Nothing More Than Neighbors |...

By okaykaela

"What's that noise?" Allison asks as the loud beeping noise echoes through my bedroom. She rushes over to the... More

Chapter 1: Greetings
Chapter 2: Stiles First Day
Chatper 3: Boxes
Chapter 4: Whine or Wine?
Chapter 5: The Morning After
Chapter 6: The Date
Chapter 7: The Bitch Came Back
Chapter 8: Fighting Back
Chapter 10: The Chase
Chapter 11: Oh Crap
Chapter 12: Numb
Chapter 13: I'm Coming Home
Chapter 14: Training
Chapter 15: Girls Night Out
Chapter 16: Night on the Town
Chapter 17: Oh, God Why
Chapter 18: Secrets
Chapter 19: Taken
Chapter 20: Solutions
Chapter 21: RIP
Chapter 22: More people!!
Chapter 23: Who needs Titles?
Chapter 24: Hazy State
Chapter 25: I'm Ready to go to War
Chapter 26: It's All Just Beginning
Chapter 27: This is The End
Chapter 28: Graduation
Chapter 29: Packing
Chapter 30: Goodbye, Beacon Hills
Chapter 31: The Extended Finale

Chapter 9: And so it Begins

3K 87 31
By okaykaela

"I don't know Allison this is weird." I said with the phone pressed onto my ear as I opened the car door and knelt in.

"How is it weird?" She asked and I scoffed.

"Well first of all I like someone else --"

"Who hurt you"

" -- and he's a really good friend, kissing him and holding his hand is weird."

"Well, suck it up." She said rather confidently.

"Suck it up? Alison I don't know if I will even be able to breathe correctly in front of Stiles today, how the hell am I supposed to blatantly hurt him?"

"Remember you sophomore year?"

"Yeah ..."

"Bring her back." I laughed into the phone while shaking my head.

"So be a heartless bitch who backstabs people all the time? No thank you." I said as I pulled into the school parking lot.

"Just, park next to Isaac and carry through with the plan. It will work I promise you. I'm going on a coffee run, want anything?"

"Yes please, can you get me a caramel machiatto extra shot. Love you!" I said and I could feel her rolling her eyes.

"Love you too, now do it!" She said and hung up. I shut off the car and laid my head against the seat as I exhaled a long breath. Just bring back sophomore year Lydia. You can do this.

"Okay." I whispered to myself as I got out of my car and met Isaac's blue eyes immediately.

"You realize it's 85 degrees outside, right?" I asked and he laughed as I fixed his scarf a little more.

"You ready?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, but Allison said bring back sophomore year Lydia so, I guess I'm bringing back the bitch in me." I said and he laughed as I flicked my hair and straightened out my back.

"God help me." I said as I took his arm and led him to the tables. My eyes met Stiles first, but I gave him a short glare and smiled up at Isaac. Everyone at the table smiled as Scott came over and hugged him before patting him on the back and sitting back down.

"Hey." He said and Kira scoffed.

"Almost a year and a half and all you have to say is 'hey'?" She asked and we both laughed. I looked up at Isaac and then to Stiles.

"Oh, this is Isaac, he moved a little while ago to hunt stuff, nothing interesting." I said as I smirked up at him and he popped open his mouth.

"Not Interesting? Rude." He said and I laughed as I brought my body closer to his side as I clung to his arm, I snaked my hand down and intertwined our fingers before I heard Kira squeal. All attention went to her.

"O.M.G. Are you guys together?! Wait what happened to --" She began straying her eyesight to Stiles and mine widened as I forgot I didn't tell her.

"Kira, how about you come with me to help him find his new locker." I said with a threatening look in her eyes. She grabbed Malia and they both nodded as they stood up and walked towards us and I turned our back so we could all walk together.

"Stiles and his ex got back together I guess." I said and her eyes widened but her eyebrows scrunched together.

"But you two are ..."

"Yeah, no. They saw each other as we were on a coffee run after our one date and so I left and called Allison to pick me up and they were making out so, Isaac." I said with a smile and they both smiled sadly.

"I'm so sorry Lydia." I waved my hand and shooed the apology.

"No, it's fine. I have Isaac now." I said as he smiled at me and he laughed.

"So you guys are officially together or just messing around?" Malia asked and I shrugged.

"We haven't been on a date yet, so we're just hanging out." I said as I nudged him in side and he smiled as went to my front and held both of my hands.

"Miss Lydia Martin, will you do the honor of going on a dinner date this Friday with me?" He asked and I smiled widely as I nodded, and he smiled as well before he came back up to my side and intertwined our fingers. I smiled at Malia and Kira as I lead Isaac to his locker.

"You're a great actor." He whispered with a slight chuckle and I smiled widely.

"Being a bitch and getting what I want is my second nature I guess. Where should we go for our "date"" I asked and he shrugged.

"I know this diner a couple miles down the road if you want to go there. It's really good." I thought for a moment before smiling and nodding. I turned so he was following close behind me and I walked to meet Allison out front.

"Coffee! Thanks Al I love you!" I squealed as I grabbed my coffee and took a sip. They both laughed at me as she handed Isaac a plain cup of black coffee and I gagged a bit as he drank it without a problem. He looked up with scrunched eyebrows and Allison held the same expression.

"You don't have anything in your coffee." I said and they nodded.

"And?" Isaac asked and I held a "Hellooo??" face as I strung together my words with perfect sarcasm.

"That's insane, and gross. How?" I asked and they both laughed silently as Allison shook her head side to side and grabbed my arm while Isaac wrapped his arm around me. Then we all walked into our first class together.

"What?" I asked as they laughed again and changed the subject.

{**}

"I love lunch, I feel so free." Isaac said next to me as Allison and I laughed at his comment. I rolled my eyes and took a bite of the pasta sitting in front of me.

"So, are you joining lacrosse again or was you saying you were going to just a joke?" Allison asked and I flicked my eyes up at him waiting for a response. He smiled and exhaled before shrugging.

"I'm not sure. I mean I want to but I might leave again --"

"Might? As in you might stay?!" Allison gasped and he nodded as we both smiled widely.

"Well, yes. I need to finish high school and I'm not sure I want to be on the road for that. It would be easier for me, plus a lot of things we hunt happen to find their way to Beacon Hills." He said and I squealed. Actually squealed.

"Oh my god, you have to stay! It would be easier to get your credits for graduation and then we can all apply to colleges together its going to be amazing!" I said and Allison smiled widely as she shook her head, and Isaac nodded and smiled.

"You're right. I might just have to stay." He said and I hugged him as he laughed and strayed backwards before balancing and wrapping his arms around me as best as he could from this awkward angle.

"Let's go tell everyone else! They're in the library." I said as I picked up my bag and took Isaacs hand to practically drag him out of his seat. He laughed as he picked up his backpack and swung it over his shoulder and Allison came over right next to me. We all walked into the library and immediately found the pack. Kira and Malia smiled as they saw us and Scott got up from his seat.

"Where's Stiles?" I asked and Scott shrugged.

"I think he said he went to lunch with his girlfriend, why?" He said and my face fell blank as Allison hit Scotts upper arm, and Isaac rubbed my back slightly.

Girlfriend? As in they're fully together? I cant believe he would do this its only been like 2 days since we split up. Well, I pretended to move on an hour later so ... I get it I guess.

"Lydia?" My attention snapped up to Scott who had a concerned look on his face that matched everyone else's. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded slightly.

"I -- I have to go to the bathroom." I said as I turned and sprinted out the door. Why am I running? Why do I feel like crying, it's not like we were going to be together forever. I ran into the ladies bathroom and hung my head so I could breathe

"You loved him. Didn't you?" I heard Allison ask behind me as the bathroom door shut. I looked at her in the mirror and shook my head.

"No, what are you talking about? I barely knew him! I'm just tired is all." I said with a faint smile.

"I know when you're lying, Lydia. Why didn't you tell me?" She said and I exhaled.

"Because I didn't even know, until I realized everything he was doing with Heather was hitting me harder than Aiden leaving or any of the crap Jackson put me through. I think I went at this the wrong way." I said and she nodded.

"I think we did, too. Maybe you can just talk to him. Explain everything that really happened and tell him the truth." She said and I smiled at her as I nodded and straightened out my shirt. I sat up straight and headed out the door, with Allison close behind me.

"You only have a period after this that you don't even need to be in, go find him." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"How am I going to find him?" I asked before she smiled and brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"Because you guys have a strong connection. Go get him." She said and I smiled as I ran out to my car.

Where would he be, where would he be ... Maybe the coffee shop? No, that burger place he loves, the one with the curly fries.

I got in my car and drove out of the schools parking lot without a thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.2K 20
Steve Rogers was captured by Hydra after sacrificing himself saving the hostages inside the hydra base he founds her she is pure beautiful she is stu...
254K 6.1K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
70.3K 702 11
Percy finds Annabeth and Zeus making out. Will two people who have been cheated on grow closer? #30 in "betrayed" as of February 2nd, 2021 #67 in "he...
64.8K 2.1K 22
Surviving, that's all Natalia's been doing ever since she was a little girl. She's been forced to kill, punished, broken, and put back together. All...