Argument with Heart

By Silentheart30

He's a business mogul. She's his childhood friend. They fall in love, but circumstances pull them apart. Ian... More

PROLOGUE
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX

VII

217 4 0
By Silentheart30

VII

Samantha was fidgeting with her hair and tucking her dress over and over again. 

“Will you stop making a fool of yourself?” Kelly whispered in her ear.

They both got ready and were now sitting with other guest in the living room.

Samantha was nervous and does not know what to do. Sitting directly opposite to Ian was making her more conscious. Whenever she turned her head, Ian was looking at her. His eyes never left hers. She felt his gaze, even if she was not paying attention to him.

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. Today is your day. Make the most of it and focus on Nathan” Samantha mentioned darting her eyes towards Nathan. Nathan was looking at Kelly as if she was a piece of cake. 

"Such a tease”. Kelly followed Samantha's gaze and saw the smile on Nathan's face, as soon as she found his eyes. He winked at her, making her turn a shade of pink. 

“Always”. Samantha shrugged and smile meekly. She dared a looked at Ian's direction, when he was busy in a conversation with Jake. She could properly look at him, taking in his appearance.

He was clad in a simple jeans and t-shirt, yet he was looking so delectable. How can someone be so appealing yet so enticing? He looked really fresh and his smile was complimenting his happiness.

Within second, he turned and caught her watching him. 

Oh, busted. She immediately averted her gaze, but she could hear his light chuckle.

Turning her head, she found Ian smiling at her. She could not help, but smile back.

. . .

Ian was sitting at the bar stool with a clear view for him to see her face. She was doing that again. Since the time both the girls had joined them, Samantha was very quietly sitting her by friend side and fidgeting with whatever her hand could reach on to. She looks nervous. He wanted to smooth those worry lines off her face. She looked like she had sucked in a large gulp of air and trying to swallow it, only that it felt like a solid rock instead of air. 

He looked at her when he saw her smiling and amazed that she didn't turn away instead smiled back. Sweet and musical. That did it. He was sure now she would listen to him, but still doubtful. He wanted to talk to her, obviously not with an audience. He will wait for his time for the opportunity. 

Ian felt Nathan’s hand on his shoulder. “Isn't she is looking beautiful?” Nathan asked Ian adoring his fiance with a broad smile on is face. 

“Yes, she is.” Ian sign, gaze never strayed from Samantha’s face. He still could not take his eyes off her, especially when those slow and shy smiles were playing on her face.

. . .

Samantha shifted her gaze and saw Nathan lusting over his fiance. She nudged Kelly with her elbow to remind her of Nathan. When Kelly just directed her gaze towards Nathan and he was still focused on her and winked when their eyes meet. Kelly blushed and averted her gaze. 

“I didn't know, you could do that” Samantha teased her friend when she saw her face.

“Oh, shut up” Kelly felt embarrassed being caught with her little exchange. She blushed more. If that’s even possible.

“See! you did it again”

“Will you stop being such a tease? Just wait for me to get back to you for this.” Kelly threatened harmlessly.

Samantha gave her a wicked smile and pulled her up, to help serving the drinks. Samantha could not bear to stay in the same room with Ian, looking at her like this. Her best escape was to leave this room and when she saw Kelly’s mother getting up to get the drinks, she decided to help.

. . .

Ian was looking for an opportunity. But, she was too engrossed talking to all her friends but him. So, when he did, he grabbed it. When he saw Samantha sauntered in the direction of the kitchen, he excused himself and followed her.

He walked straight to the kitchen,n where she had disappeared a moment ago. Without letting anyone see him going behind her, he sneaked into the kitchen. He wanted to apologize to her. He never got any opportunity to apologize properly. But looking at her she won’t listen to a few years, overdue apology, today either. 

. . .

Once Samantha reached the kitchen counter, she let out a breath she was holding and steadied herself. Then, she started decorating a tray with drinks. She doesn't want to go back just yet, so she bid her time staying in the kitchen and helped in serving the drinks.

“Mind if I help you?” She heard him asking. She flinched at his voice.

Samantha was facing her back, when he asked her. She could never forget that voice, even in her dream. Ian’s deep sensual voice, that seemed to instantly heat her with warmth, she found oddly disconcerting. But she was furious. He had the audacity to come and talk to her, now. What happened yesterday? How could he just come and talk to her after being missing from hr life her for so many years. And that was his decision, which she never understood until now.

And, what no greeting again!!! Have we gone past hi and hello!!!

She startled, when he came behind her ,closing the distance.

“Did I scare you? I’m sorry” Ian was standing behind her. If he want, he could just extend his hand and touch her, but he wasn't sure of her reaction.

He took a step closer, smelling her perfume, inebriating to his soul. He closed his eyes trying to  memorized and imprint it to his mind.

She placed the tray on the counter, in the fear that she might drop it. His proximity was infectious. She still had a good hold if it. She had work to do. 

She felt his breath on her neck. She closed her eyes, feeling the warmth radiating from his body. Then, suddenly she turned, with the half filled tray, accompanied by a startled gasp, her eyes locked to his.

He was standing very close to her, almost touching her. His closeness was not bothering her as much as, his curious eyes were scanning her face for some answers. Answers to questions he didn’t asked yet and she didn't reply to any of his, either.

He was trying to read any emotion from her face.  His eyes were fixed on her for more than required.

. . .

Ian pinned her with his stare and wanted nothing more to pull her up to him and feel her body pressed up against his.

Her brow knitted in confusion. “No, I don’t mind” She said, dejectedly answering his previous question and leaving no space for more question.

He could sense a ‘but’ in there, knowing fully well that she was not easy to persuade. Her stubbornness would never allow her to let it go. She was always so feisty and stubborn, when it came to express her opinion. He was aware that, how well she had managed to hide her feeling for him until that day. But it was not a very pleasant memories. When he was made to realize her feeling, all he did was crushed her heart and walked away from her seven years ago. That was all total a different story and he never intended to repeat. He was helpless and it was not in his hands to fix it. Circumstances had it against him.

 . . . 

She tried to move, to get a hold of the tray. She tried to step back, but his hold on her arm prevented any escape. She felt herself being pulled towards him.

He pried her fingers off the tray and placed it back carefully. Without disconnecting their eyes, he pulled her and hugged her tight.

Her body stiffened, with his sudden action, and then she heard him saying.“I’ve missed you so much, Samie”.

She melted, hearing her name from his lips. He had used her old college name. All her resolve to stay away from him was thrown out of the window. But she still could not bring her hands up to hug him back yet. Whereas his grip tightened around her back and she was shoved deep into his arms. She closed her eyes feeling his warmth against her body. There were times, she had imagined him doing this, now when it was happening, she couldn't get a grip on her own emotions. When he showed no sign of releasing her yet, she slowly bought her arm to his waist, but still keeping it from touching him. She wanted to hug him back. And wanted nothing then being held by him.

She twisted her wrist and folded her fingers. Anxiety was seeping in and her nervousness from earlier was not helping her in this situation.

He didn’t say anything, just held her close to him. He liked the feeling of her in his arms. At first, he noticed her hesitation, which melted slowly. He was glad that at least she didn't retaliate or threw any fit. 

Samantha wanted to say something, so she opened her eyes. Her response was slow, with him being so close, but she closed her mouth, when she saw Kelly walking through the kitchen door, looking at them with puzzled eyes.

Kelly gave her a knowing smile. Samantha didn't miss the smirk, she tried to cover. She pulled away quickly and stood a good distance away from him. But Samantha guessed that her friend’s eyes didn’t miss anything.

Ian didn't know what happened. She had suddenly pulled away. Maybe I have gone a bit overboard. He thought, he pushed her too much and felt guilty from doing this to her. That was until, he heard Kelly speaking. 

“Ah….there you are” Kelly breathed in relief. She acted as if she didn't see them all at and had just walked in. Kelly stopped at her place when both of them were looking at her, as if been caught in an act. Both of them were looking confused. She was trying to cover her laugh after looking at both of their facial expression.

Ian was pissed for being interrupted, but he was not interested what Kelly had to say. He was mostly interested in how Samantha evaded making more eye contact then necessary and scooted away, as if guilty of a crime.

“I came here to ask……I think, I’ll come later.” Kelly was ready to turn on her heels, when she heard Samantha’s voice.

“No, I’m done here" Samantha scurried away, edging her way up to the living room, with the tray of glasses. The glasses were clattering in the tray. She was nervous and as much affected as he was. “Let serves the remaining drinks” She spoke to one of the waiting staff while her way  out.

Kelly came to stand next to Ian, while his eyes were fixed at Samantha.

“As always, very stubborn” Ian stated, looking at the now closed kitchen door.

“Yes, she always was the stubborn one in our group” Kelly confirmed. “…..especially when it comes to you”. Kelly turned towards Ian pointing those words at him. She was glaring at him with mixed emotion. “What did you do? What did you say? Did she listen? Did she say anything” She blurted out without taking a break, in between.

“Hmmm.....I tried. And it didn't go well.” That was his intention. But he couldn't lie. He wanted more than that. He wanted her trust too, a place in her heart, if truth to be told.  “I think I pushed her away again. She didn't say anything. But before she could say anything, you decided to show up and ruin my only opportunity.” Now it was his turn to glare, as he pointed those words at her.

“Well, what can I say, I didn't know you were trying to hog all her attention" Kelly added a bit of sarcasm. "A little head up next time would have been appreciated, yo, so that I could have helped" She sincerely meant it. "But, I have to admit, your techniques, suck” She said.

She doesn't want to betray her best friend, but she would be fool not to let her old friends be back to their old self, happy and bubbly and maybe rekindle that old love. How much I wish thing should go back to how it was years back. She missed those times, when they used to have so much fun. But, It was never late either. The world didn't end. They hadn't grow old.

Ian didn't know if there would be any next time. She didn't look pissed, but didn't look too happy either. Either way, he was thoroughly confused at her reaction. He didn't expect her to be frozen in her place, without belting out on him.

Ian sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I don’t know, how I’m going to convince her” He didn't say it too loud for Kelly to hear. “Why are you being so difficult Samie?” He started at the closed door, thinking about her. 

Kelly was looking at him with curious eyes. “Whom are you talking to?”

“Huh….nothing” He said suddenly, realizing Kelly was still there. "Let’s go out and serve the drinks”

 . . .

Soon all the guests had moved to the backward, after the welcome drinks were served. A long table was set, that could accommodate some twenty odd people at a time. Chairs were arrange on either side with decorated ribbons. At the center, food was served.

The sitting was such that, the bride’s and the groom’s family, occupied one end of the table, with the father's taking the center one. 

Samantha sat beside Kelly and on her other sides were the twin sisters. Nathan, of course, sat opposite Kelly.

Ian and Samantha fortunately had to sit facing each other. 

When the enticing aroma of food invaded the surroundings, activating their satiety centers, everyone dug in, as soon as it has been served. Both the families got busy chatting and discussing the upcoming wedding arrangements.

Kelly’s attention span was short-lived and soon she joined Nathan and mostly keeping Samantha occupied from feeling lonely.

Samantha had half-mind indulging in any conversation involving Ian. All she was doing was digging her spoon and having a mouthful of the food and enjoying the delicacies.

Suddenly she felt him staring at her and lifted her head to meet his piercing green eyes. She looked down at her plate to escape his gaze. Every-time time she looked up, his eyes were there to hold hers. She could not explain how her gaze averted to him and always found him staring at her. It was like an automated switch.

Ian's eyes were on her, occasionally dip down at his plate, but always there to meet hers. He was oblivious of his surrounding and what Nathan was trying to explain.

Samantha smirked, realizing Nathan was blabbering and Ian was not even responding to him. She was still stirred up, from her previous encounter with Ian in the kitchen. She remembered feeling his hands around hers, his warm breath on her neck, his body heat penetrating her skin where it was touching her. She shook her head suddenly feeling her body getting heated up, as he was pinning her with his gaze. She was still locked with his gaze. She quickly took the dessert and dipped her spoon for the ice-cream, in a hurry to cool her body. She was angry, how her body was reacting to his touch, hating herself that how low her control was.

Ian could not concentrate on his food, when Samantha was sitting just opposite to him looking so delectable in her peach color dress and to make the matter worse she was devouring on her peach ice-cream. With her lips around the spoon and shoveling a mouthful, it was as if teasing him and making him aware of his every anatomical part. He was not putting any mind to what Nathan was speaking. All he could see was, Samantha’s beautiful face in front of him.

As soon as lunch was finished, elder moved inside to discuss the preparation of the wedding, while the kids left to mingle among themselves. They all moved to sit in the garden benches.

“So….what do you say man, are you in?” Nathan asked by slapping his hand on Ian’s arm.

“About what….” He didn't know, what his friend was saying. 

“The trip….” Nathan informed. “Oh, come on, don’t say you have business and meeting and all those things, a business tycoon does to keep him…..” He didn't finish his sentence, as Ian spoke cutting him half way.

“When and where?” Ian asked. He doesn't want to look away from her, but it would be impolite if he does not acknowledge his friend.

“So you are in….huh?” Nathan asked to confirm again.

“Yes, I suppose. I’m your best man after all” Ian confirmed in a hope to shut his friend from making any further comment.

“I was talking to Kelly and they were all planning a vacation by next week. What do you say do you want to join us?”

Samantha ears perked up, hearing that last part of information. She doesn't remember Kelly saying something along these lines. She was confused. Was she missing something? She needed to confirm.

“Ummm….Kelly” She elbowed Kelly to get her attention and whispered in Kelly ears. “Are we inviting the guys too?”.

“Oh ya, Nathan here said, it will be a great idea, if we all go together” Kelly looked from Nathan to Samantha. “You don’t mind right?”

Kelly was unsure about the decision she made without asking her best friend. She knew that Samantha and Ian had a sordid history, but not anything beyond redemption. They were friends earlier and she knew that Samantha still had feeling for him. She only needed to realize them. But Samantha being so stubborn, she won't venture on her feelings for him Kelly was confirm now, after noticing the small exchanges, they were having, few minutes earlier. It didn't go unnoticed. It only proved her earlier suspicion of Samantha’s feelings. But she wanted to make sure that she unknowingly didn't hurt her friend’s feelings.

“I’m good” Samantha said, begrudgingly. “Have you decided? Bahamas or Miami?”

"Oh yeah" Kelly realized suddenly that the place was still not decided.

“So what will it be Bahamas or Miami?” Kelly now turned to Nathan after getting the hint from Samantha to finalize the place.

“Whatever you girls decide, I’m fine with it” Nathan transferred all the load back to Kelly. He was the last person that would make all this decision. He usually go-with-flow type of person and Kelly was an expert organizer.

Kelly shifted in her seat, almost jumping after hearing that she could decide on the place. So she chosen Miami and nudged her head at Samantha and Ian. "Miami?" 

“Yes, Miami” Both Samantha and Ian voiced at the same time, making them exchange a quick glance between each other, before others noticed. 

“So Miami is it then” Kelly voiced loudly, slightly jumping up and down in excitement. “It’s decided, on Thursday, we are driving off early morning from Jacksonville to Miami. It’s a six hours drive, so we will reach there at the latest by noon. Nathan and I will pick up the Katie and Annie.” She turned and gestured towards the twin sister and they agreed in unison. “Ian will pick up Samantha and boys you're on your own” She confirmed by looking at the Irvin and Jack, then turned to the next person sitting by her side.

Samantha was shaking her head in denial making Kelly understood her hesitation with the arrangement. Ride with Ian, no, no and complete no.

“If you want you can stay over my place the previous night, but later you will be sharing the car with Ian. So you better get used to it” Kelly whispered into Samantha ears, realizing her hesitation, but still trying her best to take away some awkwardness. She was on Ian's team, but she was on Samantha's also. After all if either of them won, victory would be their happiness and a long lost love.

“Why can’t I take my own car?” Samantha tried to reasoned out.

“You can’t be serious. Your truck won't survive that journey and will be dead before we reach there” Kelly joked hearing about her reason.

“Hey don’t make fun of my truck” Samantha scowled.

“No, sorry, but you are not backing out right? You have to come. I’m counting on you” Kelly pleaded.

“Nah….I wont miss it for Pete’s sake. Can I bring Sean for company?” Samantha almost chocked. Why did I even say that? How could I think his name?

But now that she had, she was glad. She might be confused about this whole situation, but she want a way out, so Sean was the best bait. And Sean would be a good distraction to keep her mind off Ian. She just had to convince Kelly now and later Sean needed to be convince. That was her left hand work.

“Are you sure?” Kelly asked.

“One hundred percent” Samantha just wished, that Sean agreed to accompany her. She would have to get on work as soon she get back. 

“That will be fun” Kelly winked at her and Samantha chortle.

But Kelly was somewhat unsure what her friend was planning. She thought for a while and asked again. “Are you doing this, because of him?” Kelly asked diverting her eyes from Ian.

Kelly knew that Samantha would never try to hurt Ian. And she would never consider Sean either. She only hoped that Samantha doesn't do anything stupid and end up hurting herself and breaking all their hearts in the process.

“What???” Samantha didn't see that coming, but nothing would ever be hidden from Kelly. That girl always amazed me sometime. “No, it’s nothing like that”

“I only hope you won’t do anything stupid and end up hurting yourself” Kelly spoke with concern.

“What makes you think that way? Am’ I that transparent?” Samantha questioned.

“Yes you are, look at you, From the time you are here, you haven’t been yourself.  All your movement and action are mirrored by him and you are doing the same. He moves, you move too, he looks up and you do the same locking gaze. And don’t think that your little exchanges are gone unnoticed" Kelly stated what she had observed. 

Samantha didn't deny nor said anything.

"I have seen it all. You can't fool me. You know how observant I’m, right?” Kelly asked her.

She put a hand on Samantha’s hand when she didn't say anything. She looked at the far end, watching the guys. They had moved away from them and were standing near the parked cars.

“I remember all and everything that had happen between you both. I can never forget it. But that is past now. You need to let it go and start anew.” Samantha was still looking at the guys as they waving off their byes to Irvin and Jack.

“Are you being true to yourself Samie? Like avoiding him or hiding your feelings.” Kelly asked now looking away form the guys and putting her attention studying Samantha.

Samantha waited listening to Kelly. She had hit the nail, on its head. She knew what made her start talking. The kitchen event, to be precise.

She smiled at Kelly meeting her eyes and replied. “That’s too easy, isn't it? I’m so predictable. I’ll be careful next time.” Samantha teased. She took a deep breath and said. “It’s been a really long time since I had seen him, let alone talk to him. But I'll try.". And I’m going try being casual when he is around next time. I’ll have to keep my emotions under check

“That’s better” Kelly said, listening to her resolve. She pulled her for a side hug and said. “Now cheer up. We are going to have loads of fun. And remember to pack up all your sexy alluring dresses and not to forget lots and lots of bikinis. We are going to need a lot of them” Letting out a deep breath Kelly proceeded. “Beaches, boys and booze. And you can even try your hands. Might come one handy. Honey…we are going to be so busy”

 “I’m looking forward to it. I‘m definitely having fun. ” Samantha added.

“And I’m going to make sure you do, just that. Don’t worry about the boys. I have Nathan all wind up around my pinky. They will do nothing to disturb our fun” Kelly assured.

“I know, you will. I have no doubt about your ability” Samantha though she needed to tease her a little bit about Nathan’s situation. This girl had him all chained up around her.

“Doubt!!!” Kelly pouted. “Now why would you break my heart by saying such words? Did you ever doubt of what I’m capable of?”

“No, never. I know exactly what you are capable off”. Samantha said and chuckled remembering their school days, how much Kelly was a troublesome student, always up with some mischief to trick the teachers.

“Okay, don’t put me in high cloud now. I don’t like to be spoiled, with all the compliments” 

“Now, who is putting words in my mouth” Samantha repeat that sentence which Kelly had mentioned in the morning.

 “Shut up…now let’s get going. We have loads of suitcases to pack. We should have some work for the guys also.” Kelly said while pulling her up from the bench. The twins who were busy with themselves also stood, mimicking their movement.

Samantha laughed.

Kelly looked at Samantha face. “Or else why did you think I agreed to let them join us, at first place”

 Everyone burst out laughing, listening to Kelly explanation.

Soon all the guest were gone and only few of them were left.

 . . .

Leaning on his car Ian spoke. “The day went on real- smooth. No family fight or disagreement over the marriage arrangement” Ian mentioned, making it sounds funny.

“Ya, tell me about it. I was so freaking nervous in the morning. It was like I would be getting married today itself. But I’m glad it’s all over and done with it.” Nathan let out a breath, like he was being holding since the morning. “Thanks for coming” He genuinely smiled, appreciating Ian’s presence.

“Anytime dude. That was uncalled for”. Ian never expected Nathan to say those words.

He looked at the place where the girls were sitting. His eyes followed their movement and landed on the one he was searching. She was smiling at something that Kelly had mentioned and all other joined in the laughter.

“Are you okay? You seem to be thinking something” Nathan inquired, when he noticed him his sudden silence.

“Nothing much. Just thinking about the trip. How will I make it? You know, I got a major project launch next week. ” Ian mentioned.

“So, what’s the problem?” Nathan asked, as he suddenly realized about the project that Ian had worked on.

“This trip......" Nathan face didn't give Ian an understanding expression. So he asked. "You' understood what I said, right? Sally will fry me alive, if I miss out any social event or press conference. Especially when she had to attend them on my behalf,”

Nathan's eyes showed some understanding about the situation, but far from realizing Ian's dilemma.

Scrutinizing his eyes Ian spoke again. “How am I going to convince her? Convincing Sally is like trying to pull a truck with a thread. And.......if I say that I’m leaving for four day, she will have a heart attack” Ian imagined Sally's reaction. A vision of her storming away from his room crossed his mind.

“Sally, who? your sexy analyst of yours," Nathan spoke, as if suddenly he understood all the puzzle pieces.  "Oh man, I have an idea” His eyes played a knowing smile. 

Ian just shook his head, already knowing what Nathan had in his mind.  They both started walking towards the girls.

“I know exactly what to do and who can do it” Nathan smirked, appreciating his own idea.

Then suddenly it hit Ian. “No way, you are not doing it again. Remember  the last time how she reacted”

“Ya, I know, I remembered, but she didn't complain thought. She just needs a little bit of male attention. I think Eric would be the right person” Nathan spoke about his elder brother. Eric worked in the same office with Sally and in fact they both were working in this project with Ian.

“Alright......but remember I want both of them in my office, they are my assets. Tell your brother not to go overboard”

“He knows what to do” Nathan informed and found Kelly watching him walk up to her.

“I hope all works out, I really don’t want to miss the trip” Ian's eyes found Samantha. She was trying not to look at him, but from the corner of her eyes she was measuring the remaining distance.

“Ya I know why,……Samantha” Nathan said, with a playful tone. They both reached their destination.

Ian nodded and didn't say anything in front of the girls.

"Are you leaving yet?" Nathan asked Samantha, when she got up from the chair.

Samantha wanted to avoid any conversation with Ian. The day was over and as she had promised she was there for Kelly, but now there was no need.

“Oh, wait, how you will get back” Kelly remembered that she had picked Samantha in the morning and she had no means to get back. 

Samantha looked at her friend with an answer, but she was busy thinking about something.

"My parents car. Yes, I'll ask Mr. Bern to drop you back" Kelly suggested.

Both the boys were listening to them with curious eyes.

Suddenly an idea came to Ian's mind.  

"Can I help?" He asked looking at, confused Kelly.. “Do you have a ride?” He asked Samantha.

Before Samantha could reply Kelly replied “She could use some help. I was thinking….. May be….. You can drop her.”Kelly was careful not to be too pushy. She knew if she did, she would have to hear a earful from Samantha.

Three pairs of eyes focused on Samantha. She shuddered at the thought of being alone with Ian.

Nathan gave a lopsided smile to Kelly and she winked at him. It was their plan to ignite the old flame again and it was clearly working, as Ian already fell into the trap. Now, it was Samantha to take the bait.

“Why not, it would be my pleasure to  drop Miss. Fowler, safe and sound to her doorstep” Ian said now smiling at Samantha. When he looked at the couple, he saw something more than he had expected. Realizing it was a set up, he saw the small exchange of victory between them.

Samantha shook her head in denial. She would prefer to walk rather than getting a drop from Ian. She was confused with Ian's behavior. 

What he is up to? 

“That’s fine, but thanks” She replied, not willing to meet his eyes. “I’ll call Sean. He’ll pick me up”. Samantha quickly refused. She fished out her phone to call Sean.

Ian’s ears shot up. Who is this Sean now? Her boyfriend? But why was he feeling bad about it? She could have anyone she wanted. But his heart was not listening to him.

“Now, don’t be silly Samie. Ian here is ready to take you home.” Kelly said as preventing Samantha from taking out her phone from the purse.

Ian waited for Kelly to do the job and he knew she could convince her friend.

After sometime Kelly spoke. “Ian you are up. She will go with you.”  Ian was happy to hear it. Then she came closer and whispered. “Don’t be sneaky now and try not to scare her” Kelly turned all protective.  

“I will be careful, so do I have you permission now” He cast a solemn glance at Samantha who was standing a hand away studying him with her curious eyes.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her and make sure she reaches home safely” Ian assured Kelly, but his eyes were on Samantha. 

Kelly punched his arm and spoke. “Now get going before she is late for the movie” 

"Movie?" Ian raised one eyebrow asking her for details.

"Ask her. You may get the answer" Kelly spoke and gestured Samantha. 

He wanted to ask. Doesn't he? This might not sound too good if he starts asking, and then she might just shut him over forever. He would just have to take what he was getting now. At least, she agreed to come with him. Soon he will earn her trust too. And someday her friendship also. 

He looked at Samantha who had not said anything.

But why she didn't say, rather she had sent her messenger. Now, she hates me for this too. I guess, my job more tough.

"Shall we?" He came closer to Samantha and guided his hand towards his car and trailed behind her.

Samantha pushed herself to the passenger seat and stay put till he rounded the car and took the wheel.

Her breath got caught and she forgot to breath. 

Eight fucking years, Ian. Way too many years.

***************

Hope I'm able to keep the spirit going. Do let me know how you felt after reading this.

LOVE JENNY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1.7K 61
It's clearly hard to fall in love with someone when you don't know you're already falling. It's harder to fall in love with someone whom you know wo...
2K 54 26
"Sammi, this is a gap year. Things are meant to change. Embrace it! We left Tasmania looking for an adventure and that's what we've got. So what if w...
22.5K 448 7
One prom night was all it took: Samantha Jessica Swamps had a crush on her best friend since forever but couldn't tell him for the fear of destroying...
5.9K 667 23
Mallory finds herself brokenhearted when she loses the love of her life in a tragic accident. She's left to pick up the pieces of her life with the h...