baby [h.s.]

By BeccaLuvly

"you touch my baby, and i swear to fucking god i'll end you." More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
excerpt: indiana dreamin'
forty five

thirty three

10K 296 41
By BeccaLuvly

[song is above if you wish to listen]

            We stayed in the city for four days. Harry made sure I got the full experience. With it being nearly December, we were able to see all of the Christmas decorations around plastered across the buildings. Riddle toted us to his favorite spots in the city. We ice skated in the park and watched the snowfall from the window in our hotel suite.

I'd have been lying if I were to say I hadn't fallen in love with the city. It was an addicting place. I never wanted to leave.

It was on our fifth day that Harry decided he wanted us to go somewhere without Riddle.

"But I'm so much fun!" Riddle said. He leaned against the counter of the hotel kitchen and grinned.

"Yeah, you're a fucking blast." Harry said. He was tugging on a scarf.

I shoved my feet into the snow boots I had to buy. None of us had been expecting the storm that hit. Once my boots were secured, I tugged my mittens onto my hands and glanced at Riddle.

His face was smug. He winked at me and pushed himself off the counter.

"I'm sure I'll find something to entertain myself while you're gone." he said. "Try not to miss me too much, Tilly. I know how boring that old sod gets."

"It'll be hard, Mick." I said, grinning.

"Oh, I know."

Harry cleared his throat. "Let's go, love."

He swung the door open and waved me through. We must've looked like penguins, waddling down the hall in our snow gear. I had bundled myself in a wool coat and tied a scarf tightly around my neck.

Harry hadn't told me where we were going; all I knew was that we were walking.

Outside of the hotel took my breath away, as it did each time I stepped through the doors. The sky reminded me of London: it was a dull gray. Snow floated from above.

We walked close together. The streets were quite calm for the middle of the day. The silence between the two of us allowed me to relish in the sounds of the city.

We walked for blocks. The tip of my nose burned from the cold. When the snow started falling at a quicker pace, I grabbed Harry's hand and tugged on it.

"Where are we going, babe?" I said.

He bit his lip. "I've been thinking about what Vinny said, and what you said. Maybe Gem wants to see me? I don't know, it sounds stupid. I knew where she lived a while back and I thought maybe I could just walk there and see if she still did?"

My shoulders slumped. "That's not stupid."

He shrugged. "Yeah, well. And I couldn't do it without you."

We continued walking. My cheeks burned and I squeezed his hand.

I glanced at him. His head was down, eyes narrowed at the sidewalk. I smiled.

"I'm proud of you." I said, quietly. He squeezed my hand in response.

We walked another twenty minutes before Harry finally slowed. We stopped in front of an flat building. For a moment, he just stared up at it. He glared at it, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. It was as if he was daring himself to walk inside.

"What if she doesn't want to see me?" he whispered.

"I think she will." I said. "And if she doesn't, we'll just leave."

He looked at me and cursed under his breath.

"I haven't spoken to her in nearly five years."

"I know."

"I'm fucking scared, Till."

I squeezed his hand. "I know."

He pinched his lips together and cursed again. Then, he bounded for the door.

We climbed the staircase and he yanked the door to the building open. The lobby inside was dingy. The tile floors and dim lights didn't make the atmosphere much warmer than the outside. The elevator was on a wall parallel to the mailboxes and the call box was beside it.

Harry walked to the call box and pressed a button. It rang for only a second.

"Hello?"

Harry opened his mouth, then closed it and stepped back. He looked frightened. He glanced at me, blinking and shaking his head.

I stepped forward. "I, uh, hello?"

"Are you the pizza delivery girl? I'll be down in a moment."

"No, Gem, it's not the delivery girl." Harry said, his eyes closed. "I-it's me. It's Harry."

There was silence. I chewed on my lip and bounced on my toes. Then, the box beeped. Almost immediately, the elevator doors slid open.

Harry heavily sighed. My heart leapt and I grabbed his hand. I nearly skipped into the elevator, pulling him with me.

I could feel the thump of my heart in my throat, so it seemed. I was happy for him, yet nervous, and I knew he felt the same way.

"Are you ready?" I whispered. The elevator creaked as it went up.

He leaned against the wall of the elevator and looked up. He shook his head.

I pressed my lips together and squeezed his hand.

"I'm here for you." I said. "You say the word and we're gone."

He shook his head and lifted my hand to his lips, kissing it.

The doors slid open and Harry led us out. We didn't have to find the flat because she stood in the doorway, leaning out with her arms crossed over her chest.

When she saw him, she laughed and lifted her hand to her mouth. Tears spilled from her eyes.

I let go of Harry's hand and pushed on his back. He stumbled forward a bit and scoffed in disbelief.

"Gemma," he said. She walked to him and wrapped her arms around her neck tightly.

"Oh my god," she said. "I can't believe...oh my god."

"I know."

"What are you even...how did you get here?"

"Long story." he said, his voice gruff.

She stepped back. "Then get inside, explain it."

She wiped beneath her eyes, then glanced at me.

"Hi," I said, stepping forward. "I'm Tilly."

She cleared her throat. "Er, hello. I'm Gemma."

"It's lovely to meet you." I said. I remained quiet; I didn't want to intrude on this tender moment.

"Gem, she's my..." he paused, then lowered his voice. "She means a lot to me. She's half the reason I'm here today."

I lowered my gaze and clenched my fists.

"Let's go inside." Gemma said.

Her flat was small, but it had character. Photos of friends and places plastered each surface. There were lots of colors.

She led us to her couch and waved her hand. Harry sat close to me and she sat on an armchair across a coffee table from us.

I stretched my arm behind Harry and placed my hand on his waist. My thumb rubbed circles in his hip.

"I have so many questions." Gemma finally said.

"Ask." he said.

She sighed. "Why did you do it in the first place?"

"Dad fucked up. I didn't want you and Mum to deal with it."

"So you had to cut us out of your life?"

He looked down. "I was young, Gem. May have been selfish, but it was easiest for me to do it that way."

"You fucked mum up, you know that?"

He threw his hands up. "You think I'm proud of the way I went about this?"

"Don't get angry." she said. "Are you okay, Harry? How have you been?"

"I was a mess for a while, but I can handle myself now. I'm fine."

"Mum misses you. I miss you."

"I know," he said. "I know, but it's easier this way for you. You're safer. Mum's safer."

As they spoke, Harry relaxed. They caught up some, spoke briefly about what has happened over the past years. Gemma filled him in on her life in the city. There was a formality between the two, though. They both tiptoed around each other.

"I won't be back, Gemma." Harry said, after their conversation had ended. "At least not for a long time."

She pressed her lips together and nodded.

"And don't tell mum I've been to see you. I haven't visited her, and I don't want her knowing I've been here. If you must say something to her, just say you saw one of dad's old friends at dinner and he mentioned me. Tell her I'm okay."

Gemma looked at him with parted lips, then her shoulder slumps and she nodded with a sigh.

There was a period of silence. Harry stood, and I knew it was because he still felt so rigid. He was anxious.

"We better get going, Gemma." he said. "We've got packing to do before we leave."

She sighed and stood. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

I stood. Gemma walked over to hug him.

She clung to him. "I know we've been through some shit these past few years, but you know I love you, right?"

"I know, Gem," he said. "I love you, too."

Once they hugged, we shuffled towards the door.

"Wait, Harry, you go ahead to the lobby." Gemma said, once Harry was through the door. "I want to speak with Tilly for a moment."

Harry looked torn. He glanced at her, then looked at me. I bit my lip and nodded, telling him I was okay. With that, he turned.

"Bye Gemma." And he was into the elevator.

I looked back at Gemma. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she leaned against the door.

"Why did he come here today?"

"Because he loves you." I said, honestly. "He's been torn between coming here and not all week. He was scared you wouldn't want to see him, and I'm sure he was scared of what he's worried about for years."

"Did you have anything to do with this?"

I shrugged. "I told him I thought you would really want to see him, that I'd have his back no matter what."

"And you will?"

"Always. I'm in too deep to back out now."

She chuckled. "Take care of my little brother, yeah?"

"I will." I said. "I promise."

We bid our goodbyes with sad smiles on our faces and I left to join Harry in the lobby.

"What did she want?" Harry asked, once I was in the lobby.

"Nothing much," I said, smiling at him. "I'm proud of you, Harry."

He looked down at the tiled floor. "You think I did the right thing?"

"I do." I said. "For her and for yourself."

He sighed and took my hand. "That's all I needed to hear."

--

BECAUSE I LITERALLY HAVE 100,000 FUCKING READS. this unreal. y'all are so amazing. 100,000. you guys. that's so much. oh my GOD. thank you so fucking much.

i'm sorry for not updating in a hot second, but i PROMISE i will update again soon. 100,000 READS. what the hell. 

i gave y'all a cute little chapter because of so many god damn reads. and also thank you for the votes and the comments. i love going through and reading what you guys comment. your reactions crack me up.

and the response seemed to be "hally" for the two of them, so i think that's pretty cute. 

i love you all so so so much, i thank you DEARLY. 

here's to ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND reads.

becca xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 79.3K 50
Sloan. 17 years old. Billionaire. Mafia Queen. At the age of 2 Sloan was kidnapped from her family by her father's second in command and taken to S...
521K 9.8K 34
βα΄α΄€κœ°Ιͺα΄€ α΄„α΄€α΄˜α΄ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏ α΄€Κ€α΄›Ιͺκœ±α΄›βž β€’ β€’ β€’ "You don't stop loving someone." β€’ β€’ β€’ β‡₯ ꜱʏɴᴏᴘꜱΙͺꜱ ᴏɴ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ꜰΙͺΚ€κœ±α΄› α΄˜α΄€Ι’α΄‡. β€’ β€’ β€’ α΄€ΚŸΚŸ Κ™α΄α΄α΄‹κœ± ᴀʀᴇ Κ€α΄α΄œΙ’Κœ ꜰΙͺΚ€κœ±α΄› α΄…Κ€α΄€κœ°α΄›κœ±
2.9K 66 13
Cause we're way too in love just to fuck and let go
5.3M 119K 65
"you shouldn't forgive the devil so easily"