Falling Out Of Love

Von shawnitaaxo

One text message. It started with just one text message. Mother of seven, Jenny is struggling with many emoti... Mehr

Characters
Chapter 1: Hidden Feelings
Chapter 2: Regrets
Chapter 3: The Truth Hurts
Chapter 4: Secrets From The Past
Chapter 5: Pregnancy Test
Chapter 6: Reminiscing
Chapter 7: Game Time
Chapter 8: Love Conquers All
Chapter 9: Welcome to Parenthood
Chapter 10: Baby Shower
Chapter 11: Played
Chapter 12: My Best Friend
Chapter 13: Goodbyes
Chapter 14: Finally Sixteen
Chapter 15: California Lovin'
Chapter 16: Unprotected
Chapter 18: The Good and The Bad
Chapter 19: Forever Yours, Forever Mine
Chapter 20: First Date
Chapter 21: A New Brother
Chapter 22: Welcome to the Family
Chapter 23: Triplets

Chapter 17: Apologies

251 4 2
Von shawnitaaxo

Bentley's POV:

While I was out with Amiyah at the mall, I saw Kevin and decided to have a word with him. “How the fuck could take my sister to another state and when she gets in trouble, you cheat on her? I should beat your fucking ass right now.”

“Bentley, calm down. People are starting to look.” Amiyah stated, embarrassed. But I was too pissed off to care. Now my sister is pregnant all because of this dumb fuck.

“Last time you tried to beat my ass, you ended up with a split lip and broken nose. So swing, I fucking dare you. You don't know what the fuck is going on between me and Dani. Maybe we would still be together if you and your nosy ass family would stay the fuck out of our business.” He retorted, getting close to my face.

I pulled my fist back before I felt a small hand on my arm. “If you hit him, consider us over. This is embarrassing; let’s just go.”

“You are a lucky mother fucker.”

“Nah bitch, you wanna fight I'll meet you at your house. Let's go.”

He stormed off before I could reply. “I don't want you fighting, Bentley.”

“I can't look like a pussy.”

She let out a humorless laugh. “Would you rather have your family or look like a pussy?” She grabbed my keys out of my hand and walked away from me.

Dani's POV:

I happened to look out of my window to notice Kevin pulling up. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I haven't talked to him in about three weeks since I told him I was pregnant. As I was walking to see why the hell he was there, I saw Bentley slide in the driveway. He looked pissed but not as pissed at Miyah looked. I quickly made my way out of the house to see what all the commotion was about. “What the hell is going on?” I questioned, resting my hand over my small rounding belly. I was now ten weeks along and you could tell I was pregnant. Well it sort of just looked like a food baby but I have a tiny bump.

I saw Kevin's eyes fall to my belly before staring at my face. “Dani...” He whispered. I rolled my eyes to keep the tears from falling down my face.

Amiyah stepped near me. “Your idiotic brother wants to fight Kevin.”

“Bentley, go inside. I want to talk to dick head over there.” I stated, pointing to Kevin.

He threw a murderous glare at Kevin before storming in. “So, you can come to my house in no time to fight my brother but not to see how the girl who is pregnant with your baby is doing?”

“I apologize for what happened last time we saw each other.” He stated, making his way to me. I backed away, not wanting him to touch me. If he touched me, my anger would go out the fucking window. And he doesn't deserve forgiveness so easy.

“I apologize for what I said but does that make it any better? No. You physically abused me. After I told you I was pregnant, with your child. I have lied and lied to my family for your stupid ass. I lost my families trust. I stopped hanging out with all my friends to spend time with you. But nothing compares to how hurt I felt when I was balling my eyes out and came to see you, only to find out you were with another girl. A fucking hour after you left me. My life is going to shit because of you and you don't even care.”

“It wasn't what it looked like.”

“I have a hard time believing that. Save the bullshit excuses.”

He rubbed his hands over his face before punching the side of his truck, making me flinch. I noticed the tears flow from his eyes and I couldn't help but making my way toward him, wrapping my arms around him. “I didn't cheat on you, I promise you. I called her over because I was so mad but all I could see was your face. The way you touch me. The way you love me. I didn't even take my clothes off. I made her leave as soon as you were gone. I don't want to be with anyone but you. I never meant to put my hands on you but all I saw was red when you said that. I don't want to be like most guys are; I want to be with you through everything with the pregnancy and after.”

I wiped the tears from his eyes before resting my hand on his face. “I love you.” I stated, looking in his eyes.

“I love you too.” He bent down to kiss me but I turned my face.

“But I have a lot to think about and you damn sure don't deserve to be forgiven so easily.” I pulled away from him and walked into my room. I laid my head down and cried. I cried harder than I ever have.

Bentley's POV:

“She is old enough to make her own decisions. You can't blame him for everything when you don't even know the whole story, Bentley. It's not right nor is it fair.” Amiyah stated. “You are a father and he is about to be one, fighting should be the least of ya’lls worries. He is the father of Dani's baby and he will be around forever so you need to find a way to get over this stupid shit. I'm going home to Anna, our daughter and while I'm gone; think about what I said.”

I nodded my head, allowing her words to sink in. “Give her kisses for me. I'll come see y'all later.” She nodded her head and headed towards the door. I pulled her back and gave her a kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She retorted before pecking me on the lips and leaving. Five minutes after she was gone, my phone started ringing.

I answered it with a “hello.”

“Is this Bentley?” A woman asked in a professional tone.

“Yes ma'am.”

“This is Kayla. You filled out an application at Candy Island and I was calling to tell you, I liked what I saw and was wondering if you could come in for an interview tomorrow at 11 AM.”

My eyes lit up at the news. I have been searching for jobs and filling out numerous of applications. “I will love to. Thank you so much!”

“No problem. I'll see you tomorrow then.”

“Yes ma'am. Have a good day.”

“You too.” She retorted before hanging up. I quickly texted Amiyah to let her know the good news. Although, it will be minimum wage; it is a paying job and I won't complain. You have to start somewhere.

I have savings from my dad but I haven't touched them unless necessary because I haven't had any luck with jobs and I didn't want to waste them. Although, with all the money he left, I don't think I could spend it all. I have a really good feeling about this and I think I know what time it is. I called Amiyah and asked if I could take Anna with me so I could spend just daddy and daughter time. She agreed so I picked her up before speeding off to the nearest jewelry department. “Anna, can you keep a secret just between me and you?”

“Ooooh secret. Me love secrets.” She retorted nodding her head.

I chuckled before replying. “How would you like it if I bought mommy a ring to ask her to marry me and got us our own place to live? You can have your own room and everything.”

“What is tat?” She questioned confused.

“It's when two adults love each other so much that they buy rings for each other and have a big party. Would you like that and our own house so we can all live together?”

“Yes, yes!” She retorted, happily.

“But you have to keep it a secret. I want to surprise mommy.”

“I promise.” She zipped her lips with her finger and pretended to toss away the key.

I took her to the jewelry store and picked out a simple ring that Anna helped pick out. Miyah and I have talked about marriage before and she told me she wanted a simple but unique ring. I bought a single pink diamond ring and then I decided to have young love forever engraved on the band. I had to wait two to three days to pick it up.

Afterword’s, we went and looked at apartments. Anna loved every one of them but only one stuck out to us both. It was a three bedroom, two baths that was under my price range. It wasn't anything special, but it was a start for my family. I paid the down payment and the first three months of rent and we were on our way.

I took Anna out for some dinner and ice cream to make sure she kept our secret a secret. It was almost nine at night by the time we got back. “Where did daddy take you?” Amiyah asked Anna.

She smiled wide, showing off her teeth. “Park, dinner, and ice tream!”

“Oh really? Did you eat all your food?”

She nodded her head, quickly before running off to see her Grandpa. I placed my hands around Amiyah's neck and kissed her. “You ready to be a senior?” I asked, realizing that summer would be over in three weeks.

She nodded her head. “It's going to be tough with two jobs and school.”

“Maybe you could be able to quit when I get this job.” I suggested. I didn't want her to be working two jobs while I only worked one.

She shook her head. “I don't know about that. Anna is quite expensive and she will be starting pre-k next year.”

“It's up to you, but I hope you change your mind.” I retorted.

“I need to go give Anna a bath and put her to bed.”

“Okay, I'll see you in the morning.” I kissed her deeply before pulling away. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” We parted ways and I went inside to talk to my parents about the ring, apartment, and job interview. They were excited to hear about it.

“That's great, Benny! I'm happy for you. Since you are doing all this by yourself, let us do something for you.” Mom stated with a mischievous smile on her face.

“What is it?”

“Let us buy everything to make the apartment a home. It's not a request, because weather you like it or not, we are.”

I chuckled and agreed to let her do whatever she pleased. “Will it be done by the weekend?”

She nodded her head yes and I handed her the keys. I passed Dani's room and could hear her softly weeping. I knocked on the door. “Who is it?” She called.

“Bentley...”

“Go away, dick.” She retorted. I opened the door anyway and sat on the corner of her bed. From her face, I could tell she had been doing nothing but crying. “I didn't say come in.”

“I know. I'm sorry.”

“Sorry isn't good enough, it never was.”

“I truly am, though. Is it true that if we weren't nosy, you and Kevin would still be together?” I questioned, remembering the words Kevin spoke today.

She looked at me confused. “Who said that? Kevin?” I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to answer. “That isn't true. We would be together if I didn't make a stupid decision to go to California. Not that I regret it because I had so much fun. I just wish I didn't lie about it.”

I nodded my head. “Are you happy about the pregnancy?”

“I want to be. But look at me, I just turned sixteen and I'm not like Mom. It seems like she was meant to be a mom but I don't think I am. I'm so scared that I'm going to fuck up my baby's life. Look at the other stupid decisions I have made in the past.” She replied, slightly crying. “How do I know if Kevin and I will stay together forever? Look at the stupid fight that caused us to break up.”

I threw an arm over her shoulder and gave her a small hug. “You'll be an amazing mom, I promise you. I know you want to have a family with Kevin but if it's best for y'all to parent single, than that's what needs to happen. I can tell you love him, though. Just take it day by day and don't stress because that isn't good for my nephew.”

She let out a small chuckle, wiping her tears. “Thank you, Benny. You don't know if it's going to be a boy or girl, so hush. I want a girl.”

“If it's a girl, then I'm sending it back.” I joked with a chuckle.

She rolled her eyes with a small smile. “Whatever. Leave my baby alone.”

I proceeded to tell her about the ring, apartment, and job interview. She was genuinely happy for me. Her phone rang, so I left her alone to talk to whoever was on the phone. I sent Kevin a text message, telling him how we need to get along for Dani and the baby's sake. I also put my pride aside and apologized for talking shit. I want Dani and her baby happy and if that means I have to suck it up, I will. I got in the shower and got dressed for bed. After I set my clothes out for tomorrow. I sent a text to Miyah, telling her and Anna goodnight and I love them. Soon, I was passed the fuck out.

The next morning, I dressed in khaki pants and a white collar, button down shirt. I made sure I looked sexy but professional. I pulled my phone out and dialed Miyah's number.

“Morning, baby.” She chirped, happily.

“Good morning, babe. Do you and Anna want to go out for breakfast?”

“Si, Papi. We'll be at yours in two seconds.” I chuckled at her Spanish.

“Babe, remember you are white. Okay, I love you.”

She chuckled, loudly. “I love you too.” We hung up and I quickly brushed my teeth. As I finished, I heard the door open and two pairs of footsteps. I met Miyah and Anna half way down the stairs. I bent down, picking Anna up and giving her a big hug and kiss on the cheek.

I hugged and kissed Miyah. “Ready love?”

“Si, Papi.” She chuckled.

I laughed at her again. “You think just cause you took Spanish you can speak it?”

I wasn't going to lie, that shit sounded so damn sexy coming from her lips. The things I would do... She chuckled. “Maybe. Or maybe I just love your reactions.”

I chuckled as she followed me to the car. “What place are we going? I'm craving IHOP.”

“IHOP it is than, baby.” I replied, buckling Anna in the car. It was just down the street and it is absolutely delicious.

“Daddy, tan I have pancakes and fruit?” Anna asked as I backed out of the driveway.

“Of course, love. Anything for my baby girl.”

We got to IHOP and I ordered me a bacon loaded omelet with sweet tea and Anna's food, while Amiyah ordered herself chicken and waffles. We made small talk until it was time for me to drop them off and go to the interview.

“Call me when it's over to tell me how it went.” I nodded my head and gave kisses to her and Anna. I told them goodbye and I was off to my first job interview.

“Baby! I got the job!! I start off at ten an hour.” I called Amiyah as soon as I got out of the interview. It went great and I got the job on the spot.

“Heck ya, baby! Tha's what I'm talking about!! When do you start?”

“Tomorrow. I've got to drive, so I'll see you when I get home.”

“Alright, baby. Be safe; I love you.” She retorted.

“I love you too.” We hung the phone up and I was on my way home. I was met at my house with my smiling parents, siblings, Amiyah, and Annabelle.”

“We are so proud of you, Benny.” Dad stated as I entered the living room. Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

“Bentley, we got to tell you something.” Mom stated, pulling me away from everyone else with Dad.

“The apartment is finished.”

“Already!? How?” I questioned, slightly shouting.

She chuckled. “Don't worry about that.”

“Thank you guys. For everything. I still want to wait for the ring to be finished. Shit- I have to talk to her Grandfather. Will you take them out to celebrate me getting a job? So I can ask?”

“Watch your mouth, son. And yes, we will. But how is it that we will be celebrating something for you and you not be there?” Dad retorted.

“I'll meet y'all. Just text me where ya'll go.” They nodded their heads and gathered up the family.

Amiyah looked at me questioningly. “Why are you meeting us up there? Instead of going?”

“I have to do some things. Don't worry.” I kissed her sweetly and before I could deepen the kiss, my mom interrupted us.

“Let’s go!” She called from the living room. I told everybody goodbye and once they left; I made my way across the street.

I knocked on the door and waited for Grampy to answer. “Hey son. I heard about the job; congratulations.”

“Thanks. So, I have a question to ask.” He nodded his head, allowing me to go on. “Could I have your blessings to marry Amiyah and her to move in with me? I know we are young, but I already bought the ring and apartment. I just need Miyah and Anna to complete it.”

He smiled, widely. “I'll give you my blessings, if you make sure my babies are taken care off and nobody hurts them.”

“I promise, sir. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now go celebrate your job.” He retorted.

“Would you like to come? It would complete the family dinner.”

He nodded his head. “Yeah. Let me get my things.” We headed to the restaurant and had lunch. Making conversation here and there. I was so happy that I got a job and everything would soon fall in to place. I just can't wait till I ask Miyah to marry me. I hope she'll say yes.

Dani's POV:

After Bentley's congratulations lunch and we got home, I received a call from Kevin. “Bae, can we talk?”

“We are talking, Kevin.” I replied, not in the mood to argue with him. I was exhausted. I am barely pregnant, yet I feel like I have been forever. I don't know how women do it more than once. All this morning sickness is just too much.

“Don't be like that... I want to talk in person.”

“I'm grounded or did you just so happen to forget?” I retorted. “Do you remember why or should I remind you?”

“You know what? Fuck it. I'm not going to beg at your feet for forgiveness when you keep having this attitude.”

“Last time I checked it was your fault we broke up to begin with.” I replied, about ready to end the call.

“Nah that is your bitch ass nosy families fault.”

“Goodbye, Kevin.” I ended the call, shaking. He really has the audacity to talk about my family. About ten minutes later, my phone rang with a text message.

I really do miss and love. I just want us to be a family.

I rolled my eyes but decided to reply.

If you wanted us to be a family, you wouldn't talk shit about my family or our child's family. You wouldn't have had another girl over; you wouldn't have put your hands on me. Shall I go on? My family is just being my family and caring for my well-being. Sorry, your family is so fucking dysfunctional.

I knew the last part was a low blow, but I'm so sick of him always talking about my family. How about his family?

You don't know a god damn thing about my family.

I rolled my eyes at his message, but decided to not reply with I know enough. Instead I replied with a more adult like reply.

I want to have a healthy pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby. I would love for you to be there for our baby but if this is how you are going to act than find another girl and knock her up. I have no problem doing it on my own with the help of my family. I don't have to put up with your bullshit and I won't. I love you and I am in love with you, but I'm going to put myself and my baby first. Call me selfish if you want, I really don't care. I'm not going to let you stress me out to the point of a mental breakdown.

I sent the message and about five minutes later he replied.

You're right. I'm sorry. Can you please just come and talk to me before I do something irrational? I need you.

Sighing, I walked to the living room where my mom was lounging on the couch with my dad's hand draped over her shoulder. “What's up, baby?”

“Mom, I know I'm grounded but Kevin is thinking crazy and I think we really need to talk.”

She let out a loud sigh and looked at my dad. “I think you should let her.”

She nodded her head and turned to me. “Just this once. She threw me my keys. “Be careful.”

“Thank you mom.” I made my way to my car that I was excited to drive. I haven't drove it since I got in trouble. I texted Kevin that I was on my way before taking off. As soon as I made it up the stairs, he was opening the door.

He gave me a hug but I tried to leave my arms down at my side. I felt right in his arms so I hugged him back with a small smile. We walked inside and I tried sitting far from him, but he pulled me to where I was sitting on his lap. “I miss you.”

I wasn't going to lie. “I miss you too. But I wish I didn't.”

“I just want everything to get better.”

I turned to look him in the eye. “Things are not going to get better if you keep acting the way you were tonight. Yes, I have an attitude. I'm still not over the whole thing with that girl. I'm still hurt. I'm pregnant and irritable. I can't help that. And you really piss me off calling me bae like everything is fucking normal because it's not. It's not at all.” Before I could turn my face so he couldn't see my tears fall, he pulled my face to his and kissed me deeply. I wanted to push him away but I missed his kisses so much. “Don't kiss me when I'm pissed off at you.”

He pulled away and looked at me, seriously. “I didn't do anything with her.”

“That isn't the point, Kevin. You hurt me. You mentally and physically hurt me. I'm the only female that should be lying in your bed or touching you. You got mad over something that wasn't my fault. The only part I'll take responsibility on is leaving the state with you. I don't regret it at all, but I know it was wrong. I want us to work out but I need time. I can't just act like none of this happened because that's not me.”

“Stop crying. I know you don't want me to call you bae, but you are my bae. My only bae and the only bae I have ever had. I love you so much and I want to be a family. I know I fucked up and I want to fix it. But I don't even know where to start. I come from a fucked up family who ran from their problems or just hid them. I don't know what I'm doing but I am trying.”

“Start with not talking about my family. I am sorry about talking about your family. I never really apologized to them for leaving the state with you and I know you haven't either. Let's go over and apologize to them together. How does that sound?” I retorted, drying my eyes.

He took a deep sigh. “You know I never say sorry, but if it'll make you happy than I will.”

“I don't want you to say it unless you mean it. If you don't mean it than fuck this whole relationship.”

“I'll mean it, I promise.” He stared in my eyes, like he was staring in my soul. “Can I kiss you?”

I let a small smile cross my lips before leaning in and allowing him to kiss me. After a quick make-out session, I had to pull away. I was horny and if I let the kiss go on longer, we would be naked and doing the dirty. “Let's go.” I stood up and pulled him up by his hand. He locked up the apartment and we were on our way to my house. I was slightly nervous because the last time my mom seen Kevin, she wanted to rip his dick off and shove it down his throat. I opened the door and my parents were making out on the couch. “That is gross, old people. I have a guest that would like to talk to you.”

Kevin showed his face and my mom looked at him with a murderous glare. “Daniella, I know damn well you didn't bring this boy in my house.”

I rolled my eyes at her attitude. Before I could speak, Kevin cut in. “I know what happened was really wrong. I shouldn't have lied to you, I shouldn't have took her out of the state, I shouldn't have treated her the way I did, I shouldn't have gotten her pregnant, I shouldn't have tried to fight Bentley, and I really want to apologize. I truly do love your daughter and I want her in my life for the rest of my life. I want to be in my baby's life. I don't want to be like my father and leave like he did. I don't want you all to hate me because of a stupid mistake or should I say mistakes. From the bottom of my heart, I apologize.”

I was shocked to say the least. I expected a small I'm sorry, but hey, I wasn't complaining. “And I would like to apologize on my behalf of leaving the state and acting the way I did. I know it was wrong and it wasn't all Kevin's fault.”

“I truly do appreciate you both apologizing and I forgive the both of you. That doesn't mean I trust you both. Because that was flown out the window. Good thing about me, is you can easily gain my trust back. I respect that you had the balls to come here and actually apologize to my face instead of over the phone or text. I would love for you to be in my family's life even if that just means being a father to my new grandbaby. I guess since we are all apologizing, I should apologize for yelling at you and for your mom. I didn't know she was your mother until the day in the court room.”

“Thank you.” He retorted, letting out a huge sigh. “It's getting late, so I guess Dani should take me home.”

“Dani, if you'd like to spend more time with him or even stay the night tonight, then you have my permission. You're already pregnant so not much else that could happen. You are still grounded so if you are coming home tonight than no later than midnight and if you stay the night, I want you home at ten in the morning.”

“Alright, thanks mom. I'll text you and let you know.”

The ride back to Kevin's place, I was debating on staying the night. I wanted to stay the night with him but I knew that would mean I was giving in to easily. We made it to his apartment and we sat next to each other on the couch. “So, are we together or what?” He questioned, throwing me off guard.

“Why does it matter? Unless you want to act single? If not, than it shouldn't matter. You love me and I love you, we are working on us, and our family. We aren't together, but we aren't single.”

“Well, if we aren't together than I couldn't do this.” He trailed his hand up my thigh. Saying, I didn't miss his touch would be a lie. I placed my hand on top of his to stop him.

“No. I think it's time for me to leave.” I stood up but Kevin grabbed my hand to stop me.

“Look, I'm sorry. Can we just watch a movie and eat popcorn? I won't try any funny stuff, I promise.”

I sat back down as he picked out a movie and got us some drinks while the popcorn popped in the microwave. Once it was finished, he sat down next to me with his arm draped over my shoulder as we watched Halloween. “Can we do nights like this more often? Just me and you, watching movies under the covers, and munching on junk food?”

“Anything for you, future wife.” He replied softly as my eyelids began to flutter closed.

Authors Note: The next chapter is private. External link is on the side and my profile.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

51.1K 1.4K 23
The life of Seven has expanded tremendously. She is a married woman with three kids. Her children are her world. And they have their own lives too as...
Estella [ On Hold ] Von AVI

Aktuelle Literatur

68K 1.6K 29
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...
1.6K 34 15
Jack O'Malley is your weakness. A whirlwind relationship, turned into becoming parents quick, and an even faster marriage. Now you're separated, tr...