The New Girl Has A Secret

By Chatlog

I run. I run as fast as I can, no longer worried about the constant pain of branches snapping below my naked... More

Authors Note
Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
MUST READ

Chapter Four

21.3K 863 75
By Chatlog

Have you seen the new characters for the book yet? I changed Nate to Dylan O'Brien, I think he fits the part better.~ ENJOYY(:

Chapter Four

After fourth period, lunch rolls around. This school was a lot bigger than any of the other schools I'd been to. Our school mascot was a Shark, so our school colors were dark blue and white. The halls had white brick walls and white concrete floors. There were pictures of our current and old Football teams plastered all over the walls, along with a few photos of Band kids and other school spirit decorations. It seemed as if I could fit in pretty easily here, especially since I was on my way to a new friend already.

As I continue my search for the cafeteria, I also keep my eye on the people I pass in hopes that I'd run back into Callie. I haven't seen her since my first period class, so I had no idea where she'd be coming from.

She seems pretty cool, she's really nice. I can see us being good friends, but she has something about her that seems different... not necessarily in a bad way, though. In a familiar way. If I'm lucky, maybe she's an undercover Vampire as well.

After aimlessly roaming the hall for what seemed like hours, I make a turn in hopes that it would lead me closer to my destination. In doing so, I run into someone and cause them to drop their books in their hand. Without looking, I immediately apologize and crouch to the floor to help them gather their books. As I'm down here, I see the familiar bootcut jeans and slip-on vans. I look up to see Callie staring at me nervously.

"Oh, Hi!" I say with a smile, standing back to my feet and giving her the books that were dropped. "I was trying to find you, and the cafeteria."

"Hi, and um... Follow me." She says, her eyes trailing down the hall behind me, then behind her back. I nod and follow after her as she turns down the hall I had come from. The longer I'm following her the more I've noticed that the halls have drained of people, causing me to look around.

"Where is every-" I'm cut off when I feel Callie's arm push against my throat with force, causing me to slam against the wall. 

What the hell?

"I know you're a vampire, what the hell do you want with me?" She snarls, pure disgust in her eyes. "How can you even see what I am?" 

So, I saved this girl from bullies for this?

"How did you? -" I start, then stop when a yellow ring appears around her pupils. "Wolf..." I gasp. A flash of confusion covers her eyes for a split second, then is replaced with her angry expression, a growl escaping her lips. With a squint of my eyes, I use my speed to reverse our position so I'm now the one holding her up. The confused expression covered her face once again, most likely due to the fact that a regular wolf would be stronger than a Vampire.

Not me, though.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a wolf!" I practically scream at her, then realize how dumb of a question that was. "Well, it's obvious why you didn't tell me, but how couldn't I tell?" I use a little more force on her throat.

"Because I-" Her voice was throaty. "Unlike other wolves- use perfume to cover up the smell." She licks her teeth, as if she's waiting for me to do something.

Stupid wolf, does she have a death wish? She obviously doesn't know who I am.

"No there's more, I would still be able to smell a mutt from a mile away," I growl. "What else do you do?" 

She doesn't respond, just continues to watch me as if she were trying to prepare for my next move. I grow impatient with her, seeing her smirk at me. My vision turns red as I extend my fangs at her, in hopes to intimidate her.

"I'm not scared of a vampire." She snarls at me, irritating me more.

"I'm not scared of a wolf!" I reply. "Now what do you use!" I spat, pushing my arm harder against her neck. She lets out a slight groan, then growls louder at me. Her mouth opens as she extends her own set of fangs, snapping at me after they came to size.

"You tried to bite me? Really?" I raised my eyebrow, then grip her shoulders and throw her as far as I can down the hallway. She lands on her back, letting out a small wince before she immediately jumps up and runs back toward me, snapping at me once again.

What the hell? I thought she had to shift to have her fangs. Guess not. It would probably be a good idea for me to learn more about these useless creatures.

Placing my hands on her backpack shoulder straps, I push her body to the ground. With a quick movement, I push my knees onto her arms and my hands around her neck, holding her down to the ground. "Callie!" I scream. "I don't want to fight you!"

She seemed aggravated as she stared up at me, her fangs disappearing from her teeth. "Why aren't I stronger than you? Wolves are stronger than Vampires!"

"Sorry sweetie, I'm not your regular vampire. You're not stronger than me." I returned her smirk from earlier. "Can I get up now, or are you going to try and bite me again?" 

She rolled her eyes, the yellow ring disappearing from them, her regular light brown color taking its place. I stood up from her, extending my hand to help her up but she pushed it away.

"What do you mean by you aren't a regular vampire?" She asks as she stood to her feet, using the back of her hand to dust herself off.

"What do you use to cover the smell from Vampires?" I ask instead of responding. With another roll of her eyes, she lets out a small breath.

"Hawthorne."

Ah. Hawthorne. A Vampire's weakness. Hawthorne is a herb that witches have enchanted to burn a Vampire's skin to the touch. That's why when Callie uses it, we can't smell the wolf that she's hiding. Hmm, she's smarter than I thought she'd be. Maybe still having her around wouldn't be a bad idea.

"But when I touch you, it doesn't hurt?" I ask. She shrugged her shoulders.

"There's more than Hawthorne in the perfume but that's the main ingredient, I think. I don't know."

I nodded my head at her, turning on my heels to walk away. "Wait!" She called, jolting forward to walk alongside me. "You never told me what you meant."

I sighed out. "I'm a very old Vampire. My mom is one of the oldest that still walks this earth. Let's just say things like a wooden stake to the heart won't kill us. We're not as cursed as all of the other ones." I shrug.

"Whoa, wait!" She stops walking, her eyes widening as she stares at me. "I-is your mom Sue Jackson? I've heard stories about her and Dan." She says, causing me to stop, turning to face her while looking her up and down. "But no, that means your name would be Leo... or what was it?... Leslie... Lola... I don't remember..." She put her hand on her chin, looking to the ground as if she were lost in thought.

How the hell does she know this stuff? There're stories getting passed around here? Mom wasn't lying when she said I needed to be really careful... If there are stories and she knows my name all it takes is one slip up and he'll be here again.

"Sue? Dan? I've never heard those names before," I shake my head at her. She looked a little disappointed, but her eyes searched mine.

"You've never heard the stories?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, I've never heard anything about Sue, Dan and Leah." I turned away from her, continuing to walk. I heard her inhale a gasp, causing me to internally scream as I know I had said too much.

"I never said Leah!" She almost screamed, then lowered her voice as she came back Infront of me. " You're her! Oh my god. The stories are real? Why is your name Snow then? Where is Dan and-"

Maybe I should snap her neck to keep her quiet. 

Damn it, Snow. Did you really have to say Leah?

"Shut up!" I put my hand over her mouth in a panic. "Okay fine, yes I'm her. Leah isn't my name and I swear to God if you ever say it again, I will rip your throat out!" I groaned in aggravation. She nodded her head at me. "Look, this all has to stay a secret. If my mother finds out that the truth slipped out, I'm gone- and I literally got here yesterday so please... Don't say anything to anyone and never say that name again. Please Callie, I'm begging you." I dropped my hand from her mouth, practically on my knees by the end of my sentence.

"Oh, don't worry. I have no friends; I won't tell anyone. You can trust me..." She said, a sad smile pulling at her lips as she gave me a small shrug. "Wow, I never thought I would be saying that to a Vampire. But... hey I'm sorry about the trying to bite you thing..."

I let out a sigh of relief, hoping desperately that she is who she says she is and that she's as trustworthy as she claims to be. I nodded my head. "I'm sorry too."

With a nod of Callie's head, she decides to actually lead me to the cafeteria this time. We continue our journey in silence. The cafeteria was full of teenagers who filled the space with their voices, laughter and sometimes even screams. Everyone had their own section here it seemed, the cheerleaders all hanging around the football team, the band kids all hanging around the middle of the room, and everyone else in their designated section. 

Callie led me to a grey rectangular table that was close to the back window of the room.

"So, I don't know about what my mom would think about me being friends with a Vampire..." Callie starts as we both remove our bags to set onto the table before having a seat, "but I'm up for it if you want?" 

Hmm... I don't know what my mom would say either...

"Yeah, I'm up for it." I respond with a smile.

"What's even up with that though?" She asks me, intertwining her fingers on top of the table. "The Vampire and wolf thing... why is it so forbidden for us to be friends? It's not as uncommon anymore, but do you know where it all began?"

Story time, I see.

"Well, I don't know the whole story but, what I do know is that long ago Vampires and Werewolves use to live in harmony but-"

"Everything changed when the fire nation attacked." Callie interrupted. I stared at her, my eyebrows drawing together.

"What?" I tilted my head. She laughed, shaking her head at me.

"Sorry, nothing. Continue please."

"Right... So, anyways... It was sort of like it is now, we all lived together and of course there were some fights and things got a little out of hand... but all together we all lived in peace. I think that it all changed when my mom met Dan... He didn't know she was a Vampire- his mom always told him that Vampires were the devils' minions and that he should stay away from them... but when he met her, he instantly fell in love. He thought she was a human because she pretty much acted just as regular as the next person- and her skin wasn't cold. It was warm to the touch-"

"Wait, how was she not ice cold?" She interrupted again. "I thought all vampires are cold?"

"I honestly don't know. I think it was because she was one of the first vampires, so she didn't have it at first..."

"So she's cold now? What changed?" She was very interested, watching me intently.

"I'm getting there." I chuckled slightly. She nodded her head, telling me to continue. "But anyways, he fell in love with her, and he thought that they were mates. But he didn't try to mark her. He wanted to wait... so... after they graduated, they had me. And it all went downhill from there. She begged him not to be there during my birth, but he refused to miss it. So, he saw how her eyes changed to red and how her fangs grew due to her being in so much pain while trying to well... get me out. He was angry and hurt, so he said it was his life goal to pretty much kill us both. He got all of his pack to turn against Vampires, and ever since we've all sort of hated each other."

Callie seemed lost in thought for a second, nodding her head at me. "Did your mom love him?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I think she did. But, she won't let herself admit it anymore I guess."

Callie frowned at me, letting out a breath. "That sucks." I nodded my head, deciding to change the subject.

"So, why are you 'the nerd'. You're a wolf, you could kick some serious ass!" I laugh, she joins in and then shrugs, looking down to her now fidgeting hands.

"I don't know."

"And why do you have glasses? You're a wolf, and I know for a fact that you have amazing sight." I add.

"It's just for show. This is just how I am here." She says, shrugging her shoulders as she looked around the room. I nod my head, my mind reverting back to the stories that she'd heard about my family. I was slightly interested to hear what everyone else had heard.

"So, what were the stories about my mom and dad that you've heard?" I asked.

"Well... Don't get mad, okay?" Her eyes met mine, a flash of worry covering her face. I nod reassuringly at her.

"Okay so it was said that Dan, your dad, he's the first Wolf-"

"Which is wrong but continue." I interrupt, nodding my head at her.

"Okay, well we start to shift when we turn fifteen and when he turned, your mom saw it. Somehow it brought them closer, she and him went to the same school also. Well anyways so it was said that they became a couple and they stayed together for a while- like years and years. When they were both twenty-one, they wanted to have a kid, that's where you come along. After a while he noticed that she didn't age after she hit twenty, he didn't think too much of it until one day, he saw her draining the blood out of his best friend. He was angry and hurt, he thought that she didn't care, he thought Vampires had no feelings and it was all a lie to have the kid, at least that's what everyone told him. He says that he'd chase her down until he killed her and that's also why Vampires and Wolves don't get along."

"Well, I don't know about all of that," I couldn't help but giggle, not being able to even imagine my mother doing that. "My mom never said anything about draining his best friend's blood... I kind of always just thought it was my fault. Both stories would make sense, though."

"There are a lot of different versions of the story. One where it says you became a demon baby and tried to kill a whole town, one where it says that your mom killed his whole family... there's a bunch of stories... maybe you should just stick to the one your mom says. She was there, she knows what happened." Callie tilts her head with a small shrug.

"Yeah, you're probably right."

Not too long later, the bell rings dismissing us to fifth period. We stand up and say our goodbyes to one another. Callie writes down her number on a piece of paper for me, telling me to text her when I get a new phone.

She seem's trust worthy enough, I just hope my mom will be okay with this.

Thanks for reading! Comment and VOTE Pleasee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

836 47 18
Noma was only 8 when she and her bestfriend Xander( Alpha of the black moon pack) went out of the packs territory to have fun as it was Noma's birthd...
460K 13.9K 21
After her mom died, her Dad, who blamed her for the death of her mother, started beating her everyday. She's been told that she's a slut, a whore, a...
126K 3.7K 27
"Oh look at this if it isn't the Alpha him self. Here to save your pathetic excuse of a mate are you?" Chance smirked as he looked at Erica who nodde...
368 18 120
Kira Delta, a wolf with a secret that even she doesn't know about yet, moves to Bedburg Hills Wyoming before the beginning of her Junior year. She li...