Trent.”

      “You’re rooting for Trent?” I repeated, not entirely sure what that statement was supposed to mean.

      “Yes,” he said, “As your next boyfriend.”

      “And why Trent?”

      “Because I like him.”

      “You should go out with him!”

      “Haha. Funny. But those other two boys, Chase and Aiden? Yeah, I don’t like them.”

      “Okay?”

      “So when’re you asking Trent out?”

      “Who said anything about me asking Trent out?” I just broke up! He can’t seriously think that I’m ready to start dating again!

      “I did. Do it, I like him, you like him, he likes himself; here, I’ll call him for you,” he offered.

      “DON’T YOU FLIPPIN’ DARE!” I said, as he pulled his phone out of his back pocket, and proceeded to call Trent. I tried to get the phone out of his hand, but that wasn’t working out.

      “Hey! Trent, it’s me, Adam Tylers, Jules’ older bro… Yeah! So I just wanted to ask you, when you’re planning on asking her out… Oh! Really? Great… Yeah, awesome! I’ll tell her… Yeah she likes you… Sure. Knock yourself out bro… Okay, bye dude!” he said, putting his phone away and replacing it with an evil smirk across his face.

      “What did you just do?” I asked, barely able to think.

      “Oh nothing,” he said, smiling. And this is one of the many occasions where I feel strong resentment towards my brother. I don’t even want to know what he just did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.2K 27
Carson Collins never knew what it was like to have a family. Her mother hates her and her father and does everything she can to keep her away from hi...
373K 7.1K 15
Naruto is hurt. Devastatingly hurt from a mob of villagers on his fifth birthday. Kurama or the kyuubi how everyone puts her, is saddened at the cont...
170K 1.7K 16
This book is currently being rewritten- slow updates- September 2023 Have you ever wondered what the life of a teenager who seems like a perfect Chri...
Spot Light By an!

Fanfiction

42.9K 832 33
Completed; He's a well-known singer/songwriter/and guitarist. He has millions of fans. She is a school girl in high school. Her friends are huge fans...