I'll never leave you.

Kelsey's Point of View:

I stayed in Justin’s embrace for what felt like forever, loving the feeling of his arms around me, his chest moving up and down in a natural rhythm. I closed my eyes, savoring this moment, knowing that in a matter of seconds, we’ll go back to face the reality that things weren’t the same anymore.

Nudging his nose into the space between my neck and shoulder, Justin placed a whisper of a kiss there. “Come on, we better get back to the guys before they throw a bitch fit.” He chuckled lightly, trying to ease the tense mood around us.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, a stubborn look crossing my face. “No.” I mumbled, shaking my head while nuzzling myself closer to him, the warmth of his body radiating against mine.

His chest vibrated from his laughter as he stroked my hair, amusement in his eyes as he stared down at me. “What do you mean no?”

“I mean just that.” I muttered, standing my ground. “I don’t want to go back there…” I trailed off, shuffling on my feet. I swallowed, knowing I was digging myself some sort of hole, here that I’d regret sooner or later. Just as I was about to pull my arms from around him, Justin caught them, keeping them in place.

“Why don’t you want to go back there?” He murmured softly, a knowing look in his hazel eyes as he urged for me to tell him the truth.

“I—” Sighing, I took a deep breath, shaking my head. “Nothing…”

Justin’s grip on my arms tightened; a sudden aurora of discontentment forming around us. “Kelsey,” He began before closing his eyes shut tight, inwardly telling himself to calm down before reopening them and staring down at me. “Don’t tell me it’s nothing. You know how much I hate that.”

I nodded my head, knowing he was right and despite the feeling inside of me that told me to stand up for myself, I didn’t want to start another argument after we had just finished one. “It’s just… I want to be with you tonight… just you and me, no one else.” Looking down at my feet, I refused to look up at him, embarrassed that I had caved.

After a long wave of silence, Justin had finally managed to speak up. “Wait here.” He pulled my arms from around him before walking off and down the hall.

Curious, I took a few steps forward, wondering where he was going and what he was doing. Standing at the base of the kitchen, I watched as Justin slid the door that led to the patio where Carly and the guys were currently seated out. He exchanged a few words with Bruce before closing it and walking back over to me. “I thought I said for you to wait in the living room?” His lips curved into a smirk.

I shrugged, playing with the hem of my shirt. “I was inquisitive.” I innocently looked up at him, resisting the urge to smile.

“Still the same nosy Kelsey Jones, eh?” Justin looked down at me, that infamous smirk of his never fading. “What did I tell you about that?” He cocked his head to the side, his body slowly moving closer to mine.

I cowered away, an acquitted smile on my face. “Well…” I let out a gentle giggle. “You know… bad habits die hard.”