The World's Greatest Detectiv...

By Electropop777

You are the world's greatest detective, even above L. Your abilities were only reserved if the world was to h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
authors note
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
I have been tagged... three times
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors Note: Super Important Please Read
Chapter 18
COVER CONTEST!!!!
Chapter 19
Cover Winner!!!!
Chapter 20
Beebo B-day!!!
Chapter 21
Fourth of July!
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 14

4.6K 160 123
By Electropop777

(Y/n) P.O.V

My world was crumbling apart. My only 'friend' was a fraud, a fake, an imposter. And on top of that, she got killed, no ruthlessly murdered, by a filthy criminal that no one can find! My boyfriend said that she was watching over me, betraying me. I trusted her with my life but she gave my secrets away to these people, these filthy rats.
I cleared my throat," Ryuzaki, how long did you know?"
"Ever since the tapes from the second KIRA came in. But we had so much work to do, I-"
"Why? Why didn't you tell me? I thought we were supposed to trust each other!" I said, my voice steadily rising. L cowered back in fear. "Ryuzaki, I don't think I can be in a relationship where my boyfriend isn't truthful and has secrets. I realize that this is a touchy subject to come out and say especially while dealing with a major case, but you could have at least told me. I'm sorry, but I think I need time away from this." I hissed gesturing to us, while tears gathered in my eyes. L looked broken, his eyes now dull.
"But Ms. Ukine, if I had told you, you would have wanted to see the body and the killer could have still been around. It wasn't safe, you could have died." He mumbled, a few stray tears falling from his eyes.
"WELL YOU STILL SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME!!"I shouted, the salty fluid now freely flowing down my face while L was bawling his eyes out.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" He cried, his voice cracking. It took all of my will power not to hug him.
"I'm not. It's over. You know what? I'm pretty sure you NEVER loved me! I'm pretty sure that Camille told you everything I liked so that you could charm me! I hate you!" I scream and storm down to my room, and cry as I hear L's cries above me.
How could he? L should have told me! Not only about her death but her watching me! Do they not trust me? I don't need someone to watch over me! I can handle myself! I didn't and don't need anyone!

L's P.O.V

I cry, calling her name repeatedly, hoping she would come back, with no avail. I curl up into a ball and sob.
What happened? One minute she was other half, my life, my happiness; and the next she's a storm of pain and misery, ripping away my heart and leaving me to die. She left me, she left me all because I didn't tell her about her friend. I shouldn't have kept that a secret, I mean, I tried! But then I got to know her, and she was this angel who made my dull life bright again. She illuminated my soul and became my first best friend and then my first significant other! So how was I supposed to present the fact that her friend was all a lie ordered by me? I suppose a walk would do me good in a time like this.
I sigh and get up, my eyes still puffy red as tears continuously fall from my eyes. I tilt my head down so my bangs cover my depression. I leave the building and walk down the road as I contemplate my mistakes.

Your P.O.V
I slide my body against the door, crying.
No stay strong (y/n), I can do this.
Although talking to yourself may seem crazy, it really calmed me down, and I decided why not do another song?
The task force and him are upstairs, telling Light and Matsuda what to say and look out for, so I do have time for a song!
I push off the door, wipe away my tears and begin brainstorming the lyrics for a new song. The music just flowed throughout me engulfing my sences in the tone of the song. When I had finished laying the music I checked my watch.
It's 12:27! I only played for half an hour?!
I smiled for the first time in... forever? The past couple of days have been pretty rough. I get my equipment ready and I play the music.
-play the music now!!-
I am wide awake
And I'm standing tall
Up against the world
Up against the wall

Between the love and hate
They can hardly wait
To watch the hero fall

You could give me hell
You could give me death
Break before I bend
I will have revenge

Fire through my veins
I will fan the flames
Until my dying breath

'Cause I will never go down
Any other way (way)
I will never go down
Any other way (way)

Gasoline pumping through my veins
Dancing on top of the flames

I will never go down
Any other way (way)
I will never go down
Any other way

Feel the poison now
Slipping through my skin
I'm not giving up
But I'm giving in

To my darker side
To my every sin
So I can fight again

You could give me hell
You could give me death
Break before I bend
I will have revenge

Fire through my veins
I will fan the flames
Until my dying breath

'Cause I will never go down
Any other way (way)
I will never go down
Any other way (way)

Gasoline pumping through my veins
Dancing on top of the flames

I will never go down
Any other way (way)
I will never go down
Any other way

Woah oh oh
Ohh oh oh
Woah oh oh
Ohhh

Any other way

Woah oh oh
Ohh oh oh
Woah oh oh
Ohhh

'Cause I will never go down
Any other way
I will never go down
Any other way

I will never go down
Any other way (way)
I will never go down
Any other way (way)

Gasoline pumping through my veins
Dancing on top of the flames

'Cause I will never go down
Any other way
I will never go down
Any other way

'Cause I will never go down
Any other way
I will never go down
Any other way

Gasoline pumping through my veins
Dancing on top of the flames

I will never go down
Any other way
Any other way

Woah oh oh
Ohh oh oh
Woah oh oh
Ohhh

Woah oh oh
Ohh oh oh
Woah oh oh
Ohhh

Woah oh oh
Ohh oh oh
Woah oh oh
Ohhh

Woah oh oh
Ohh oh oh
Woah oh oh
Ohhh
------------------------

I sigh, sitting down at my computer to attach the file, but before I could, my phone rang. No- my private number rang.
Shit.

L's P.O.V
I walked along the cement path, looking at the scenery and the happy families that mocked me, while kicking the occasional rock. With depression as my copilot, I wasn't paying attention to anything, just thinking about (y/n) and what I had done. Her words haunting me,'I hate you!'.
For once in my life, I liked someone and they liked me back, I finally had a life! And because of me she left, because of me-
My thoughts were stopped short as a bag was pulled over my head.
It's a rice bag, meaning that these people are poor. But what connection do they have with me? Could they have found out? Or are they in some relation with Mrs. (Y/n)?
I felt my body hit the hard flooring of the trunk of a car and the sound of an old engine running as I was being driven farther away from headquarters. The car suddenly stopped as I was dragged out of the car to an unknown location. The noise of rusty door hinges could be heard as they heaved my body inside. I was then shoved into something, most likely a wooden chair, as they roughly tied my hands behind my back.
"WHAT IS HER PHONE NUMBER?!" One of the kidnappers asked. I was terrified, but kept a calm facade.
"Who's phone number?" I asked, taunting their stupidity of not telling me who they are asking about.
"THE GIRL! THE ONE THAT USED TO WORK AT THE COFFEE SHOP! THE ONE THAT YOU HUGGED? SHE WORKS AGAINST KIRA AND WE NEED TO TEACH HER A LESSON!!" A new grunt asked, for his voice was lower and he was closer to me, so close, his saliva landed on my face.
So they are referring to (y/n)... are they stalkers? No, they like KIRA, so they watched her. (Y/n) must have told Cat Milk on working on the KIRA case... then they saw me hug her, so they must think we are in a relationship. Well they're not that far off, we were in a relationship...
"I'm sorry I don't know who you are talking about." I say, putting on a very innocent looking face underneath the sack, but it's not like anyone can see.
Very suddenly I felt a strong object being slammed against my stomach. It was a fist. I coughed and winced in pain.
"SEARCH HIM!" The fist voice commanded as I felt hand dig into my jean's pockets. They pulled something out. My phone. I forgot it was there, I hate cell phones, they are so loud and obnoxious, so it's always on silent. They flip it open (remember this anime was set in the 2000's so a flip phone is the newest phone ), and go down my recent calls, unfortunately my most recent call was from mrs. (Y/n) when she discovered Cat Milk has died.
"Boss! Try the first number!" A grunt said, earning him a smack on the head.
"Shut up! I am, I am!" The 'boss' said, as he called (y/n)'s cell phone.

A short, quick, little author's note:
Hey guys, if you voted, commented, or even just enjoyed this chapter, please go check out my lovely editor's page and give her a follow at: arimuffin24 !! Her book is amazing and I highly recommend it. Thanks! Author-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7.2K 56
Kira was a very intelligent killer in Japan. L was the best detective the world has ever known. But did anyone know about the woman behind the scenes...
437K 12.9K 27
F/N L/N is just like L, she is an enigma. She is one of the most powerful detectives in the world, she is known as M, and no one knows her real name...
15.5K 664 25
**COMPLETED** In an Alternate Universe where the Death Note never comes to the human world, agent Naomi Misora is contacted by L- the world's greate...
421K 17.6K 43
'A' is the best undercover agent/cop in the world, known for her unique and useful set of skills. Nothing is known about her beside her gender, there...