Girl Of Two Worlds

By firegirl2110

All her life Robin had always been the geeky girl with her head stuck in a comic, she had few friends and a s... More

Intro, Disclaimers + Teaser
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58 - Finale
Thank You! & A/N
Important Notice!

18

281 6 1
By firegirl2110

Jason's POV
Once Robin had gone, me and Damian spilt up and withdrew to our rooms ready to prepare. I grabbed my various guns before grabbing my red hood mask, once ready I slipped out the window and jumped on my motor bike, heading to Gotham Docks where I'd planned to meet Damian. We were following a lead on recent Joker sightings and actions, and apparently some people had seen him around the docks, obtaining something from one of the crates. We weren't sure wether it would help our situation in fixing what's wrong with Robin, but even then any chance I get at messing up Joker's plans the better. That clown had to pay someway, and now my revenge was even more than before. Not only will I kill him for killing me, but I will kill him for killing Robin's mum, who theoretically would've been my adopted mum.

When I arrived at the docks I cut the engine quickly and quietly moved the bike into the shadows. I snuck around to the control point and found Damian waiting for me. "You're finally here" he remarked. "Whatever, you seen anything while you've been up here?" I asked him, dismissing his attempt at aggravating me. He nodded, "there's a group of thugs near a section of crates to the left of the docks, Harley Quinn is also there" he stated. "Well that confirms that it's something for Joker. Let's go" I said. We both grappled away to different positions and sat waiting for the right time to strike.

I waited as I watched Harley pace up and down bellowing orders at the thugs as they slowly broke into the crates. "Get a move on boys, Mr J doesn't like waiting!" She shouted. The thugs seemed to move quicker as she shouted and I couldn't help laughing at their stupidness and worry as Harley Quinn threatened them. I wasn't scared of her. I gave Damian the signal and we both prepared for when Harley was next going to turn around, and walk away from the thugs. We had planned to grab Harley and ask her a few questions first, before interrogating a few thugs if we needed to, but initially Harley probably knew where The Joker actually was unlike the thugs.

When she turned, me and Damian sprung into action like bullets from the shadows, we grabbed Harley and silenced her screams, before we tied her up and began our conversation. "What's in the crates Harley?" I asked firmly. "I don't know, it's for Mister J" she replied in that annoying voice of hers. "Where's Joker" Damain said, now holding one of my blades to Harley's throat. "How would I know. Mister J moves around" she said. I could already hear the lies in her words as soon as she finished the sentence. "Don't lie Harley, where's Joker" I said, now slightly annoyed. She smiled and laughed, "why don't you just ask him yourself" she chirped. Just on cue two bullet shots rang through the air and ricocheted off of the shipping containers we were hidden amongst.

"Is bats still sending his bird boys? I thought he'd finish with them after I killed the second brat" Joker said laughing way too happily. He held two automatic pistols in his hands, one pointed to me, one pointed to Damian. I could see the fire and anger in Damian's eyes as he stood silently observing the Joker, and I too had a burning sensation inside of me, waiting for the well deserved revenge. I surveyed the situation only to find that there was no clear way we were going to win, we could only leave safely if we attempted an escape now before he fired more bullets.

The only problem was Damian was an assassin, the grandson of the demon, there was no way he would happily back away from this fight. So my second option was to allow Damian to take charge, providing backup and cover where needed. As much as I hated the fact that this kid was more skilled than me, if he got us out safely and with information it was worth it. "Robin, you lead this" I murmured so only he heard. He gave a slight nod and I saw a small smile appear on his face, his expression giving me the reply I needed "With pleasure".

As Damian leapt towards the Joker to disarm him, I covered Harley and also made sure that I had Damian's back. Robin would kill me if I let Damian get hurt and let's just say I wanted to be in her good books. Damian had managed to disarm Joker successfully, as his weapons dropped to the floor, however as they dropped, they fired by themselves, a customised installation to the guns being the cause. One gun realised a Joker toxin while the other combust into flames, the gas and fire being an unfortunate mix. As the gas covered us Harley managed to escape, we only escaped ourselves by grappling to the top of the shipping crates. "Well that went well" I said frustratedly. Damian said nothing at first until a smug look appeared on his face."What is it demon spawn?" I asked, "I'm tracking him" he replied. Maybe things were better than planned.

Robin's POV
It was annoying not being able to go out with Damian and Jason, but if I had to stay here for their plan to work I would. Because those two are trying so hard to help me so I could at least make their job a little easier, plus if I went a bit spacey or crazy Alfred knew and could easily help me out. Everyone trusts Alfred. Currently I was sat in my room reading a book. I'd just finished talking with Charlie a few minutes ago and it was about 9 at night. I'd pondered on whether I would go sit downstairs and watch TV but it didn't feel right, I would be sat by myself. Dad was already down in the cave, Tim was god knows where, and Dick was just around somewhere.

I was currently reading a book called "Am I Normal Yet?" By Holly Bourne, a book about a teenaged girl with OCD who is trying to hide it from the world. It's quite captivating to read, but all the same slightly relatable. We all have that one thing we want to hide from the world, either it be how we truly feel or how different we really are, we all have that one something. I was about halfway through a page when a light knock sounded at my door. "Who is it?" I asked putting my bookmark in place. "It's me, Dick" Dick said. "Oh, come in" I replied.

He stepped inside my room and closed the door behind him, he looked towards me curiously and saw the book in my hand. "So you want to continue reading or do you wanna do something together?" He asked. "You know like old times?" He added. I thought about it for a minute, but then again spending time with him was enjoyable no matter what it was. Of course I would do something with him. "Yeah, sure, sounds fun, so what was old times like?" I asked. He came over to my bed and sat at the end of it before speaking. "Well we used to watch movies together, TV, there were the days we played imaginary games, built sofa forts. Of course then we began our training and then there was fighting practice, puzzles, logic games, mind games. You get the picture" he said smiling at the nostalgic thoughts.

"So how about we watch some TV?" I said. He nodded then stopped, seemingly because he had an idea. "Why don't you show me those tv shows from your-I mean the other realm" he said. I smiled, I could show him young justice! "Actually that's a great idea! Shall we get Tim or is he planning on helping dad out patrolling since the other two disappeared" I said casually, trying my best not to give away anything about Jason and Damian. "If you want, I mean you've hardly seen Tim so it'd be good to spend some time together" he replied. I nodded. "Well okay so we need to hook my iPad up to a TV, so you can go do that coz I don't know how, and I'll go get Tim" I said. I got up before Dick could give an answer and so I left him with my iPad and my Tv in my room.

I went down the hall to Tim's room and knocked on his door. There was no reply. Alfred passed me as I stood waiting and so I asked if he'd seen Tim anywhere. "I think he's with your father in the cave" Alfred replied. "Oh okay thanks Alfred" I replied thankfully and returned to my room. "No Tim?" Dick asked as I sat down. "Nah Alfred said he was with dad" I replied. "Never mind then, I think I've got the Tv working though" Dick said half heartedly as he played with wires and connections. I sat watching him work for a bit until the TV screen flickered and my iPad screen appeared. "You did it!" I cheered. He laughed, "So what's this TV show we're gonna watch?" He asked. "Young Justice" I replied.

In my room I had two squishy navy blue beanbags and so we positioned them infront of the TV and I opened up putlocker and put on the Young Justice. I sat quietly watching it as I started the series for the third time now. I enjoyed the first season, however dreaded the second, because we all know how it ends. I smiled as Dick sat focused on the screen watching the cartoon which was of his every movement. I watched it too, but spent half of my time watching the expressions on Dick's face as things happened. I felt quite sad when Wally appeared on screen again, as Dick was obviously pained to see him again, yet he smiled because he was hearing wally's old jokes all over again, watching how they became friends.

After a couple of episodes I left Dick to watch it while I went downstairs for some popcorn and snacks. When I did it was also because my head was feeling particularly dizzy and it wasn't my health, well maybe it was mental health but not physical. Alfred was nearby and suggested that I take some sleeping pills in my drink so that way it wouldn't look as if I'd been drugged and typically had just fallen asleep watching the TV seeing as it was later on at night. The most I'd expect Dick to do was tidy up a bit and put me in bed, I mean he was technically my older brother if you ignore the fact he's adopted and I have a huge crush on him.

So I did as Alfred had suggested and when  I went upstairs I finished my drink and felt my eyelids close more with the passing second until I drifted into a slow sleep. I usually could sleep through anything, but as I fell asleep his image appeared in my mind, forcing me awake and my body fighting against the sleeping pills. Dick had already left by now and had put me in bed, but I couldn't help but sit up and stare as his image remained. "Get out of my head Joker" I shouted mentally. He simply just laughed at me and said "I see you know the Boy Wonder" he said smugly. "I don't know the boy wonder. Who is he Joker you tell me!" I shouted again mentally. "Well that's what you're for" he said. "Get out of my head I screamed mentally this time and to my own surprise and confusion he did.

I blinked a few times, but when I finished there wasn't the Joker stood at the foot of my bed, but Damian and Jason, and Jason was already on the floor. Bleeding.

Yay I did a cliffhanger thingy, anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this and don't forget to vote and comment any questions you have!

Lizzy :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 197 27
IMPORTANT: I have a major writers block since August 2020, and I haven't updated this story properly ever since. And honestly, I'm not sure if I want...
45.4K 1.4K 23
Love may seem like a really complicated term depending on the person who seeks it. It can be pretty like a scene from a fairytale, but it can be the...
1.5K 81 45
Young Grace Hunter finds herself in trouble when she decides to write a book about all the superheroes and villains of the Justice League and Marvel...
Atlas By Virgo

Fanfiction

142K 6K 28
(Y/N) moved to Gotham to give herself and her son Eilis a fresh start. Sure, people thought she was crazy for leaving Metropolis for a crime run city...