Faking It || l.r.h

Hemmocliffoodirwin által

⚠️TW: Mention of abuse, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. Read at your own risk.⚠️ - He needed someone to mak... Több

1. The Break-up
3. Party
4. Later
5. Monday
6. Plan
7. Practice
8. Kissing Act
9. Try
10. Burn
11. Fake Date
12. Fight
13. Move On
14. Eye
15. Video
16. Bowling
17. Dinner
18. Mistake
19. Flirt
20. Tutor
21. Better
22. Forgive and Forget
23. Or Not
24. Mall
25. Trust Me
26. Movie
27. Amusement Park
28. Home
29. Gift
30. Over
31. Here We Go Again
32. Wishing We Could Start Again
33. Cookies
34. Eve
35. Christmas
36. Advice
37. Second Chances
38. Band
39. The Beach
40. Detention
41. Doubt
42. Confusion
43. Guilt
44. Truth
45. In Denial
46. Done
47. Independence Day
48. Midnight Memories
49. Netflix and Chill
50. Runaways
BONUS CHAPTER: The Reactions
The End + Thanks

2. Crush

11.6K 243 163
Hemmocliffoodirwin által

*Avery's POV*

After school let out, I first went to my locker to get the key to my bike chain and headed outside. I put the key into the lock and once I got it off, I put it into my bag and started home. I really wish I had a car, but then again, this is the only exercise I get.

It's not too long of a bike ride and when I arrive, I head inside to see my father already home. The rest of my day is going to be hell.

"About damn time you got here, you need to start on dinner." He said.

"But it's still early and I'd like to start on my homework," I said.

"What did I say? Go start on dinner." He looked back at the television.

I knew better than to object, so I did as I was told and went into the kitchen. I take the whole chicken I put in the fridge this morning to thaw out and a roasting pan.

Once I got the chicken in the oven, I grabbed my book bag and went into the dining room to do my homework.

Ever since my mum died of cancer, I've had to take over and do all the things she used to do. I have to do laundry, cooking, cleaning, and anything else my dad tells me. I was only five when she died and I miss her every day.

Being without a mum is the toughest thing ever. I don't have a maternal figure to look up to because she didn't have any sisters and I had to figure so many things out on my own.

"Avery!" My dad shouted.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Get me a beer." He said.

I should've known, it's always a beer. I got up from the table and went back into the kitchen to get a beer from the fridge. I made sure it was cold enough and brought it to him.

"Here." I sat it on the small table beside his chair and he shooed me away. I went back and did my homework while I made dinner.

After I finished cooking, I made him his plate and took it in the living room. I quickly got out of his way and went to eat my dinner and clean. Once I finished that, I went up to my room to finish my work.

I don't know which is worse, being here or being at school. At school, I'm pushed around and disrespected and here, I'm tossed around and ridiculed for the smallest things. I have no one to turn to, well, except for my best friend, Dylan. He only knows what I go through at school, I could never bring myself to tell him every single painful thing I go through.

After I completed all of my homework, I put my things away and prepared for bed.

-

The next morning I woke up early to fix my dad breakfast. If he goes to work on an empty stomach, it's not pretty for me.

I went into the kitchen and made him his usual bacon, eggs, and toast with strawberry jam. I took the plate upstairs and knocked on his door.

He opened it, making it pretty obvious that he just woke up and that he hasn't brushed his teeth. His breath still smelled like the beers from yesterday.

He took the plate and slammed the door in my face. I went to the bathroom to shower and get ready for school.

Once I was dressed and ready to go, I grabbed my bag and thrust my arms through the straps. I then jogged downstairs and out the door, going over to my bike and mounting it. I rode down the driveway and made my way to school.

I hopped off my bike, chained it up, and walked inside. I went to my locker where Dylan was waiting for me.

"Good morning!" He smiled. He's always so cheery. "I got you some coffee because I know how you don't eat breakfast." He handed me the steaming hot liquid.

"God I love you." I chuckled and took a sip.

"I know." He chuckled. "I've got to go, I'll see you in second period."

He walked down the hall and I watched as he disappeared around the corner. I opened my locker to get out my materials and shut it when I got everything I needed. I headed to my first period and as I turned around, a body crashed into mine, causing me to drop my books and, more importantly, my coffee.

This is the second day in a row I've bumped into someone. Why am I the unlucky one?

"I'm sorry," I said as I bent down to pick up my things.

"It's alright, it was my fault." He said.

I looked up to see Ashton Irwin, the guy I've had a crush on since middle school. My heart started beating so loud and fast that I silently prayed he couldn't hear. I couldn't help but get very nervous and awkward.

"T-thanks." I stuttered as he handed me my notebook. We stood and I noticed a wet mark on his pants. "It looks like I got coffee on you, I-I'm sorry."

"It's not that big a deal, good thing they're black." He chuckled. "I'll see you around." He said as he walked down the hallway.

"Y-yeah, see you around." I lamely waved then quickly put my hand down so no one noticed and made my way to my first class of the day.

Damn it, not only did I make a fool out of myself in front of Ashton, but I also lost my coffee.

-

When chemistry finally rolled around, I had mixed feelings. I'm happy Ashton's in there but Luke is my partner and I don't feel like dealing with him today. Ashton is this sweet, thoughtful guy while Luke is a colossal asshole; I don't see how they're friends.

I managed to make it to class without embarrassing myself and I took my seat at my lab table. Luke wasn't that long after me and I rolled my eyes when he sat down.

"Nice to see you too." He said.

I was about to say something back when Ashton walked in and my entire demeanor changed. I smiled to myself and tried not to look at him as he walked towards my table to give Luke dap.

"Hey." He says to me.

I looked up at him, surprised. "H-hi."

"This is who I was telling you about earlier, Luke." He said, now looking at him.

"So she's the one that spilled coffee on you?" Luke laughed. "Why does that not surprise me?"

"Yep, we ran into each other. But at least he had the decency to apologize and help me pick up my books." I glared at him.

Ashton went to his seat and class started. I hope that wasn't a turn-off to him, me being rude like that. Luke just irks me so and I couldn't help myself. But it's not like he'd like me anyway. I'm a nobody in his eyes and I have been ever since I knew him.

But that's what I want to change. I may not seem like much but I'm better if you get to know me...and if you don't piss me off like Luke has so many times in two days.

Like yesterday, I told Luke to stay out of my way as I worked. I didn't care about doing everything, I just didn't want him to interfere and possibly drag my grade down. My grades are the only thing I have that'll get me into a great college and as far away from my father as possible.

When I finished working, I had Luke turn in the reflection paper so he at least did something. I watched Ashton work with his partner and I felt like I should ask if he needed help and maybe redeem myself in a way because of earlier. Each time I tried to ask, I was cut off by Luke talking so I gave up trying. Then it was too late because he went to turn his work in. I always wait till the last minute and miss my opportunity. Honestly, being socially awkward is ruining my life.

When the bell rang, a majority of the class rushed out of the room, Ashton and Luke included. I took my time putting everything back into my bag before leaving because I hate getting caught in all that hallway traffic.

Once I did leave the room, I went to my locker to exchange a few things in my locker before I went home. When I closed the door, I made my way to the exit but stopped when I caught a glimpse of a familiar body out of the corner of my eye. Because I was kind of nosey, I stayed behind the wall and peered around it, making sure I could see them but they couldn't see me.

It was Ashton and the thing that surprised me the most was he was with Brooke, Luke's ex. I wouldn't have been so interested if he didn't kiss her before walking off. I stayed in my spot until I could no longer hear footsteps and then made my way to my bike as I had originally planned.

I don't have much experience, but I'm pretty sure friends don't date other friends' exes. Let me stop, I don't know if they're dating and I shouldn't care if they are or not. I don't care if it hurts Luke, I kind of hope it does. The one thing I did care about was him being with someone. I know I'm not good enough to be with him but I don't want him to be with anyone else.

I still don't care, but she just got out a relationship. How come some people are able to go from one guy to the next and I can barely get one guy? It's not like I just want to be between guys like that because I'll be looked at funny, I'm just saying it's not fair.

I mounted my bike after I put the chain in my bag and headed home.

But like I said before, I don't know if they're truly together, all he did was kiss her cheek. All I can do is keep an eye out and hope they aren't. It doesn't matter to me, I'd still be lonely either way, but I'm really hoping they aren't, though life doesn't go my way at all.

Okay so maybe I do care...but only a little.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

371K 10.5K 35
In which a popular boy who cares too much about his reputation meets a girl who hates attention.
61.6K 2K 33
❝ Cheating and lying aren't struggles, they're reasons to break up. ❞ ------- •[book 2] -completed •bullied by luke hemmings [book 1] -completed •vow...
15.9K 955 21
SEQUEL TO WILDFLOWER Heartbreak hurts, but it hurts more when secrets have been left untold... *** Calum Hood (5sos) fanfiction Rated M for language...
19.9K 534 27
A little bit of rehab since we're all insane. Michael Clifford fanfiction. (First fanfiction.. Might be rough)