Blind Crimson

By SlingbysDaughter

Candace Valentine is a 19 year old blind woman with a terrible life. She is the hated child of the family. He... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Just an update I'm afraid!
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
NOT THE END!
New Book

Ch. 2

31.6K 838 113
By SlingbysDaughter

CRASH! BANG!

"Brother, you must calm down." Aro said from his throne as his blonde hair brother destroyed his desk.

"How do you expect me to calm down when our mate is out there with... with..." He growled and kicked his chair into the wall.

"Felix and Demetri did the right thing, brother." Marcus chimed in. "Two men approaching a woman, a blind woman," he said with a slight growl, "would cause suspicion. Especially if the two other women were to come back as they were walking away."

"From what we saw, Master Marcus, they were not coming back." Felix said. "Also one of them whispered to the other about, 'ditching the nuisance'."

"Humans are such deceitful creatures." Aro sighed, and rubbed his temple.

He was agitated as well. They couldn't do anything though without exposing themselves. Mainly because the sun was now coming out.

"So we just leave her out there to sit and be picked up by another?" Caius was ready to run outside and pick her up himself.

Aro glanced at his brother, his red eyes smoldering with anger. "And what, brother, pray tell, we do?" His tone was calm, yet deadly.

Caius went to open his mouth when Heidi, a secretary and 'tour guide', came in and the smell of cherries and cucumbers became more prominent.

"Masters, there are a group of humans here. Shall I postpone lunch?"

"Is there a young woman, by chance, with maroon hair?" Aro asked.

"Yes?"

Aro smiled brightly. "Jane."

In a flash the small blonde vampire was beside him. "Yes, master?"

"Please take her from the group and into the garden. No harm is to become of her." He side glanced at her. "By anyone."

She nodded her head before walking out with Heidi to the group. She noticed the red-head, with sunglasses on. It confused her why she was wearing them inside the castle, but she walked up to her.

"Excuse me, miss?"

The woman didn't turn but jumped slightly.

"Yes?"

"I lost my brother and I was wondering if you could help me?"

A bleach blonde teenager, that stood next to her snorted. "Like she'd be much help."

Jane raised an eyebrow at her, and really wanted to use her gift, more than normal, for some reason.

"Val..." The woman turned her head in her direction and smiled. "I would love to help you, but..." She removed her glasses to reveal white eyes. "I can't exactly see anything."

Jane felt a rush of anger as she saw her eyes, for reasons she did not know as well, but she put on a smile.

"That's alright. I just need someone to accompany me is all."

"How old are you, sweetie?"

"13."

"Where are your parents?"

"They work in the castle and are currently too busy to help me..." She wasn't even trying to act helpless at this point.

Jane felt a pull towards this woman. A voice in the back of her head begging her to get this woman away from the blonde.

"I'll help you, hun. What's your name?"

"Jane."

"Well, Jane, it's a pleasure to meet you. Now," she held her hand out, the one currently not holding onto her stick, "let us go find your brother, shall we? Besides, I don't think a tour of a castle is the best thing for someone who can't even see, right?" She tried to joke.

Jane nodded, even though she couldn't see her and went to grab her hand when another fake blonde haired teenager grabbed her hand.

"There are plenty of adults around here to help you, kid. Hey you, tall and handsome." She called over to Felix who entered the room a few moments prior.

He raised an eyebrow at the nickname. "Miss?"

"Why don't you help this kid find her brother instead of my sister, kay?"

Now Jane really wanted to use her powers. As did Alec, her brother, who was not even ten feet away.

"Connie, it's fine. The man is probably busy working-"

"And how is that your problem, exactly?" 'Connie' asked, rather rudely.

"You two go on the tour. When I find her brother I'll have them take me back here and wait for the tour to be over. Okay?"

"Just let her go, Con. It'll be easier to maneuver around the castle without having to lug her around."

"Fine, but if you get lost mom is going to kill us."

The blind woman smirked. "Point taken. Now, Jane, are we ready to go this time?"

Jane was snapped out of her murder plotting when she called for her. The blonde vampire smiled and grabbed her hand and started walking away with her as Heidi finally took the tourists to the throne room.

"Save those two for the masters." Jane whispered to low for anyone but Heidi to hear.

The other vampire nodded as she continued on. The two kept walking, Felix, Demetri and Alec not to far behind them

"So you live at Volterra Castle?"

"Yes, I've lived here practically my whole life."

"Is your brother older, or younger?"

"Twins, actually. He tends to get lost around the castle though." She smirked. "He's kind of an idiot."

From behind her Alec gave his sister an offended expression, the other two trying not to laugh as to keep themselves hidden. The red head laughed.

"Yeah, brothers can be..."

"What's your name? I forgot to ask."

"Candace."

"Where are you from?"

"Los Angeles... I think still? We moved and I don't entirely know if we moved to another city or not."

They continued asking each other questions as they walked outside to the gardens.

"Have we gone outside?"

"Yes, to the gardens, it was the last place I saw him. Would you like to sit down? It was a long walk...."

"But shouldn't we keep looking?"

"We can take a rest."

Jane helped guide her over to a bench and sat down beside her as the others stood a few feet away.

In the throne room, people were screaming as one by one they were drained of blood. All except two girls, however, who Aro noticed were the two who abandoned his mate.

"W-What the fuck just happened?!" The blonde one screamed.

"Y-You're m-monsters!" The lighter blonde beside the other shook in fear.

"Of course we are, piccoli.(little ones)" Aro smiled, a sickly smile at the two.

"Why have you spared these human children, brother?" Caius asked.

"Because, brother, these two lovely women know our mate."

The snow blonde man's eyes widened before glaring at the two shaking teenagers. Marcus had stood up at the mention of his mate and stood next to his two brothers. Aro walked slowly up to the two, who were being held by Sexton and Reneta, two of their guards and held out his hand.

"May I?"

They didn't get a chance to answer as the female vampire lifted up the smaller looking ones arm. Aro took her hand in his and stood still, his eyes closing and the smile disappearing on his face. His cheery demeanor changed the instant he touched her hand, and was replaced by a murderous one. He grabbed the others and his anger worsened, but he put a smile on his face.

"It would seem you are her sisters."

"How do y-you know that?"

"With one touch I can see your entire life, and from what I have witnessed," his voice dropped into a deeper tone, "yours are not promising."

"You said sister. You mean Candace?" The other spoke up. "And you said 'mate', what the hell are you guys on?"

"Aro, I wish to know what has been done-" Marcus cut off Caius' sentence by placing his hand on his shoulder and shaking his head.

"Since you will not be living long enough to tell anyone, I shall explain. We are vampires. Each vampire has a 'soulmate' or 'mate'. A mating bond is sacred to us, and we would do anything to protect them. We would do anything for them." He chuckled as their hearts began to beat faster. "This is a rare occurrence, however, and my brothers and I share the same bond with the same woman. We have waited 3,000 years for this moment."

"How do you know our she is your mate?"

Caius, Marcus and Aro growled at the disgusted tone in her voice.

"I can see the lines that connect the bonds." Marcus spoke up. "However, once we caught her scent in Italy it has been driving my brothers and I mad. Aro saw a woman in our bodyguards visions when they returned. Her scent is what proved who she was to them."

"Hate to tell you, your majesties, but she's 1. human and 2, blind as a bat."

Caius was two seconds away from snapping her neck when Aro grabbed a fistful of Val's hair and yanked her forward, his mouth practically dripping venom.

"I have seen what has happened to make her that way, and I can assure you it will not go unpunished. You and your entire family don't deserve to even speak her name."

Val winced, but held her glare. "What are you going to do? Kill us all?" She smirked. "That would kind of blow your whole 'secret' now wouldn't it?"

Aro's lip curled into a small smile as he released her and let out a maniacal laughter.

"Sexton. Reneta. Dispose of these women. When you're done burn them and spread their ashes far away from the castle."

The two vampires dragged the fighting females away, screaming before everything went quiet. Caius took a step towards Aro.

"Now tell us what happened to our mate!"

In the gardens, Jane and Candace talked about a multitude of subjects until Alec finally decided to speak up.

"Jane, I finally found you."

Candace jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Alec, so nice of you to join us."

He smirked. "Of course, sister."

"You're her twin brother, correct?"

"Yes, miss."

"Good to know you found your sister." She laughed. "How long have you been standing here?"

"Pardon?"

"I felt someone staring at us the entire time we've been sat here, and I heard faint snickering when Jane called you an 'idiot'. You weren't really lost, were you?"

The four vampires stared at her in shock.

"How did you-"

"I may be blind, but my hearing has heightened enough to where I can pick up more sounds. I also heard multiple footsteps in the hall. You're friends too, am I correct?"

"Yes, ma'am." Felix and Demetri said.

"What is the real reason I was pulled from the group, Jane?" She asked, not sounding irritated.

"I-I..."

"I'm not mad, hun. Its just a little odd that you would drag me out here for no reason."

"You would have to ask the masters, milady." Alec said.

"Masters?"

"We'll take you to them, now. They've been waiting a long time...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 10.7K 25
Sophia Rose Swan get tangled in her cousins screw up when she decides to take off to Volterra Italy to save her overly emotional ex-boyfriend. She ge...
32.7K 609 58
(Sorry to anyone who reads this,this was my first book and I was thirteen when I wrote this, I have no intention of doing a spellcheck so I am very s...
69.3K 1.9K 11
Jazmine Black had, in her opinion, done it all and seen it all. She'd become a part-time wolf and joined a pack of part-time wolves. Both her boyfri...
47.2K 1.5K 27
𝗙!𝗒𝗖 π˜… 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝗰 π—©π—Όπ—Ήπ˜π˜‚π—Ώπ—Ά [PRE-WRITING CHAPTERS] Ellory Cullen is the youngest in the Cullen family, she had been turned by Carlisle upon he...