Dangers Back (sequel to "Dang...

By irwinwho

"Danger's back and he's more dangerous than ever." All Rights Go To JileyOverboard More

Dangers Back (sequel to "Danger")
"Can't stay eighteen forever-"
I'll never leave you.
"I'll take my chances."
"I'm going to protect you,"
"I thought I'd pay my old pal a visit."
"And now I have you all to myself."
She was my everything.
"Everything is broken..."
"Don't be mad at me."
"Watch it, Bieber."
"You don't want me to go?"
"You're better off without me."
"I have a boyfriend,"
"My main priority is you--"
"Things are going to start changing around here,"
Where the hell is my boyfriend?
"It's crazy to think about how much you've become a part of my life."
"I don't want to feel like this anymore,"
"They didn't believe in you but I did."
"You're still a dead man,"
"I owe you big time."
"I should've let you go when I had the chance."
"Don't fight me on this."
"I'm so going to hell for this,"
"You're a piece of work, you know that?"
"I needed tonight to be special,"
"You've gone off the deep end man."
And that's when all hell broke loose.
"You shouldn't be here,"
"Are you trying to get yourself killed?"
"What the fuck do you mean she's not picking up?"
"What if this is a trap?"
"--how much is your girlfriend worth to you?"
"It wasn't your fault."
"And now I'm just about done with you."
"I'll make you forget."
"She's going to get him killed you know,"
"Do you even know what the fuck you've done?!"
"You're my world you know that?"
"Jealousy is quite the sexy color on you."
"I have it all under control."
"-the past is repeating itself."
"and I'm choosing to let it go."
"She's never going to forgive you for this,"
"I can't live without you,"
"I just want us to be okay,"
"No job goes unfinished,"
"She's not the same person,"
"You deserve the world even if I'm not in it."
"You'll survive without me,"
"I just want my life back."
Danger's Back 2

"you ruined everything."

11.5K 133 210
By irwinwho

From inside the interrogation room, Justin scrunched his face, brows furrowing together in confusion as he spotted Kelsey through the window talking to Bruce. She looked upset like the wind had been knocked out of her, a frown tugging on her lips causing his heart strings to pull violently.

But his concern was short lived when the door to his left was opened, a body stepping through that immediately made all the hairs on Justin’s arms stand, a growl emitting from deep within.

“Calm down Tiger, I don’t want to be here just as much as you do,” Sanchez spoke in a gruff voice, an expression of utter disgust adorning his face. Taking the seat across from Justin, he grabbed the back of the chair, pulling it back as it scraped against the floors. Ignoring the piercing screech it produced, Sanchez plopped himself down, throwing a folder alongside a recorder down on top of the table.

“What the fuck do you want?” Justin spat, nothing but pure hatred swirling in the depths of his hazel irises.

“Watch your tone or I will have you thrown in a cell for the night and we can continue this conversation tomorrow,” Sanchez warned, his lips pulled back, teeth shown like an animal on attack.

Fighting the urge to roll his eyes, Justin leaned back in his chair, his jaw locked tight, “well,” he gestured towards Sanchez, “get on with it then. The sooner you get out of my face, the better.”

“You know for someone whose life is on the line right now, you’d think you would’ve learned how to control yourself,” he hissed angrily, feeling himself losing patience the longer he sat in Justin’s presence.

“You know for someone who’s annoying as fuck, you’d think you would’ve learned how not to be annoying as fuck,” Justin countered sharply.

“Keep this up and I’ll have you serving time by the end of the week,” Sanchez stood to his full length now, towering over Justin as he sat staring up at him with nothing but amusement dancing in his eyes.

“You’re pathetic,” Justin laughed, “look at you—you’re still so caught up on the past, you jump at any chance to throw me in jail. Guess what buddy? I’m not going anywhere, so take a seat and cut the superior shit because it didn’t work on me then and it’s not going to work on me now.”

“So naïve,” he laughed bitterly, “you never learn, do you?” Shaking his head, he shifted closer to Justin while leaning into the palms of his hands. “Do you know what this means Justin?” Sanchez gestured all around him, “the arrest, interrogation, staying the night just to get released on bail several hours later only for you to be brought back on different charges?” he paused for affect to let the words spoken sink in thoroughly before continuing, “it means that justice will notbe served until you’re finally rotting away in a cell where you belong.”

Standing up, despite his hands bound together with cuffs, Justin cocked his head to the side, “no, Sanchez, I don’t thinkyou know what this means,” he grinned wickedly, “I’m not going anywhere. Stratford’s mine baby, it’s under my control and you hate that, don’t you? That a sixteen year old managed to pull it right from under your nose and now, here I am, six years later and it’s still mine. I may have served time before but you’re sadly mistaken if you think you’re going to get any more out of me.”

“Oh, I don’t need to do anything to ensure that, Mr. Bieber.” Sanchez raised his eyebrow knowingly, “you’re doing it all by yourself.” Smiling as if he knew something Justin didn’t, Sanchez held down a button on the recorder, pulling it up to his lips, “end.”

“What the fuck is that?” Justin spat angrily though the moment his eyes rested on the device, they widened in realization.

“You admitted your continuation with gang affiliation therefore tonight’s attack can and will be charged as a retaliation effort.”

“You can’t fucking do that!” Justin threw his chair back now, the anger in him rising.

“Fuck you!” Justin screamed, the veins in his neck bulging as he pounced forwards, grabbing Sanchez by the neck and slamming him down on the table only to have the door thrown open, several officers stepping inside to handle the situation.

Pulling Justin off, Sanchez brushed himself down, rubbing away the redness now inking his skin, “attacking the district attorney,” he scoffed, adjusting his tie, “you’re on a roll tonight.”

“Go to hell you little piece of shit!” Justin fought against the officers, wanting to kill Sanchez right then and there, knowing he had nothing to lose at this point.

“I would but it looks like they reserved a special place for you,” he spat before grabbing his belongings once more, “it won’t be long before the feds are here to collect you. It was nice doing business with you Bieber.”

Fighting back the urge to scream, Justin watched as he disappeared out of sight before being escorted out of the room and out into the waiting cells.

“What’s going on?” Kelsey gasped, her hands flying to her mouth in shock as she turned on her heels, facing the guys, “what’s happening?”

“I don’t know,” Bruce held the back of his neck as he watched Justin being taken away as he noticed the proud look on Sanchez’s face. “Fucking hell,” he muttered under his breath, before turning to them, “wait here.” Walking after him, Bruce grabbed Sanchez by the arm. “What the hell do you have planned?”

“Nothing that is of your concern,” Shoving Bruce off of him, Sanchez straightened his posture, “so I suggest you never touch me again unless you want to end up in a cell next to his.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Bruce growled, “You have nothing on him!”

“He beat a man to a pulp with his bare hands on private property and then revealed quite a bit of information. If you think that’s nothing, you are sadly mistaken. Now, if you don’t mind, I have some business to take care of. Visiting hours will be over by the end of the night so I’d get my goodbyes ready.”

Watching as he walked around the corner, Bruce cursed endlessly under his breath, aching to punch something—anything.

This couldn’t be happening, not now, not like this… not with him acting this way. “Fuck,” Clasping the back of his head in the palms of his hands he tipped it back, blowing out a strong breath of air before whirling around on his heels, seeing red.

“This is all your fault,” Bruce spat heavily, his eyes on Kelsey’s small body who looked up at him with wide eyes, not being able to believe her ears.

“Excuse me?”

“If we would’ve just gotten rid of you when we had the chance, none of this would’ve happened! But he saw something in you, God knows fucking what and now look at where we ended up today!”

“Bruce,” John began, shaking his head vigorously, “stop it.”

“Fuck off!” he yelled, earning a good amount of attention from the officers and guests surrounding him but he didn’t care. Not when he didn’t have much to lose anymore.

“I think you should take a breather man and relax,” Marco took a step forward but Bruce took one back, his eyes wild, untamed.

“What is it with you all taking after her pathetic ass?” Bruce gestured towards Kelsey, a look of disbelief crossing his eyes, “I made you guys, not her! Igave you a name in this shitty little town, not her! I gave you a home, NOT HER! I FUCKING BUILT EVERYTHING AND SHE’S TEARING IT APART!”

Opening her mouth to say something, Kelsey felt as if her life was crumbling underneath her feet, “I—I’m sorry,” she choked out, not knowing what else to say. Tears burned the rims of her lids, threatening to fall over.

“Sorry won’t fix this, nothing will!” Bruce roared, silencing any more words to come out of her mouth. “You ruined everything. You came in and turned all our lives upside down. You burned us all to the ground just because we were all concerned about your well-being!”

“You think I wanted this?” Kelsey questioned quietly, “You think I asked to be involved in all this?”

“Then why are you?” Bruce shot back heatedly.

“Because I love him!” With her mouth hung open and tears now spilling down her cheeks, Kelsey felt her chest cave in from the amount of hatred behind his words. “I never meant to hurt you guys…” She whispered sadly, her breathing coming out ragged.

“Too late sweetheart because you already did and now Justin’s getting sent back to prison because you couldn’t keep away from that stupid son of a bitch!”

Freezing under his strong gaze, Kelsey rapidly shook her head, “no… no! No, he isn’t. What are you talking about?”

“Justin’s being taken tonight. Apparently he let out a bit of information. Throw in his attack against the useless bastard that you can’t keep away from and we’ve got a case—damn it,” Bruce sucked in a sharp breath between his teeth, “I told him you’d be the one to ruin him and I was right.”

“No,” Kelsey stood her ground, her eyes determined to get to the bottom of this, “you’re lying!”

“About you being the worst thing that could’ve happened to him or the fact that you won’t be seeing your fiancé for more than just three years?” With his head cocked to the side in a mocking manner, Bruce raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

With her bottom lip quivering, Kelsey curled her hands into fists before lunging at him, slamming them against his chest as hard as she could, “you’re a liar! A stupid, pathetic liar! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you…” She screamed repeatedly, her cheeks red from the hotness engulfing her body along with the sadness and anger she felt inside.

“You can’t hate me all you want, it won’t change the facts.”

“Shut up!” Kelsey barked but Bruce chose to ignore her.

“You’re a curse, a God forsaken curse left on us,” He continued, not even affected by her hands on him but instead, amused by her attempt to hurt him.

“No,” Kelsey glared, putting more force behind her attacks but all it did was make the bitter laughter to escape from Bruce’s lips, his eyes dancing with wicked humor, “you did this on your own.”

“Pathetic,” he spat disgusted before grabbing her around the wrists just as John hurried over, taking her around the waist and trying to pull her away but she wouldn’t have it.

Kicking her legs in every direction, she clawed at John’s arms to let her go, “put me down!” She screamed, her body feeling as though it were on fire but she didn’t care. All she wanted was for Bruce to take back all the horrible things he said.

“Get this bitch out of my fa—”

Before he had the chance to even finish his sentence, Kelsey pulled her hand back, slapping him across the face, taking them all by surprise.

Holding his cheek, Bruce rubbed at the stinging skin, a vicious smile accompanying his lips, his eyes darkening “you want to try that again?”

Just as Kelsey made a move to hit him once more, John pulled her around in the other direction, “oh no you don’t. I think it’s time we all calm the fuck down before we all lose our shit tonight.”

“Let go of me,” She cried out, “let go!” Kicking John in the shin, he cursed out loud, letting her go momentarily at the sudden pain that shot up his leg.

“Kelsey!” Carly begged, walking over to her now as she held her by the shoulders, “breathe babe, calm down…”

Looking into Carly’s eyes, Kelsey felt as if the entire room was closing in on her and she didn’t know what to do. With her bottom lip quivering, Kelsey shook underneath Carly’s fingertips, a cry of help escaping her lips, “it’s closing on me Carly, I can’t—I can’t breathe.”

With his mouth hung open, Marco took a step towards her, “fucks sake, Bruce! What the fuck did you do?!”

Standing there with a blank expression, Bruce waved it off, “oh, please, can’t you tell this is all an act?”

“Are you kidding me?” Marco barked angrily, “look at her!” he pointed.

“Hey, hey, take a deep breath… breathe in and out, it’s just you and me, look at me Kelsey,” Carly cooed softly, trying to get her attention but her eyes were distant—lost even. Her body was there but her mind was elsewhere.

“What’s happening?” Marcus asked, worried now as he took in Kelsey’s disheveled nature. She looked as if she’d seen a ghost and was beginning to sweat.

“She’s having a panic attack,” Carly squealed, “oh my God, she’s having a panic attack,” looking all around for something to help her, she knew the only person who could possibly take her out of this trance was not only unstable at the moment but held under confinement.

Gasping for air, Kelsey clutched at her chest, falling to her knees as she tugged at the hem of her t-shirt, wanting to get rid of it, “air—I need air.”

“You can cut the bullshit, Kelsey,” Bruce scoffed annoyingly though the hidden concern was clear in the way he took a step towards her to get a better look.

“This is not a joke!” Carly screamed before turning her attention back to Kelsey though it never left her in the first place. “Okay babe, okay, just stay with me, I need you to stay with me, okay?” Tapping her cheeks just as her eyes starting to fall to the back of her head, Carly pinched at Kelsey’s cheeks, wanting to liven her up as much as she could but she knew there was only a matter of time before she passed out.

“John!” Carly called only for him to arrive seconds later, his arms already encircling around Kelsey’s waist and underneath her knees as he held her against his chest, hurrying out of the building and into the cold air.

“Put her down here,” pointing over to a bench just a few feet away, John did as he was told before taking a hesitant step back, ready to grab her if she fell over.

“Is she okay?” Looking around for the source of who was speaking, everyone was stunned to see Officer Bentley standing there, not even realizing that he had followed them out. “Do you need anything?”

“She should be,” Pushing her hair back, Carly turned her attention to Kelsey, “some water would be great.”

Nodding, he disappeared inside to retrieve it.

“Kelsey, take in the air babe, take it in and look up at the sky, can you do that for me?” Carly spoke as if she were talking to a kid, wanting to get through to her as fast as possible.

“Here you go,” Bentley said softly as he handed Carly the plastic cup filled near the brim with fluids.

“Thank you,” she breathed out silently, watching as he looked at Kelsey with concern.

“Is she going to be alright?”

“I hope so,” Carly revealed gently before looking at him, “having Justin right now would do us a lot of good, you know.”

“I’ll try my best...” he paused, recollecting his thoughts, “but I can’t guarantee I can do much. I don’t have the final say on what happens.”

Understanding that he was in a tough position, Carly sighed heavily, “well, thanks for your help anyways.”

Wordlessly taking this as his time to leave, he turned on the heels of his shoes, going back inside the building he knew as to be hell right now.

Closing her eyes, Kelsey took a deep breath through her nose while parting her lips and doing the same from that end before tipping her head back and fluttering her lids open to see the stars blanketing the night sky.

“So pretty…” she mumbled hazily, her body swaying with the wind. “I want to be a star…” cocking her head to the side, Kelsey pointed a finger, playing connect the dots with the stars, “they’re put in the sky to shine down on us and give us the light we need to see at night though their beauty is hidden by the darkness that envelopes them. I want the darkness to take me away Carly…”

“You don’t want that babe, don’t talk like that…” Carly felt her throat close in at the way in which Kelsey was acting.

Absentmindedly touching the star pendant that hung from the chain around her neck, Kelsey’s eyes filled with tears, not even bothering to blink them back, “he said I was his star… maybe he was right.”

“Who was?”

“I’m the darkness that surrounds him, Carly.”

“What are you talking about Kelsey?” She whispered, getting worried.

“I’m the star in Justin’s life,” Kelsey murmured quietly, “I bring the light but I also bring the darkness. I can’t balance it out… not when it comes to him.”

Seeing the vulnerability for the first time, Bruce felt as though knives were piercing through every inch of his skin. “I didn’t mean it…” he said softly, “I was just… angry.”

Looking at him, Kelsey smiled a bit through her tears though it didn’t quite meet her eyes, “you don’t have to lie to make me feel better. I know I’m a mistake… that night was a mistake. I never should’ve gone to that party,” choking back her sobs, Kelsey looked at Carly, “why’d you make me go?”

“Kelsey…” Carly looked at a loss for words, not knowing what to say, her hands shaking slightly.

“Why?” Kelsey sudden sat up on the bench, her eyes burning, “I was fine at home; I could’ve survived one more night alone. You didn’t have to make me go!” Her small fists came down against the wood, rattling it a bit.

“Stop it, Kelsey, you don’t mean that…”

“I do,” Kelsey nodded though she knew deep down inside, she was lying. “Life would’ve been better for the both of us, if I just would’ve stayed away.”

“That’s not true! You saved him when no one else could!” Carly desperately tried to get inside Kelsey’s head to remove the demons trying to take control. “We both found someone we could spend the rest of our lives with!”

“No,” Kelsey moaned as if she were in physical pain, “I was a burden, I still am… all I ever did was get him into trouble.”

“You kept him out of it!”

“He wouldn’t be here right now if I just would’ve listened to him. He wouldn’t be going to jail again… maybe Bruce is right,” she looked up at the stars once more, “maybe I am a curse to him.”

“Oh, babe… you’re so much more than that…” Carly choked out, heartbroken. “If you just quit listening to everyone else you’d see that you’ve become more of a blessing to that boy than any of us would like to admit.”

“You’ve done more good than harm and it takes a lot of courage to go through what you do every day.” Marco added, “You stuck by us every step of the way, through thick and thin. You’re exactly what he needed and continues to need in his life.”

“You’re good for each other; you keep one another balanced…” Carly continued, “If he didn’t have you—”

“He would’ve been dead or in jail a long time ago,” John murmured gently as he finished the thought Carly had begun. “He loves you… he’s just…” searching for the right words, John sighed heavily, “lost at the moment.”

“Love doesn’t exist. It’s all a myth, a make believe thing.” Kelsey muttered her heart hurting just by saying that.

“You love him more than anything—”

“Then how come I keep ruining everything?” Kelsey looked up at her. “How come every time something good happens, something bad comes after?”

Crouching down in front of her as she took her hands in her own, Carly looked up into Kelsey’s eyes, “we can’t control every outcome of our lives. Sometimes it’s better that we get rid of the bad now, so that we could have the good.”

Biting her lip, Kelsey fought against the tears that fell, “I don’t want him to leave me again…” Kelsey choked back on a sob, “don’t let them take him away from me, Carly. Please.”

“I won’t babe, we’ll get him out of this, okay? He won’t go anywhere but home.”

Wiping her cheeks, Kelsey nodded as she stood up, brushing herself off. Reaching for Carly’s hand, she gave it a light squeeze, one in which she returned before they both turned in sync towards the entrance of the building.

“You ready to go back in?”

“With you by my side, I’m ready for anything,” smiling through the sadness that radiated within her, Kelsey followed Carly’s lead past the guys and into the police department where a scene of complete chaos was seen going on in the interrogation room.

“Who’s in there?” John asked as he made his way in front of the girls, trying to get a better look inside in hopes that it wasn’t Justin.

“Looks like it’s some blonde kid,” Marco furrowed his eyebrows, “wait,” he peered in closer, “isn’t it that Tanner guy?”

At the mention of his name, Kelsey’s ears perked, suddenly interested, “what? What’s he doing in there?”

“Fuck, he looks like road kill,” Marcus muttered in what seemed like surprise though he wasn’t at all taken back that Justin could do so much damage.

“He doesn’t seem too pleased to be in the same room as Sanchez that should be a good thing, right?” John looked at the guys for their input.

Shrugging, Bruce stuffed his hands in his pockets, “for all we know, they could be plotting our murders and disagreeing on how they’d like to bury us.”

Laughing despite the situation, Marco shook his head, “I doubt any one of them are capable of that.”

“True,”

“Tanner Evans was brought in for questioning after his visit in the hospital,” Officer Bentley made his way next to them, “tried to do it in the hospital but orders were to bring him in.”

“Why? He had no part in this, if anything, he would be considered the victim.”

“Considered? He is the victim,” Bentley grumbled. “He could’ve been killed tonight. He’s lucky to even be alive.”

“Don’t be so dramatic,” Marco rolled his eyes, “he’s fine and he’s breathing. Maybe next time he should stay out of the way and things like this wouldn’t happen.”

“Whatever grudge you have against him, you might want to hold back on for now. That boy might actually save you all from ending up in prison.” Upon hearing his name, Bentley turned to face one of his many partners in the field. Nodding at whatever he said Bentley looked at the boys, “try to keep out of trouble.” He warned though he knew there was a very slim chance of that happening before departing.

Before Bruce had the chance to even question what he meant about Tanner helping them, he was shoved causing him to snap out of it. “What the hell?”

“He’s coming out!” Marcus pointed just as Sanchez pushed the chair he was sitting in back, spluttering a few words here and there though they didn’t see much more once they all scurried back over to their original spot near the desk towards the right.

Appearing casual as if none of them had heard or seen a thing, Marco picked up a picture frame, examining the family portrait when the officer came over, snatching it away from him, “what the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Is that your wife?” Marco pointed at the female smiling brightly at the camera, her arm wrapped around the officer standing before him, “she’s fit.” Making a gesture with his fingers suggestively saying ‘okay’, Marco winked before chuckling; avoiding the glare he received in return.

Expecting Sanchez to make an appearance, they were almost relieved to see Tanner instead. He walked out with a limp, his face busted with a huge bruise covering his right eye, his nose discolored to be broken and stitched at the top. His bottom lip bigger than his top with a cut at the corner, several red blotches of his own blood staining his clothes.

Parting her lips, Kelsey hurried over to him, not being able to believe the damage her fiancé had done. “Oh my God,” she slapped a hand over her mouth, feeling her stomach churn painfully, “did he do this to you?”

“I’m okay,” he grumbled through the pain, smiling down at her despite it all, “really, he just hit me a couple times, his foot managing to find my mouth a couple times but nothing’s broken… except for my nose.”

“Are you kidding me? You look like Rocky beat the living crap out of you while a pack of lions attacked your face,” Marco laughed loudly, his hand coming down hard on his knee as he looked at all those around him for approval at his joke.

But when everyone stared blankly, he scowled, arms crossed against his chest, “Alec would’ve laughed.”

“She probably would have slapped you,” Carly snapped, “now shut up.”

“This is all my fault,” Kelsey felt her heart sink, “I never should’ve gone against him. If I just would’ve…”

“Hey, we’re just friends… it was never that serious. He’s your boyfri—fiancé,” he grinned despite the pain in his mouth, “he had every right to be… cautious though I really gotta hand it to him. He sure has one mean right hook.”

“This isn’t funny, Tanner. He could’ve killed you…” Frowning, Kelsey reached forwards, her fingers brushing against the stitch on his nose, a quiet sigh escaping through her parted lips.

Sharing a look amongst themselves, Carly swallowed hard, squeezing John’s hand as it wound around her, pulling her in close as she laid her cheek against his shoulder.

Grabbing her hand, Tanner pulled it down from his face, “But he didn’t. Seriously, don’t overreact, I’m fine. You know I wouldn’t lie to you.”

“Yeah…” Kelsey felt a pang of hurt ring through her, “I know.”

“Besides, I’d take a beating from Justin any day over being in the same room as that douchebag over there,” thumbing behind him in Sanchez’s direction, Bruce suddenly became alert, walking towards him and Kelsey.

“What did he say?”

Looking over, Tanner shrugged, “he asked me if I’d go along with this bizarre story that he came up with.”

“What story?” Bruce countered.

“Something about the only reason Justin came after me was for some retaliation bullshit? I don’t know but I told them the truth that he came after me for his own reasons. He seemed pretty desperate though.”

“So he has no case?”

“Not that I know of. I mean, he played me some sort of tape but it didn’t seem like anything he could use. Apparently without my testimony backing him up, he’s got nothing.”

“That’s why he’s pissed?” Bruce gestured with his chin in the direction of the interrogation room.

“I guess so. He also didn’t seem too relieved that I didn’t press any charges.”

“Wait, what?”

“I didn’t press any charges?” Tanner repeated himself in question, wondering if he could’ve possibly said something wrong.

“Why not? This would’ve been the perfect opportunity to put him behind bars.”

“I may not be Justin’s favorite person right now—or ever but that doesn’t mean I got anything against him. Sure, he’s got some anger issues he needs to work out but that’s his problem, not mine. Plus, I couldn’t do that to Kelsey.”

Humming in response, Bruce narrowed his eyes, not entirely believing him but then Bentley’s words from before rang endlessly in his ears, that boy might actually save you all from ending up in prison… “So you don’t want anything in return?”

“I mean, I’d love to go home and shower the dirt off my skin but other than that, no.” He shrugged with laughter dancing in his eyes.

Chuckling despite the tension, Bruce patted his back, “alright, thanks man. I appreciate it—we all do.”

“It’s no problem. I hope you guys work it out,” Turning to Kelsey, he leaned down, hugging her quickly, “I’ll see you around… or not, whatever you decide I guess.”

“Just a heads up, if you manage to piss him off some more, there won’t be telling what’ll happen. Take this as a warning or maybe even a blessing that he’s kept you alive this long—stay away.”

“I know,” Smiling softly, he left not long after saying his goodbyes to Carly as well.

Whirling around just in time to see Sanchez make his way out of the room with a look of exasperation, Bruce stood with his shoulders back, arms crossed against his broad chest, “looks like your little plan failed. Can I have Justin now so we can go home?”

With his eyes narrowed, Sanchez slammed the door shut behind him, “he’s not leaving yet until I say so. Don’t get too ahead of yourself; he has yet to make a statement on what happened therefore, he will be held accordingly.”

“That’s bullshit! What else could you possibly need? Bail money? I already talked to Tanner; he said he didn’t press any charges so I don’t see why you need anything anymore.”

“In order to set him free, we need solid proof that both sides of the stories match. Don’t think I haven’t grown accustomed to the games you all like to play. This way, I will know for sure that the story wasn’t twisted around to help him out of this mess. If the stories match, timeframe and everything, he’s let out no harm, no fail but if he fails to do so then,” Shrugging, he grinned mischievously though Bruce could see that he was lacking his usual cocky aurora. He had nothing on Justin but wanted to drag this out as long as possible just to make them all suffer.

Turning towards the room to see that Justin was sitting there with his eyes staring hard at his cuffed hands on the table, Kelsey held her breath just as she met Bruce’s eyes. “Did he just come out?”

“I don’t know,” Bruce confirmed quietly, eyes wary as he stared inside the window, trying to read what could possibly be going through his head.

Swallowing hard, she nodded, following Bruce’s gaze before clearing her throat, “you think I could, uhm, talk to him for a bit?”

Licking his lips, Bruce looked at her, “I really don’t think that’s a good idea—”

“Please,” Kelsey begged, “just a few minutes…”

Taking a deep breath, he moved out of the way, “don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Chewing on the skin of her lower lip, she looked back at Carly who waved her away in reassurance before taking that as her cue and making her way into the interrogation room, closing the door softly behind her.

“Hey,” she timidly spoke while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Shuffling on her feet, she toyed around with her fingers, not knowing what else to say or do. “How are y—?”

“Why don’t you cut the shit and make this easier for yourself? Say what you have to say or get the hell out. Better yet, you could just leave because I have no mind to speak to you right now.”

“Justin—”

“As if being locked in here wasn’t bad enough, I look out to see your hands on that filths’ face. Do you ever learn or do I have to beat it into you too for you to realize what I say goes?”

“Justin…”

“Shut up!” Justin barked, “I didn’t give you permission to talk, did I?”

Opening her mouth to say something, Kelsey closed it, her shoulders falling in defeat. This definitely wasn’t going how she planned. Not that she thought they would kiss and make up in the time span of a few seconds but she was hoping to at least make some progress.

“Good girl,” he growled lowly, a cocky smirk adorning his lips as he leaned forwards, his fingers clasped together tightly, “I don’t know why I ever wasted my time on you. You never listen, you tell me one thing and then I have to find out on my own that you’ve been lying to me the whole time.”

“It was just a few texts—”

Just a few texts,” Justin humorlessly laughed, “how stupid do you think I am? How do I know you haven’t been fucking him behind my back?!”

“Justin!” Kelsey gasped, feeling her cheeks burn, not being able to believe he had the audacity to say such a thing knowing fully well she’s only ever been with him. “You’re the only guy I’ve ever been with.”

“Yeah? Well you got a funny way of showing that! For all I know while you fucked me you could’ve been swapping spit with that bastard just a few hours before.”

“You know that’s not true!” Kelsey shrieked in utter disbelief, “I would never do something like that.”

“Do I? Or is this your way of lying to me yet again? You know I can’t tell the difference with you. You’ve just become so used to lying to my face, I’m wouldn’t be surprised if this was just another ploy to get me to believe you just so you could go suck his dick after.”

“Stop it! Stop this right now,” Kelsey used the sleeves of her shirt to wipe her cheeks, “why are you being like this?”

“Like what baby?” Justin laughed sinisterly, his eyes dark.

“Like... ugh, I don’t know! But this isn’t like you… this isn’t the Justin I fell in love with!”

“Oh, please! Love is for amateurs! You think what we have is anything special? I told Jen half the things I told you, doesn’t mean I meant them nor did it stop her from cheating on me!”

Feeling her heart shatter to the ground, Kelsey held her breath, “you don’t mean that…”

“Don’t tell me what I mean or don’t mean! You don’t know me or how I’m feeling!” Justin snapped.

“I know you’re lost and confused right now and this isn’t you talking to me… this is somebody else,” Kelsey willed herself to calm down, seeing for the first time what Bruce was talking about before, knowing that she shouldn’t be taking anything said or done to heart.

“Yeah? Someone like who exactly?” Justin kicked his feet up on the table, his hands clasped behind his head.

“Who you used to be,”

“What the fuck are you saying?” Justin rolled his eyes, scoffing.

“I can see it with my own eyes…”

“Be quiet,” Justin muttered, “you have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Don’t let it take over what you’ve tried so hard to bury,” Kelsey whispered, hesitantly walking over to him.

“Don’t come hear me,” Justin sneered threateningly, “stay the fuck away.”

“You’re going to get through this…” Kelsey spoke sympathetically, not daring to back out now that she had made it this far without him throwing a fit.

Abruptly standing up from his chair, Justin grabbed Kelsey’s arm before holding her against the wall, his hands keeping her there, “I may be a little tied up at the moment,” he looked down at his hands briefly, “but that won’t stop me from killing you right here, right now so I suggest you shut the fuck up before I make you,” Justin spoke menacingly.

“You wouldn’t do that,” Kelsey shakily responded, not wanting him to get the better of her as she chanted over and over again in her head, this is not your Justin, this is somebody else…

Making a move to grab her neck, she eyed him skeptically, the beating of her heart multiplying with each passing second. “You’re going to get through this,” she added quickly but calmly, not wanting to sound terrified out of her mind though in reality, she was. “I don’t know what’s going on with you or what’s happening but you don’t have to go through this alone...”

In that moment, it was like a light had gone off inside of him and Justin had fallen silent, listening to her. Stopping himself from doing anything drastic with a look of complete helplessness, Justin took a step back, putting some space between them.

Knowing the Justin she grew to love was hidden deep down inside of him somewhere, Kelsey unsteadily reached up, knowing she was somehow getting through to him. Clasping his face so that he looked down at her, she briefly “please,” she begged. “Don’t let them win.”

“It’s too late,” Justin frowned, “they’re taking everything away from me and I’m going to have nothing to live by anymore.”

“That’s not true,” Kelsey caressed his cheeks gently, “you still have the guys…” she trailed off quietly, smoothing her thumbs over the slight stubble on his chin.

“And you?” Justin mumbled, searching her eyes for answers.

“What about me?”

“Do I still have you?” He whispered, his lips brushing against hers causing the butterflies in her stomach to erupt.

“You’ll always have me,” Kelsey said sadly without hesitation, her hands curling around to the back of his head just as he leaned down to press his lips against hers.

Gasping into the kiss, she felt as if she were floating, the softness of his lips bringing her back to the happier of times between them. Though his hands were cuffed together, it didn’t stop him from wrapping his leg around her right one and tugging her closer. Squealing from the sudden movement, Kelsey stumbled into him, her chest smacking against his as he turned his head to capture her lips in another blissful kiss, one that made her toes curl.

Running her fingers up the base of his neck and into his hair, Kelsey pulled gently while putting just as much passion, if not more, that Justin did before suddenly, a growl of what seemed like anger came from Justin’s end, forcing Kelsey to swallow it down just as he bit down on her lower lip hard.

Wincing at the sudden action, Kelsey made a move to pull away but Justin wouldn’t have it, his lips pressed down against hers hard once more, almost knocking her back into the wall, his teeth nibbling on her lips until she tasted her own blood before he began attacking her neck.

“Justin,” Kelsey pushed at his shoulders, “stop it, you’re hurting me,” she begged, her small hands not doing much as Justin backed her into a corner.

“Shut up,” he spat, biting down hard against her shoulder causing a whimper of pain to cease from within.

“Stop it!” Pushing him with all her might, Kelsey nearly fell to the floor from the lack of oxygen, holding her chest, “what’s gotten into you?”

A sick, sadistic smirk was suddenly plastered on and she couldn’t help the chills that ran down her spine because of it, “you’re mine. I had to make sure of it somehow.”

Touching the sensitive skin, Kelsey nearly winced at the discoloration he most likely left on her-a hickey, one she wasn’t too fond of, “why would you do that?”

“You want to act like a slut? You’ll get treated like one,” Justin grinned with a wink that made her skin crawl.

“I’m not a slut,” Kelsey grimaced, his words like knives.

“You got a funny way of showing it,” Justin ridiculed as he turned away from her, walking in the opposite direction.

“Why do you let this take over you? You were so close to coming back to me… don’t leave me.” Kelsey watched as Justin stopped in his tracks though he didn’t face her, “I need you back.”

“It’s too late,” Justin stared hard at the floor, “I don’t want to come back. I don’t want to feel helpless, like I can’t fend for myself anymore. I don’t want to feel powerless, weak…”

“You were never weak—”

“I was when it came to you!” Justin shouted, “I can’t think straight when I’m around you. I turn into this love sick puppy; it’s almost sickening how desperate I’ve become.”

“You are one of the strongest people I know,” She dismayed, “you’re incredible and have held your own for so many years…”

“And you ruined that for me,” Justin contradicted, “you ruined everything.”

Holding her breath, Kelsey let out a shaky sigh, “then why am I still here?”

Freezing on the spot, Justin pursed his lips, “what?”

“If I ruined everything…” She slowly began, “why am I still here? I mean, you could’ve kicked me to the curb a long time ago.”

Staring long and hard, Justin shrugged, speechless for the first time since he’s been there, “you were good in bed, what can I say?” he muttered.

“No,” Kelsey choked out, “there’s so much more to it and you know that.”

“I don’t know anything anymore,” Justin mumbled, finding himself distracted by his own thoughts.

After a few seconds of nothing being said, Kelsey broke the ice, “you want to know what I think?”

“I don’t care what you think,” Justin expectorated heavily, desperate for her to just leave the room already.

“I think you’re scared,” she continued despite what Justin wanted.

“Scared?” Justin almost laughed, “I’m not scared of anything. Don’t be ridiculous.”

“I know you’re scared of losing me…” she shrugged, “even if I happen to be this big, bad person in your life.”

“Stop talking,” Justin hissed venomously but Kelsey knew she was right and this was just the confirmation she needed.

“You’re scared that someone else might actually take your place but you know what? I don’t love Tanner. Not like I love you.”

“So you love him? Is that what you’re telling me?” Justin’s eyes hardened a fraction causing Kelsey to pause where she stood but she wouldn’t back down from him. Not anymore.

“I do,” she nodded, “but as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. He’s not the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, he’s not the one I spend every day waking up next to and going to bed with. He’s not the one I let make love to me and he’s certainly not the one whose clothes I like to wear.”

“Don’t,” Justin shook his head, “stop talking,” he repeated again.

“He’s not the one I said I do to when I was asked for your hand in marriage, he’s not the one I share my body with, he’s not the one I kiss hello and goodbye, he’s not the one who gets to see me make a fool of myself, he’s not the guy for me Justin…”

“He’s what you want!” Justin confessed out loud, his worse fears let out for her to hear causing her heart to skip a beat, “he’s what you need.”

Parting her lips in dismay, Kelsey blinked a couple of times, her insides twisting in all sorts of directions, all the emotions running through her driving her wild. “No he’s not,” she shook her head.

“He can give you so much more than I can,” Justin continued, his face now set in determination to get Kelsey to understand.

“No, he can’t.”

“He can give you a family! He can give you kids and he can give you a happy life!” Justin fell silent after he said that, the pain of the truth almost too much to bare.

“He’s not you,” Kelsey held her own, seeing the fear in his eyes, tears whelming in her own.

“I’m a monster!” Justin yelled, nothing but sadness in his eyes though he tried desperately to mask it, “I destroy everything I touch. I can’t give you a happy ending, not when mine was meant to end in tragedy!”

“Don’t say that!” Kelsey cried out, “we’ve been through this already, we can make it! If you just believe in us, we can do it!”

“No,” Justin pressed his lips together, “we can’t.”

“Why not?” Kelsey shrieked, her foot almost stomping against the ground almost like a child would but she refrained from doing so.

“Because you’re going to get me killed!” He screamed brutally and it was then that she could see it in his eyes—he had finally snapped. “Fuck,” clutching his head in his hands, Justin shook his head repeatedly, not being able to believe he actually said those words out loud.

“What?” Kelsey whispered, Bruce’s words coming back to haunt her from earlier that night, “what did you just say?”

“Everything I’ve done,” Justin seethed through clenched teeth, his eyes blazing, “every mistake I’ve made was because of you. I can’t stand the thought of anyone touching you and that in itself will be enough to throw me in jail again.”

Shaking her head, Kelsey felt as if everything around was spinning in circles.

“When I found out Tanner had been talking to you, all I could think about was how I was going to kill him. I didn’t even think of the consequences. All I knew is that I had to make him pay for double crossing me.”

“He’s just a friend, Justin. It’s not at all what you think…”

“I want him dead,” a storm began to brew within Justin’s irises, a sudden mask of indifference blocking out any emotion he was feeling inside.

“I get that you’re angry and you have every right to be, Justin but you and I both know that—” Stopping midsentence, Kelsey closed her eyes briefly, breathing out through her nose, “Forget it.”

Looking at her once she stopped, Justin felt the impatience rising within him, “finish,” he ordered, “know what?”

“You’re not gonna like what I have to say—” Kelsey fidgeted under his strong gaze.

“Well just say it anyway!” Justin snapped, “it’s never held you back bef—”

“We both know why I didn’t tell you about Tanner!” Kelsey screamed out over him.

Clenching his jaw, Justin’s eyes narrowed, “Why?”

“Because you wouldn’t accept it! Your attitude pushed us into hiding and I think you’re angry because you know this is all partly your fault!” Huffing in frustration, Kelsey ran her hands down her face to rid of the stress, almost regretting her words the second she said them.

“Tanner made himself a target, Kelsey.” Justin spoke carefully, his eyes full of uncontrollable frenzy. “I told him what would happen if he didn’t listen but he went out and did it anyways! I don’t understand what you don’t get about that. But, of course, Tanner did no wrong and you went along with it because you think everyone’s so good and nobody’s out to hurt you. Well, newsflash sweetheart, you’re going down a very dangerous path if you really think that’s going to work out for either one of you because I have and will get rid of everybody and anybody that doesn’t belong.”

“You’re not thinking clearly. If you would just hear me out—”

“I’m so tired of everyone in this town thinking they can just do what they want, whenever they want, touch what they want and they won’t suffer the consequences. The beating that son of a bitch took was just the beginning. I won’t stop until he’s buried six feet under the ground.”

“Stop talking like that and just look at me!” Kelsey cried out, scared now that Justin was talking so casually like this was normal. All she needed was to get him back again like she had before but with him acting like this, she knew there was no way she could get through to him.

“Shut the fuck up, you dumb bitch!” He bayed sharply before his attention was captured by something outside the room. Peering out the window, Justin threw his arms out in vexation, “Jean, finally! It’s about fucking time!”

Closing her eyes in defeat, Kelsey tucked her hair behind her ears, “I’ll go talk to her—”

“Just get me out of here!” Justin barked causing Kelsey to wince at the force behind his words. Nodding, she quickly walked out, spotting John waiting for her just a few feet away, concern evident on his face.

“It’s bad, isn’t it?” He mumbled, wanting to believe the inevitable but knowing the truth—Justin wasn’t getting any better.

“He’s just so… angry John,” Kelsey whispered, playing with her thumbs, “I’m afraid that you were right…”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s like he’s an entirely different person.”

“He’s just in a tough position right now,” John sighed, running his fingers through his hair, “when he gets like this it’s better that he’s at home or something—”

“No!” Kelsey shouted quickly before lowering her voice, “he can’t leave… not tonight. I’m scared for him, John. He’s thinking with his anger.”

“I know,” he nodded, “trust me, out of everyone, I know… I was thinking the same thing but if we keep him here—”

“Can we actually do that?” Her eyes widened slightly in hope, pulling her bottom lip into her mouth.

“I mean, yeah…”

“Maybe we should…” Kelsey trailed off, not being able to believe she was the one saying this. Her out of all people would’ve been the first to want him home but after their less than pleasant confrontation, she couldn’t be anywhere near him. Seeing the shock etched across John’s face, Kelsey quickly supported her decision, “I just… it’ll give him time to cool off, you know? Give him the space that he needs.”

Contemplating what she was saying, John bit the corner of his lip, “This doesn’t have to do with the fact that, perhaps, you’re afraid of him, does it?”

“No,” Kelsey looked down at her hands, “it doesn’t. He’s just out of control and nobody can get through to him. If he’s home, he’s free to do whatever he pleases and no one can stop him.”

“Yeah, this could help us out a bit if he just took the time to relax, get his thoughts together… but it can be a dangerous mix, Kelsey.” He warned gently, “he’s not okay right now and just throwing him in for the night could drive him over the edge.”

“He told me he wanted Tanner dead and the look in his eyes when he said that… John, I could feel it. He was telling me the truth… he wants him out of the picture and he will go through anyone to get the job done.”

“Fucking hell,” John rasped as he peered in through the window to see Justin pacing the floors, muttering things to himself. “Okay,” he said.

“Okay?” Kelsey questioned, unsure.

“Yeah, if anything, I’ll just come and get him if he manages to reach his limit.”

Bowing her head, Kelsey almost felt… guilty that she was going to do this but a part of her screamed that this was the best thing for all of them and their safety. Turning towards Jean who was filling out a packet of papers, Kelsey took a deep breath before making her way over.

Upon noticing a presence beside her, Jean looked up, a smile present at the sight of her, “I’ll have Justin out of here in no time,” she spoke with confidence, “they have absolutely nothing,” she made sure to call out towards the entire department, “to hold him on.”

“That won’t be necessary Jean,” Kelsey spoke quietly.

“What do you mean?” Laying her pen down, she turned a fraction in her direction, listening contently.

“I’m really worried about him… Justin is about to explode right now. He’s sitting on a lot of rage. It’s not only directed towards me but everyone else and God knows what’ll happen if he does something.” She rushed her words, eyes wide with both fear that her idea wouldn’t stick and remorse that she was even proposing it in the first place.

“What are you saying Kelsey?” Jean knitted her brows as one, confused at what she was asking of her.

“Well, you know… John and I kinda both agree that maybe it’s best if Justin sits in here overnight and cools off.”

Not being able to believe her ears, Jean laid a hand on her hip, another position at her chin as she pinched the skin, her eyes squinted in a questionable manner. “You want me to leave him in lock up?”

“Trust me, I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t think it was what’s best for him.”

Looking at the door that held Justin from the outside world and then back to Kelsey, she slowly nodded, “okay.” Taking a hesitant step back, Jean collected her things, taking her glasses off before putting them away in her briefcase. “We’ll keep in touch.”

Turning away from her, Kelsey made her way back inside the room though her conscience was telling her to stay away.

Looking up, expecting to see Jean, Justin was almost disappointed when he saw Kelsey walk in. “Where’s Jean going?” He asked as soon as he gazed out to see her exiting the building.

Opening her mouth, Kelsey thought about it for a moment, vacillating slightly, “I sent her away.”

Blinking, a few seconds passed before he parted his lips, “what do you mean you sent her away?”

“I’m trying to protect you. You are so angry that you’re planning on killing Tanner. I don’t want you to do something you regret or God forbid make that become a reality!” Kelsey strained, “John thinks that this is a good idea too—”

“So, you’re acting on John’s orders now? Doesn’t he already have a bitch to take care of, he’s adding you onto that list too?”

“NO!” Kelsey wailed out defensively, “I am not acting on anyone’s orders, he happens to agree with me—”

“Why are you taking his side on this?” Justin pushed.

“What? Justin! This isn’t about taking sides!”

Not being able to take this any longer, Justin kicked the chair he sat on not even moments before across the room as it bounced back before doing it again, this time, even harder as it slammed against the wall a foot away from Kelsey.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Kelsey curled her fingers around the sleeves of her shirt before looking over at him but before she had the chance to defend herself, Justin beat her to it.

“I just want you to leave, okay? I need to be alone.” He pointed at her and then towards the door.

Justin—”

“GET OUT!” Justin screamed at the top of his lungs, his face red from the amount of rage pent up inside of him.

Watching him with wary eyes, not knowing what else to do anymore at this point, Kelsey took this as her cue to go. Taking a few short steps back, she opened the door though not before taking a look back at him. “I love you,” she murmured quietly.

Looking at her, Justin didn’t say anything as he sneered, a look of complete and utter betrayal present before settling his attention on the tiles walls surrounding him instead.

Slouching in defeat, Kelsey tapped the door once before throwing it open and walking out, slamming it shut behind her.

After what almost felt like an hour looking for her, Bruce spotted Kelsey in the waiting room, her knees held to her chest and cheeks blotchy from all the crying she had just gone through.

Rubbing her back, Carly whispered comforting words in her best friend’s ear while brushing her hair away as she smoothed it down her back, trying to ease her as best as she could.

“John told me about your little idea…”

“Are you here to yell at me too because I’ve had enough to last me a lifetime,” Kelsey mumbled, wiping under her eyes as she sniffled, avoiding eye contact.

“No, I’m not here to yell at you… I just came here to check up on you. I wanted to know if you were okay.”

“Why? You already said what you had to tell me and it turns out everything you said was true. Even Justin thinks I’m some sort of jinx,” choking back on her words, Kelsey sighed, hiccupping in the process.

Bruce sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, “I already told you I didn’t mean what I said. I was angry and wanted to blame somebody and you seemed to be the easiest person. It made the most sense at the time but looking back, it only made things worse.”

“It doesn’t matter if you meant it or not, Justin seems to think all I’ve managed to do is mess everything up and now he wants nothing to do with me. He thinks I’m just like any other slut that came and went in his life.”

“He’s—”

“Not in his right mind, yeah, I know,” Kelsey sighed, her red eyes finding Bruce’s through the blur of her tears, “but how many times can we actually use that as an excuse for him to treat me like I’m some rag doll?”

“Kelsey—”

“He threw me against the wall, Bruce! He was screaming, his eyes were untamed… he was completely unstable and in that moment, I was so sure of myself that he was going to hit me—”

“He would never lay a hand on you.” Bruce declared inaudibly.

“I know that but at the time, it was so close Bruce. He could’ve swung and hit me at any time and here I am, defending him, trying to get him to see the light!” Huffing frustratingly, Kelsey pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to relax herself, “I’m trying to make things better, willing to forget all that he’s done in the last several hours when I should be running away.” Deriding in disbelief with her and the choices she’s made, Kelsey looked down at her hands, “maybe I’m the one losing my mind...”

“Love makes you do crazy things, it’s in us to protect the one’s we care about. That’s all he’s doing even if it’s a little off from the usual.”

“No, what I saw today was not my fiancé. You were right when you said it Bruce… he’s dead inside and I—” Seeming as though she were in deep thought, Kelsey frowned, “I don’t know if I can bring him back again.”

“You’ve done it before, you can do it again. If there’s anyone in this world who holds that kind of power—it’s you.”

“I can’t save someone who doesn’t want to be saved…” Kelsey strained through her tears, “I can’t fix him. Not this time.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“I’m saying that…” Gulping, Kelsey didn’t bother to wipe her tears away. “I just really think the best thing for us right now is that I leave for a few days… you know, get my head together and stuff.”

“Kelsey, if this is about what I said, I swear, I really didn’t—”

“It’s not.” Kelsey forced, “it’s so much more than that. This is about choosing your fight and knowing when to back away and I’m choosing to back away…”

Looking over at Carly for confirmation, she slowly nodded her head, a pained expression falling suit that made the sinking feeling in his stomach multiply. “Is that really… what you want?”

“Yeah,” Kelsey put her feet down, feeling like a ton of bricks fell on top of her. “I just need a break. This is all just too much for one night.”

“Okay,” Bruce nodded, “okay… we’ll have your things packed in the morning.”

“Thank you, Bruce. I really appreciate it.”

“Anytime, kiddo.”

Smiling softly though it disappeared almost as fast as it came, Kelsey bit the inside of her cheek and just as Bruce turned to leave, an abrupt thought came to mind.

“Wait!” She called out, grabbing his attention almost instantly.

Turning around in hopes that she changed her mind, Bruce raised his eyebrows, “yeah?”

“Can you do me a favor?” When Bruce nodded, Kelsey shuffled in her seat, looking down at the ring around her finger as she twirled it, “can you tell Justin that I love him,” catching his gaze, she smiled sadly, “and that I’m sorry?”

Frowning deeply, Bruce began to shake his head, “Kelsey, I—”

“Please?” She asked hopefully and in that moment, he knew he couldn’t say no.

“Alright,” he mumbled quietly, nodding, “I’ll tell him.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 1.8K 58
'Never thought I could ever be loyal To someone other than myself I never thought I could ever be a spoiler Guess anything is possible with your help...
111K 2.5K 58
"You are everything I want in a girlfriend"- Jack Avery
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
50.3K 1K 23
★彡[ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ɪꜱ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏꜱᴇᴅʟʏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠ𝓮 ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ]彡★ 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙠𝙡𝙞𝙣 𝙭 𝙁𝙚𝙢! 𝙊𝘾 TSITP Fan fic #8...