Life with Carter

By moomoo17

Kaitlin Howard was always moving, and she hated it. She was resentful towards her new town, until she saw how... More

Life with Carter part 1
Life With Carter part 2
Life with Carter part 3
Life with Carter part 4
Life with Carter part 5
Life with Carter part 6
Important!!
Life With Carter Part 7
Life With Carter Part 9
Life with Carter part 10
Life with Carter part 11

Life with Carter part 8

55 1 1
By moomoo17

Waddup! You guys excited? I sure am. Wanna know why? Chapter 8 is up. Yeah, that's right. CHAPTER 8!!! OH, and there's another possible Carter in the NEXT update, but a possible KAITLIN is in this update. Exciting, right? Aight, I should probably start writing now. Tell me watcha think about the Kaitlin!

Laterrr,

Moomoo17<3

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Chapter 8(:

I felt the warm rays of the sun tickle at my face as I slowly opened my eyes. It would have been a great morning if it weren't for the fact I was dead tired. I rolled out of bed sluggishly and went to my closet. I quickly picked out my bright blue t-shirt that said, 'I'm on a boat', (one of my favorites) blue skinny jeans, and blue vans.

After throwing my selections on my unmade bed, I took a quick shower, effectively waking me up. I blow dried my hair, letting it resort to its natural waves. After that, I applied my make up, clothes, then threw on a white jacket.

I stumbled downstairs to an empty kitchen. I assumed my mother wasn't awake yet, so I grabbed an apple and my bag and headed out the door. As I was walking dow my driveway I heard a wolf whistle. I turned around, confused, only to see a shirtless Carter carrying out the garbage.

He was smirking at me as he approached. His usually perfect hair was a bit tousled, and he was wearing pajama pants, leading me to believe he just woke up.

"What?" I asked, not really ready for his antics this early in the morning.

"Relax. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You had a pretty hard fall last night." he could barely contain himself as he asked.

"I'm fine, thanks for your concern." I said sarcastically.

"But really, I can throw one hell of a party, huh?" he asked proudly, flashing me a bright, cocky smile.

I didn't respond as I continued to walk down my driveway, away from him.

"I was serious about that offer. I'll drive you to school. You won't have to wake up as early! C'mon!" he called after me, but I just continued walking.

I have deduced that ignoring him might just be my best bet. Obviously, it didn't work that one day in the

car, but it's the best tactic I can think of.

When I arrived at school, I was immediately ambushed by Liv.

"KAITLIN!!!" she squealed, scampering up to me in homeroom and grabbing both my hands.

"I just wanted to thank you for introducing me to Zach because... HE'S OFFICIALLY MY BOYFRIEND!!" she shouted, then started jumping up and down.

"Aww you two are adorable, I'm so happy for you guys!" I responded genuinely, then gave her a hug.

"A little girl on girl action? I'm down with that." I masculine voice said. I recognized it to be Scott, and rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, I better go tell the other girls. I'll see you next period?" Liv asked, oblivious to the snide remark Scott made.

"For sure."

As she left, I took my Rightful seat just as Mrs. Hanover entered. "Okay, take your seats, we're picking up where we left off with Mr. Mark Twain!" she said excitedly as a collective groan rose from the class. I was bored already.

The day passed slowly but surely as I dragged myself into trig, my only class with Carter. He was already in his seat when I walked in and winked at me. I took my seat, two in front of him, as Ms. Newman called our attention.

"Because you all were my highest scoring class on our last test, I've decided to give you all a do whatever you want day. I'll be in the teacher's lounge. I don't want to hear any complaints about you guys, got it?" she said in monotone, honestly not caring at all.

No one responded, but she left anyway, leaving us to do as we pleased. I watched as Carter stood from his seat and started walking in my direction.

Please God, not today.

He smirked at me and sat right on my desk.

Damn.

"Hey."

"Why can you not just leave me alone?" I asked helplessly.

He shrugged. "I like you. You got spunk."

I rolled my eyes.

"So I thought that maybe we could get to know each other better. We could play 20 questions or something?" he continued nonchalantly.

"Fine. But if I do this, you have to stop bothering me about riding with you to and from school."

"Deal."

"Okay, you start." I told him.

"What do you think my best feature is? And you have to answer honestly." he warned.

"You can't use this game to compliment yourself." I complained.

"Oh just answer the question." he said.

"Fine. Well, it's deffinatly not personality so... Your eyes." I answered truthfully. They were just like sparkling emeralds. I felt a blush fight to reach my cheeks, but I held off the worst of it. My cheeks were probably just a little pink.

"Are you blushing?" Carter asked, a sincere smile on his face and amusement in his voice.

"Shut up." I muttered.

He just laughed his deep, rich laugh that was like music to my ears.

"Okay, your turn."

"Umm... what's your favorite food?" I questioned.

"Easy. Doritos." he smirked.

I laughed, surprising him, and myself.

"My turn. How did you get that scar?"

I stopped laughing and looked down in my lap. I let my hair fall like a curtain so he didn't see the pain on my face.

"H-How did you see it?"

He shrugged. "I'm observant. I notice a lot that other people miss."

"I don't want to play this game anymore." I said abruptly.

"What? You can't just quit!" he protested.

"Well, I am." I said, finally looking at his face. Our eyes connected, and I stared at his handsome face. It shifted from a baffled look to a concerned one. He furrowed his eyebrows, his emerald orbs boring into my grey blue ones.

"What are you hiding?" he asked slowly.

"Nothing. I just don't want to play anymore." I replied shakily, then tore away from his capturing gaze. Thankfully, the bell rang, saving me from further questioning.

I gathered my things as quickly as possible and raced out the door.

How did that just happen? And more importantly; why did I feel strangely...safe with him?

[:::CARTER:::]

She zoomed out the classroom as soon as the bell chimed, leaving me no chance for any further questioning. I was still so confused about her sudden change of behavior. What secret was she keeping? It obviously had to do with that scar, the only imperfection on her perfect face. It was tiny, normally I wouldn't notice it, but having studied her face for so long, I did.

I scooped all my things in my arm, looking back to make sure I didn't miss anything. I noticed Kaitlin forgot her trig textbook. I quickly snagged it, jumping at the chance to return it to her.

I liked her. More than I let on, that's for sure. The way she rejected me frustrated me and intrigued me at the same time. She was interesting, which made me want to be around her that much more.

If someone did something to her that gave her that scar, I would go out of my way just to beat their ass. My hand formed I fist just thinking of someone hurting her. What the hell? Since when did I care this Much about a girl? This chick is screwing with my head.

I reached my locker and noticed someone leaning against it. I got closer and realized it was none other than Becky. Shit.

"Carter!" she squealed when she saw me.

"What Becky?" I replied curtly.

"I just wanted to tell you that my parents aren't going to be home this weekend if you want to come over." she said with a flirty smile, placing her hand on my chest. I lifted it off, more tired of her attempts than usual.

"Becky, unlike most of the male population, I haven't had sex with you, and I don't plan on it. Why don't you invite Scott over?" I said slowly, making sure it soaked into her head.

She pouted. "I'm so over Scott. I think he likes that whore Kaitlin."

Anger flared inside me. "She's not a whore." I said roughly.

She scoffed. "So you like the bitch too? Well I heard she's already had sex with like, 7 guys. Or did I just make that up?" she asked herself, then smiled at me. "It really wouldn't be hard to spread that rumor, would it? Tomorrow, she'll be the biggest slut in school."

My fury boiled over as I glared at Becky. How can she talk about Kaitlin like that? She doesn't even know her. I wasn't going to let her ruin Kaitlin's life with a stupid rumor she made up.

"First of all, if anyone's the bitch, it's you. And if you start that rumor, I'll f*cking ruin you." I was standing right in her face, towering over her. I knew I was drawing a bit of a crowd, but I didn't give a shit. I knew she was going to rebuttal, but I saw the fear in her eyes. I would never hit a girl, but I needed her to be afraid.

"Okay, protect the dumb bitch. I have to admit, it's pretty hot, this side of you. But please CarCar. You can't ruin me. what secrets do I have that are just so terrible?" she said, smirking. I still saw worry flash across her face.

"Well for starters," I said turning towards the small crowd, "You offered to sleep with Ben Conners, otherwise known as big nose Ben, and he turned you down." I announced. I looked back at her and she was a pale color.

"T-That's not true." she denied weakly.

"it's your word against mine. We both know who they believe. And I'm just getting started. Plus, my information is true, unlike your bullshit. So unless you want everyone knowing your dirty little secrets, I suggest you lay off Kaitlin. LEAVE KAITLIN ALONE." I barked, sounding dangerous.

She glared at me, then stormed off. I ran I hand through my thick, dark blonde hair, feeling the stress of the day fall apon my shoulders. The crowd quickly dissipated, but one girl stood in place, her beautiful blue eyes wide with shock.

Kaitlin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 37.8K 98
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
46.1K 647 38
˚ · . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." ╰┈➤ ✎ 𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨...
57.7K 136 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report