Think Again, Birdie (TheBeatl...

By AddictingFanFic

Audrey Hepburn is the best personal assistant on the face of the planet. She's smart, beautiful, and overly p... More

Chapter 1: Good Money
Chapter 2: New Beginnings
Chapter 3: A Course of Action
Chapter 4: The Ride
Chapter 5: Little Slave, Little Slave
A/N: On Hold
I'm Continuing
Chapter 6: Suddenly Friendly
Chapter 7: Dinner and a Show

Chapter 8: Vengeful Pride

257 12 15
By AddictingFanFic

With the sun now bringing a new day in it's bright sunny morning, the Beatles had gotten up and got themselves dressed in their signature suits. Today was the day they were going to be on TV for the first time and it would be a busy day indeed. Cameras, fans, the whole nine yards.
George was looking at himself in the mirror in the bathroom, fixing his tie and collar. He kept thinking about Audrey and how she'd shouted at him. He couldn't think of why she'd act that way towards him. After all, he was the only that was nice to her. Paul was rude and cruel and he got a date, George was sweet and even got her a gift but all he got in return was hurtful words and a journal thrown at him. He never really understood women anyway.

In the sitting room, John and Ringo laughed over morning tea. They sat at the couch, talking about how last night at the restaurant couldn't have gone better. "Maybe now she'll lay off." Ringo snorted. John laughed before taking a sip of his hot tea and saying, "Better yet, I hope she quits." John retorted. Ringo smirked and took another sip of his tea before grabbing the morning paper from the coffee table in front of them. Paul walked out of his room looking dreadful. His face was pale,  his hair was a bit messy, and he still hadn't even buttoned up his white dress shirt or put his blazer on to complete his suit. He walked out into the sitting room to meet John and Ringo. "Is there anymore tea?" He asked. John took one look at Paul and his eyes widened. "What in all that's holy happened to you, Paul?" John asked in surprise, causing Ringo to look over curiously. Paul sighed. "I couldn't sleep," he said, "I tried all night. I even took something to help me sleep and nothing..." It was guilt that was eating him up. He knew what they did last night was wrong on so many levels, yet he did it anyway. He felt terribly awful and he deserved it.

Paul walked into the kitchenette to check if there was anymore tea. Meanwhile, John got up with his cup in his hand and joined Paul. "What's the matter with you?" He asked Paul. Paul sighed again as he fished out a cup from the cabinet and poured himself a cup of tea from the steaming kettle. "What we did last night was wrong, John," Paul simply stated, "We embarrassed her." John shrugged carelessly. "That was the plan, Paul, remember? We embarrass her and then she leaves and we've got no more nanny to worry about."

Paul shook his head. "I know, John. But - You should've seen her face..."

John smirked and said, "I did. That's what made it so funny."

Paul looked up at John with sad eyes. He truly felt guilty for pulling the stunt. "Come off it, John," Paul told his band mate, "You know it was wrong." John sipped his tea and then set the cup on the counter, folding his arms over his chest. "Alright," John admitted, "It was a bit much, but she had it coming. You even said so yourself when we were planning the whole thing." It was true and Paul knew it. While they'd been planning ways to get Audrey out of their hair, Paul said that "whatever we do, she has it coming." Paul remembered the words and regretted them now. "I know, John... I know." Paul took a sip of his tea. His stomach felt sick and so he just set the cup down next to John's.

"John, we hurt her. We went too far. We've got to apologize."

"No!" John protested, "If we apologize than she'll just end up staying and we're not havin' some bird tellin' us what to do and how to do it, Paul! Look at you..." John shook his head disapprovingly, "You've gone soft. What're ya gonna tell me you actually like her, too?" Paul opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He lowered his head and sighed. John took this as answering his question as yes; yes Paul did like Audrey. "You can't be serious?" John scoffed. "We're finally getting rid of her and you want to back out, is that it?" Paul remained silence, picking up his cup again and letting the steam of the tea hit his face. John rolled his eyes. John, personally, couldn't believe that Paul actually felt sorry. As for John himself, he didn't have a heart at all and would do what he had to to get Audrey gone.

George walked out of the bathroom, tugging at his collar. "Do I look alright?" He asked Ringo. The drummer put down the news paper to have a look at George. "You look fine to me." Ringo answered. George continued to pull at his tight collar. "I feel like I'm suffocating." George mumbled. He took a seat beside Ringo and began fixing the cuffs of his blazer. "Have you spoken with Audrey?" George asked, "Last night I tried to give her something and she was upset. I don't even know what I did." Ringo smiled proudly. "She probably thought you were in on the plan." Ringo said. George furrowed his brows. "What plan?"

"The trick me, John, and Paul pulled last night on Audrey." Ringo's smile grew a bit wider. "You should've been there! It went great!"
George suddenly felt frustrated. "Ringo, what happened last night?" Ringo went on to explain how John read Audrey's journal out loud and how Ringo acted it all out. George was shocked that the lads would do such a thing. Sure Audrey could get under their skin but there was never a reason to bully and belittle someone to that extent. It all made sense to George now. He quickly stood to his feet. "Why would you do that?!" George shouted. Ringo slightly jumped. George had never raised his voice. "We were just trying to g-get rid of her." Ringo explained fearful of George's tone.

"So you make fun of her in front of hundreds of people?!" George shook his head and lowered his voice as he said, "I thought you were better than that, Ringo... Since when did you become like John?" Ringo was hurt by the hit of George's words. George buttoned up his blazer and headed for the door as Paul and John came into the sitting room to see what all of the commotion was. "Whats wrong?" John asked, stopping George. George turned around, still angered. "Ringo told me what you did to Audrey... You're wrong. You're all wrong." That was all George said before leaving and slamming the door behind himself. Paul gulped, feeling that George was right. What they did was worth burning in hell for. It just wasn't right.

George made his way over to Audrey's room and knocked on the door. When he found no answer he knocked again. "George, what are you doing?" Brian asked as he rushed from the elevator. "We've got to get going. Come on, now!"

"But I've got to talk to Audrey."

"Yes, yes," Brian hurriedly spoke, "You can talk to her in the car, now let's go before you're late. We  are  very  busy  today, George." Brian grabbed George by the arm, dragging him away from Audrey's door and rounding up the rest of the Beatles, herding them all down stairs and into a car that awaited them.

Suddenly, there Audrey was rushing behind them. "Sorry I'm late," she told Brian as she got into the car, "Its been quite the morning." Brian sighed and rolled his eyes. "Your job is to make sure the Beatles are on time, Ms. Hepburn," he scolded, "But I'll allow you a pass since you've been doing so well so far." Audrey closed the car door and nodded at Brian. Then, she turned to the Beatles and smiled. "Good morning, boys." She greeted sweetly. They all couldn't believe it. After the terrible thing they'd done to her and she seemed perfectly fine... maybe even happier than usual. All of them looked around at each other, baffled at how she could be as she was.

"Audrey," George said, "I hope you're alright. The boys told me what they did to you and -"

"What?" Brian interrupted, "What did the boys do?!" He was ready to scold anyone who misbehaved. But Audrey stepped in and chuckled softly. "Oh, it's nothing, Brian," she insisted, "It's just a little joke between the boys and I." She looked at the band. "Isn't that right, boys?" They were all dead silent for a moment. They couldn't wrap their mind around the fact that she was here. She was sitting right here.
"Yeah," Paul said, "Just a joke." He licked his lips nervously and nodded. "That's right," Audrey smiled, "And I, for one, do enjoy a good joke." Brian could sense that something was going on but trusted Audrey's word, so he let it slid. "Very well then." he mumbled, eyeing the group curiously.

When they arrived at the studio, the Beatles were quickly rushed in and a makeup artist powdered their noses so they didn't seem shined on television. However, as this was being done, Audrey was nowhere to be found.

John, George, and Paul were given their guitars and stood behind the stage awaiting for the announcer to give them their cue to enter so they could play. Meanwhile, they tuned their guitars as they waited. "Where is she?" Paul wondered aloud as he looked around. "Who?" John asked, eyes watching his guitar strings as he tuned them. "Audrey," Paul informed John, "She's been missing since we've gotten here. Usually she's down our throats." John smirked and looked up at Paul. "Guess we did scare her off," he joked, "About time. The freedoms nice, isn't it?" But before Paul could respond, the announcer introduced the band.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Beatles!" The crowd cheered as the four walked out into the stage, waving and slightly bowing to the crowd. Brian watched excitedly backstage. "Knock 'em dead." Brian mumbled to himself. The Beatles each played as best as they could. The crowd enjoyed the compelling music from the talented men and clapped and danced along. Their music was simply irresistible! Definitely catchy and the crowd loved them.

When their set ended the crowd went wild. Certainly the Beatles had never felt as good as they did right in that very moment. They all bowed together and looked out to he crowd, taking pride in how they made both the girls and guys cheer on the top of their lungs. Even the host of the show was surprised. He'd never heard anything like them or seen anyone make the crowd so riled up. The Beatles looked at each other proudly, impressed with themselves and enjoying the moment together as a band. As one. It was simply a beautiful thing.

Suddenly, white goop fell onto the Beatles' heads unexpectedly. The Beatles jumped at the feeling of the cold sticky goo on their head and shoulders. The crowd gasped and quickly fell silent, and so did the Beatles. They didn't know how to react. They all looked at each other. How did this happen? They couldn't comprehend what was going on. Then, slowly looked up to see feathers falling on them, covering them all. The crowd burst into laughter, and even the host of the show couldn't keep himself from hysterically laughing. Brian, behind the scenes, was mortified. "What is this?!" Brian snapped, "Whats happened?" Audrey, now suddenly next to Brian, looked at the Beatles as they embarrassingly tried to fling off the mix of goo and feathers. "Oh, my!" She gasped. "Oh, my is correct!" Brian said. He ran his hand down his tie nervously. "This cannot be happening."

The Beatles quickly removed themselves from the stage in shame as the crowd continued to laugh. "What the bloody hell was that?!" Brian sternly asked them. "You don't actually believe we did this to ourselves, do you!?" John retorted, "Look at us! This is embarrassing!" Brian rubbed his forehead in a stressful manner. "This will be all over the papers," Brian said to himself, "You'll be a laughing stock. No one will take the band seriously."

"Are you boys alright?" Audrey asked sincerely.
"You!" John spat, pointing a finger at her, "You did this to us!" Audrey looked taken aback at the accusation. "I beg your pardon?" She scrunched her eyebrows together, misled, "You think I'd actually do something like this?" Brian looked up at John and then at Audrey. "Don't be ridiculous, John. She didn't do this." But John continued on, "Yes, Brian, she did! No wonder she's been so happy this morning! She had this planned all along!" Audrey shook her head and crossed her arms. "John," she said in a serious tone, "I don't have a reason to-"

"Oh stop playing innocent!" John interrupted her, "Be a woman and own up to it! You went missing as soon as we'd gotten here. You just wanted payback, didn't you?"

"Payback for what?" Brian asked. John then regretted what he'd said. If Brian found out what they did, they'd all be chewed out for sure. "Nothing." Paul lied, speaking up quickly, "Its nothing." The room fell quiet. Brian cleared his throat and fixed his tie. "Well," he sighed, "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to find someone who may be able to give you towels or something. I think they owe us that much for embarrassing us in such a manner." Brian walked off to do as promised.

Audrey looked at the boys. "I do hope you're all alright," she said, "I would hate it if your feelings were hurt over a little joke."

"Joke?" Ringo echoed in disbelief.

"It was you!" John spat.

"Just so you know," Audrey began, "I am well aware that you boys have been trying to get rid of me. And you've won. I'm turning in my resignation letter today and I will no longer be your assistant. However, I couldn't go out without a bang." She grinned at seeing all of them soiled in goo and feathers. "I do hope you boys succeed and I wish you nothing but the best." Audrey turned around to leave but then stopped and looked back at John. "By the way... I don't like the word payback," Audrey said, "I prefer the word revenge or karma. Those are much more mature, don't you think?" She gave him a wink before walking off.

They couldn't believe it - none of them. Audrey had embarrassed them on live television. She'd gotten her revenge. This small, sweet little woman... She'd beaten the Beatles at their own game.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 64 25
Florence Brown had just got her assistant job, after one year of being an employee. The new big boss? Michael Jackson and he's a harsh one. In this c...
316K 12.9K 38
Samantha Wattson just needed a job. Something, anything that would pay the bills so she wouldn't be forced to return home with her tail between her...
331K 8.6K 61
"I have a boyfriend" I mumble suddenly, but he doesnt move away like I had hoped. "Then walk away" Alexander whispers. Unable to muster up the streng...
9.6K 233 15
»»-------------¤-------------«« After 5 years of being the assistant of one of the biggest companies in the Seol, you have falling helplessly in love...