Armageddon: Skyward Sword (Re...

By Aranel-en-aino

Skyloft was never a very exciting place. What little danger that existed were small things, monsters that inh... More

To Be A Knight
Crimson Ego
The Wing Ceremony
The Chosen
Know Your Enemy
Demon Lord
Sent Home
Fires of Eldin
In The Way
Nick of Time
A New Hero
The Imprisoned
The Silent Realm
Faron
Seed of Lies
House Divided
Unwelcome Visitor
Lanayru Sea
The Pumpkin Landing
Fire Sanctuary
Fear And Awe
The Groosenator
Pipit's Distress
Her Grace
Pumpkin Brawl
Levias
Beastly Blackness
Out of Commission
Healing Poultice
Taken Captive
Sneaking About
Eye of The Loftwing
The Mob
Calm Before The Storm
Skyloft to the Rescue
Demon's True Form
Demise
Taken
Finally Free
Link
Groose
Pipit
Ghirahim

Abandon Ship!

3.2K 114 74
By Aranel-en-aino

As you walked down the steps into the brig of the ship, you kept your bow drawn. There really wasn't much to be afraid of other than a few desert pests, but something didn't feel right. In your gut you knew he was watching you.

"I think the flame is one deck lower," Link said as he checked with Fi's power, "There isn't much here." He glanced over at your with your bow strung, "Hey, ___. Relax. It's deserted." He put his hand to your bow.

"I'm not so sure about that, Link." You replied as you went ahead through another set of doors, making your way down another level.

Your eyes caught the mysterious door that barred your path. Very similar to the other temple door this one had a very complicated key needed to unlock it.

"Great, we need a timeshift stone." Link gestured to the barbed wire around the door.

Looking around, you saw a grate in the ceiling which gave a good view to the decks above, "There it is!" You called as you spotted the stone beneath the crows nest.

Thinking to yourself, you aimed up through the grates at the timeshift stone. Taking a deep breath you exhaled and quickly released the string. In the blink of an eye, your arrow hit the stone and the entire ship and sea around it was brought back to life. Instead of the dull brown wood, the ship turned bright with color, and monsters. At the sudden appearance of a bokoblin, you immediately strung your bow and picked him off as he ran towards you.

Link's jaw dropped, "Nice shot!" He looked at you with admiration, "You're getting really good with that."

You smiled at his compliment, "Thanks!"

"Right, so. We should go try to free the Skipper's crew. They could help us find that key." Link went off in the direction of more stairs.

Now you had a real good reason to keep your bow strung. Everywhere a monster would show up. They really didn't want you to get inside that control room. Finally reaching the holding cells, you could see the tired figures of the robots sitting behind electric bars.

"Hey," Link called to them.

One of the bots looked up and cocked his head, "Brzzt, who are you?"

"We are here to get you out of here! We're with the Skipper." You smiled as their faces brightened up.

"Skipper! You're with the Skipper!?" He hovered over to the bars, "If you help us get out of here, I'll give you the key to the heart of the ship."

Link nodded to them, "We'll get you out." He turned to you, "I've got an idea. Go hit the timeshift stone, wait a bit and then hit it again, then come back."

You tried to ponder his request as you quickly left, running back to the grate in the ceiling. With perfect precision you hit the stone, turning the ship back into it's present form. Waiting a few minutes, you aimed again, turning the ship back into it's magnificence. Racing back to Link, you almost ran over him as you flew down the steps.

His face beamed, "Great job, ___. I got the key." He extended his hand, holding the strange cube-like object, "Now we can get that flame."

You smiled and then remembered what happened the last time you tried to reach the first flame. Ghiahim showed up with Koloktos, "We really should be careful, Link."

He walked over to the door, now clear of the barbed wire, "Of course, you just know some beast is guarding that flame, "He nodded to your bow, "But I'm not worried." And smiled.

Placing the key into the door, the massive pieces of wood shuddered open showing the boiler room. As you walked cautiously inside, you could hear the beginning stages of a storm splatter on the decks above. Suddenly the entire ship shook with a mighty force, and parts of the ship's floor buckled upwards. Prepared for anything, you braced your bow as giant, slimy tentacles shot up from the brig below, quickly filling the room.

"Get out, ___!" Link cried as he pushed you out of the room.

You tried to run, but the whole deck shifted as the ship sank, knocking you off balance. Bursts of water followed you everywhere, threatening to drag you against the wall. Running with all your might down the hallway, you could hear the roar of the water behind you. Whatever monster that was causing this had to be a great deal bigger than the ship. Suddenly huge tentacles shot across your path, blocking your escape. Link tried slashing at them, but couldn't penetrate the skin. Thinking quickly, he raised his sword in the air, charging it with pure light and sliced the beast.

In pain, the tentacles receded back with a roar, and the two of you ran up the hall, dodging flying barrels with foamy water at your heels. Sprinting up the steps, a jolt from outside the ship signaled a wave of water to rush into you, throwing you against the wall. Now soaking wet, you coughed out sea water as Link dragged you up more flights of stairs, escaping the rising water.

As you ran for the door to the decks, Fi suddenly appeared, "Master, you are dealing with a power almost larger than the Imprisoned. Please be careful and defeat it before the ship sinks!"

Link braced his sword as he shouted, "That was the idea!" He yanked to open the doors and ran out on deck.

You followed in earnest, desperate to leave this ship. The sky was black with clouds, and sheets of rain poured over your heads as you looked around for the mysterious beast. The deck had been demolished, only half of it remaining. With a splash of foam and waves, an enormous rubbery head rose from the depths beneath the ship. Dozens of waving tentacles framed it like a crown, a glowing red eye centered on it's face with barred teeth beneath it. Summoning the courage you acquired with every battle you fought, you quickly strung your bow and shot a couple into its eye. It's deafening roar echoed through your ears as it fell into the deck, stunned with pain. Before you knew it, Link ran over to it and slashed away at its eye. Brought back from its coma, the giant squid roared again to the clouds.

You could see the two arrows still protruding from its iris. In anger it sunk beneath the ship and shot tis tentacles through the deck. The rubbery skin was too thick for you to slice through with your sword, so you had to evade each tentacle as Link slashed away with holy light. Suddenly it appeared again at the side of the ship, and after you managed to shot a couple more arrows into its eye it pounded the deck with fury. Trying to evade its arms you were hit in the back of your head with a hard force. Feeling your body fly over the railing of the deck, you hit the dark waters and began to sink. Watching the bubbles of air slowly dissipate from your mouth, your vision began to darken, but could just make out a tall white figure dive in towards you...

Link

I hadn't the faintest idea that something like 'this' was going emerge from under the ship! I think I remember old legends in books from Skyloft's library about creatures like this... It actually helped me in finding out it's weakness. And I always thought they were fairy tales... ___ has perfect aim as always when it come to blinding the beast. The last time though she really made it mad! It took all my strength to dodge out of the way of it's flailing tentacles. The beast was so strong it actually tore away some of the deck! Agh! I've definitely got a few splinters though! ___ you've got another opening! Blind him!! ___? ___!? Where is she!?!?

Pipit

On my rounds in the sky today, I saw something that set me on edge... Over in the South Western quadrant of the skies, the cloud barrier took on a very dark and sinister appearance. The once white clouds turned black as soot, piling up on each other amongst the flashes of lighting and low rumbles of thunder. I took the liberty of checking it out a bit closer, but not too close... I found the drafts of wind it emanated very hard to maneuver on my loftwing. Strange smells wafted up with sprays of water that tasted salty like tears... I warned the rest of the knights to keep everyone away from it. It was such a strange phenomenon... and I had a very bad feeling that ___ was probably behind part of it! My heart started to beat faster at that thought, hoping she was ok, but as soon as it came, it slowly disappeared... I'm going to have to ask them about this.

Groose

At the moment I'm taking a well needed respite from my work... The tremors have pretty much vanished. I guess Big Ugly is having a bit of trouble making his way back to the real world. Not like I'm complaining here! That thing is freaky, and I really don't have the resources to take him on single handed. I've recently taken up the responsibility of decorating my space in the back of the temple. Making things feel a bit more like home... I really miss Skyloft, but at the same time I'm learning to enjoy the life down at the surface. The air is a bit thicker, and there is more life, but I kinda like it!

Ghirahim

The sounds of battle above water have grown completely silent... and only the muffled noises of the beast below can be heard. Every stroke I take brings me closer to ___, and deeper into the murky depths. If she wasn't drowning, I might have taken a moment to admire the beautiful look of peace drift across her features. The kind of peace one gets when they are in a deep undisturbed sleep. The lightning flashes above ripple across the pale blue of her skin. Her hair flowing in silence around her head... the occasional bubble escaping her relaxed mouth. But no!! This isn't the kind of peace she deserves! I've got her in my arms now... her figure limp against my own as I climb to the surface. I'm not sure what madness had infected me to rescue the life of the heroine who is supposed to defeat me and my master, but there was no way I could watch her die! The fool of a hero is still battling the beast in ignorance above us! There is nothing about ___ that he ever deserves!.... Then again... Neither do I...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 191 8
Aria and her twin sister, Zelda, don't always see eye to eye on thing. However, Aria will go to any length to protect her sister. Find out what happ...
5.8K 201 12
[Being edited] Posted February, 2017 (After reading a couple of Ghirahim X Link fics i got in the mood of writting one myself.) Link had won, he defe...
406 0 25
Fifteen millennium since the great calamity, the world has moved on. Link is Zelda's, the soon to be queens, royal knight the wielder of the fabled g...
11.8K 542 21
Connected by a thread of fate, Ghirahim had said. Destined to fight. He wasn't entirely wrong. Six years after the eradication of Demise, that thread...