Capture (Book 1 in the Wolfen...

By Layla-A-D

In the year 2890 the planet earth has been overturned by supernatural species, werewolves to be exact. The re... More

Prologue
The Moons Call
Hidden Walls
The Suns Promise
Hunted
Torn Flesh
A Sisters Love
Devils and Witches
Mated
The Last Word
A Baths Cocoon
Family
The Beginning
Desecrated
Cleansing
Snakes and Butterflies
Torment
Truths
Tales and Trials
A Wolf Among Sheep
Rose Tinted Blood
The Bond Knows No Bounds
Pretty Scar to Remember
Aftermath
Flashing Lights
Appetite
Wolves Den of Inequity
Middle Ground
Changing Bonds
Moons Dance
Burnt Humanity
Seeds, Part 1
Seeds, Part 2
Family Insignia
The Creed of The Wolfen Brethren
The Last Born
Punishing Post
Bitter Taste of Betrayal
Break The Cycle
Hope for the Future
Epilogue

Sizzling Embers

16K 830 95
By Layla-A-D

The has been edited but there may be mistakes.

Neema couldn't sleep that night, flash backs of the video kept running through her mind. Images of the destruction, the death kept playing over and over again until her mind was a burning mess. She was messed up and not even the soft huffs of her sleeping siblings could calm her now, she was twitchy and needed clarity. She feared that if she did not get answers now then she never would.

Heaving a soft sigh, she climbed from the bed, untangling the long limbs of Caillum from around her waist and climbing over Jana. Lightly shutting the door behind her she stepped further into the dimly lit room. The sight greeting her was one that caused her blood pressure to rise. A half naked Khan with loose fitting shorts slung along his waist, a light trail of hair along his chest and continuing into the band of his shorts. His legs were splayed open and his eyes were closed shut as he slept peacefully. His hands were behind his head and the blanket splayed at the foot of the bed.

"You make too much noise," Neema's heart thumped in her chest at his words, her cheeks turning pink at the embarrassment of being caught watching him. His deep voice rumbled a light chuckle as he reopened his eyes into a half shuttered sultry look, enticing her to pounce on him but she held back.

Her body twitched with the urge to join him on the bed but they weren't that familiar yet, this was Khan's room and she was intruding. Though he didn't seem to be to bothered by her presence, in fact a part of him looked excited but she tried to avoid looking there.

"You waiting for me to ask you to join me?" he mumbled, his mouth tilted into that smirk he often wore around her, at the sight of her slight nod he motioned her over. "Come here" he growled out when she hesitated a moment to long, his body rising from the bed until he sat crossed legged against the head board.

His arms folded across his large brown chest as he beckoned Neema with his sultry eyes, his pink tongue flicking over his bottom lip before he sunk his teeth into it. The man was temptation and he knew it, he was cocky but in this scenario she found it hot. The man was fire and he wanted to be kindled brighter. He knew what he was doing, could smell the change in her body and if she went by his bodies reactions he was enjoying the scent.

Getting on that bed could only mean one thing. She wanted what he offered her badly but at the same time she still had reservations about Khan, it had only been a little over a week since his change of heart. It was too soon but her body screamed, the bond vibrated.

"Come. Here," he growled putting emphasis on the first word as he motioned for her to sit between his now open legs.

His feet were planted firmly on the bed as Neema slowly crawled across the mattress, stopping a few centimetres from where she wanted to be. Khan glanced down at his lap before he looked back at her, his eyes telling her to move. He didn't want anything between them. She felt the heat emanating off his body as she shuffled that bit closer to him, her knees resting right at his juncture as she lent back on her legs. The large gap between their torso's annoying Khan as he gripped her hip and flung her legs around his waist. Her centre meeting his. Her body tilted back, her hands placed on the bed as she tried to keep some distance between them, some sanity. Their lower half was connected but their chests remained separated.

"I-I-I wanted to, uhh, talk to you about something," she gasped out as his body moved against hers, his ridge rubbing between her legs. His eyes remained focussed on her chest as if he had not heard a word that had slipped from her mouth but the small nod gave her confirmation to talk.

She couldn't though, not when he was rubbing against her like that.

"Khan", she moaned her eyes slipping close as she bit her lip, "please, I need to speak" her voice trailing off into small gasps as his hand moved from her hip to her back, clenching her tightly as he brought her body closer.

"Speak," his voice vibrated through her as her nipples pebbled harder, his eyes refocussing on them as he moved with more force.

Her hands moved from the bed, trailing across his legs and up his chest to his shoulders. Gripping him tightly she rocked slowly, biting her lip in pleasure. She clenched his shoulders tighter as she tried to find some will power.

"I t-t-think, mm" she moaned again, "I think, I found my sister, ooh Khan," she cried as he rubbed against her a little harder. Her heart beating fast as she tried to gather her thoughts but the blinding pleasure was clouding her mind. It was so addictive the way he moved against her, limbs rocking, rolling languidly against each other.

"Hmm," he mumbled as he began nibbling on her long neck, his beard tickling against her skin, tongue flickering.

"Khan, please! I'm gonna, uhh" her hands clenched his neck as she thrust down against him her face buried in his neck as she mumbled against his salty skin, "I'm go-o-ona" she squealed against him as her legs clenched around his body, her teeth sinking into the pulse she had previously been sucking on.  Wetness pooled between her legs as she gave a final jerk and collapsed against his chest. Her body lethargic.

"You found your sister," he grunted as he plucked at her sensitive chest, she slapped him away as she tried to climb off him but his hands tighten around her waist and forced her back down against his hardness. His brow raising in a challenge.

"I can't think like this" she whined gesturing to their position, a bashful frown on her face.

"How d'you think I feel, still hard," he slurred as he gave her a little thrust. His hazel eyes had become a deep abyss a long time ago, the black glistening in the lamp light.

"Okay," she grunted as she placed her hands on his shoulder and lifting her body slightly so they weren't so close together.

"Lara, she's in Wales. Well was, she's left now" her nose scrunched up as she thought on it "do you know an Alpha called Ferron?" she questioned, her eyes hopeful.

His eyes widened in shock at her question before he answered her, "Yes, he is a respected alpha, why do you ask?" his voice becoming accusing towards the end as his hands subconsciously clenched around her body.

"He's my sisters mate," she mumbled out as he began moving against her again.

"Nice," he drawled out but it was not about her sister's mate that he spoke of, not when her body was gyrating against his.

"khan, she whined out her hand slapping at his chest as she tried to get his attention away from where they were nestled together, "I'm not finished yet."

"Neither am I," he snarled out as he stopped moving, his face falling into scowl.

"I'll be quick," she promised. "So will I," he mumbled under his breath as he reluctantly paid attention to whatever she was about to say.

"So when I was snooping through The Alpha's database thingy, I found this disk. Well I didn't," she trailed off as her brain went off on a tangent before coming back to the topic, "but anyway I found this red disk about the end times and I wanted to ask you some stuff," she finalised as she eventually moved her eyes from his chest up to his eyes.

The quick flicker of red in his eyes told her that he was annoyed but trying to conceal it, air huffing from his mouth as his nostrils flared in annoyance. His head reluctantly nodded yes but his body tensed as if he was preparing himself for a blow.

"Okay, so I wanna know how did we survive, how did you guys become leaders. How did we get to this point" she queried.

The video didn't go any further than the initial destruction, it merely stopped as if the world ended after the bombs and natural disasters. In an essence the world did end, well the world they knew and in its place came a knew world. One that was not much better when it came to death and inequality but one that was not on the brink of a World War. Not yet.

"Humans caused our demise, that and our idleness and so what was left of the wolf packs decided that we needed to lead the world. See before the world ended we pretty much kept to ourselves. We were those 'crazy cults' that had their own civilisations in the middle of nowhere. Completely off grid." He looked to her to see if she was still with him, when he met her wide eyes he knew she was listening and continued on.

"We could see humans were destroying themselves but it wasn't us so we sat back, our lives were fine. But when those nuclear blares went off we knew we had messed up," his head shook in disappointment, "It's the Wolfen Brethren's biggest regret."

His eyes flickered to the ceiling as he thought back on the way his kind had failed humanity and in principle, were still failing them.

"So when the world stopped rocking from the aftershocks of what should have been the end, we began rebuilding. We were going to leave you humans to be sewage dwellers but then our child rate began decreasing and we were not finding mates among our kind. Our genes were messed up."

Neema was enamoured by the tale Khan was weaving, it was as if he had been there. As if he had seen the world end and had been forced to climb through the rubble to create something salvageable only to find out new life was not in his future. If she did not know better she would believe that this was his tale and not that of some old wolf who was probably long dead by now.

"It was a hard time for us, to realise that we were building a world that we would never share with our children," his emotions were clearly displayed across his face and in his eyes, he was hurting because some wolves still died without finding their mate or having a child. It was the sad reality of this world that they were the kings of.

"So we brought you sewage dwellers back into the fold, maybe it was natures will for our kinds to merge into one," he postulated, his mouth straightening as he turned the words over in his head. Giving the idea plausibility.

"But the sewage dwellers were resistant. They had spent the few hundred years we took to rebuild rotting the young's minds with lies. We became the enemy and so they became ours. We still don't like your kind" he grumbled out, his hands rubbing her back in an attempt to lessen the insult.

He didn't need to bother though because she already knew how they felt about 'her kind'. They thought her kind were vermin, the lowest of the low, pure scum. Only one person had ever had the guts to address her as such but many gave her looks, or whispered behind their hands. They were at the bottom of the hierarchy if they even made it onto the damn scale in the first place.

"Don't laugh but what's the Wolfen Brethren" she had heard so many references to these people but no one had explained to her what they were, nor had she never met a member of this Brethren.

"Hmm," he chuckled, trying to control the full laugh that wanted to spill from his mouth.

"The Wolfen Brethren is the council for the whole wolf community, worldwide. 12 wolves began the society amongst the rubble and created the laws we now follow. Only 50 families can trace their ancestry back to these wolves, to do so places you as a type of royalty amongst our kind."

"So I'm basically mated to royalty? Me, a little sewage dweller" she gasped as her hand clutched her chest in mock horror, "I am so damn lucky," she whispered in awe as her eyes widened and humour slipped behind her voice.

"Damn right you are, and don't you forget it" he rumbled out, nipping on her shoulder in retaliation. Laughter rumbling from his chest as hers broke free and she began laughing through her fingers, mouth wide as she tried to contain her sounds.

"I feel that now I know, it kind of makes all of this okay. Like it's okay to trust a wolf, to trust you."

She felt that knowing all about the past had helped her and khan's relationship in some way. Maybe it was because there was always some sort of animosity between the two because of their race. Werewolves and humans had hated each other for years but by hearing his words and seeing the video she felt as if she could trust them. As if maybe she could trust Khan. Deciding to trust him didn't mean that she would automatically but it meant that she was one step closer to giving it all to him.

"It is not okay, I have not done anything to earn your trust, yet. I do not want you to trust me just because some video told you werewolves are not your enemies anymore" his frustration mounting at as her reasoning replayed in his mind, his face was twisted up in anger.

"No, no, no. I don't mean it like that. It just feels like it's more okay now. I had already decided I wanted to trust you but now I know I'm not stupid for trusting you," she hurried out, her voice pleading for him to understand.

"Before I felt like I was crazy to be doing this, humans have hated wolves for years and well you didn't give me any reason to trust you" he grimaced as she made mention of their rocky not so distant past. "But the video just made me see that it's okay, it gave me that confirmation I needed, say you understand" she mumbled into his chest as she placed small kisses along his pectoral. Her soft lips distracting him from his anger.

"I just want you to think I am worthy of you and your trust. I know I have not done anything to make you trust me but I am trying. It may not be enough but I am trying. Say you can see that" his voice was edged with desperation as he all but pleaded his case to her. 

"I do, I will" she whispered out as her lips covered his in a sweet kiss, her hands framing his face as she pulled back to look into his soft hazel eyes. Her tongue flicked out and met his, mating with each other, hers soothing him. Giving him promises of things to come. Her soft sighs and his grunts filling the night around them.

//==//

The next morning Khan was feeling positive, him and Neema's relationship was finally progressing from that awkward stage it had been stuck in, into something real and hot. Last night had been hot. The way she had kissed him, when her body rocked along his he had nearly died. She was fire, pure hot burning molten fire and he loved how she set him a flame. They were truly becoming mates, there was no force, no fights no violence just pure loving.

She was beginning to trust him and he was reaping the benefits. Last night had made him regret the way he had started his mating off even more that he already did. Neema was a loving female and when you di god by her she was more than happy to bask you in her love. He would have that by now if he hadn't spent the past month and a bit trying to beat her into submission, but he couldn't keep dwelling on the past. For some crazy reason she was giving him a chance to prove his worth as a male and he needed to focus on that. This was his only opportunity to feel love and he couldn't mess it up again

Making his way down the corridor he headed towards his office on the other side of the compound, he pondered on what he would do next to secure her trust in him. Something to do with her family, something big.

"It has been a while since you spent time with me Khan, have you been avoiding me?" came a melodic voice, accompanied by the smell of cinnamon and musk.

Khan instantly remembered the red head female who had been hanging around him and his family like a groupie. he had seen her lingering around the compound for a few weeks now but he hadn't spent time with her, well not in the way she was implying. Her green eyes twinkling with mirth as her shapely eyebrows rose in mock annoyance.

"Avoiding you? I have been with my mate" he responded, his voice automatically deepening in lust.

He couldn't help his bodies reaction to her, she was after all one of his potential mates. The connection would never be as strong as his and Neema's for she was his true mate but as weak as the connection was, it was still there.

"Before or after you lay in my bed, hmm?" she questioned in a haughty tone. Sarcasm dripping from her mouth as her nose stuck up in satisfaction at catching the Alpha by surprise.

AN/ So I forgot to mention that there was a saucy version to this chapter. It will be in the book labelled restricted chapters on my profile. It's not necessary to read but if you're like me and love a little bit of smut then head over to that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477 6 20
"The sun and the moon will meet in the sky, two hearts beating as one, a union that will defy, the laws of man and wolf. A child of power and strengt...
569 53 14
"Oh Alpha, I don't care who you are, but I you're going to keep me here, you might as well just kill me," I said blandly He grabbed my wrist painfull...
39 2 9
Kyla comes from a generation of trained hunters who hunt bad wolves and bad vampires, but are also friends with good vamps and good wolves! She is a...
5.2K 435 16
The world is ruled by werewolves. It has been for decades. Technology is advanced all over the world and werewolves have managed to make every conti...