Haikyuu x Reader ⇹ One Shots

Par midorkima

▷ Thank you for the support all these years. ▷ WARNING: Some of these will contain mature themes. They will b... Plus

Requests ↠ Updates ↠ Favourites ↠ Covers
Sad Eyes ↠ Kuroo Tetsurou
Casual (1) ↠ Akaashi Keiji ↠
Casual (2) ↠ Akaashi Keiji ↠ NSFW
Roommate Exchange ↠ Iwaizumi Hajime
Unintentional Roommates ↠ Kunimi Akira ↠ NSFW
Tempo ↠ Kageyama Tobio
Flower Picking ↠ Bokuto Koutarou
Wedlock ↠ Tsukishima Kei
Impatient ↠ Haiba Lev ↠ NSFW
Girl ↠ Tanaka Ryuunosuke
Thanks To The Kids ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi
Nurse ↠ Kyoutani Kentarou
Fall ↠ Oikawa Tooru
Letters ↠ Aone Takanobu
New Years Party ↠ 3rd Gym
Extras ↠ Tsukishima Kei
Bamboo ↠ Ushijima Wakatoshi
New ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi
Selfish ↠ Tsukishima Kei

Butler Cafe ↠ Terushima Yuuji

20.9K 464 269
Par midorkima

You were the student council president. One of the smartest students in the 3rd year, a natural leader, and both respected and well liked by teachers and your fellow council members. However, there was a slight issue.

You were much too, for lack of a better word, adorable. You had a mature personality, but there were some who found it hard to take you seriously when you had the facial features of a first year, or worse, a middle schooler.

It was tiring to have to explain to people that you were actually their senpai. It was tiring to have to hear their attempts at apologies, and tiring to have to see the looks of disbelief on their faces.

Genetics and puberty weren't the kindest to you, they should just get over it like you eventually had.

At the moment, you were having a meeting with the rest of the council. Meetings were usually held to discuss school festivals, events, clubs, fundraisers, and the sort. At this moment, you were discussing proposals and ideas for the cultural festival.

"From noon until 2 pm the auditorium is booked for a talent show, and from that time until 4 pm, the drama club wants to book the place for their play. The issue is, we've already allowed the orchestra to have their show from 3:30 until 5:30 pm."

With a sigh, you look at the younger girl with a bit of a frown. "This is why I told you to not just accept every proposal right away, otherwise, things like this would happen."

"Right, sorry." She apologises.

"Anyways, more people watch the play than the orchestra usually- and it does not help that the play this year is a popular one compared to the previous shows they have done. This means we can't move the drama club to a smaller venue, or a later time as not everyone stays until the evening.

Mao-san, please negotiate with the orchestra if they could possibly move their performance to a later time to make way for the drama club. Or, they can have it on Sunday instead of Saturday."

"Of course, (L/N)-san." The rest of the meeting goes on without so many issues at hand. You were in charge of making the final decisions on whether to accept or reject an idea, on how much funds would you allow being allotted, and on the venues and schedules.

This would then be relayed to the principal for affirmation.

It was nearly 6 in the evening when the final proposal was to be judged.

Your lips thinned when you read what was on the paper. Before you could even state the idea, your vice president chimes in. "Yikes, something you find worse than the all-time favourite fetish maid cafe?"

"Well, I've never actually been to a butler cafe before, so I can't tell.." You tell them, and you could swear that you spotted a few of the female members blush pink, eyes seeming to beg you to approve of it.

If you didn't know better, you could say they might have even made the suggestion themselves.

The treasurer laughs, his lips set in a smirk. "Well then, I guess girls are into those types of things as well, huh." With a glare from you, his smirk lessens slightly.

"Alright, I'm not even going to deny it- this will be popular amongst some girls." You admitted begrudgingly, as you looked at certain girls in the same room as you. "But where the hell do we even put this thing? Most of the classrooms and the cafeteria are occupied. And not only that but who would want to participate? Most people will either be busy with their own class or club events, won't they?"

"We could always use one of the gymnasiums. Part of it could be for the maid cafe that class 2-3 is planning, and the other half of that gym could be for the butler cafe. Besides, we have large gyms anyway. It's just up to them to decorate and provide the food."

You nod slowly. "Sure, that's alright. And about the butlers?"

With a grin, Mao-san butts in. "If you would let me, I have a fairly good suggestion."

---

It's past 6, and you find yourself visiting various gyms to ask permission. For what, precisely? Well,

"As much as I would love serving ladies like you, (L/N)-chan, I'm not sure if I'd have the energy to do so. We're competing in the sports tournament after all, and I want the basketball team to win." Your classmate tells you, an apologetic smile appearing on his face as he reaches out to pat your head.

You swipe his hand away before it even touches a strand of your (Hair/Colour) hair. "Don't even."

"Look, we really are sorry. I'll try to see if some of the other guys might have the energy to play butler on Saturday after our game. But, I can't promise you anything."

You nod in understanding. "It's fine, I get it. I suppose your gym isn't available either as a venue, right? This is the largest gym, so-"

"Yeah, I believe the whole day, the gym will be used for sports events. But you can try the volleyball club's gym. I talked to Misaki Hana the other day, she says that the team is only competing in the marathon and the dodgeball competition, which would be in the morning if I recall the schedule correctly."

You smile a tad, showing your gratefulness. "Alright, thanks."

---

You want to talk to Misaki Hana regarding a favour you want to ask, considering she was one of the managers. However, the one who greets you outside the metal doors of the gymnasium is none other than the loud and boisterous Terushima Yuuji.

You aren't acquainted with him, nor is he acquainted with you. For the most part, you avoided him. He and his friends were much too loud, like New Year's fireworks. He got into trouble with teachers here and there, and his appearance was too much like a delinquent's for your liking.

Were you judging all of him through the impression he gave off? Sure, but you couldn't really find any worth in letting him prove you wrong.

And when the opportunity came for such to happen, you aren't exactly delighted.

"Oh? Well, aren't you a pretty little thing. Are you the little sister of someone here, first year?" He stares down at you and talks to you as though you're a middle schooler or something; like he was unconsciously mocking every inch of you.

"No. Actually, I'm here for-"

Suddenly, the spiky haired boy smirks. "Oh, I get it!" You suspiciously eye the form of his lips, as you huff. "Get what, exactly?" In all honesty, you didn't exactly expect him to know about the fact that you were asking him if he would be okay with his team helping out in the butler cafe, considering you yourself had only found out about it today.

"You're here to confess to someone, aren't you?" You don't really get what he's trying to say at first, then you do double take. "I'm sorry? Did I just hear you right?" Your voice tries to keep it's calm and mighty quality, but there was a little bit of irritation eating you out.

Your question was of disbelief, and Terushima could have possibly bought it; if it weren't for the misleading red blush on your cheeks.

"So who is it, babe? Futamata-kun? Or maybe Bobata Kazuma? I hope for your sake it's not Izaka- he has a girlfriend now, and-"

Cutting him off with your growing irritation, your eyebrows furrow as you glare at him. "I don't like any of them." You say honestly, like an oath of sorts. Your voice is filled with clarity, and you hope he gets the message as your politeness was running thin.

The boy with eyes like almonds has a persistence like no other. He seems to ponder, sticking with the idea that you had someone you had a crush on in the club. "Definitely not Numajiri. He's a pretty boy, but isn't he openly gay? Then who.." He stops whispering to himself and grins.

Just like his previous smirk, you don't like the idea of his grin.

You're pretty sure it's not about the butler cafe as he obviously does not know about it.

"Go ahead, do your thing." If he's thinking what you think he is, you're not amused. Rather, you're a quite angry at his cockiness.

"What thing?" Although you're sure of what thing he's expecting, you were indirectly giving him a chance to take back what he said.

He doesn't get the hint.

"Now, no need to be so shy now. I'll be listening, babe." Your face is bursting with the colour red as your voice raises higher than it should be, your emotions successfully cutting through the seams carefully sown by your mind.

"I'm not confessing to you, okay!" Your voice is loud and filled with exasperation. The people you knew might have been shocked that the calm student council president had not been able to keep her feelings under control.

The gym's noise turns silent. No longer do you hear the sounds of volleyballs being hit, or hitting the floor. No longer do you hear whistles, chatter, or shouts of encouragement. The normally troublesome Terushima Yuuji himself is rendered quiet.

You're embarrassed at your outburst, though you try not to show it. Because it's rare for someone to get under your skin to the point that you shout at them; then again, no one has ever really had the opportunity to do such a thing.

Before you know it, one of the managers come rushing outside the gym, where you and Yuuji stand. She has a fringe cut and light brown hair and you don't recognise her, but she seems to know you.

"Y-you're (L/N)-senpai! You're part of the student council!" Ignoring the shocked look on Terushima's face from the corner of your eye, you give a small grin at the girl. "Yeah. I'm the president, actually. I came to ask for a favour. We're having a bit of an issue regarding the festival, and I'd like to request your club for help."

The manager nods. "You might want to talk to the coach about it, as well as the rest of the team." You shot a look at the captain of the team, as you walk in the gym, face hopefully not so flushed anymore.

---

When the first day of the festival arrives, you're not so annoyed at Terushima Yuuji anymore. His arrogance and persistence were quite something you couldn't handle for a long period of time, but he did promise that their gym would be used for the maid and butler cafe.

Not only that but he and his teammates had promised to be butlers for the day, alongside some other clubs' athletes who had some time to spare.

It turns out the managers, with the help of others, were in charge of making the food.

After the opening ceremony that you had a speech on, you spent time checking on all the events and stalls, making sure everything was in order and that nothing was causing trouble. You were busy running around the whole school for check up that you didn't even have any time for yourself to enjoy.

"The drama club has the auditorium for themselves now, right?" You questioned as you glanced at your watch. "Yeah. The orchestra moved to a later time, after the play." The vice president confirmed, causing you to sigh. "Well, I better do my rounds again. I don't get my break until 3."

Then your right-hand woman, ever the kind girl, makes a tempting offer. "Actually, how about I take your spot? My free time's almost done, anyways."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course! You haven't even eaten a proper lunch yet. Now go; you must be exhausted." With a brief thanks, you walked away to find somewhere to eat. Most of the eateries were small food stalls, but there were a few formal cafes set up in the campus. Such cafe's included-

"President-san?" As you passed near the gymnasium, you saw one of the volleyball club members holding up a sign promoting the butler cafe. "Hey. How's the cafe going?" You asked, approaching him as you peered inside the open gates of the gym. "It was pretty popular during lunch time. Although we're still bested by the maid cafe." He replied.

"I see. Well, if you're not too busy, could I have a table for one?" The boy stumbles slightly, as he leads you inside. There you are greeted by a familiar person with ear piercings.

He's wearing the complete uniform— the black coat, white shirt and gloves, all that. Terushima Yuuji, as much as you would deny it later on, looked much more dashing today than the last time you saw him.

Then again, it might have something to with the fact that he was currently in your good graces. "Tch, how cliche of me."

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" He asked you. "To eat, obviously." You replied, but losing the stern tone you gave him previously.

In turn, he straightens his posture, as he grabs the menu on the podium and throws you a charming smile. He holds out an arm in a gentlemanly fashion, "Follow me, miss." Trying to remain unfazed by his charm, you put your hand on top of his arm, letting him lead you to an empty table with two available seats.

Reasonable— cafes and restaurants rarely had one seat only tables.

You had expected him to leave you as you were seated, or call your assigned waiter. But he simply sits across you, the grin remaining on his face.

"Don't you still have your shift to do?" You questioned him with curiosity. He waves his hand, dismissing the thought. "It finished just a few minutes ago. Besides, doesn't the cute damsel need a fun and handsome guy to keep her company?"

You blush slightly, your response not matching the little flip your stomach did. "Not really. Unless you're willing to give me a free meal, that is."

"Deal. Yo, Izaka!" He calls out to the nearest waiter, who has a cheeky smile as he spots the both of you. "Eh? The small but terrible president with our rowdy captain?" You glare at him, although it doesn't really seem to have an effect on him. "Don't take it the wrong way. It's not as if it's a date or something." You reply, hoping to burst his bubble.

Terushima doesn't back you up on that idea, however. "Really? I'm sure me paying for your meal and me keeping you company makes it a date." Your heart does that flip again. Was he implying that he wanted to possibly date you, or was this a friendly thing?

"I never agreed that this would be a date, Terushima." You huffed. Before he could respond, the waiter coughs to get both of your attentions.

"Sorry to interrupt the lovers' quarrel, but what do you guys want to order?" And then you suddenly remember how hungry you were, and that you never even got to skim the menu yet. "Terushima," you address him, "order something for us."

The volleyball captain smirks. "You sure this isn't a date? I'm even choosing your food for you." You ignore him, and Yuuji takes this as his cue to continue. "Any allergies?"

"Just don't feed me dust, I think I'll be okay."

"We'll have 2 servings of soup of the day, to share bolognese pasta*, and I'm not sure what the lovely lady wants for dessert but I'd like the mango and chocolate parfait."

Izaka turns to you, questioning your dessert choice. "(Favourite Dessert)," You tell him, "if you have it, that is." He writes down your orders. "We have it, alright. Any drinks?"

"Coke float, definitely," Terushima tells his friend. "Um, do you guys have (coffee/tea/etc)?" When the waiter nods at your question, he repeats your orders before leaving your table.

"You guys ordered 2 servings of soup of the day, a couple sized pasta bolognese, mango and chocolate parfait, (your dessert), a coke float, and a (drink). Estimated serving time for the soup and drinks will be 10-15 minutes. Have a splendid time with each other!" Terushima and the rest of his teammates seem to have this cheeky grin on their lips. And you want to wipe off that grin badly, feeling as though it's teasing you.

There's a bit of a silence in between the two of you, but it obviously wasn't going to last. Terushima Yuuji did not seem like the type to like awkwardly quiet moments.  Personally, you can't blame him. "So how's the rest of the rest of the festival?" You raise your brow.

No teasing, no argument, just a starter to a normal conversation. You appreciate it. "So far, it's faring well. There've been a few people going to the council's office and reporting lost items, though. But other than that, everything seems to be in order."

"And, well, what happened in the sports tournament? I didn't really get to check who won or anything." He grins, as if proud of something. "Well, we won 4th place for the marathon, but we won first place in the dodgeball competition!" You smile.

"Oh? Congratulations, then." Then, adding a jab to the compliment, you add, "Although, I'm surprised you didn't end up returning the ball to them or serving them or something." He has this look of hurt on his face, but the chuckle he gave off reveals that he isn't all that offended. "We're not that volleyball crazed, babe."

"Is that so? I'm shocked," You lightly teased. "Especially since you guys spend so much time practising after school." 

"You notice?" He questions you. "Don't misunderstand, Terushima. I never really liked you much before, so why would I watch you? It's just that you're one of the clubs that stay in school past 6."

Before you two know it, your drinks and some tomato soup are on your table. You take a small sip from your drink when he eyes you seriously. "You're pretty blunt, but you don't dislike me anymore, right?"

You roll your eyes but answer anyway. "Obviously. I wouldn't willingly eat and have a normal conversation with someone I disliked. I'm not the type to fake like towards someone."

"Hey, who knows, you could've been using me for the free meal." You let out a short laugh. "That's just a nice bonus."

When you see the pasta being brought closer to your table, Yuuji makes his thoughts known. "You know the famous scene from The Lady and the Tramp, right?"

"Which Disney fan doesn't?" You knew that he was referring to the Bella Notte Spaghetti Scene, but what of it? And then you suddenly realised- "What if-" 

You looked him dead in the eye. "We're having separate plates."

"Damn." 

---

Before you know it, he's already paid for both of your meals, and he's escorting you outside the gym.

"So.." You trail off, unable to think of what to say next. "So?" He replies, and if you didn't know better, you would have said he was looking a little hopeful.

"Thank you for the, er, company." You settle with that, not bringing yourself to say what you actually wanted to. Who knows, what if you actually misunderstood the whole situation and whatever happened an hour ago wasn't even a date at all.

To your surprise, he looked slightly disheartened by your wording. "Oh. Is that it?"

He smiles, but it's not the same grin that the fun loving guy usually has. It doesn't have the same mischievousness or confidence. 

"No." In a firm tone, you respond to his question. "There's more to it. I enjoy your company. A lot more than I suspected I would. Despite the past misunderstandings, you're not a bad person. It was really nice of you and your club to help out, too."

"(Y/N).." 

You continue, ignoring the heavy blush that appeared on your cheeks. "And if you want, I wouldn't mind having you for company again."

Terushima has this look of awe on his face. "Wow. For someone so small and babyfaced, you sure act cool."

"Terushima, are you insulting me or-"

"As the guy, I kinda feel beat here. I should be the one asking for more dates, here."

You raise your brow. "That's a yes, right?" A soft smile graces his lips. "I'd be stupid not to say yes to the pres."

"Did you just-"

---

Author's Note: So.. I'm back? I'm not dead? I'm really sorry for going on hiatus for a couple months. I guess I overestimated myself on how well I can manage my free time and other things. I've been really busy with school. I'm doing better this year than last year, and I think I'm becoming more social- I'm really proud of my improvements. 

On another note, due to my hiatus, this story was left half done, so I finally decided to finish it up. I wish I remembered how I actually wanted this story to end, but I think it's not that bad.

ON ANOTHER NOTE HOLY COW ALL THOSE READS AND VOTES AND COMMENTS? I'M STOKED!

---

Status:

UNEDITED, as of September 4, 2016
THIS PART HAS NOT PUBLISHED ANYWHERE BUT ON WATTPAD, since September 4, 2016!

Amount of words in chapter, EXCLUDING the Author's Note and Status: 3,440 words

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

351K 7.1K 46
THIS BOOK IS SO CRINGE I WROTE MOST OF THE CHAPTERS IN 2019-2020 SORRY ᴜᴍ, ʀᴇQᴜᴇꜱᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ |closed| (ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ; ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ) ʜᴀɪᴋʏᴜᴜ x ᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇᴍ...
155K 3.3K 76
5 gorgeous Captains but only 1 of you, how could that be wrong? Y/n is very sexually explorative so if you dont want to see yourself that way dont re...
184K 4.8K 17
Ummmm...it's basically a Haikyū x reader fanfic, and I hope you enjoy!!! All rights reserved!!! I do not own Haikyū or its characters and I most defi...
144K 1.4K 32
[discontinued] LITERALLT STOP READIB.F THUS 😭😭😭😭(2021) 2022- I hare everyone who said this was good it literally is worse than dreams face reveal...