What He Wanted (Book#1 of The...

By SiyaNavas

(Book#1 of 'The Runaway Club' but also can be read as stand alone). Ria Malhotra was done. If her parents tho... More

Chapter 1 : Elope to freedom
Chapter 2 : A strange meeting
Chapter 3 : To get to know more.
Chapter 4 : The breakfast orders
Chapter : 5 Banshee in a Ferrari
Chapter 6 : Post-Gucci Peace offering.
Chapter 7: Little Angel In Taffeta and The Frenchman
Chapter 8 : A Blast From The Past
Chapter 9 : Noble Knight and Her Steed
Chapter 10 : Getting Emotionally Attached to Food
Chapter 11 : One Almost-True Love
Chapter 12 : The Universal Answer to All Things Makeover
Chapter 13 : Traffic Rules for the Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 14 : Billionaire's girlfriend Jealousy
Chapter 15 : Losing A Grip
Chapter 17 : The Bed-Time Story
Chapter 18 : Punches? I Don't Think So!
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 19 : The Playboy's Night Plans
Chapter 20 : The Last Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Jar
Chapter 21 : Seeing Red
Chapter 22 : Oh, look! How alike our sob stories are!
Chapter 23 : Mr. Teddy is my husband and the Evil Potato is my sister-in-law
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 24 : Ohmigosh! Are those--?!
Chapter 25 : The Soon-to-be She-Hulk
Chapter 26 : Well Hello, Playboy!
Chapter 27: Shifting Mount Everest and Throwing A Tea Party In Venus
Chapter 29: Bugs Bunny
Chapter 30: We--he,er...him...I-I, you know?
31. My Perfect World
32. Brownie Points
Chapter 33: The Coffee Date
Chapter 34: DΓ©jΓ  vu Disaster
Chapter 35: Dead Weights and The Deserving
Chapter 36: On Either Sides Of The World
Chapter 37: Blind Eye and Traitors
Chapter 38: Prince Charming to Cinderella
Chapter 39: A Smuggled Heathen Goddess
Chapter 40: Limelight Virgin Arm Candy
Chapter 41: Hurricane Ria
~EPILOGUE~
Author's Note
Book#2
Announcement
Heyo-Mayo

Chapter 28: Missed Me?

3.8K 130 6
By SiyaNavas

PLAYLIST: Will Young - Jealousy 

~Adam's POV~

****MINUTES BEFORE THE DANCE****

"Owch!"

I snapped back into reality and looked down at Kimberly who was glaring at me. "Sorry" I apologize and loosened my death grip on her waist. She shuffed slightly, never lowering her intense glare on me with her doe eyes. I sighed and rubbed my jaws in frustration.

"Adam, is everything----" I didn't hear the end of what she said and my heated glare fell on the raven haired seductress sitting in the bar counter, laughing at something what that son of b**** said. I grit my teeth, trying to reign in all the anger which was bubbling within. If looks could kill, Aaron would have been six feet under. 

I took a deep breath. I shouldn't snap, not right now. Not when my dream project is getting at its full swing. Afterall, what's wrong with him doing some harmless flirting with her. It's not like she is girlfriend or anything. She is just my friend.

'Or is she?'

I tensed at my stupid consiousness' remark. "Ow!" Kim exclaimed again and immediately I let go of her waist. "What the hell Adam?! You trying to lead me or strangle my waist?" Kim sneered at me and I looked back at her chocolate orbs. "I am sorry Kim..I am a bit distracted.." I trailed off and looked back at the couple in the bar counter. "Yeah right" Kim scoffed and continued flashing her million-dollar-smile at my associates.

My blood started boiling when Aaron kept his drink away and started leaning in on Ria, more than how much I would appreciate. I watched with pure unadultered anger rising inside me as Aaron tucked a strand of her loose hair and started trailing his finger down her jaws as he whispered something in her ears which made Ria stiffen visibly. I let out a low growl, narrowing my eyes into thin slits.

"Adam?" Kim's whisper broke me out of that anger trance. So much for harmless light flirting, Krystals. I looked down at her face laced with concern, my jaws still tense. She quitely followed my line of vision and spotted Aaron and Ria who were in a seemingly serious conversation. Her eyes lit up almost mischeviously.

"Aaron's hooked himself a stunner tonight." She commented as she looked up at me, "I bet he'll have her where he needs her by the end of the night." She said and winked at me. This time I growled louder, right at her face. She burst out laughing as a smooth waltz song started playing. She controled herself and looked into my eyes seriously. "I understand that you have a thing for that girl there." She began but I opened my mouth to protest but she beat me to it. "Stop denying and start accepting, big brother. I know that your past is shit and all, but stop being so whiny about it. Do something about it. Not all women is Chloe. Grow a pair and talk to her, shithead!"

With that she vigorously broke away from me and stomped away angrily, just like how she used to do when she was 10. I smiled after her. What would I have done if I didn't have an amazing sister like her? Whatever she said struck a chord in me. Not all women is Chloe. I knew from the start that I was falling for Ria and that she wasn't one of those attention seekers like Chloe. It is time I had to man up and tell her about what had been haunting me. I looked back at her smiling face and felt myself smile. 

This is it. I lost the fight with my feeling for her. Even if she denys me, I will still get rid of that deadweight that hand been haunting me ever since I met her.

I watched with mixed emotions as Aaron pulled her up for a dance. She swayed unsteadily on her feet and I knew then that she was drunk. I felt a knot tighten in my stomach when I glanced at Aaron's smirk. 

I know him better than anyone. He will get what he wants and that smirk told me that he already had his eyes on the prize. I felt myself getting red with rage when I knew that his prize was Ria. She smiled at him and I saw him passing her one of his notorious smile when they positioned themselves for the waltz. I stood a there and watched him place her hands on his chest, all the while Ria talking to him. He seemed to nod to everything and they started swaying to the beat. I crossed my arms with a hard resolve that my best friend will have his arms amputated if he tried anything on Ria.

I ground my teeth together angrily when I saw Ria swatting away Aaron's hand from her inappropriate places. I had to do breathing exercise, or there is going to be a blood-bath.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe i-----The f*ck?!

I turned into a beast when I saw that good-for-nothing-WOMANIZER dipping Ria and leaning on her provocatively. My hands fisted beside me on their own accord when I saw that even after the dip was over, he never bothered to take his filthy face off of her neck. I couldn't see anything but the oh-so-comfortable couple in the dance floor. It was as if the whole world around me didn't matter so much anymore. I took power strides to the edge of the dance circle and crossed my arms so that I wouldn't grip that assh*le's neck if he comes closer. I caught him twirl Ria hard, purposely so that she will fall on his chest.

That's it!!

The thin stip of patience I had in me broke into smitherines. The next thing I know, I had grabbed a random woman who was standing beside me and slipped into the dance circle, right next to Aaron and Ria. They seemed not to notice me and the woman in my arms was gushing about being able to dance with me. That's the thing, I don't dance much. And this female is in the edge of passing out of too much happiness. I ignored her and kept my sole attention on the couple beside me.

"PARTNER SWITCH!!!!!!"

I spun the blonde in my arms the guy next to me as I saw Aaron spinning Ria and letting her go...into my arms. I think the light ws playing tricks on me, I think I saw Aaron smile in satisfaction, as if he got what he wanted.

 I tore my eyes away from my best friend when I felt Ria's fragile frame crash into mine. I did not miss the fact how my body reacted to her presense. My heartbeat skyrocketed instantly and I felt myself stiffen at our contact. My arms went around her narrow waist and pulled her closer to me. I felt her running her fingertips run on my chest and I felt myself getting excited and giddy. And when she rose her raven head and looked at me with her beautiful emerald eyes, the world around me seemed to come to an abrupt stop. Breathing seemed such a hard task now. All I could see were her surprised face, whose beauty was almost painful under the bright yellow lights. My eyes feasted on her doe-like eyes filled with so many emotions, her flawlessly smooth tanned skin, her small nose and that full, pouty lips of hers.

 I felt myself drawn to her more and more.

We started to sway as I leaned in on her sliky black hair inhaling her addicting scent. That sweet and gentle fragrance being marred by a perfume with a bold musky scent. If anything it drove me more crazy. I gripped her bare back and pulled her closer than ever before and pressed my lips on her ears.

"Missed me?" I purred in her ear huskily and I felt her shiver slightly in my arms. I chuckled and nibbled her earlobes slightly, hearing a small moan of pleasure from her that made me satisfied of my self. With a huge smug smile plastered on my face, I rose my head to meet her face but still slightly bend so that my height matches with hers. I saw her blush furiously, though she was slightly tanned, I could make out her blush.

"A-Adam?" She squeeked and I placed my forehead on hers while swaying to the music.

"You seem surprised" I stated as I twirled gently, as if she were made of glass. "Where you expecting someone else?" I hummed lightly on her ears, loving the way she shudders at our close proximity. She looked into my eyes with slight alarm and then hooded her emerald orbs with her long lashes.

"I t-thought you were..you know, Aaron?" She said in her melodious voice. I stiffened nd I was positive that my grip on her waist tightened a notch too. But she didn't complaint. "I see that you have fallen for his womanizing charms" I said, my voice filled with disgust. I felt her flinch at my harsh words. She reagined her composture and so did I. 

"I must say he got pretty good charms." She noted and I growled lowly.

"Buuuttttt.."She drawled and I looked into her excited green eyes. 

"But what?" I managed to grit out of my tensed jaws. She grinned cheekily, "I am not interested in him." I felt myself smile at her words in relief. I dipped her gently and securely pulled her back up, savouring the feel of her hands gripping my shoulders in fear. With the smile on my face I asked her, "Why aren't you interested in him?"

She playfully shrugged, "I've got my eyes on another man at the moment" At that reply of hers, my smile faltered.

'What? You expected her to yell out her eternal love to you, marry you tomorrow and have a dozen of kids?' My conciousness asked me sarcastically and I sighed. What did I expect?

"Is that so?" I asked with great difficulty, managing to keep that smile intact...almost. She nodded and looked away momentarily. I too fell into silence, praying that this moment should last forever. But it was not so.

"Hey?" I asked.

"Mmm?"

"Wanna get out of here?" I asked and she rose one of her perfect eyebrows at me, a playful excitement playing in her eyes as she smile mischeviously.

"Why not?" She murmered, close to my ears and this time, I felt a shiver of pleasure down my spine at our closeness.

"PARTNER SWITCH!!!" The DJ yelled through the microphone and I gently tugged us out of the dance loop, with Ria's small hands tucked into my large ones. I had no intention of leaving her to another man's arms. She silently followed me, our hands entwined to the deserted hallway. Her face was adorable scrunched up and I could tell that she was deep in her thoughts.

Sometimes, I am ready to give up anything just to know what is going inside that pretty little head of hers. Like right now...

~Ria's POV~

I let his large, warm hands cover mine tenderly as he strode down the beautiful hallway. His face was locked in some serious thought and I caught him staring at me in the corner of his eyes more than once. I had to admit, I was scared. I had seen him acting weird in many occations and I simply brushed it off, cause it was Adam. But now, I am in the verge of a major panic attack.

What if he understood that I like him?

Was he taking me somewhere to advise me against it? Reason with me that he dosen't like me back?

What if he is a part of illumianti and he is going to take me as a prisoner so that he can negotiate the new world order with a bunch of green aliens from mars, cause the aliens are tired of humans sending spaceships to mars and crashing their roofs?

Hmmm...

I carefully accessed Adam's handsome face which was locked with so many emotions. His bright blue eyes that could drown everyone who looked within it. His well defined cheekbones and chiselled face like those of Abercombie and Frise models. His sturdy roman nose that went along his strong and firm jaws. His pink and totally kissable lips. His broad shoulders that was clad in a tuxedo, accentuating his well maintained body.

Hmmm...Is he illuminati?? Highly likely...

I sighed. Yup, I am getting paranoid. I might have went with Aaron's stupid plans in a spur of a moment, but now, I am sacred half to death. I cannot forget that moment with Adam, how magical it had been. Then, I had forgotten everything that bothered me and drowned myself in his blue eyes. I could hear nothing but my deafening heartbeat and my ragged breath when felt his body brush against mine ever so lightly. 

Is eveything going to be awkward now on?

I came to a conclustion that it is time I test waters. "Adam, where are we going?" I asked. I think I saw Adam's lip quirk up in a small smile. "You'll see", said his deep baritone. I sighed again.

Why he keeping it a secret?

Is it because it is taboo to speak to me anymore?

Or is he really an illuminati kidnapper?

Argh! This so damn frustrating!

I abruptly stopped walking and tied my hands stubbornly to my chest. Adam stopped walking and turned to me with a quizzical eyebrow rose in his perfect face. I frowned like a child at him.

"What's wrong, Ria?"

"You're walking too fast. I get it, you have freakishly long legs and all but I don't." I blurt out and Adam looked at me amused, crossing his arms across his firm chest, making his biceps strain against his suitcoat. 

"Freakishly long legs?" He asked and I nodded. He gave a small chuckle and advanced in my direction, shaking his head whilst a small smile one his lips. And what he did next surprised me. He bend down and slipped one of his hands on my waist and the other just below my ass. I let out a surprised squeal when he lifted me off the ground, bridal style.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I hissed as he casually started walking towards the mystrey destination.

"Carring you" He replied as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.

That shut me up and I sunk back in his arms, savouring his warmth, the grip he held on my waist and thighs and the feel of his muscles strain against my relaxed ones with my weight. My hreat was beating like a drum and my breath was coming out with so much effort. I shyly looked up at him and I was met with his beautiful sea-blue orbs looking at mine with an expression I couldn't decipher. 

It didn't matter as long as I was secure in his arms like this forever. But that was not so. Looking away from his handsome face, I was met with another breathtaking sight.

"Wow....." I breathed.

*

AND THAT WAS A CLIFF-HANGER!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, its been a long time since I had made a cliffhanger and it feels damn good. Hey, its my birthday and this evil act comes under the "BIRTHDAY GIRL PRIVILEGES".

Soooo, IDK when the next update it coming up cause its *ahem* a bit *ahem*  intense. No, they are not going to the deed....yet. SPOLIER ALERT!!!!!!

So, VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE if you want more of this ultra toe-curling scenes!

Your deviously-scheming author,

S!ya

P.S--- Like the song??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

763K 23K 40
β€’ BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES β€’ β€’ COMPLETED β€’ β€’ STANDALONE β€’ ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
908K 57.4K 64
INTRODUCING Manik malhotra~asias no.1 youngest business tycoon..age 26 yrs..winning businessman of the year awards frm past 3 yrs..mood switches...so...
126K 4.9K 51
Hey guys!!! This book is available in Amazon. You can purchase your own copy (edited version). I know, I'm not a great writer nor this book is great...
849K 63.1K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...