Intricate (Akame Ga Kill Fanf...

By AshidaTsukimiya

The capital, despite being flourished through out the years, is currently unexpectedly rotten to the core. Wi... More

*Note*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 18

90 1 2
By AshidaTsukimiya

Chapter 18

(Raijyou)

Whilst breathing heavily, I forced myself to stand up to face the grunting demon. As my eyes were eventually becoming blurred due to the lost of blood, I held my ground, as I tried to form a Teigu in my mind.

I remembered the Teigu from the book known as Extase, as I pictured it in my mind. With my last remaining strength, I gathered up some power to form the big scissors in my hand.

I felt my energy draining from me as I forced more of my spiritual energy to summon the huge scissor. As soon as the Extase appeared from my hand, it was wrapped up in blue flames and my hexagram mark was reacting with it, stinging my neck with pain.

I gritted my teeth to ignore the pain and proceed with the plan. As the beast was charging towards me, I raised the teigu into the air and yelled, "Blinding Light!"

The scissor shone so bright, it almost blinded me as well. As I activated the trump card, my power died out, with the scissor vanishing from my hands. As the foe freaked out, struggling with its blinded vision, I saw Akame striking her sword deep down into the beast's head.

"Obliterate successful," she murmured.

Feeling relieved, I felt my body becoming numb, weak, and motionless as the blood continued to flowed out of my broken ribs. I collapsed to the ground, my vision slowly being devoured by darkness.

"Raijyou!" I heard her calling my name in anxiety.

As she was about to run towards me, I my eyelids fell and instantly surrounded my vision with darkness.

(Akame)

I ran towards him and quickly elevated his head into my arms. His wound was quite deep just as the blood was gushing out of the side of his chest.

He was unconscious, his lips going pale, and his hands slowly becoming cold.

"Raijyou! Wake up," I raised my voice as I slightly shook him.

But, he wouldn't.

I felt my heart throbbing inside my chest as I see him lying on my arms, his eyes closed, and his breathing weakens. I felt afraid to lose this newly comrade of mine who risked his own life to save me.

To be honest, I could've dodged the attack because I felt the presence of the monster. I was waiting for the right timing to turn around and kill it but, Raijyou pushed me away.

Though, it was really stupid, I felt his need to save a comrade and I deduced into a conclusion that he could be trusted.

And now he's in grave danger and I couldn't protect him properly.

I could see the future where this will lead to, just by looking at his face. He will die if I don't do something.

I must save his life!

(Leone)

Right after I came back from scouting our target, I felt my usual cravings of booze. I went straight to boss' secret stash of alcohol and went ahead to snatch one. I glug it down and let out a huge satisfied sigh.

"Whew! This really sets me up!" I exclaimed. But then, all of a sudden, I heard a loud thud coming from the living room. Oh, is someone back already? I rushed towards the living room n excitement and said, "Hey welcome back-- Oh?!"

My eyes enlarged as I see Akame struggling with carrying an unconscious Raijyou on her back. She was breathing heavily as her sweat was running down her forehead. It's really unusual for Akame to be like this. Is Raijyou really that heavy?

"What happened to him?" I asked worriedly.

"He was struck by a danger beast while protecting me. This idiot needs help," she said in between her huffs.

I almost burst out laughing when she said, 'This idiot' but then, I knew that the situation was serious so I hurriedly supported his body and laid him down on the bed.

"Leone, get anti-septics and bandages quick."

I nodded enthusiastically as I set out in hurry to find the assigned requirements. As I came go to the medicine cabinet, I grabbed every ointment I could find a five rolls of bandages and hurried back to Akame.

"Akame! I brought them!" I said, slamming the door open.

I gave everything to her and she instantly worked on treating his deep injury. She seemed really worried and focused while applying the anti-septics into his wounds.

We both desperately tried to save Raijyou's life as we moved back and forth to treat his wound.

We spent around three hours cleaning and treating his wounds and also bandaging them so that he would heal after a certain amount of days.

(Raijyou)

My skin felt a stabbing pain around the areas of my ribs combined with slight chills due to the open air. I felt really heavy as if my body was knocked out with heavy boulders. What has happened to me?

As I slightly open my eyes, my vision adjusted shortly after, making me see a creamy ceiling on top of me. Am I back to my room?

As I slowly arched my back from my lying position, I felt the side of my rib sting with unbearable pain. I felt my skin ripped out and the blood started to smear out of the freshly placed bandage around my ribs.

"Ugh!" I grimaced while slightly clutching into my throbbing wound.

"Glad to see you alive," a voice broke out the silence of the room. As I turn my head from its origin, I see Akame wearing her expressionless facade while carrying a basin of water.

She came towards me, placing her basin of water at the table just beside my bed.

"You don't look so glad though," I responded while chuckling.

She leaned forward, her face coming closer to mine as if she was scrutinizing me. I slightly leaned back to put the distance between us or else I'll get really awkward.

"How do you feel?" she asked in her usual monotonous tone however, somehow today feels as if it was combined with a bit of concern.

"Miserable," I replied nonchalantly. "The wound still stings like hell."

"That's what you get for being an idiot. You deserved it anyway."

I gave her a slight glare while she sat on the bed and dipped the towel on the lukewarm water. She removed the plasters on my bandage and began unwrapping them.

From what she was doing, I felt flustered and held her hand to stop her before her fingertips could reach my sensitive skin. "What are you doing?"

"Obviously changing them," she replied.

"I can do it by myself," I coldly stated.

"Don't be stubborn you idiot. You're creating more trouble for me," she stated as she swat my hand away and continued doing her job. "Just so you know, you're about to finish a whole stock of our bandages because of your persistent injury."

"It's not my fault if the wound is that deep because I protected you," I hissed in irritation.

"Though, that's not the case for me, I really do want to say something to you."

Her cold fingertips meet my skin, sending a few sparks running through the pores and into the veins. My felt my heart tingle a little from her sudden gentle touch.

"Thank you for helping me," she said in a low voice while slightly hanging her head low for her fringe to cover her eyes.

I felt my heart slightly raising as I thought her thanks was rather sincere and I was really happy getting some of that from her.

"Y-You're w-welcome--"

All of a sudden, the bandages around my ribs tightened, it squeezed the life out of me. I coughed really hard and deep from being tied.

"What the--"

"Well, I didn't need your help in the first place. I knew that the enemy was about to attack me then, you go ahead and get yourself killed instead. That's not really a flattering move, ain't it?" she coldly said while giving me cold eyes.

"Huh?! So, it's my fault?!" I roared angrily.

"Basically, yes."

I gritted my teeth in anger and prepared myself to shout at her and give her a piece of my mind. But then, she placed a finger over my lips to shut me up.

"Though it was really foolish, I appreciate your efforts of giving your life for your comrade. This is why I thanked you." She smiled gently at me then placed her hand upon my shoulder. "I'm now giving you my full trust, Raijyou. Let's get along."

She offered me her hand to shake as if she was formally welcoming me as her comrade. I reached out to her hand and firmly held as a small smile escaped my lips.

"Yeah. Let's work togeth--"

"Akame! This is an emergency! Esdeath's troops are found nearby our hideouts!" Lubbo yelled from the window.

Both of our eyes widened at the same time, entailing the fears in our hearts while we brim with anxiety.

Esdeath has come for both of us..

End of Chapter 18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 7.2K 108
Tessa een 22 jarige meid, woont met haar beste vriendin Britt in een appartement vlakbij Rotterdam. Britt gaat vaak uit en heeft eindelijk Tessa mee...
201K 2.5K 70
Lisa is het zusje van Raoul en komt hem op een dag weer tegen. Ze hadden elkaar een lange tijd niet gesproken. Lisa ontmoet daarna ook Matthy, een va...
1.4K 51 20
Welkom in Casa del huts, waarin jij (bo) de dochter van Robbie en Jamie bent, maar niet alles soepel loopt, omdat je nog wel eens struggelt met je me...
4.3K 406 14
Matthyas, beste vriend van Milo. Buiten Milo heeft Matthyas natuurlijk ook nog vrienden, waarmee hij om gaat. Op een avond gaat hij uit met zijn ande...