Armageddon: Skyward Sword (Re...

By Aranel-en-aino

Skyloft was never a very exciting place. What little danger that existed were small things, monsters that inh... More

To Be A Knight
Crimson Ego
The Wing Ceremony
The Chosen
Know Your Enemy
Demon Lord
Sent Home
Fires of Eldin
In The Way
Nick of Time
A New Hero
The Imprisoned
The Silent Realm
Faron
Seed of Lies
Unwelcome Visitor
Lanayru Sea
Abandon Ship!
The Pumpkin Landing
Fire Sanctuary
Fear And Awe
The Groosenator
Pipit's Distress
Her Grace
Pumpkin Brawl
Levias
Beastly Blackness
Out of Commission
Healing Poultice
Taken Captive
Sneaking About
Eye of The Loftwing
The Mob
Calm Before The Storm
Skyloft to the Rescue
Demon's True Form
Demise
Taken
Finally Free
Link
Groose
Pipit
Ghirahim

House Divided

3.3K 114 52
By Aranel-en-aino

 Your senses exploded as you examined your foe. Every monster you knew had a weak spot, and for this metal monster it was the beating red heart caged in its stomach. The problem was how to get there. He kept his chest well guarded by a pair of his arms. Link moved in closer to try to figure its system out, and it reached behind his back, tossing two blades straight at you. Rolling to the side, you hid behind one of the tall pillars, but you could feel the breeze from the blade as it whisked past.

Link also took cover behind a pillar, but when the blades had stopped readied himself to jump into action. You glanced behind you, seeing Koloktos ready to pound the ground with his large sabers. You yelled at Link, "Don't move!"

Link sneered at you and leaped from his hiding spot. "NO!" You cried as Koloktos slammed Link into the stone.

"LINK!" you raced to his aid, trying to pry the metal from his back. He was lucky the blade of the saber didn't slice him in two.

Link's eyes fluttered as he tried to stay conscious, hardly moving. You knew this beast wasn't going to be as easy as you thought. It was surprising though that Koloktos never tried to attack when it had Link pinned to the floor. Frantically looking behind you, you noticed the joint of its elbow had loops on it. Deciding to wing it, you got out your new weapon. Swinging it over your head, you tried to aim for the rings. The end of the whip twirled around it perfectly. Yanking down with all your power, you managed to jerk the entire arm out of its socket. The magical bond had been broken and Koloktos was one arm down.

You were now able to shove the arm off of Link, who coughed and groaned in pain. Like thunder, Koloktos was able to free his last two arms from the floor, and resume his fighting stance. Shaking Link, you yelled in his ear, trying to get him to his feet. He tried to move, his eyes closed trying to fight consciousness. You suddenly realized this battle would be between you and this monster. Dragging Link off to the side of the dome, you tried to think of your nest move as Koloktos readied for another attack. Dodging the swinging blades, you managed to roll out of the way before he pounded the floor.

Repeating your whip technique, you tore two more of his arms out of joint. Your mind worked furiously in the heat of battle, trying to figure a strategy out to best this beast. Suddenly realizing the monster had dropped his oversized weapons, you rushed over and did your best to lift the giant saber. With you heart beating out of your chest, you ran in towards it's gut with a battle cry and swung with all your strength at the golden cage. The gold buckled easily and you were left with an open heart to slash at.

Stroke after stroke you hear the sickening thuds as you hit its heart with all your strength. It managed to knock you back and you toppled over, which was expected considering the weight you carried. Grabbing your whip you readied yourself for another attack. Repeating the process again. Though it seemed like hours, the heated battle only lasted moments, and in the final hour when Koloktos jerked and screamed, it took forever before the pain would cease. Even though you were glad it was dead, it was always hard to see any monster, mechanical or creature, suffer.

The room brightened with victory, and you breathed deeply. Sweat dripped from your every limb, drenching your back. A groan behind you reminded you of Link, and you spun around to find him leaning against a pillar, trying to keep his balance.

"Link," You raced over to him, trying to help him balance.

He shrugged you off roughly, "Get off me!" He took a deep breath, never looking you in the eye as he made his way across the chamber.

A bit hurt with anger, your jaw dropped at his reaction, "I just saved your life! Isn't that what partners do?" You ran over beside him.

He smiled angrily, snorting, "Yeah right, 'partners.'"

You tried to grasp the feelings he expelled, "Look, I can explain what happened with me and Ghirahim."

He cringed, and snapped at you, "Don't ever say his name again! Just shut-up!" He walked through the door of the dome, leaving you speechless.

You almost wanted to cry at his reaction, but followed him into the small chamber, choking back your feelings. Everything briefly faded away when you saw a bright green bonfire contained at the end of the chamber as Link's sword shone with power. Fi appeared in front of you, "Raise your sword master and your bow mistress."

Unstrapping your bow from your back you raised it in front of you with Link's sword. Fi was suddenly engulfed in the green flame as she bounced around the room, landing in front of you. In moments, the power of the green flame shot into your weapons. It was difficult to hold it before you, and not have it knocked from your grasp. It stopped quickly, and your weapons were left burning in green flames. A bright flash of light nearly blinded you as your weapon transformed in appearance and strength.

Fi came out of the fire, "The sacred flame has purified your weapons, enhancing them and evolving them. We should return to the Isle of Songs." With that she vanished into Link's new sword.

"Link?" You looked at him, but he still avoided your gaze.

He sheathed his sword and quickly left the dome with you limping behind. During the battle you forgot about the bite to your leg, but now it stung with infection, and the bleeding increased, soaking your entire leg. You just wanted to go home to Skyloft. The whole journey back was completely silent. Even your loftwings seemed to be exceptionally quiet. The sun was setting as you landed, turning the sky blood red. Going your separate ways, Link slammed the door of his dorm room and left you there. In frustration, you limped angrily into your room, tossing your weapons aside.

Gingerly taking off your boot, you decided to take a look at your wound. The sight of it made your skin crawl. Strings of saliva from the undead's mouth still clung to the wound. Once you cleaned it with spiced water, the stinging reduced, and you were able to wrap it up. The realization of the stench from your clothes suddenly hit you like the heat from an oven door. That wasn't something you were going to be able to sleep with! Grabbing a change of clothes, you limped up the staircase towards the bath. Thankfully no one was using it and you had the entire room to yourself.

Peeling off the layers of sweaty clothes and dropping them aside you slowly sunk into the warm water. Your wound stung as the water cleansed it, a stream of blood leaking from beneath the bandage to dance the clear liquid. The pain was nothing compared to the wonderful feeling of the water soaking into your skin. Having no need to rush out, you relished in the comfort until you started to feel sleep overwhelm you. It felt so good to just change into comfortable, dry clothes and plop down into a soft pillow. Then you remembered Link when you heard a ruckus come from his dorm.

You would have ignored it if it had ceased, but another frustrated thump would echo through the wall. You sighed... This had to end now! You couldn't stay distant from your partner and best friend through this journey. Tossing your blankets aside, you stomped over to his room, not bothering to knock and wrenched it open.

Link

All I can think about is that first day when ___ followed me down to the surface... The day when I stumbled across that demon hovering over her limp body. The first in my mind was he had killed her, but then what followed was almost worse... I knew what he was doing. Gnawing and tasting her neck like the serpent he is... My imagination is running wild now that Ghirahim placed those thoughts in my head... Thoughts of him and ___... I know I should at least listen to ___'s side of the story, but right now I can barely look at her! I care for her deeply, and the feeling of the possibility of betrayal is more than I can take!... She saved my life again today... When I made a stupid decision in that temple! Even with her wounded leg she was able to take that beast down. She's more of a hero than I... Why am I still so angry!? Oh goddess, please give me the strength to reconcile with her!

Pipit

I'm just finishing up my rounds on guard duty tonight, and since I'm really close to the academy I guess I'll go inside and see how ___ and Link are... I heard they came back in a bad way this afternoon. They wouldn't even talk to each other or anyone else. I just wanna make sure ___ is alright and possibly explain my relationship with Karane. That everything didn't work out between us... and kinda left an opening... No, I won't say anything like that... That kind of talk scares some people away. I just want to let her know I'm here for her if she needs me.

Groose

Well, my project is coming along quite nicely! I've got all the structural components of it in tact... I'm still a ways off, but I'm getting there! I never knew I had any of this in me! I mean I knew I was kinda good at engineering and construction, but I never paid much attention to it when all I wanted to be was a knight of Skyloft. I think I almost like this better! It's quiet and I can concentrate among all the nature and out into the night with the stars. Since I don't have a loftwing, I can't really do much else but work and think about ___.

Ghirahim

So far I'm very pleased about how this whole breaking point is turning out, but... ___ seems determined to fix things... Which might actually happen if she uses the right methods... Hmm. I guess I'll have to see how this plays out between them and take it from there. I should know from personal experience, plans can go awry. Simply because you planned them with nothing as a back up... I'll see how she handles Link's anger. Even if that seed of doubt was partially because of my magic influencing his mind, spells can be broken... Especially those with delicate situations attached to them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 114 16
A small kitsune, hurt, broken and betrayed by his/her own clan. Was chased into the woods of Awgatow, Hyrule. Injured on the brink of possible death...
1.7K 13 22
On his quest to save Zelda, Link is hounded by the mysterious Demon Lord Ghirahim. Even though they're enemies, Link cannot help but wish that things...
406 0 25
Fifteen millennium since the great calamity, the world has moved on. Link is Zelda's, the soon to be queens, royal knight the wielder of the fabled g...
5.8K 201 12
[Being edited] Posted February, 2017 (After reading a couple of Ghirahim X Link fics i got in the mood of writting one myself.) Link had won, he defe...