Capture (Book 1 in the Wolfen...

Layla-A-D tarafından

In the year 2890 the planet earth has been overturned by supernatural species, werewolves to be exact. The re... Daha Fazla

Prologue
The Moons Call
Hidden Walls
The Suns Promise
Hunted
Torn Flesh
A Sisters Love
Devils and Witches
Mated
The Last Word
A Baths Cocoon
Family
The Beginning
Desecrated
Cleansing
Snakes and Butterflies
Torment
Truths
Tales and Trials
A Wolf Among Sheep
Rose Tinted Blood
The Bond Knows No Bounds
Pretty Scar to Remember
Aftermath
Flashing Lights
Appetite
Wolves Den of Inequity
Middle Ground
Changing Bonds
Moons Dance
Burnt Humanity
Sizzling Embers
Seeds, Part 1
Seeds, Part 2
Family Insignia
The Creed of The Wolfen Brethren
Punishing Post
Bitter Taste of Betrayal
Break The Cycle
Hope for the Future
Epilogue

The Last Born

14.4K 878 44
Layla-A-D tarafından

This has been edited but there may still be mistakes.

Neema was tense as she sat beside Alpha Nathaniel, 5 fights had finished and there was still no sign of Khan or his new mate Leslie. The thought that the two of them were together hurt her more than she thought it would. Even though she had practically shoved him in her direction, it still burnt her to envision it. She wanted to ask where he was just to ease her mind, but she didn't want to give into the feelings. Also Alpha Nathaniel was pretty scary regardless of whether he was her family or not.

"He's sorting out some last minute details before the move, he will be here for the last fight," his shoulder leaning against hers as he answered her thoughts. His face pointing towards the front, his eyes following the trail of each warriors moves. She did not know how he knew what she was thinking but she was thankful for his answer.

"Thank you" she mumbled as his large hand squeezed her knee before he stood up and clapped at the winning female. Her lithe frame had been a killer combination to her opponent. Her body had ducked and weaved around the swinging man, so fast that he just stood no chance.

There were now 4 more fights left and still no sign of Khan or even Carson. Neema found she couldn't pretend to be interested in the fights when she wasn't sure where either of them were.

Caillum was enjoying it as were most people. His little voice making ooh and ahh sounds as each warrior fought. He jumped and shouted with everyone else when someone came out victorious. He booed when the warrior he wanted to win lost or got hit. There was even a point when he had climbed atop his chair in his excitement, the chair had nearly toppled over at all his jumping. The Alpha's quick reflexes had caught him before he could get close to the floor. The short scolding Caillum received was enough to stop him from climbing on anything else.

The Warriors kept fighting and winners were found yet Neema was uninterested. She couldn't wait for this to be over, she needed to go see Vanya. The young girl had been avoiding Neema for a few days now and it didn't sit well with her, she suspected it had something to do with Carson but she didn't want to accuse him nor did she want to ruin anything between the two.

Vanya was young. Too young for him but Neema knew that the bond didn't care about age, if Carson was seeing other females then Vanya would be hurt. It was a hard thing to expect a wolf to wait years for his child mate to grow, especially as they had a culture that encouraged promiscuity. Wolves without mates were expected and encouraged to have sex whilst waiting for their true mate and with Carson's knew physique from training, Neema had no doubt he was dabbling. Perhaps it was best that he left Vanya alone, he was only tormenting both of them.

The last fight was about to start and Neema still couldn't see Khan but Carson was a different story. His broad chest was bare and sweaty from what she assumed was practice and nerves. His muscles rippled as he made his ascent to the mat. His curly golden hair was tied in a tight French plait down his neck. His face was stern, his forever present smile missing as the seriousness of the situation affected his countenance.

Seeing Carson like this was like seeing a different person, he had transformed from the young boy she met weeks ago into a strong man. She could understand why women flocked to him now and if he won it would only worsen. This would not end well. Vanya would be heartbroken and if Carson won his new position in the pack it would only make it worse because she was not leaving Vanya behind.

Though she had never introduced Khan to her, he had heard Neema and the kids speaking of her. He knew of Vanya and her position in Neema's life. Though she was stuck inside her prison cell here, Neema would see that it was different for Vanya wherever they went. There would be no leaving her behind and if her female suffered because of Carson's actions she would hurt him. He would learn like his brother had, friend or not.

Leaning forward in her seat, she waited with abated breath for the match to start. The atmosphere was tense, they all knew who was about to fight, it was the Alpha's last born, the one they had all underestimated. The son who had been shunned since he was a little boy. If he won, it would mean more than securing a place in his brother's pack, he would be showing them that he was always worthy of respect.

Carson attacked with such rage and vigour his opponent had no choice but to move into a defensive position. His strong body moulded around each blow the other Warrior made. Carson knew that he could only let his opponent hit him a few times. The male's fists were so large the impact of the blows would impair his speed.

Instead of defending and striking back as was his typical stance when fighting, Carson was the attacker. His fist met with male's nose, a heavy crunching sound coming from the wrangled nose, as his free hand swung into the mans solid stomach. The blow leaving the warrior winded. Carson kept striking not giving him time to recuperate, though the male didn't need the time. His heavy foot flicked out and kicked Carson back into the mat. His heavy foot stomping down beside Carson's face as he rolled to the side missing what would have been a deadly blow.

Carson was now in the defensive, his advantage waning as the male came back at him with a renewed anger. Carson continued to dodge each blow, his head bobbing as he tried to keep out of striking distance. The Warriors arm clipped him in the shoulder which left his frame wobbling for a short second. That second was more than enough time. The warriors arm struck out and met Carson's chiselled cheek. His head snapping to the side as his head was left reeling but he still persevered.

Carson absorbed the blow, using the momentum of the punch for his counter-attack. As soon as the Warriors fist met his skin Carson sent a quick jab into his opponents face, catching him unaware as his guard was down. It was Followed by another two quick jabs and one last forceful uppercut to his gut.

His heavy build bending over as he tried to grasp his breath. The position was perfect for the move he needed to finish the fight. Running at the male full speed he gripped the mans beefy neck in a tight grip. His arm locking around his neck as he threw their bodies to the ground. The man face planting to the ground as Carson caught sight of his cheering father and sister in the front row. His victory was only possible because of them. Their support was everything, plus that move Neema had taught him had become his favourite move to finish a fight with.

The bell rang to signal the end of the fight. The crowd went crazy at the sound. Mouths frothing as they howled and growled at the success of the fighters.

His father walked onto the mat, his strong hand patting him on the back, the force pushing him forward slightly. "Well done my boy" he congratulated, his fathers pride was clear to see by anyone. He had never been as happy as he seemed in the moment that his son won the fight.

Alpha Nathaniel raised his hands in the air to get the attention of the people. The other 9 warriors made their way into the mat, 6 males and 4 females stood behind The Alpha, their skin bruised and bloody from their individual battles but their grins took away from the gory sight they made. Satisfaction emanated from their eyes as they were all congratulated.

The space beside Neema was filled by the heavy presence of Khan. His musky scent mingling with smell of blood and sweat. She didn't even need to look in his direction to know it was him. He was the only male to ever cause goose bumps to rise along her skin, the only male who could do that. Whether that be arousal or fear, that physical response was all his.

His body remained stoic beside her, instead of pleading for her attention like he previously had, Khan acted as if she wasn't even there. His actions showed that he was ready to move on and she couldn't help but feel bitter about it.

She had prompted him to move on but his cold and callus attitude still hurt, he had no right to be that way towards her. She had been wronged, not him. He should be grovelling for at least another week. Even if she was never going to forgive him, a little humility and remorse was not a lot to ask for. His attitude showed her how much he had really cared for her. It only took him a couple of hours to give up.

She wasn't surprised, yet the resentment she felt threatened to swallow her whole.

Heaving a sigh, he placed his hands in Neema's and pulled her body towards him, motioning for her to head up to the mat, so he could ay his piece.

"I would like to welcome these final 10 warriors into my pack, each of you fought with honour, dignity, strength and wit. All characteristics make you the ideal for the pack my mate and I are forming. Congratulations to these fearsome men and woman and well done to all who participated."

The crowds cheering started up again as his speech ended. The masses calling out the names of the winners. It was like nothing Neema had ever seen before.

"Look at you, warrior boy. All feisty and manly" chuckled Emmaline as she poked at one of Carson's sweaty pectorals. Her arms wrapping around him as she congratulated him. Most people had cleared out of the training room, some still staying behind. Lingering on the afternoons events.

The absence of all the extra bodies gave them enough time to just mill about and be themselves, though Carson was still the main topic. Females gave him looks but he was too busy basking in his victory to notice, he probably would later on though.

"Neema, can I speak to you," Came the abrupt voice of alpha Nathaniel.

Though his sentence was formed as a question Neema knew it for exactly what it was. It was an Alpha demand. Giving her friend's a reassuring smile, she followed the Alpha to the other side of the room. There were less people to overhear their words.

"I would like to thank you for what you have done for my sons. Right now I speak of Carson but the change in Khan has also been noted"

The topic was not something Neema thought she would ever be discussing with her father-in-mating. That he would show her gratitude absolutely astounded her. His hand rose up to hush any rebuttal she was about to make.

"I know it is hard for you to understand but I have always loved my children. Carson especially. It may not have seemed that way but he was my little boy. My little miracle."

A wistful smile graced his lips as he though of his last born.

"He was born just as I reached my 300 mark, we struggle to have children after that point. I was shocked and happy, but then I saw that he was this little thing. So weak and fragile, I knew I had to protect him," a frown marred his face as he thought of his next words.

"Maybe I coddled him, but he was not like my other children, even my girls had that Manasseh fire but not Carson. I wanted to stop people from hurting him but in reality that was all I did," his hand ran over his shiny bald head as he looked deeply into Neema's eyes.

"You helped my son see his worth and his strength. For that I am internally grateful."

His hand falling from his head and clasping both her smaller hands in his.

"For that Neema, I'm going to warn you. Khan has something planned and I cannot stop him. It s his right," his face had become shuttered in darkness, as if what would happen to her next would hurt both her and him.

"He wants you to go to the punishment docks outside Neema. It is his right as your Alpha to order you there."

She couldn't go back there. The only thing waiting there was a whip. He surely couldn't mean to do that to her. She was pregnant! She also hadn't done anything wrong. Somewhere inside her she knew Khan wouldn't do that to her. She had told him of her fear of going back to that place, so he knew how she would react. The idea of even being around the beam she had been tied to brought back horrific memories.

She couldn't relive one of those beatings again. She had buried the memories into the deepest parts of her psyche but mentioning that place had them all resurfacing. It was as if she was going through it all over again. The flesh burning sensation. The smell of her hot, bubbling blood. She wouldn't live through any more torment. She'd had enough torture to last her a lifetime.

Tear rolled down her eyes as she felt her rage building, she was on the brink of destruction and Khan would suffer when she ascended over. Her vision was blurred with a red haze of tears, trickling across her skin and sinking into her pores. Stumbling across the room to them she tried to control her body but she was becoming jittery as a truck load of emotions rammed into her. She was scared, frustrated but more importantly she was livid.

Everyone had left the hall, bar her two friends, the cleaners and a waiting Nathaniel. His hovering had Neema on edge. He lingered around her like a bad smell that embedded itself into the furniture, until the rancid smell became a fixture on each thread of fabric. Always remaining. Nathaniel was that penetrable stench. It was no offence to him, not really.

Khan was not her Alpha yet. Nathaniel was until Khan became the Regional Alpha tomorrow. The technicality of one day was so minor yet that insignificant detail was so significant to her. If Nathaniel was still her Alpha then whatever Khan had planned was approved, if not aided by his father. Otherwise Khan would have no leg to stand on. Even if he based his command off her being his mate she wasn't his slave, as his mate she was not obligated to listen to his rules. It was something she had learnt in the trusty book of the Wolfen brethren's societal rules.

Therefore, Nathaniel was as much a perpetrator to he turmoil then Khan. If not worse because he was being discrete about his role in her punishment. In her esteem that made him just as bad as his psychotic son. One day could mean life and death for Neema, especially when it was regarding Khan. Yet her Alpha had given Khan ownership over her.

Her thoughts had sparked that mounting fire inside her, she was burning, vibrating, throbbing with her rage. She wouldn't run from him. No. She had too Much dignity to scamper like a frightened little mouse running from a carnivorous hawk, swooping from the sky at his prey. That was exactly what he was, but Neema was no mouse. She was a cunning fox and he had obviously forgotten that. She would remind him though. If he thought she would be dragged outside, kicking and screaming then he had another thing coming. She would slap him with so much meekness, he would keel over with her efforts. Then she would strangle him.

Her trust in him had dissipated, she would think the worst of him and with him being Khan, he would only prove her right every time. Her bravado was back with a vengeance.

"He thinks to either punish me for stabbing him again, for rejecting him. Or maybe for lying to him," her tirade trailed off as she realised there was a long list of inconsequential reasons as to why Khan could punish her. The list was so long it was harrowing to think about.

"Or he just wishes to frighten me so he could prove his dominance over me," she guffawed.

The idea that he could frighten her into submission was ludicrous. Every time he tried to strike fear into her she only came back fighting with such a force it left him reeling. This game he was playing would not end in his favour, not when she was this mad.

"You stabbed him?" Carson's shout was drowned out by Emmaline's loud bellow of "AGAIN?" it was only a little scratch and it had probably already healed.

Neema's cheeks reddened as both her friends stared at her in shock and dismay. Expectant of an answer that she was very reluctant to give. Maybe she had an uncanny perchance for stabbing Khan, it was one of her many faults that she vowed to work on. She would try and straighten out her knack for stabbing things as soon as she wasn't around Khan anymore.

6 years was a long time to work on that itty bitty flaw.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.2K 434 16
The world is ruled by werewolves. It has been for decades. Technology is advanced all over the world and werewolves have managed to make every conti...
569 53 14
"Oh Alpha, I don't care who you are, but I you're going to keep me here, you might as well just kill me," I said blandly He grabbed my wrist painfull...
10.8K 105 33
Leanna was a normal girl with a father, brothers and a little sister. She attended school and studied everyday. Only one thing. She is training to be...
431K 13.7K 60
Cruel, vindictive and murderous. His name lingered in every wolves' mind, the bitter hatred, all consuming. Tales of his victims were told to child...