"Things are going to start changing around here,"

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“What the fuck do you mean you don’t think you can come today?” Justin growled as he clutched his phone violently in the palm of his hand. He was currently pacing the floors of the living room with his free hand perched on his hip, anger evident in both his tone and face.

I had just woken up and taken a shower when I heard yelling coming from downstairs and almost immediately knew who it was. Sighing, I pulled my hair up into a loose high ponytail, stuffing my bangs back behind my ears as I stepped off of the last stair.

Bruce, John, Marcus and Marco were seated on the couch, listening in to what was going on, clearly knowing what it was all about. Catching sight of me, Bruce inwardly cursed, his eyes revealing all it was that he was thinking—I shouldn’t be here. Mentally telling me not to say anything, I simply nodded my head.

Not even noticing I had come down, Justin continued to hassle around, clenching and unclenching his jaw as he listened in on whomever he was talking to. Black shadowed his eyes in just seconds, the veins in his neck showing, “Listen to me and listen to me carefully Paul. I don’t give a rat’s ass what you have planned to do today. Cancel them and meet me at the pier at five or God so help me, I will come over there and make you wish you had listened in the first place.”

Turning around, Justin saw me and the scowl he wore on his face quickly disappeared as his eyes found mine. Willing me silently to stay put, Justin focused his attention back on the phone call he made. “Good choice, Paul. I always knew you were smart,” He sneered in sarcasm, “I’ll see you then.” And with that he ended the conversation, revolving back over to me.

“Who was that?” I asked quietly, not knowing whether or not he was in the mood to talk to me due to the not so happy call he had just finished.

A solemn expression fell on his face as he stared over at me. Scratching the back of his neck, he sighed, staring off to the side towards the guys who sat ogling over at us.

Taking this as their cue to leave, Bruce stood up amongst the rest. “We’ll talk more when the time comes,” Clapping a hand to Justin’s back, Bruce gave it a reassuring squeeze. “It’s time Justin,” He murmured into his ear earning a hesitant but sure nod of Justin’s head. “You know what to do.” Letting his hand fall, he walked out of the living room with the rest following behind, giving us our privacy.

“What was he talking about?” I motioned over towards Bruce’s disappearing figure, a bubbling of uncertainty brewing up in the midst of my stomach.

Licking his lips, Justin motioned me over, “Come here.”

Pressing my lips together, I slid my bare feet across the hardwood floors until I met Justin face to face. Taking my hand in his hold he helped me sit on the chair across from the coffee table as he sat down on top of it.

Turning his attention to the palm of my hand, he absentmindedly began drawing imaginary figures with his finger, his eyebrows strained to meet as one.

“Justin…”

Never once removing his eyes from his current task at hand, Justin gripped my hand, careful not to squeeze it too much but enough to have a stern hold on it. “Give me a second,” He murmured softly.

“Okay,” I whispered, the anxiety evolving inside of me as I watched him swirl the padding of his fingers against my skin, leaving a tingling feeling behind. Taking notice on the worry lines that curved around the edges of his eyes, I propped forwards, smoothing it all away.