Futuristic Four

By BamBrixBam

Supers are gone missing and so the NSA tries to keep the younger supers safe by enrolling them into some kind... More

Missing Supers
Stay Home or Stay Safe
Early Starts and Long Drives
Roomates
First Days are Never Easy
Benefits of Video Games
All Dates Are Official
Fun's Over
Under Attack
Behind It All
It's Over. Or Is It?
Not Entirely Normal
Escaping the NSA
Robinson Industries Break In
Setting Things in Motion
Into the Villain's Lair
Bitter Sansweet Ending
Futuristic Four! Go Time

The Risks We Take

1.5K 60 27
By BamBrixBam

Maybe it wasn't wise to suddenly leave her friends. She of all people knew to stick together in times of crisis, but she also had a younger brother to look out for. While Dash may have been a nuisance, they were still family and over the years, both had stood in the line of fire to protect the other. That's what families did. Super or not.

Someone had taken over the school and was sending in guards to take them out. She needed to know if her little brother was safe. Dash could handle himself, she knew that, but this enemy had taken everyone by surprise, locking the doors and when opened, guards came in to take them who knows where.

*

"Vi now's not the time to be invisible!" Hiro called out.

"Call louder. I don't think the bad guys heard you." Wilbur said sarcastically.

"Excuse me for worrying." Hiro remarked. "But someone I care about has snuck off and of all times."

"Hey. I'm worried about her too, but she must have had her reason for ditching us and if something has happened to her, we're no good if we're in the same situation. You know Violet. She's done this sort of thing before, I'm pretty sure she could handle it." Wilbur said.

"We still have to find her." Hiro said. In their short time together, he had grown to care for her and even after their fight that left him unsure of how she felt about him, he still cared and he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. Not for as long as he lived. And he really didn't want their fight to be their last confrontation.

"Well, what would make her run off?" Penny questioned.

"We can worry about that when we find her." Hiro said.

"Oh, that'll be easy. Find the girl who can turn invisible." Wilbur rolled his eyes, but did understand the seriousness of the situation. His friend was missing and all were in risk of being in danger. But it wouldn't hurt to put some humour in the situation. Okay, it was his way of keeping calm and not stressing out with worry over his friend.

*

She luckily hadn't ran into any of the guards who had taken over. There were a few close calls, but they hadn't exactly crossed paths. She just had to make sure Dash was okay.

He was capable of taking care of himself, but he was like her when their family was in danger. Going in without thinking. It was stupid to jump in the line of fire, but people always did crazy and reckless things for the people they cared about. But if she was to get a lecture for her poor use of judgement, then so be it. Family was more important.

Violet headed down the corridor, coming down towards her brother's room. Dash wasn't always the brightest and preferred to take action before thinking it through. But if the situation demanded it, he would pull through. And right now the situation demanded that he be on his guard. But who knew if he was? After all, the attack had been unexpected and hardly anyone saw it coming. She just hoped she'd get to him in time before anything serious happened.

*

They were looking at it all wrong. Violet had to have a strong reason why she bolted. None of them knew what was of major importance to risk their lives for.
Unlike them, she had been on the field. Has actual experience with these sort of things. But that would mean she knew the smart thing to do was to stick with the team.
Team.
Before coming here she was apart of The Incredibles. Her team had been her family. She was the only one who had family here.

That's when it hit the genius. She ran off because she had family. Her younger brother, Dash, was also a student at the school. Hiro was willing to bet their parents told her to keep an eye on him and of course she'd take that literally. He probably would've done the same with Tadashi if he were here.

"I know where she went." Hiro said.

The other two looked at him and seeing his expression they let him lead the way.

"How do you even know where his room is?" Wilbur asked.

"Violet's my roommate and that information does eventually come out." Penny replied.

"And you're the son of Cornelius Robinson." Hiro teased.

"Shut up." Wilbur frowned.

Hiro might've known where she was heading, but Penny certainly knew the way.

*

Violet was almost in the section where her brother's dorm was. She was currently waiting for a group of guards to pass by.
As she waited out of sight a hand suddenly came over her mouth and when she turned around, a group of guards were her captors. Her instincts was to punch them hard.

*

"Guards." Penny whispered as she abruptly stopped.

"How do we get pass them?" Wilbur asked.

Penny thought for a moment. "I got it." She clicked her fingers. "You guys have to stick close though." She faced them.

"Why?" They said in unison.

A second later they were all sporting the guards' uniform.

"Woah!" The boys said once again in unison as they examined their new outfits.

"It's just an illusion." Penny stated. "You're still in your normal clothes."

"But these don't only look real. They feel real." Wilbur pointed out.

"It's all in your head." Penny rolled her eyes. "But don't let anyone touch you. It ruins the illusion and we could all end up in trouble."

"Alright. Got it." Hiro nodded. "Lets go." He said and began heading down the corridor.

"Someone's taking his name literally." Wilbur whispered to Penny, earning a slight giggle from the girl. But she then became serious as she had to concentrate to keep the illusion up.

They followed the line of guards, remaining at the back and keeping silent so not to draw attention and they kept their eye out for a certain raven-haired teen.

From the corner of his eye, Hiro swore he saw someone dash by in the opposite corridor and carefully he left the group, the other two doing the same.

As luck would have it, it was Violet. She hadn't seen them and it looked as if she was keeping low. Well...lower than they already were.

Hiro came from behind, covering her mouth, to keep her from screaming, and pulled her back, so they were out of sight from the nearby guards.

He wasn't expecting her to turn around and punch him in the face.

Of course, that physical contact caused the illusioned suit to disappear and expose his identity.

"I now know not underestimate you in a fight." He joked, rubbing his jaw. That was sure some hit.

"You idiot! You scared me!" She said angrily.

"I scared you?" Hiro suddenly became angered. "You're the one who ran off during a raid." He pointed.

"I was just trying to protect my brother." She said.

"That's still no reason to just wander off. You could've gotten hurt."

"I can take care of myself, thank you very much." Violet crossed her arms.

"Sure. What if I was a real guard just then? You'd end up like those kids who got captured. You're lucky it was just us."

"Lucky?" She said as if offended. "You might've cost me my life and gotten us all caught."

"While it's amusing to see you two banter like an old married couple. I really think we should focus on what's more important." Wilbur interrupted.

"SHUT UP!" Hiro and Violet yelled in unison, causing Wilbur to back down. If they had heat vision, they would've blown a hole through his head.

Before the two could continue their argument, another set of voices interrupted. But it wasn't any familiar set of voices.

"It came from here. I swear I heard something." It was the guards and they could see their shadows on the wall and it looked like they were heading in their direction.

"Now you've done it." Penny glared at her two friends.

________________

AN: Real sorry this update took so long. Surely this chapter makes up for the wait.
Apparently, I had Violet's age wrong according to the comics. She's 13 during the events of the film, but I had her at 14. Well, I did have other information that said she was 14. Oh well. What's one year?
And the comics did inspire some ideas for this AU.
How do you feel if I added Xander, Violet's boyfriend in the comics, to future projects?

And Brixie out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 49 27
A half human half god meets an Amazon and falls in love Completed for now
1.5K 45 10
๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก ๐–ค "the quality or state of being true" โš˜ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐Ÿ‘ โš˜ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ž๐ฑ๐จ๐œ
55.2K 1.3K 169
Watchdogs Imagines featuring Wrench๐Ÿ˜˜Marcus๐ŸฅฐSitara๐Ÿ˜Œand Josh๐Ÿฅบ (Though it's mostly Wrench) If you have any scenario ideas please comment and I'll...
A NEW TEAM By mattkts

Science Fiction

102 0 40
Henry, one of the team, gets abducted by a meta and that brings an old friend of his with his team that will help Henry's team to find him