The Blood Of A God || Loki La...

By Breathe_Me

Loki Laufeyson has finally been pardoned. After he saved his brother's life and was brought back from the bri... More

Description
I - Her
II - Ace & Newt
III - The Head Guard
IV - Hiding Something
V - Drunk
VI - Storm
VII - Blame
VIII - Terrified
IX - I Can't Change
X - Recovery
XI - L'appel du Vide
XII - Favor
XIII - None Of Us Are Innocent
XIV - Attack
XV - Honesty
XVI - The Art Of War
XVII - Vulnerability
XVIII - Save You
XIX - Civil War
XX - We Are Never The Same
XXI - Repaired
XXII - Anchor
XXIII - Arranged
XXIV - The Good
XXV - Ying & Yang
XXVI - Fireworks
XXVII - Dangerous
XXVIII - Waltz
XXIX - Take It
XXX - Erico
XXXI - Draugr
XXXIII - Regal
XXXIV - Eight
XXXV - Jet
XXXVI - Strong
XXXVII - Own Good
XXXVIII - Run
XXXIX - Silence
XL - Unconventional
XLI - Venomous
XLII - Conduit
XLIII - Corruption
XLIV - You Can't Kill Me
XLV - Price
XLVI - Pentagram
XLVII - Alive
XLVIII - Sirens
XLIX - Crescent
L - Terrible Things & Wonderful People
LI - Volatile
LII - Everything You Love
LIII - Carry You With Me
LIV - Numb
LV - Warriors
LVI - Sets You Right
LVII - Fealty
LVIII - Still Beating
LIX - I Adore You
Epilogue
Author's Note & Alternate/Bonus Ending

XXXII - Kane

33.4K 1.3K 553
By Breathe_Me

July 4th, 2016

My cousin set the oven on fire

It was an interesting day

OH OH OH OH AND ALSO for anyone that lives in the US, Happy Independence Day! I hope you enjoyed it. :D

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Two

Seline tossed the now empty blood bag to the side, letting out a sigh of relief as the pulsing in her brain began to dull. Hospitals were always a good place to get blood if you didn't have the strength to compel someone, or if you didn't like harming people.

She stood up and put the bags into the trash, then ran. The hospital she took them from didn't keep track very well. It was a hospital in a big city known for crime, there were many operations that required blood transfusions. There was no way that they could actually count how many went in and out, not with how many operations that they had per day. No one would say anything about the blood because no one would know what to say.

Now that she was full and the temptation was gone, she needed to go home. She began to run from the alleyway she had been hiding in and towards her building, doing so at such a fast speed that no human eye could spot her. Her heart sped up at the thought of seeing Jordan and Megan again. She had missed them dearly. They were her closest friends and she hadn't seen them in years.

She went to Jordan and Megan's floor, standing in front of the door with her heart practically racing. She knocked on the door, and was met with no answer. She tried the doorknob, but was met with surprise when it slowly turned. Megan was a rather paranoid person, she would never leave that door unlocked. She liked a feeling of security, and leaving herself vulnerable with an unlocked door certainly wasn't the way to keep herself feeling safe.

Seline pushed it open and walked inside, but not before seeing the marks on the doorframe. They resembled claw marks, as if a large animal had scratched at the wood. Deep inside, she already knew exactly what kind of creature had been there.

"Jordan?" she called. "Megan?"

She inhaled, and she could only catch Jordan's scent. Where was Megan?

She went inside the apartment, and saw even more scratches than on the doorframe. They littered the walls and the hardwood floor. Even the tiles on the kitchen had marks on them.

She followed Jordan's scent to the bedroom, and pushed the door open to see him sitting on the edge of the bed. His back was facing her and he had his elbows on his knees, with his head hung low. He had a bottle of scotch in his hand.

"Jordan?" she said, and he jumped.

He dropped the bottle, and the liquid spilled from it and stained the carpet. He didn't seem to care, though. He just turned and stared at her, his eyes wide. It took her a moment to realize that his eyes were bloodshot, and he was pale. He hadn't slept in weeks and he hadn't fed either. What had happened while she was gone?

"Are you alri-" she began to ask him, but he cut her off immediately, and his shaky voice made her freeze.

"They killed her," he suddenly rushed out.

"How long?" she asked him after a few moments of silence.

Jordan swallowed. "A-A month."

He suddenly stood up, his legs shaking for a moment. He looked like he was about to break down completely. She went forwards and caught him before he fell, hugging him tightly to her. He began to sob into her shoulder, but didn't want to wrap his arms around her. He didn't want to feel touch, it reminded him of her. Everything reminded him of her.

"You need to sleep, Jordan," she told him.

He looked like he was about to protest, until she got him to sit and then lay on the bed.

"I'm going to take care of it," she assured him. "This will all be over soon."

He fell asleep soon afterwards, seeming to have finally decided he needed the rest. Seline stood there, keeping a watchful eye on him for a few moments to make sure he was going to be alright, then left the room. With one quick dial, the landline hung on the wall was ringing. She was almost surprised that she still knew the number by heart.

"Yes?" the man answered from the other end of the line. She could hear chatter and steps, along with the sounds of speeding cars and horns of drivers who loved to have some road rage going on.

"I need you to find someone for me, and to keep an eye on Jordan for a while," she said.

The man was completely silent for a while, and she heard the footsteps stop. "Seline?" he asked.

"I need your help, Jake."

He was quiet again. "Give me a minute."

And of course, only a few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. She pulled it open to greet her old friend.

Jacob was now standing in the doorway, his tie loosened and his shirt cuffs undone, with his sleeves rolled all the way up to his elbows. His jacket was hung over one forearm, and he held his bag in his other hand.

"I would ask where you've been, but from the sound of determination in your voice and the blood that is now covering your dress, I assume you have bigger problems, right?"

Seline hadn't even realized she was still wearing the evening gown.

She ignored it and nodded. "Yes, and you, my dear friend, can assist me greatly if you are willing to."

Jacob nodded, and walked into the apartment, glancing towards Jordan's room and sighing.

"I was aware of his condition after we lost Megan, but I had no idea he had worsened. He's a lot like you, I guess... He puts on a brave face with other people and then lets out every emotion behind closed doors. Speaking of... Are you alright? I'm assuming you had no idea about what happened, since you just got here..."

She shook her head, feeling a pang in her heart the more she thought of the last time she saw Megan.

"I'm fine. I didn't want to leave Jordan alone," she muttered. "It would put me more at ease if someone I trusted would keep an eye on him until I came back."

"You want to go after them, don't you?" Jacob asked, pulling his laptop from his bag and putting it down on one of the tables before turning it on.

She nodded. "Of course."

"You need to know that these aren't just any wolves, Seline," Jacob told her, swallowing. "They're the worst of the worst," he paused. "And don't you think you're going into this too quickly? I mean, you just came back. Is this really the first thing you want to do? You aren't even taking any time to mourn."

He didn't understand. She didn't want to mourn. She was sad, of course, but her anger outweighed it. Someone killed her best friend and harmed her other one. How could she not want revenge?

She gritted her teeth and crossed her arms over her chest. "Jacob, I do not care how strong anyone thinks these creatures are. By the time I am done with them, they will be nothing but examples for anyone who wants to go against me or anyone I care about. But for right now, I just want to know where they are and why they killed my friend. Now are you willing to tell me, or not?"

He stayed silent and still for a moment, then turned back to his laptop. He pulled up a map of the United States, and zoomed in to the states of Louisiana and Texas.

"I believe that the people who killed Megan are part of the Kane pack. A few months ago, there was an incident with a small clan of vampires. One of them became insane, and murdered the Beta and his entire family. The pack was livid, and they spent weeks trying to find the clan, killing any vampire that they came across. Megan was visiting someone in Virginia when they came. She and her friend were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, or at least, that is what Jordan has told me. The wolves eventually made their way here... They were looking for you, the thousand year-old vampire that had been inhabiting New York City for years. And when they didn't find you, they settled for Jordan. Luckily for him, a few of his friends knew they were here and came to his aid, myself included. He wouldn't have been able to go up against them on his own, but when they saw how many vampires and werewolves they would have to deal with, they left."

She looked down at Jacob's hand, and saw it twitching. A thin layer of sweat was forming on his skin, and he rubbed at his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

He nodded a little. "The, uh... The full moon was last night, that's all. Still recovering, I guess."

Jacob was indeed a werewolf, but unlike the members of the Kane pack, he was a loner. He made a name for himself in New York City as a successful business owner and only went back to his pack if they truly needed him. He quite liked being around people of other species, and had befriended Jordan a few years before. He knew anything and everything about any pack they could name in the Western Hemisphere, which was why she needed his help.

"Do you know who killed Megan?" she asked.

"I think I do. Mason Blake. He and his brothers were seen in Virginia the night of Megan's death. Ever heard of him?" he asked.

"No."

"Good. He is rather sadistic, which means that..." Jacob swallowed.

"He would have made her death as slow and painful as possible," Seline growled, her hands clenching into fists. She turned and walked to the door, and he called her name.

"Seline! Where are you going?!"

"Thank you for the assistance, Jake, but I have a few murders I need to commit."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 650 25
After Loki's failure on trying to take over earth, He and Thor are sent back to Asgard to see what Loki's punishment is. Odin meanwhile has been deal...
445K 18.6K 66
{SET BEFORE THE EVENTS OF 'THOR'} - "Did you know," she said, sitting on the ground and turning to the prince, "that Midgard has an entire language d...
1.3K 71 37
On Asgard, Odin is critically ill, possibly even dying. Odin has banished Loki to Midgard for all eternity. Odin has sent for Thor to take the throne...
129K 3.9K 26
√Book 1 of 2 Series√ "Wait for me... Because I'll always wait for you" Have you ever felt..... Magical? Loved? Betrayed? Abandoned? Cause that's...