The Shrink Program

By Shayni

Maddison Tramph makes terrible life choices and is shrunken as a result. To return to normal, she must refor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Part Two
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Part Three
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Part Four
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
PART FIVE
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Epilogue.
Bonus

Chapter 161

591 34 13
By Shayni

I slapped a hand over my face to stifle a laugh.

Why is it, that no matter what sort of messed-up situation I'm in, I always find time to sympathise with my stomach?

As if I needed proof that my priorities aren't in order.

Sure, hunger was one of the better outcomes of being stabbed through the chest by razor-sharp claws...

But when it comes to prolonging my life, I pay attention.

And from what Apollo had said in the ballroom when I first brought up the issue of starvation.

Hungry.

Is not a good sign.

.... He said all my cells had been rejuvenated... I was supposed to be invincible...Or working at 100% capacity or something like tha-Wait a second.

My body, heart and soul, froze solid as the realisation finally dawned on me.

... I had been so busy being traumatised by Vain showing up that I hadn't notice.

Apollo never got me that hor'dourve.

My hand convulsed, gripping onto my hair as horror racked my body.

I had been robbed.

Of chocolate.

Of Giant. Fancy. Rich people chocolate.

My eyes opened, staring at the bars above me.

I'm going to kill him-

No.

For once in your life, Focus. You are doomed here, Maddison.

More importantly, you are hungry.

Which means the nanotechnology isn't working like it's supposed to.

With a shaky breath, I turned my head to look out at the room once more. Though I still couldn't see Jack, the music continued on flawlessly, so I could only hope my freaking out was going unnoticed.

Whether not working meant the nanotech had worn off, or run out of an energy source or something... I wasn't sure.

I wasn't smart enough to figure out the truth behind my sudden hunger.... or come to any real sort of conclusion... Which didn't really stop my panicking mind from trying to jump to one.

Whatever the reason was didn't matter, though.

The consequences of not working nanotechnology was what I had to deal with.

Looks like counting on super healing powers from now on is a no go.

I shivered slightly at the idea of dealing with Jack again without any sort of safety net.

Like I wasn't already terrified...

But that wasn't the worst part.

The haunting thought that, maybe... Peri wouldn't be able to see through me anymore, was what had my heart sinking with dread.

If that was indeed the case, then we could kiss the whole Hack into the system and kick evil ass plan goodbye.

Making this entire ordeal... Everything I had gone through since being shrunk... Since joining the Hill... Pointless.

Yep Maddison. You've done goofed this time.

My eyes burned with the sudden urge to cry.

You had one job. Be the eyes and ears of the guy who was going to actually solve your problems, and you go right ahead and use up all the nano-tech magic on healing your mortal injuries. Way to ruin everything moron. Go die in a hole.

I bit my tongue. Just for good measure

Okay.

Now that the customary berating and feeling sorry for myself for is over, time to go do something to salvage the situation.

With a small sigh,

I sit up.

Knowing that action was my only distraction from despair.

... Besides, pretending to sleep was not going to get me out of this cage.

If one thing was certain, I wasn't going to stay here and be Jack's pet.

Pushing away the insecurities, doubts, and most importantly the Fear, I shove myself up onto my feet.

Wobbling only a little bit.

If failure could not defeat me, starvation, blood loss, and agonising pain stood no chance.

I breathed through the sudden wave of light-headedness, determined to stay on my feet even as my vision turned a little grey at the edges.

Unconsciousness can back the hell off, it's my time to shine.

Turning my attention to the room beyond the bars of my cage, I prepared myself for the worse.

.... And failed.

If it had been Jack standing there, playing the violin among the bodies of all my friends I would have been ready.

Even if he had been wearing a clown costume and playing the
greatest hits of generic boy band number one, I would have dealt with that madness like a girl trying to out scream a hurricane.

But there was no bloody horror scene. No wall of torture weapons.

It wasn't even Jack.

Standing in the centre of the room, eyes closed as he played the violin with the same posture and grace as Jack himself.

Stood a child.

My eyes widen, betraying my surprise.

A boy, his small frame swamped in a dusty hospital gown and feet left bare on the cold floor.

Messy red hair falling to bone-thin shoulders.

That a child was here... someone barely older than Monica... Could possibly be here...

It. Was. Wrong.

I swore, the rude word falling from my lips before my brain could even begin to catch up with what the hell was going on.

At the sound of my voice the boy's eyes shot open, focusing on me intensely... yet never wavering in his music.

Blue. And. Green.

My hand shot up to cover my mouth, both in mortification from what I had said in front of a kid and the horror that familiar gaze.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

This was Wrong.

I had to be Wrong.

The child spoke for the first time, his little voice grim.

"She'll know if I stop."

It hurt. The realisation. The crushing hit of guilt.

I flinched, gaze falling nervously to the violin in his hands.

It wasn't hard to figure out who he was talking about.

Still, my suspicions were confirmed when I looked back into the child's eyes.

"I have to keep practising, or she'll send him to find out why I stopped." As he spoke, the little boy glared grumpily.

When I stayed quiet under his gaze, the boy sent a sour look at the floor.

I swallowed hard, trying to get my heart to stop beating in my throat.

Just say it. Just say it. Just say it. Just say it.

".... Alex?"

The boy glanced up.

And that was all the confirmation I needed.

Isn't it obvious?

Before he could answer, or say anything at all really.

'Mother dearest intends to hit the reset button on her precious. Little.

Alexander.'

I burst out laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 719 24
(For all the people who do not understand what GT is, it stands for Giant&Tiny.) A 16year old girl, who is living by herself due to an accident, find...
872 32 11
yes i changed the name again! There is just a ln Arlene sketch on tye cover because my lazy ahh can't get the cover done πŸ˜€ Arlene Anderson's life is...
7.3K 207 17
After being separated from his parents, Colan is left alone to fend for himself. Throughout his journey, he faces hardship after hardship and learns...
20.2K 384 34
Alina is everything her family isn't she smart and bright, not the general killer of thief's that make up her family. It's no wonder she had been on...