That emo kid - A Zane x reade...

By AriWritesStuff

Phoenix Drop High. A chance of a lifetime for you, and your parents. You came to the school fully prepared fo... More

Chapter 1: "What Did I Do?"
Chapter 2: "Leave Me Alone."
Chapter 3: "Leave Him Alone"
Chapter 4: "We're Both Dorks"
Chapter 5: "I'll Always Be Here"
Chapter 6: "Daughter In-Law" Part One
Chapter 7: "Daughter in Law" Part Two
Chapter 8: "Did I Kiss You?"
Chapter 9: "You Are Here"
Chapter 11: "Ferris Wheel"
Chapter 12: "Outsiders"
Chapter 13: "Moved Away"
Thank you!

Chapter 10: "First Date"

17.7K 596 2.8K
By AriWritesStuff

Your POV

Most of this month was incredibly awkward.

Zane and I held hands class to class, with him embracing me before racing to the opposite side of the school for his.

I swear if he didn't have asthma, he'd be on the track team.

I was generic, all flustered and blushy when we hugged in public and acted like a couple,

But he took it a bit too far.

Zane was the kind of guy who was actually legitimately scared of social events.

Especially anything to do with romantic intentions.

He would often attempt to push me away, accepting my tight squeezes reluctantly only after I pull the puppy dog eyes on him.

I honestly think he's just embarrassed he has such a cute girlfriend.

I mean, who wouldn't be?

I've been trying to flirt with him all week, but all his reactions are mostly identical or resemble each other.

Blushing and turning his head, or covering his face.

The students must either think we're a cute couple, or the most cringe worthy.

I'm thinking the cringy one.

~~~~~~~~~

I was walking home with Zane, hand in hand, when he asked some couple questions.

"What do you do when you date?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know. You asked me out."
"I wasn't exactly thinking straight."
"You asked me out, not Travis. That's pretty straight to me"
"Not that kind of straight Y/n"
"I'm joking."

I chuckled, staring at the road before us.

I had absolutely no idea what couples do.

High School Musical lied to me.

"I think they go on dates."
"What's that?"
"When two people like each other-"
"I didn't ask for a lecture on the birds and the bees. What's a date."
"A type of fruit"
"Y/n"
"Alright, alright. No more jokes."

I stopped laughing and turned to face his direction.

"A date is like two people go to the movies or something. Maybe eat at a restaurant. Go to the mall and window shop. Things humans normally do, but with their significant other."
"I still don't get it. If it isn't that special, than why haven't we gone on one yet."

He blinked. I rolled my eyes to the back of my skull.

This idiot.

Oh how I adore him.

"You have to ask me on a date, moron."
"You're the moron."
"Just ask me."

I stopped walking once we reached my house. Zane stood straighter and inhaled deeply.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"
"Let me think about it"

I say condescendingly

"Y/n!"

He whined.

"Alright alright, I will. Text me the details later, okay?"

I replied, pecking his cheek and entering my house. I waved to him, closing my door.

~~~~~~~~~

We decided to just chill around the mall. He would wait outside the shop while I had a ball trying on clothing and asking him if it looked good.

In reality we're probably just gonna hang around the food court and play Pokemon Go. Maybe look at the GameStop.

He met up with me at the shop, sporting a cute black sweatshirt and grey jeans. His bag over his shoulder.

"You ready?"

He asked, scratching his head.

I was wearing a blank mint green shirt, black pants and a hat.

"Of course!"

I assumed he wanted to go to hot topic first, Zane kind of gravitated to it.

"Let's go in."

I sigh and watch as he stares at the Harry Potter aisle intently. The entire shop is playing Panic! At the Disco songs.

I bought a few CDs and a scarf.

He came out with a bag full of black hoodies and grey pants. It was like he just bought everything they had that screams

"My chemical romance"

(I mean I did too but not today)

I dragged him to the GameStop. We stayed for an hour just scrolling through the Wii u games.

I totally beat him at Mario Kart

But he destroyed me in Smash.

"Let's go again!"
"No, I won fair and square"
"If you two aren't gonna buy anything then leave."

The cashier was kinda peeved, so we left in silence.

I chased a Pikachu to the end of the mall, to come out winded.

But successful.

Zane sat at the pokestop and caught pidgeys over and over.

"I'm getting pidgeot."

He replied when I asked why.

Eventually, we grew hungry so we rode the elevator down to the food court.

There weren't as many shops as I thought. Mostly taco stands and a few burger places.

We both ended up getting (food) and just eating away.

We sat on stools and I asked him what he purchased at Hot Topic, along with the other stores we stopped by on our Pokemon quest.

"I bought more clothes."
"Figures"
"Shut up."
"You love me."
"That's not exactly a sound argument."

We finished our food and made a stop at the Macy's. Zane wanted to get something. I chased around an Eevee before he walked up next to me with a small bag.

"What's that?"
"For you."

He handed me the plastic tote. I rummaged through it to find a small box.

It had a ring in it.

"Uhh.. Zane? We can't get married yet. It isn't exactly legal."
"No you complete-"

He stopped himself, hiding his face in his jacket.

"I mean, it's a promise ring."
"A what?"
"I looked up an article on cute date gifts and this was the first one"
"Awwwwww"
"Shut up! Do you like it?"

I looked down at the ring. It was silver plated with a rhinestone in the center. Ornate yet simple. My style.

"How much did you pay for this?"
"It's from Macy's. If I wanted to actually marry you I would have gone to London Gold or something."
"That's a relief."

I put it on, noticing how perfect it fit on my finger.

"Thank you."

I pulled him into a hug, him reluctantly holding me back.

"Now I gotta get you something."
"No. That's the boys job."
"Stop reading Buzzfeed articles."

~~~~~~~~~

I ended up buying him a necklace. It was a chain with spikes laced in the center. He seemed to enjoy poking me with it as we ended our shopping trip.

I stopped at the door, waiting for him to catch up as Zianna waited at the doors.

"That was fun."

I said, smiling wide at him. Zane flushed and turned his head.

"Yes, well, that's how it's supposed to go, right?"
"Duh."

I nodded and started walking towards the car. He tugged my sleeve.

"Hmm?"

I turned around only to be kissed on the lips. He broke it and backed away.

"I-I was aiming for your cheek-"
"It's fine."

I laughed and smirked at him

"We are a couple, after all."

---------------

Admin time!!

MOST OF THIS IS ACTUALLY BASED OFF ME TODAY CAUSE I WENT TO A MALL BUT NOT ON A DATE CAUSE IM LITERALLY THE MOST SINGLE VIRGIN PERSON EVER.

*ahem*

If your disappointed that there's no fluff.

Oh boy will you love next chapter.

THANKS FOR READING :)

By the way #TeamMystic bitches

Pokemon go has taken over my existence please help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.4K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
91.5K 2K 29
You wake up inside of a building with no roof. Leaves are the cover and a slew of people are standing around you. What happened? Where are you? Find...
231K 7.1K 51
This story is inspired by another story I have read and is based off of your character going to school with the vanossgaming crew. But what's bad ab...
83.3K 1.5K 13
You are invited to your best friend Mai's birthday party, then they want to play 7 minutes in heaven. Who will you get? Also added ZEXAL too! {Discon...