Fix You | Newt x Reader | Maz...

By randomfandomimagine

Inspired by the song of the same name, Fix You by Coldplay, it tells the story of how a girl meets a Chocolat... More

Chapter 1: Spark
Chapter 2: Not As Planned
Chapter 3: Safe And Happy
Chapter 5: The Party
Chapter 6: The Glue
Chapter 7: Balance
Chapter 8: Improvise
Chapter 9: Support
Chapter 10: Meant To Be
Chapter 11: This Is Halloween
Chapter 12: Sleepover
Chapter 13: What Is Love
Chapter 14: Everything's Going To Change
Chapter 15: WCKD Is Good
Future Of Fix You
Author Message

Chapter 4: Getaway

4.7K 147 348
By randomfandomimagine

You now those days when you wake up feeling so freaking exhausted that you can barely open your eyes and keep them open? Well, that was how my Tuesday began.

I turned off my alarm clock and rolled on my side on the bed, considering whether I'd stay home and skip class or not. Sadly, I knew just one day of not going to class would mean losing on a lot of notes and important stuff, even some exams dates.

I could always ask someone for the notes, but I knew I had to go, so I groaned and stood up in spite of myself. Besides, I had to check on Chuckie and Aris.

Tiredly, I took a shower and got dressed. Then I went downstairs.

I found them on the living room, playing that stupid board game Chuck enjoyed so much and that I didn't even know the name of.

I waved at them as I went to the kitchen to have breakfast.

"Klunk!" I heard from the other room.

I poked my head to the living room door and watched them.

"Shuck!" Chuck exclaimed again once Aris threw the dice and scored twelve points.

Once I finished my breakfast, I walked over to the table where they were playing.

"Chuck, don't swear" I said, putting my hand over his head and moving it around playfully.

"I didn't swear!" My brother defended himself as he swatted me away. "I just said klunk... and shuck"

I chuckled and patted Chuck's head.

"How are you, Aris?" I looked at my cousin, who seemed a bit immersed in the game but managed to look up at me.

"Fine" His glare soon returned to the board and I chuckled. He had always been a boy of few words, just like myself.

"I put my phone on vibrate, but call me if you need anything, boys" I gave a kiss to each one's cheek.

"Okay" They both said with boredom at the same time.

"Will you be okay?"

"Yeah"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeeeeees"

I laughed a little and headed for the door, throwing my bag onto my back carelessly.

Feeling relieved that Chuck wouldn't have to spend more time alone now that Aris was with him, I left for class.

*

Classes were really long. Don't get me wrong, some subjects resulted really interesting, but each hour felt like a whole day.

Luckily, every day of the week I had a free period in which I could relax for at least an hour before going back to more classes.

Sometimes, during that time I went to the cafeteria to eat something –since sometimes I skipped breakfast when I was late and had to boost my energies up- or I would just take a book with me and sit around to read it.

But that day I walked around the pavilion looking for any familiar faces. I smiled when I saw Gally sitting in the floor of the corridors, studying a big book with great concentration.

"Hi" I cheerfully said, towering over him.

He frowned as he looked up at me, wondering who bothered him during his studying.

"Y/N!" I had barely seen him ever since he showed me Professor's Paige office, and it was great to see him again. We talked sometimes, but unfortunately we didn't encounter around the pavilion too often. "Hi!"

He quickly stood up, closing his book and putting it under his arm, to give me a hug.

"It's been a while" He warmly smiled at me as he pulled away.

I had heard people's opinions on Gally. They often said he was grumpy, rude and mean but he had been nothing but nice to me.

"Yeah, how are you doing?"

He huffed, and he actually looked a little tired.

"Swamped with finals and studying" I quickly looked at the book and noticed it was an architecture book. Finals were due in less than three weeks.

"Yeah, I should start studying too"

Gally seemed like the studious kind of person: smart and dedicated. But even if I should start studying right away, I'll probably just start procrastinating and leaving it for the very last moment as I always did.

Sensing it made me uncomfortable because I still hadn't even taken a quick look at my notes for the exams, he changed the subject. Not that the other subject wasn't a bit awkward too.

"Hey, Alby told me you and Newt are getting along" Why did everyone have to bring him up?

"Yeah, thanks again for helping me find him" I coyly smiled. Talking about Newt turned me into a shier person.

"You're welcome" Gally gently rubbed my arm.

I wondered how people could think he was 'a jerk'. Maybe it was that he was friendly only with me.

"You have a free period too?" I asked him, seeing as he was sitting outside an empty classroom.

"Yeah, want to hang out?"

"Sure" I sat next to him and he soon came up with a conversation topic. I spent a whole hour chatting with him until he had to leave.

*

Since I had another free hour, when I separated from Gally, I headed to my usual reading spot in the corner.

Before I could arrive, I was suddenly stopped by something. Or someone.

Two tender hands covered my eyes so I couldn't see anything. I stopped in my tracks, wondering what was happening.

"Guess who?" An unmistakable husky voice whispered in my ear, sending chills all over my spine.

I softly put his hands away from my face and turned around to meet with Newt's lovely face.

"Hi, Newt!"

"Hi, love" Newt smiled at me widely.

The British gave me a quick but meaningful hug that left me smiling like a fool.

"Oh, hi, Alby" I looked down in embarrassment when I noticed he was behind his friend.

"Y/N" He casually said with a nod, that tiny smirk always on his face.

Why was it that Alby always seemed to be enjoying himself so much every time I saw him?

"What are you doing here?" I asked Newt, still unable to rid my lips of that smile.

I was so glad that I came today, I wouldn't have met Newt if I didn't. And Gally. And Alby.

"I needed to get some done stuff around here" The blond shrugged, but Alby snorted amusedly.

"Bullshit, he wanted to see you" Alby's expression drastically changed when Newt sent him a death glare.

"Y/N!" I looked over my shoulder to see Thomas and Minho.

They were running towards me, waving excitedly like children, Minho calling me so loud his voice could be heard all around the pavilion.

I chuckled at Minho's goofiness. Thomas seemed to be a little embarrassed by him since many people turned to watch him.

"Hi, guys" I greeted them once they joined us.

"Is this the guy?" Minho cheerfully said, shamelessly pointing at Newt. He was always so blunt.

"So you've been talking about me" The British grinned, nudging me with his elbow.

"Um..." I opened my mouth to talk and change the subject, but Alby did it for me.

"Just like you've been talking about her nonstop"

"Don't you have to go, Alby?" Newt pursed his lips together.

Minho laughed lowly while Thomas stared at the blond, still not trusting him.

"No, I don't" Alby folded his arms over his chest.

"Are you going to introduce us, stupid?" Minho meddled in.

"Sure!" I shook my head to get back to reality, my mind already filled with daydreams. Newt had been talking about me to his best friend! "Alby, Newt: These are Thomas and Minho"

"Hi" Newt politely shook their hands, still smiling. Minho seemed to like Newt already, but Thomas wouldn't change his mind.

"Do you guys want to come with us to the cafeteria?" Minho offered to all of us. For some reason, he was in a great mood.

Still, Thomas couldn't keep a poker face. He was unamused.

"Yeah" Newt and Alby exchanged a glare and nodded.

As we began making our way to the cafeteria, Minho placed an arm over my shoulders and pushed me to his side.

"Do you still have that rock I gave you, Y/N?"

"Yes, Min..." I tiredly said, shoving my hand in my pocket to get the heart-shaped stone to show it to him.

"Good" The Asian smirked and I softly pushed him away as he made a kissy face and pecked my cheek.

I looked over my shoulder to see where Thomas and Newt were. Thomas was chatting with Alby. And just as I glanced around for Newt, he appeared right next to me, grabbing my arm.

"Do you have classes later, love?" Newt subtly tugged at my arm until I walked away from Minho.

"Yeah, two hours"

"Good that" Newt grinned, but didn't add anything more.

I was surprised to see that the boys were getting along really well already, and they kept the conversation going without my help.

*

After we hung out for a while together, each one headed to their pavilion to attend their classes.

Newt offered to walk me to my classroom, so I didn't complain.

"Hey, Y/N" He stopped and when I turned to see him I found a mischievous grin on his face. "Which one was it?"

"Classroom A5" I repeated, still walking.

However, Newt still stood there.

"We could take a walk, what do you say?" The blond showed me that smile again. The smile he first flashed me in the pizza place, the one I fell in love with. Shy and extroverted at the same time. Sweet and loving.

You just couldn't say no to those puppy eyes and that smile.

"I guess I could ask Sonya for her notes..." I mumbled, thinking that it wouldn't be so catastrophic if I took just one day off. Just for a few hours.

"You know my sister?" Newt stared at me, surprised.

"Sonya is your sister?!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

Come to I think about it, both were kind of similar. Physically –blond hair, fair skin and brown eyes, thin and tall- and personality like –sweet, kind, extroverted, a bit mischievous and caring.

It made sense.

"Yeah" He smiled, apparently proud of his sister. "Sonya is my sister, and I'll tell her to lend you her notes. Now let's go"

While he wasn't looking, I smiled a bit in happiness as I followed him.

*

Newt took me to a forest that wasn't too far away from the campus and we sat in a little clearing filled with flowers –all colors: green, yellow, purple, white, pink, red...- and really beautiful. He called that place 'The Glade'.

We chatted for a while and enjoyed each other's company. At some moment the sneaky bastard had placed his hand on top of mine and intertwined his fingers with mine very subtly. Not that I was complaining, though.

You know when you like someone and enjoy their company so much that you don't want to leave even if you know you should? That's how I felt every time I was with Newt. Always.

Still, we had spent around one hour in the Glade and I had only one more hour of class. The guilt of playing truant was eating me away as I wasn't used to it even if I was seriously considering staying another hour with him and ask someone else for the notes. Sonya and I only shared one subject.

But being with Newt...

I stared at him as the sunlight shone in his dark brown eyes and in his sandy hair. Almost unwillingly, I gave a gentle squeeze to his hand still intertwined with mine. I found myself admiring his profile and his presence next to me.

His jaw line, his lips, his cute nose, his long neck...

Feeling stupid as I noticed I had been smiling like a fool the whole time just by looking at him, I glanced down to the floor. When I realized of my feelings, I heaved a deep sigh.

It wasn't just attraction anymore, or enjoying his company or having a new friend. I was starting to feel something for him.

Newt was so kind and sweet, so beautiful inwardly and also on the outside. So lovable...

"Are you alright?" He suddenly asked me.

I sighed again and bit my lip. I averted my gaze from his beautiful eyes.

"Yeah, just thinking" I lied, even if my insides were turning with pain and doubt.

I couldn't go through that again. I wouldn't allow another boy to mess me up. I wouldn't let myself get too involved with someone again just to let them destroy my heart, my confidence and my everything. Open my heart to them so they would own it and shred it to pieces. I wouldn't make that mistake again.

I went through it with that other stupid boy. I thought he loved me more than I loved him. But it turns out it was the other way around. In fact, I don't think he ever loved me at all.

"You don't bloody look it" He contradicted me, his voice stern but sweet.

I shook my head and carelessly waved my hand in the air.

"It's nothing, Newt, really"

"Got a lot in your head, love?"

"Yeah, the exams, looking after Chuck, and many other stuff that I keep thinking about and that even if I eat my head doesn't make that much sense sometimes, but-"

"Can I kiss you?" He abruptly interrupted me. I was rambling anyway.

For a second I was speechless. I looked up at him finally and stared at him in silence. I opened my mouth to reply, but no sound came out.

I wanted him to kiss me so badly, but I was afraid. I didn't want to get too involved with him. It had taken a while for me to trust Gally and Minho enough to let them be my friends. How could I trust Newt in a romantic way?

Newt observed me in expectation. My glare changed from his eyes to his lips. His appealing lips that I could be kissing.

My mind was screaming for me to let him. But my broken heart ached silently and feared that destruction again.

Still, the urge to lean forward and kiss him myself was too strong.

One tiny little kiss couldn't hurt, right?

Finally, I nodded my head, and he smiled a little.

In just one second, I went through so many emotions.

Why did I give him the permission?! Well, I wanted him to kiss me, but... No! It'll be like Dave all over again! But Newt seems different. Was he? Would he break my heart and destroy me even more? Maybe he could be different...

Before I could eat my head any further about it, his lips met mine.

I completely forgot about everything else but him. It was only Newt and me.

The soft touch of his lips sent that familiar spark all over my body and a wave of heat through my insides. That spark that only I felt with him. My hands automatically flew to the collar of his red plaid shirt as his gingerly held my face.

I kissed back and, almost subconsciously, pulled at his collar to bring him closer to me, which made him smile against my mouth.

The kiss was incredibly tender and innocent, but still passionate. Just as I was trying to hold back a satisfied little moan, his thumbs caressed my cheeks.

I hadn't notice I had closed my eyes until I opened them again.

When we pulled away, I stared at him in awe. His dark brown eyes had a twinkle in them. I would have smiled at the sight if I wasn't so distracted.

"Newt..." His name slipped out of my lips before I could help it.

"Yeah?" Newt was staring back at me.

I realized we hadn't moved or talked for a few seconds after I called his name, so I needed to say something.

However, I was speechless. Again.

Since I didn't want him to notice, I spoke the first thing that came to mind.

"I'm cold"

"Come here" He wrapped his arms securely around me and brought me closer to him.

I nuzzled my nose in his shoulder as I contemplated my thoughts. That kiss...

Stupid chocolate boy. With his sweet, lively and welcoming chocolate brown eyes, his soft lips, his warm arms, his endearing personality and his amazing kissing skills.

Stupid Newt with his perfection.

"Yeah, I think you're shaking a little" Newt sweetly rubbed my back to keep me warm.

But I wasn't cold at all. In fact, I was burning up on the inside.

I felt lucky that he couldn't see my face, because it was probably as red as his shirt.

I hugged him too, wrapping my arms behind his back and squeezing him tightly.

My instincts told me I could trust Newt. And I was going to give him a chance –I knew my friends had my back anyway. Overall Thomas –but that didn't mind I wasn't going to be careful.

*

He definitely noticed my strange behavior, because he seemed really eager to make sure I was comfortable and that he didn't do anything to bother me.

Turns out he finally walked me to my classroom, A5, but we found a little surprise when we made it there.

"Where were you?!" It Thomas, of course "Minho said he didn't see you come back to class. Are you ditching class, Y/N?"

Oh, please, so dramatic! First of all, he wasn't my brother even if he loved to act like it. And second of all, I just skipped a shuck hour; it's not the end of the world!

Shuck? Well, I better not tell Chuck that I'm using his weird slang words, he'll be nickering me about it for a whole week.

Realizing Thomas awaited my response, I prepared to answer even if I had no idea what to say to that.

"No, she wasn't" Newt heavily leaned his arm over my shoulder, pushing his weight slightly over me. "I wasn't feeling so good and she offered to take me outside to get some fresh air"

Surprised, I glanced at Newt, who was pretending to feel dizzy and unstable.

That was really sweet of Newt. He had seen how protective Thomas was of me and just wanted to help. But I didn't know if Thomas realized: Newt's voice cracked as he lied.

By the look on his face, he noticed. Still, he didn't say a word about it.

"Fine" His expression softened as he looked us over. "But go to class now"

"Yes, mom" I rolled my eyes as I came into the classroom and braced myself for a whole hour in which I would be barely able to get anything.

"Your sister is really nice" I heard Newt saying as they walked away.

It was one of those rare occasions in which you hear Thomas laughing.

Newt had been thinking Thomas was my brother all along? Well, he acted like that for sure and we hadn't really told him otherwise, so...

The professor came into the classroom and started the class immediately after. As I imagined, I couldn't focus on anything he said, or even on the words he wrote on the whiteboard.

Nevertheless, Newt had been some short of getaway from all the worries I had been lately holding onto. His presence always made me forget about everything.

He didn't only ask me to get away from class for a while, but also to get away from the things that weighed me down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 13 11
You wake up, the only girl in a place full of boys. You think you are one of them until you remember the things you've done in your past life...
22.4K 206 13
Basically just another book full of short Newt imagines. I hope you enjoy. :D
4.3K 490 51
Lies. Fear. Regret. Decisions. Spilled coffee. Can you ever really fix something broken?
3.3K 80 24
>>A disease which defined the fate of humanity, right down to the broken soldiers we've all come to love<<