Saving Each Other - Dramione

By Liv_Hermione

After the war Hermione is in invited back to Hogwarts to complete her seventh year along with Harry, Ron, Gin... More

Warnings
Returning
Malfoy
Haunted
Welcoming Feast
Common Room
Fire
Just Talking
Almost Normal
Apologies and Arguments
Friends
Broken
Sleep
Try Again
Watching
Removing Scars
Caring
Reconciliation
Gossip
A Good Luck Kiss
Insecure
Studying
Hand In Hand
Matching
Date
Lestrange
Searching
Caught
Reading
Dinner
Escape
Paranoia
Allies
Together
Home
Shopping
Impressions
Falling
Christmas

Books

6.3K 200 181
By Liv_Hermione

Finally, we arrive at Tomes and Scrolls and I rush ahead of Draco into the warmth of the beautiful bookstore. I pause for a moment in the doorway just to breath in the smell of new books.

I start to walk over to the fiction section and look back to see Draco following me. There is not a large number of fictional books that have been written by wizards so I start to look through the muggle books. Draco's arm reaches over my shoulder to pull down a book from above my head.

'I've never really read many muggle books.'

'Well, they really are very good. Muggles may not have magic but they certainly have imagination. What book is that?' I ask, turning to see the cover of the book.

'Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen,' He reads.

'Oh, I read that book earlier this year. It's really good like all her other books. I've got a copy of it that you can borrow if you want. Well, I mean as long as you promise not to damage it. I like all my books to be perfect and usually I don't trust anyone.'

Draco's arm slides around my waist and I hear him give a small laugh.

'How about I buy my own copy of this one and then you can decide later if you're going to trust me.'

'It's not that I don't trust you,' I say quickly hoping I didn't offend him. I turn to look at him but he is still smiling. 'I would just have to hex you into oblivion if you ever returned one of my books in a different state to the one it was in when I lent it to you. And don't get me started on people who fold the corners of the page.'

'Hermione you know there are spells that can fix a book to make it look new?' Draco says with another laugh.

'Of course but it's just not the same. It's never the same.'

'Alright. Well, have you picked out the books you want?'

I gaze longingly at the shelves thinking that really I just want all of these books but I look down at the pile in my hand and realise that it is probably as much as I can afford for now.

'Yeah I suppose I better stop now before I try to buy every book in this shop,' I say and we both laugh.

We walk back towards the front of the shop where an old wizard sits behind the counter.

'Ah Miss Granger,' He says with a kind smile. ' I thought I would see you here today.'

'I never could resist a bookshop.'

Draco and I pay for our books and leave the shop. Once again Draco tries to pay for my things but this time I simply refuse.

The shop door clangs as we walk out onto the main street. I make my heavy bag of books lighter and put it in my magically enlarged handbag. I shrug it onto my shoulder and slip my hand into Draco's.

'So which books did you get?' He asks.

'Well, I got Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, because my Dad told me I should read it, the first of the Sherlock Holmes books and a newer muggle book called The Fault in Our Stars.'

'Muggle books sound like they might be more interesting than I imagined.'

'It's almost twelve o'clock,' I say looking down at my watch. 'We should probably head to the Three Broomsticks to meet Harry and Ginny.'

'Yeah we should make sure we get a table; it will be busy today.'

***

The Three Broomsticks is very busy with hoards of Hogwarts students. We walk in and find that Harry and Ginny have already claimed a table but they do not notice us walk over as they are already engaged in snogging each other on the bench seat next to the table.

'Hello,' I say loudly, interrupting them. 'We're here so you can eat lunch not each others' faces.'

The two of them both look up with bright red faces and Draco and I just laugh.

As I sit down opposite Ginny I notice that Draco pulls my chair out for me and places my coat, that I've shrugged off over the back of the chair.  He doesn't make a big deal out of it but I feel myself blush anyway.

Ginny looks at me oddly and I see her eyes flick back and forth between Draco and me.

Draco sits in the chair beside me and I feel his hand brush lightly against my knee and I blush even more.

When Ginny sees this she just starts grinning and asks 'Did you two..?'

'Um well yeah kinda.'

'Oh Merlin yes my ship has sailed!' Ginny squeals clutching her hands together and looking overjoyed at this new piece of information.

Harry glances up from the menu he was reading. 'What happened?' He asks looking completely bewildered.

'Hermione and Draco finally got together,' Ginny almost screams.

I quickly try to quiet Ginny so the whole pub doesn't hear. 'Ginny not so loud,' I feel myself blushing furiously. I feel Draco take my hand under the table which does give me a small amount of comfort.

'Hermione are you serious?' Harry turns to me and I wonder how he's going to take this.

'Well yeah. On our walk over Draco told me he liked me and he asked me out.'

'This is kind of unexpected Hermione. Are you sure you want to do this I mean...'

'Come on Harry they've liked each other for weeks. I've wanted this to happen for ages. Can't you see they're perfect for each other,' Ginny gushes. 'I know, you guys tell us what you want and Draco and I can go up and order. You two need to talk.'

After quickly looking through the menu and selecting our orders, Draco and Ginny leave the table. I look hesitantly across at Harry. I really don't want him to take this badly.

'Are you sure you know what you're doing Hermione? Do you really like him?'

'Yes. Honestly, I do.'

'It's just, I know with Ron and everything...'

'This isn't about Ron. This is about me having someone who understands me. Someone I want by my side. I know I've got you and Ginny but I can't really explain this. I really do like him a lot.'

'Alright.'

'You're okay with this.'

'Hermione this is your life. I would be a terrible friend if I tried to tell you who to spend it with. I trust your judgement more than anyone else's because Merlin knows you're pretty much always right,' He smiles at me. 'I just hope he makes you happy.'

I smile back at him. 'I know he will.'

***

Draco and Ginny join us again, bring foaming mugs of butterbeer. Soon after our food is levitated towards us over the heads of the other patrons by one of the barmaids and we tuck into the delicious food. I am sitting at a table with my boyfriend and my two best friends in the whole world. Honestly, right now, I don't care what anyone else thinks.

***

The four of us talk happily as we finish the last of our meals.  I am just about to suggest that we could go and do some more shopping when we hear a huge crash from outside.  Everyone in the room falls silent for a few seconds.

There is a flash of light and I hear something explode.  Then people start screaming. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.3K 26
It's seventh year, and students are asked to return to Hogwarts after the war. Her current relationship with Ron is going down hill as he turns abusi...
586 44 5
"It's a date, Granger," he winked just as he disappeared under his Disillusionment Charm, leaving her in a state of elation combined with panic. Appa...
6.2K 284 26
Draco Malfoy had changed a great deal since his Hogwarts days and so had Hermione Granger. The War changed everybody. Who thought that the Ferret wou...
14 0 13
The war has ended. Now what? Hermione's life seems somewhat pointless now. She has gotten used to her way of life during the war. She doesn't see wha...