The Boy: Brandon Dursely

Av KidOfTheAshes

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... Mer

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Bran
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 22: Almost Christmas
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 27: Beyond Everything
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape
Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 18: Hols

4.6K 190 44
Av KidOfTheAshes

They had swore to never mention the troll incident to anyone.

Bran swore to never tell anyone about the headaches and the nightmares. He swore to kill whoever was making his head hurt. He read a lot, and he knew what that somebody was doing to him. He had read something called Legilimency- a way of entering the mind. He had a hunch that maybe somebody was trying to enter his mind and was the one who made him see those horrifying images of an almost nose-less, pale man, resembling a snake, hissing lowly to him. The man was telling - no, hissing at him, that he would kill him. He would come back. The man (or is it really supposed to be called a man at all?) would make him die just like what he did with his beloved parents, and his family.

It made him shiver but to his wonderment, he was not feeling fear towards the stranger who was clearly a madman - what he felt was anger. Why not? The man admitted to killing his parents and his family who loved him. The man had taken away everything he had cared for, took away the people who cared for him.

During this episodes, he would grasp the dark, warm sheets of his bed and try to fight the oppressing force that was trying to consume him. He would bolt awake, eyes almost diluted and throat raw from keeping his mouth clamped in order to avoid disturbance. He never could sleep again and he would tiptoe his way down the stairs towards the Common Room and make a small fire the Muggle way. He would crouch in front of the fire and watch the flames dance. He would think of all those people; James and Lily Potter, Petunia, Vernon, Dudely, but he did not cry for them. He was long done with crying and he knew he had no more tears to spare.

More than a few times did his thoughts wander to his Head of House. For some reason, he was enamored by the man. Snape was graceful, enigmatic, witty and dangerous. And for some reason, he kept digging into his mind as to where he had met the man. He could swear that he never knew Snape's existence before the Apothecary incident, but there was always a feeling that he had known him even before he could speak.

At around three in the morning, he would creep back up his dorm and that was the only time that he slept. After two hours, he would awaken again, ready to attend classes and face the world.

----

It has been two days since that dreadful night, and Dumbledore was worried that he might not make a good take on it, but Severus Snape was weighing all the options.

Snape was almost delirious. The parchment was still there; solid and real. For the umpeeth time that he took a good look, there was still the same words and the same names. His name was still in same paragraph and the Potter boy was still as silent as ever.

Snape was sure that he will never take the boy- never! Never in any cicumstance but the McGonagall woman was now sneering at him every time she would catch him looking at her or vice versa, and he can't stand it! Dumbledore was adamant for him to make his decision, but he knew that once he would reject the boy, Death Eaters would die just so they could give the boy to their Master, who, in Snape's opinion, would arise again, one of these days.

Should he agree, he would face the consequences and that would mean losing to James Potter again. The man was dead, but in every way he can, he still comes back and haunts Snape to his sanity's end.

He was a man who reveled in the glory of victory, after all.

So, here he was, trying to bore a hole onto his carpet in his personal quarters. His mind was tired of thinking about the parchment, Dumbledore, McGonagall and the blasted boy! When will he ever get some peace?!

But he is also Lily's son!

He was horrified when Minerva McGonagall appeared out of nowhere, her eyes flashing with determination and screaming that the brat was also his mother's son.

Why did it even surfaced?

Had the whisky in his hand not enough to drown them or had it been the guilt that ate him, and still eating him, was slowly making itself known?

Snape let himself fall to the couch.

He sighed. Truly, this was madness, but what could he even do? McGonagall was right again, given her penchant for nagging. He really had to other choice but to take the boy in.

-----

When morning dawned, Dumbledore was already alert and awake. The castle was back to its constant hustle and he resigned to having a few cups of sweetened Chamomile Tea this morning. Snape has just Floo Called him a few hours ago. Of course, he agreed. The one he dared to cross was Minerva Mcgonagall, after all. She was known for her... convincing qualities and her determination, especially if she knew she was right. For Albus Dumbledore, it was yet another step to take. Harry Potter would be a fine, brilliant wizard, and although the boy did not go to Gryffindor as they expected, still, the Headmaster knew Slytherin is a good House, known for rearing powerful, intelligent witches and wizards. No, he knew that not all evil wizards come from Slytherin. Look at Snape, for example. The man was brilliant and knew exactly what to do and when to do it.

But he knew that despair can be a force that may or may not push people towards another road, and losing one's family twice, well, Albus would be surprised a little if it would make the Potter boy go and join Voldemort. So, he knew they had to find the boy the appropriate guardian sooner rather than later, to guide him to the better path; the path for the 'Greater Good'.

He was surprised though, when the Wizengamot, the wizarding council, gave him a document to 'help him'. It was recovered by Augusta Longbottom, who had known about the document. She was, after all, the woman that single-handedly handled the Potter account for years, even before James Potter attended Hogwarts. She was also one of the witnesses. The other was Hubert Kenstalk, who died during the War.

He was only momentarily surprised when Lily Potter Entrusted her only child to her bestfriend, Severus Snape. Although Snape resented her husband, still, she did not make this a reason to think why Snape would maltreat the boy, or lead him to Voldemort. She seemed to have known Snape better than anyone and during those times, Snape was still one of You-Know-Who's minion wholeheartedly, so Dumbledore could not pinpoint why James Potter agreed to this; an agreement that may have been considered outrageous back then.

But it has come down to this, didn't it? It made things far easier, yet far complicated as it had been before.

When and should Voldemort rise again, Snape had to resume his spying role, and the boy would have to save them. But then again, Severus would make it easier to protect the Boy-Who-Lived.

Either way, it was gamble.

Although, he would like it for once when he wouldn't think of anything other than lemon drops and oversweetened teas.

----

As the day progressed, Bran already had a feeling that he would be summoned to the Headmaster's office soon. His friends were now looking forward to their Holidays. Draco was going to Switzerland, the Twins were going to invent a love potion, Melinda would make her hair blue, Liannus would go to Nepal, Lancelot would go with Nott to Hawaii for a 'tropical Christmas', the others were, as always, going home and Hermione would search for more clues about the third floor. He said he was probably going to a new family, so, he would update them about his status, to which they looked at him with pity and sympathy.

Brandon hated being pitied.

"Mister Dursely?" Verona approached them, his tanned skin almost looking like copper, "Professor Snape calls for you. He is waiting outside."

Brandon shrugged and murmured his thanks and excuses amd proceeded towards the Entrance. The Bloody Baron passed by him and he bowed a little before he went out.

"Ah, right on time, my boy!" The Headmaster was also there, smiling and his blue eyes twinkling.

"Headmaster, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape," he greeted his mentors and they then proceeded inside the Headmaster's Office.

"Please sit, young sir." Dumbledore's robes were hideously pink this time, "As you well know, we are here to discuss about the upcoming Holidays." To that he nodded. He expected that.

"Now, I suggest you read this, please, my boy." The Headmaster handed him a parchment while the old man popped a lemon drop into his mouth. Brandon took the parchment, unrolled and read it in earnest.

When he looked up, he had a confused look in his eyes and McGonagall cleared her throat, "I trust that young Mister Potter- may I call you that?" He reluctantly nodded, "...is now well aware of what the document implies. Your Head of House is your Entrusted. Your parents gave over your care to him. I am aware of your large reading capacity, Mister Potter. I think you have encountered this?"

He did, "Uhm... it's an old tradition, right?"

"Eloquent as ever, I see, Potter," his Head of House said, dropping the mister and Bran licked his lips, "You may continue."

"It... it means my wards have been transferred to you, sir, as well as my guardianship. And... you... you agreed to this, sir?" Brandon was never unsure as he was right now.

"Until you come of age, yes." Snape supplied.

"Shortened and precise," the Headmaster praised, "Now, the question lies; do you agree to this?"

Brandon looked at the adults around him. Having someone is better than having no one, "I... I think so."

McGonagall's eyes widened then she smiled widely, and the Headmaster's eyes twinkled a little more.

"It's settled then! Good luck to the both of you." The Headmaster's voice never sounded so happy like that before.

---

Snape eyed the boy. Part of him was thankful that the boy seemed to have no objections, and part of him was annoyed at the new task ahead. The boy was, after all, pompous and a brat! Just like-

Since when did you become judgemental?!

Snape hated his Inner Voice. It now sounded like McGonagall and Snape hated it!

"Bye, 'Mione. I'll write soon." Potter waved towards his friends. He was the only one who was left out of all the Slytherin First Years and it was the day of going home for the Holidays for Hogwarts. When the boy turned back at him, Snape sneered at the boy and motioned him to come with him. The boy seemed to be silent most of the time, and reading or making doodles were the only recreation the boy had, Snape noticed for a day that the boy stayed with him. He seemed to be well-mannered and Snape did not need to remind him too much of things.

The boy had stayed with him just last night. They were advised by the Headmaster to spend their holidays in Spinner's End 'for a change'. Snape scoffed at this and the boy's eyes widened. He seemed to recognise the place and it made Snape wonder at to what extent Petunia told this boy.

"I'm alright now, sir." The boy was now at his side.

"Very well." Snape strode back to his dungeons as Potter followed and when they arrived, he told the boy to gather his belongings as they were to go to his home.

"Yes, sir." The boy said curtly and did as he was told. When he went down, already had a small duffel bag, a handcarry trunk and his direwolf about and beside him. So far, Snape approved the boy's clothing. Petunia seemed to have taken good care of her pseudo son and Potter seemed to have etiqutte drilled unto him. If the boy would stay this way, Snape would actually consider the boy as tolerable, at the least.

"I trust you know how Floo works, Potter." Severus said as the boy went to his side. The boy looked at him, as if holding something back.

"If you have something to say, Potter, you need to spit it out, or I will be forced to make you spit it."

Although quite afraid, the boy quipped, "I... I hope that... you..."

"I want complete sentences, Potter. Surely, you can manage that?"

The boy seeemed to fumble the small buttons of his robes, then looked up as he seemed to gather enough courage to speak, "I would prefer if you would call me Dursely, sir."

Snape raised an eyebrow, "You would rather me calling by that infernal Muggle surname than you real surname? Surely, you jest, boy."

"I..." The boy did not take his eyes off him, and Severus was not getting annoyed, "Please, sir?" The green eyes looked at him expectantly.

"I'm the adult here, Potter, and do not tell me what to do or not to do." Snape said, growling dangerously.

At that, the boy looked down, his shoulders visibly seemed to let themselves down and the boy's familiar nuzzled in his hand, sensing the unease of his master.

"I'm sorry, then, sir. I won't..." a small sigh, "...ask of it again."

"Make sure that you do, Potter. Now step on to the fireplace. Say 'Snape's Residence, Spinner's End'. Go." The boy did as he was told. Snape watched as the boy as he disappeared within the flames and Snape followed suit.

----

As soon as he stumbled out of the Floo, Brandon came face to face with a spacious house. It had earthly colored walls, and the floor was covered with warm, soft rugs. He was in the living room, he supposed. There was a fireplace, a coffee table and a sette. There were small bookshelves and to his right was a kitchen with an adjacent dining area good for four to six people. Then there was the magnificent, winding staircase; its dark polished wood glinting with the light that came from the fairly sized window in the living room. He could see around five to six doors above, and two doors, resembling those in the dungeons, almost like in a pirate's ship's, can be seen when one looked beneath the staircase. Bran guessed it might be something personal to Snape, and although he head stayed in the dungeons for a night, he marveled at how warm and homey the Professor's home was.

"Finding it to your picky taste, Potter?" Severus expected the boy to look at it in disdain, knowing that this boy might have lived in an affluent house with his adoptive family.

Instead, what welcomed Severus were glinting, green eyes full of excitement. The boy struggled to not let his giddiness get the better of him, and so he added as slowly and as quietly as he could, "If I would have a house of my own sir, it would be just like this."

Brandon meant it. He meant every word. The house, although not extravagant, spoke of a simple man with simple wants, and it seemed Snape was just like that- simple. It did not boast of gold or money or riches, but it was house made for contentment.

Brandon smiled at his Professor, now guardian, and for the first time, Brandon saw Snape struggle what to say.

---

"Come." Was all Severus could muster after Potter's totally unexpected answer. Snape kicked himself mentally at this. The boy was actually liking his home, and to Snape... well, truly it was something that bought an eerie warmth in his chest and on his stomach. For a moment, all Snape could see were green eyes- Lily's eyes, full of life. Severus could not say, for once, something sarcastic, and so he resigned to turning himself away from the boy and lead him to the second floor. The boy seemed to get the idea.

As they passed by the first room, Snape opened it and revealed the library. Again, Snape looked away as those eyes went full of life. Snape knew the boy was a voracious reader.

"This is, as you can see, the library. You may enter here as long as you do not set it afire or destroy anything here, Potter, but seeing that you love books, I am assured, at least, that you will not damage them."

Next they went in the room next to the library, "This is my room. I know you know what this entails." A few more steps and they reached the boy's room, "This will be your room, boy. Go in, get ready. I will call you when dinner is ready."

----

When the boy entered his room, he smirked as he saw that Snape had made it just like the rooms in the Slytherin dorms. At least, it made him feel comfortable a little. The man was not heartless, after all. Although, the way he said Potter made it sound like a curse word.

He arranged his clothes in a small wardrobe that Snape provided and set Sebastian's stuff in a little corner. Maybe, he'd ask the Professor where to put the dog's food and bowl later. He then put the few books he had brought along with him atop a small desk, along with his few quills and ink pots. He inserted the thin roll of parchment inside a drawer beneath the desk.

He then looked around and feeling satisfied, he proceeded down when he heard Snape's gruff voice.

---

At dinner, Brandon was silent and was eyeing Snape cautiously.

The clanging of fork and spoon was all that was heard and Bran couldn't help but wonder what could he do during the next days where he was sure that Snape would pretend that he was nowhere to be seen or he doesn't exist. The food from Hogwarts' kitchen, obviously Dumbledore's doing, was what they had for dinner amd it was so good.

"After this, you may do whatever you want, boy. Just stay out of my way." Snape said and Brandon swallowed his mashed potato before nodding and said, "Yes sir."

Snape grunted in reply. As Brandon stood, he started to gather the dishes. Snape raised an eyebrow at this.

"Washing dishes is my chore at home, sir."

Snape just stared at him again then left him qiuetly.

---

Before Bran retired for the night, he read and wrote several practise essays and as the clock struck 10, Snape came in.

"Good to see you're deligent outside school, too, Potter."

Bran wondered how he managed to sneer while giving an actual compliment.

"Uhm..."

"But it's already ten in the evening and I need you to sleep."

He did not realize how late it already is. He was used to having curfews.

"Oh. Uhm, I'm sorry sir. I will sleep now. Thank you for reminding me. Good night, Professor."

"See that you do." The man left, his cloak billowing behind him.

----

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

34.1K 969 25
Starting school at Hogwarts you, Hermione, Ron, and Harry stumble upon something's that point to a certain potions professor being up to no good. Fee...
213K 6.2K 42
Severus Snape finds himself alive after the war, saved by none other than the insufferable know-it-all. But did he even want to be saved? Hermione on...
358K 9.6K 35
🏅number 1 in #severus🏅 Y/N Snape, the daughter of the one and only Severus W. Snape. A girl who's famous for all the wrong reasons. A girl who is...
178K 3.8K 26
Demetria Lauren Evans Snape, had found out she was a wizard at the age of 10, she knew she'd been adopted her whole life, but finding out she's a Wiz...