My Little Secret | BTS FANFIC...

By Yunachi

Loving him was easy. Getting rid of him was hard. #everyoneneedshelp More

Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Special Chapter : Bittersweet Chocolate
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Final Chapter
Alternate Ending; One

Alternative Ending; Two

9.2K 214 289
By Yunachi

Happy new year!

There was a lot of people who wanted Minji to end up with Suga; I tried to portray him as an older brother model for Minji but most of you still shipped them so enjoy! This is really long like the final chapter, or probably longer because I got carried away, so -

There's also a short Q&A at the end explaining a few questions asked by readers and also there's an important note at the end.

UPDATED AUTHORS NOTE
so I've been reading through the comments and I've noticed that I have offended a number of you by calling white skin beautiful. I'm not trying to be racist nor am I saying coloured skin is ugly because I believe every skin tone is beautiful. For this book I've tried keeping the story as close as to Korea as I can by sticking to Korean beauty standards. Even though I don't agree to Korean beauty standards, I tried keeping this book as real as I could and this is just a harsh reality in Korea.

I will edit these parts of the book as it has upset people so I apologise once again for this. Please don't take to heart what people may say because a person's skin tone does not define a person, we are who we are and we should accept ourselves and those around us. Once again I sincerely apologise for offending everyone who was affected by my writing.
____________________________

"Yeri's pregnant." Jungkook spat out. His mouth could barely let the words out.

She gave out an awkward chuckle that echoed through the empty hallways, the loud sound of the music could still be heard, "Stop messing around Jungkook." He gave a grim smile, showing that he wasn't lying. The look on his face made her bite her lip and grip on the hem of her dress.

Grabbing onto Jungkook's clothing, she clutched on the material until her knuckles turned white. "You need to be by her side." She stated. Sounding as firm as she could.

The brief statement caused Jungkook to become stunned. It wasn't hard to understand why he was surprised - Minji knew he wasn't expecting her to give up on him this easily. You would think that fighting for a boy for such a long period, a girl wouldn't give up on him no matter the circumstance but this was a unique situation.

Initially, he thought she would have more bazar reactions - like suggesting that they run away, but that morally was not the thing to do.

Jungkook caught her wrist, holding onto it with a loose grip "But I -"

"This is a sign, as much as I love you, there will never be a future for us. So please whatever your answer was to my confession, just forget those words and tell me that you don't love me." The words sounded so twisted and genuine that he didn't doubt them for a good ten seconds.

She was forcing him to reject her even though how he felt about her was so obvious that everyone knew. The flash in his eyes were unmistakable - a type of fondness that she was no stranger to; it was the same look that he use to give Yeri.

Music echoed from the central area of the dance, the loud beats bounced off the wall and into theirs ears. Breezes blowing chills against their skin.

Years together and there was so much lost time that needed to made up for.

"I don't love you. I'm sorry."

Minji smiled as she heard the words letting loose, closure for her unrequited love - her chance to finally move on with her life and to go happily follow her newly found dream. She didn't, couldn't, cry tonight. She didn't deserve to cry, it wouldn't be immediate but she would eventually get over him. There was still people who cared for her and was there, why should she be sad?

The words were so dry yet so deep at the same time. Each syllable was said with so much hesitation and reluctance but he kept reminding himself; you can't put Minji through hell, not again.

Jeon Jungkook was many things in life - Golden maknae, Kookie, hot - but never did he think he would be someone's dad. Every part of the word sounded wrong, he was a kid himself but he was going to have a kid. Oh how the world loved to dangle his mistake in the air and swing it back and forth.

But the world would continue spinning, just this time, Minji wouldn't be by his side.

He smiled down at her and watched as she returned the smile, he wasn't sure if it was forced but it seemed so genuine.

Minji held out her mask to him and stared fondly at the cream mask. "Promise me you'll take care of Yeri for me. Tell her I'm sorry - for every single thing I've said." She mumbled, loud enough to be heard. Her head slowly looked up, her glassy eyes were staring at Jungkook as she grinned widely, displaying her rosy pink cheeks and tinted lips. "And you Jungkook? I'll always love you. I know we said we'll be there for good and bad but I guess this is where the Minnie and Kookie journey ends. Memories last a life time so I guess this isn't really good bye, we might see each other some other day."

Jungkook held out the palm of his hand, smelling the faint scent of her perfume. Somehow, the sweet smell of the punch from the dance had embedded itself on her, getting rid of the perfume scent she had applied.

She placed the palm of her hand on top of his, "one last dance?" She smiled at him gently. And he couldn't believe how beautiful she looked, with tears brimming in her eyes and the delicate smile on her face. It was just breathtaking. He wondered how he never noticed her before. How she was just a childhood friend. How he looked passed her and ignored her.

Bae Minji was not perfect but he loved her imperfections as well as her perfections - she was herself and that was all that mattered.

He smiled back at her and clasped their hands together before resting his other hand on her hip. "One last dance." He replied back, watching as her eyes crinkled and smile largened. They danced together, to the soft sound of the music that was muffled through the walls. Swaying along to the music as they looked at each other with pure adoration.

She wished. Just wished that the moment would never end. That she was destined to be with him, and that no one was going to get between them.

The image of cherry blossoms invaded her mind. And she remembered that warm spring day. The warm sunlight was shining brightly and the spring was filled with pretty flowers that were falling. Their spring ended without a sound, perhaps ended before it even began. Slowly the image began fading in her mind, the pink flowers began to die slowly before they withered completely.

Minji tightened her grip on his hand and stopped dancing completely. "This isn't the end right? We're not saying farewell." She choked back a sob and continued, "we'll still see each other. Maybe not for a while. Maybe not even for years, but this isn't the end."

Jungkook knew she was going to cry soon. Her hand was trembling and her hair curtained her face. However the quiet sniffles were enough.

Staring up at the stars, he tugged her hand, making her look at him. He pointed up to the sky and squeezed her hand back. "We won't see each other but memories last a life time. The next time we meet, I might be less of an ass and you might be dating a really nice guy." He joked.

Humourless, she laughed. It wasn't funny, but she laughed anyway. It was pitted deep down in her stomach, she was crazy to even think this - Minji still wanted to end up with Jungkook. She was following the moral decision, not the crazy one she actually wanted to choose. Bae Minji understood it well - she was at the point of being mentally unstable, unless she already was and didn't know it.

Jungkook smiled at her, displaying his pearly white teeth. "If I could start again, I would change everything. I would change how we met and try to meet you even earlier than that. I would befriend Yeri and the three of us would be best friends. I would befriend Jun after he moves to our school and impress him with my nonexistent English skills. I would make you fall for me and I would fall for you. I would swoop you off your feet and kiss you in front of everyone. I would tease you and watch how flustered you get. I would cuddle you in my arms and whisper how much I love you in your ear. I would be with you."

The words 'if' and 'would' were mocking her.

"You need to take of Yeri, okay Jungkook? She's going through a lot by herself and you both need to support each other." She said, sounding almost motherly like. They needed to be apart, for as long as it took for each of them to forget - to forget these feelings that were just burdensome. Terribly, forcing themselves to forget the feelings Minji had held onto for so long in the dark and the newly forged feelings that Minji fought for Jungkook to feel for her.

How hilarious, as soon as she succeeded to making him fall, he needed to forget.

Minji let go his hand first, reluctantly. She tippy toed up and pecked him on the lips. "Goodbye Jungkook."

⋯ ☆ ⋯

When the door opened, Suga peered up from the sofa, pleasantly surprised to find Minji home before midnight. He had expected her to be out for the entire night. He sat up and walked towards her, noticing the way she was gazing down to the floor with her face completely covered. She was wearing the mask he noticed, the edges of the light mask peeked from the strands of her hair.

"Minji what's wrong? Did he -"

"Oppa I know I said I wanted to escape this maze." She sniffled, cutting him off. This was when he noticed the droplets of tears that were darkening the wooden floor boards. "I've tried denying this thought over and over again. But - but the world is a maze without an exit, happiness exists only like a phrase." Minji laughed nearly hysterically.

Acting normal in front of Jungkook was hard. Especially when she was beyond mad at that point. On the way back she had continued questioning what she had done in previous lives to earn this kind of love life.

No one deserved this misery.

Suga watched as she unraveled in front of him. It was happening again, he thought. The memories of the last time he watched as someone he loved broke down and unraveled in front of him. The cries and loud sobs was so familiar and painfully heartbreaking. Suga wanted Minji to be happy with someone who loved her a lot - for her to have the chance he got for those short two weeks that was perhaps the best days of his life.

Bringing her into his embrace, he pushed her head onto his shoulder and strokes her back as she cried louder, "she's pregnant. Can you believe it? They're going to have a child together and I said it was okay. I said that he needed to be with her."

Jungkook really did fuck up big time. Suga thought silently, continuing to listen to her talk about how distraught her night was.

"I keep telling myself this wasn't the end. But it is the end, the shitty ending I should've expected. Not that fake stuff that happens in fairy tales." She finally stopped crying but hugged Suga a little longer. Trying to distract herself, she asked Suga something he didn't expect. "Tell me about her. How you met and what she was like."

Although it was a sensitive topic, Minji knew Suga would talk about her without any reluctance or hesitation. Suga had never fully gotten over her, there was always a piece of him that could not let go. That was the same reason why he couldn't bare to change his sunflower keychain to a different one, or why he kept a box of her, their, memories. As wise as he could be to Minji's love life, he had never sorted out his own.

Distracting himself from moving on, because he too didn't want to. She was special. One of a kind, someone who he would never meet again. Nam Hyojin was a painful memory and he was willing to accept that; along with their happy and sad moments. He had just learned to cherish them both.

"It was a hot summer day, I was sweating to the point I was sure my shirt had soaked through to my thin outer shirt as well. I had just left without a word to the company. My manager is a pain in the ass and I may or may have not replaced his face wash with hair removal cream." Minji laughed into his shoulder, causing Suga to smile at the fact he had made her smile.

He continued, "I was visiting my grandpa in one of those countryside hospitals in Daegu, one of this hospitals with the clean air away from big cities. I was told room 143 so I came in and the room was empty - I was tired so when I sat down on the chair beside the bed, I rested my head on the bed and napped fur a while. Imagine the shock I got when a girl was waking me up later. After some confusion, I found out my grandpa's room was 134, not room 143. I found her name after actually going to visit my grandpa, Nam Hyojin." He chuckled as Minji finally lifted her face off his shoulder.

Red eyes that swell and and a dribbling nose. All her makeup had been messed up, along with her hair that was tangled in knots. Minji rubbed her eyes and asked if she could quickly tidy herself up. Suga laughed and nodded.

When she had come back to the lounge room after changing, she sat down next to Suga. Automatically he began his story again, "I met Hyojin the next day, to apologise for sleeping in her room. She waved me off with a smile and asked if I was Suga from bangtan. At first I cringed, a fangirl on my trip that sounded fun. I was going to leave but then she asked me if I could hand her the little white book on the table beside me. It was a love story about hanahaki; the disease where people vomit flowers because of one-sided love."

Minji blanked out for a moment. One sided love, her story. Somehow she wondered if she had disease then would've she ever been cured

When she had blinked, she noticed Suga had stopped talking for a moment before talking again, "I returned every single day, she was such a happy-go girl, always smiling brightly when I walked through the door of her room. On the sixth day of my trip I asked her why she was in the hospital; she told me it was because she kept coughing. Apparently it was more than that - lung cancer - I had heard from her nurse. On the eighth day I was about to walk into her room when I had heard her gagging and coughing out blood. It was a horrid sight."

Momentarily, Suga took a large needed breath, "I wasn't sure when but I fell for her. I fell for the sick girl who was near death bed. I met her sister, she was nice. A week passed and I knew my time was running out but I couldn't leave, I didn't want to leave. Abandon my career, it was so tempting at the time, but I convinced myself not to. Half a week passed, she was getting paler by the moment and worse.

One night, I snuck into her room and we snuck out to watch the fireworks in the flower garden. I kissed her that day, told her I was going to leave soon. She smiled and said I should go. I should've never left, I could've been with her - at her last moment.

I returned a month later, she had died a week after I left. There was a box labelled for me amongst all her belongings. It was filled with our memories, she left me two main things, a bracelet and a keychain. God Minji I fucking love her. She was always smiling despite how much pain she was going through. Even when she was so sickly, I thought she was so damn beautiful. I wanted to marry her, two weeks I knew her and I wanted to marry this girl." Minji pat his back as he had began crying.

It was the first time he had cried since her death. He didn't cry once after her death, even when he talked about her. For some reason, he refused to shed tears; Hyojin had told him to smile even at the sad times, or just not to cry.

He continued after he wiped away the tear that had trickled down her face, "I made her a promise, that one day I would win the artist of the year award and I would mention her in my speech." He chuckled, "she was so happy."

Suga sighed and shook his face, trying to stop himself from getting caught up in the past and his feelings. "Time are tough in our life, things never go our way but either can start again or end it right there. It takes adjustments, but it become normal one day Minji." Minji nodded and let her head rest on his stomach.

Carefully and tenderly, he drew circles on her back as he rubbed it gently simultaneously. Love was dangerous, fairy tales showed the unrealistic and exaggerated side of it. Fairy tale love doesn't exist. We deny it and chase after happiness because that is the true goal. Happiness is not just composed of love, it is composed of a thousand things and it's different for everyone else.

A loud sob brought Suga to hug Minji, bringing her to lean against his chest while he held her tightly again.

"I'm here Minji, I'm still here."

One year and six months later

Suga stared out the window of the aeroplane. He could see the bright lights and large buildings of Hong Kong from his seat. There was a bubbling feeling in his gut and he wasn't sure if it was excitement or anticipation. The MAMA awards would be the place where he would see her again, after four entire months of not meeting. He couldn't lie and say he didn't miss her.

It took time but he watched as she adjusted to a life with Jungkook. She stumbled but found out the best way to move on was focus on her studies in music producing and lyrics writing.

Minji was making a name for herself in the industry already, even though she was still a university student. She had even discovered her talent in composing as well as lyrics writing. Suga could still remember the day she pounced on him, telling him that the first song she had ever written had been bought.

Apparently it was an assignment, to write a song that would be sent to various companies to be bought, if the song was bought by any company then you would be awarded extra credit for the final end of the year score. Pleasantly, the song, 'Narvillera', was bought for a girl group; in addition her song was also used as the title song for the album.

Then there was the time Woolim had seen the song she had written for an assignment, however they were fond of it and bought it from her to be used as Infinite's comeback song, 'The Eye'. He could remember vividly when it was announced she would be interning at JYP for two months as the second last assignment for the year. Leaving songs you have written lying around in the piano room was a mistake, Minji learnt - especially if that was the music room the CEO liked to use often as well. However she landed herself credits for the lyrics of Twice's 'One In a Million' and 'Next Page'.

The last time they had seen each other was when Minji helped him write and compose two solo songs - first love and awake - for their new album, Wings. After that he had been too busy with promotions and she was swamped with her last assignment for the year, getting paired with a rookie group/rapper/solo artist and to help write or compose them a song. He had heard from Jin that she was paired with a self producing rookie group, one that had debuted a year ago.

Grateful for the fact she was paired with this group, Suga was happy to hear she was also attending the award show for the group.

"Hyung what are you thinking about?" Jimin asked as he poked Suga on the side. "Are you excited? We got nominated for a bunch of stuff, we're bound to win at least one award."

Suga shrugged and looked around for any signs of Jungkook but seemed like the maknae was sitting far away from him. "Minji is going to be at MAMA with that boy group, Seventeen. She told me she helped produce three songs in their new comeback album: Don't Listen, Highlight and Boom Boom."

Jimin looked fairly surprised at he fact she was becoming so skilled in song writing already. His lips slowly curved into a smirk as he elbowed Suga slightly, "you like her right? The both of you are so obvious around each other."

Suga stiffened and hit Jimin on the head, "don't joke around."

"But no seriously, you like her don't you?" Jimin asked, rubbing the part of his head that had been hit. His strands of silver hairhad become messy as he rubbed it as softly as he could.

If Suga spoke honestly, then yes, he did gain some feelings for Minji. After that night, the one filled with too much drama, the two found themselves closer to each other than before. They were initially already close but somehow there was something different. The air had just suddenly changed. It was only four months ago, she had slept on his shoulder after staying up all night to write the two songs for their album, when he had realised he had feelings for her.

The words has never left his mouth. He was moving on from Hyojin and Minji was still caught up with Jungkook. No one had to say anything, it was evident Minji wasn't planning to fall for anyone anytime soon. It was difficult enough to move on from Jungkook. Suga always thought Jun would be next in line, seeing her Minji had always had mixed feelings for him while she had liked Jungkook. It was obvious that they would end up together in the end. He was honestly happy with whoever she ended with, as long as she was no longer miserable.

"I like her as a sister Jimin, that's it." It was a lie and he wondered what would actually happen if he was honest. Telling Jimin brought no harm; Jimin got his girl in the end. Disgustingly sweet with bitter moments but at least he got the girl he liked in the end. Suga shook his head, telling Jimin could result in Jungkook finding out and bad blood between group members was something no one needed.

Jimin grunted, "don't be like Sunhyung. They've been complicated for nearly three years, or like Jin hyung and Hana they're just odd." Jimin said, earning a grunt from V who had heard his name after Jimin was being too loud.

Alarmingly, Jungkook had also stared at the two, his phone was in his hand. From the darkly tinted screen, Suga could faintly make out the small figure of a baby.

Yeri and Jungkook ended up together, unsurprisingly. From what he had heard from Minji, who heard the gossip from Jiho and Jaehyun (who did begin dating after high school), was that Yeri and Jungkook were actually better together now that there was a baby involved.

Suga took his mind away from the commotion Jimin and V, who loudly shouting insults at each other. He drew his gaze back outside and sighed.

Now he was the one with one-sided love.

Let's just hope I don't start throwing up flowers and have hanahaki, Suga thought.

⋯ ☆ ⋯

His heart was beating so fast. There was a side of him that was so excited but it was being dominated by the side of disbelief.

"The artist of the year goes to BTS!"

Suga felt tears welling up in his eyes as they all stood up to receive the award. None of the members could believe that the small unknown group that had debuted from a small company, would win the award every artist desired. It was here, he fulfilled the promise. They all made their way to the stage to receive the trophy. Their new era was to begin.

Carrying them to the stage was the sound of cheering fans and clapping from fellow artist who were given hope that even groups from companies that weren't the big 3 would be able to win artist of the year.

The night went on like a flash. Suga was emotional, the feelings he had bottled up since training days were just coming out. Those tough days, hurtful days and frustrating days. They had all paid off. He hit his hand against the wall and breathed out softly. Yet why did he feel like something was missing? It wasn't difficult to figure out what it was. Looking around their dressing room, it was obvious.

He was all alone amidst all his members who were happily in a relationship. They were all talking to their partners either on the phone or, those like V, was talking to their partner by the stairwell/ hallway.

All he could think about was being with Minji at the moment. He needed her to be there with him. But he had not caught a glimpse of her the entire night. Not even when he subtly glanced over at his juniors, Seventeen. Even while looking over the crowd while standing on stage, she wasn't here.

Suga exhaled and inhaled while leaning his head against the wall. He shut his eyes before opening them at the sound of the door opening.

And there she was. Dressed as beautifully as she always looked. With a large smile on her face and rosy pink cheeks that were defined slightly with makeup. Her hair styled in soft large curls and placed neatly to the side.

"Suga oppa you did it!" She cheered, running up to hug him. Her warmth brought colour back to his face. He was what he was fighting for. The reason why he wrote songs now. Hyojin was his past and he understood that. Minji was someone who he had noticed but never pursued, he respected her wishes to not get involved with love.

But he was so damn emotional, every feeling he had ever hidden was just coming to light. That's when he blurted out something he had been holding back for months.

"I love you Minji."

Minji stiffened in his hands and pushed herself away from him. Her eyes widened in horror as she did expect his words. Nor did he expect his own but he couldn't stop at that, not when he could barely control his voice at the moment.

Suga let out a breath. "I love you and I don't care that you're still caught in Jungkook's web but I need to say it aloud. I, Min Yoongi, have fallen for my favourite idiot dongsaeng, Bae Minji who ships me with her friend, Kang Jun." Minji stayed silent, not even making a chortle when Suga mentioned her insane dedication for shipping.

Instead of waiting, he continued. "And I know that she does not love me back as the way I do. However things won't change. I'll still be the same; lazy, wise and smart."

Minji shot her head up to speak but she was muted. A troubled look was on her face. Despite her initial troubles, when she looked up at Suga, there was a glint of something that she couldn't decipher. A single glint that brought back her speech.

"I-I need you Yoongi oppa. I needed you for so long and I'm not sure what I would do without you. We fight and laugh. We tease each other and care for each other." Minji paused and stepped closer to him, a small faint smile was plastered across her lips. "I didn't know what I would do with Jungkook out of my life, he was the reason why we met. I could say I wish I never met Jeon Jungkook for my heartbreaks but I wouldn't ever start again if it mean not meeting you."

Suga could feel warmth surging throughout his entire body. If his intuition was right then she was going return his feelings. Her words were building onto the possibility that she had moved on from Jungkook.

Once again, a cruel fate snipped his string of happiness in half again.

"Hyung-"

Jungkook stood there with wide eyes, staring at Minji like a fish out of water. Minji turned also and stared straight at him. He couldn't tell what her expression was like, but he damn well knew that she had changed her mind now that she saw Jungkook again. He was bound to simply just support Minji through her decisions, like an elder brother.

Suga scratched his cheek and chuckled breathlessly, "I'll let the two of you talk." He began walking towards the door, offering Jungkook a smile as he walked pass him, "just forget everything I just said Minji. It's not important and I'll get over it. Okay?" He left before Minji could say anything.

He shut the door behind him and sighed heavily. Perhaps this was what Jun felt while Minji was chasing after Jungkook and he was trying to chase after her. The stigma of hanahaki. His first love was a reflection of how fairy tale love was a lie. Now he was fully awake to begin to just give up on finding love. At MAMA, on one of the best nights of his life, he had lost faith after his two lost loves.

Suga decided he wanted to be alone. So he sat on the stage where staff were still cleaning up equipment. He just sat there, staring at the thousands of empty seats that were filled before.

If only he could simply whip out a witty remark to make him feel better. "Who cares about love, I'm too cool for it."

"So if I told you I love you back then you wouldn't care?"

Frozen, Suga didn't answer as he felt that she was sitting beside him, "you ran off before I could answer you Suga oppa." She muttered, moving a little closer to him on the stage. Minji swung her feet up and down over the edge of the stage as Suga just hung his feet over the edge.

"I thought you and Jungkook would like to catch up."

"And I thought you were still in love with Hyojin."

Suga shook his head and looked away to instead look up at the lights hanging from the ceiling. "We could pretend I was just drunk and I never said those things to you." He suggested, making her frown.

"You're not listening to a single word I'm saying am I?" Minji stood up and pulled Suga so he faced her. She quickly pressed her lips against his. Her lips were soft, Suga noted. It carried the taste of apples and a hint of lemon. Suga's eyes slowly shut before he kissed her back and cradled her face with his hands.

It was a simple kiss, sweet yet long.

When they parted, Minji rested her forehead on Suga's. "What I'm trying to say is that I've grown up a little and I'm not in love with Jeon Jungkook because I'm in love with Min Yoongi, an idiot who keeps presuming I won't return his feelings."

Minji pecked his lips again and smiled softly as she tangled her fingers in his black hair. "So will you go out with Min Suga?"

Suga grinned widely, stretching his lips widely as moved his face closer to hers, just to ghost his lips over her lips. He answered with quiet words before sharing yet another kiss with her.

"Yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q&A

Who did Minji end up with?
Minji ends up with Jun in the official ending. The alternate endings were simply created to satisfy those who wanted Minji to end up with Jungkook and Suga. I thought about leaving the ending for the reader to decide who Minji ended up with by ending it on a mysterious note, but that would be much too cruel for you guys.

How did Jungkook not notice Minji's feelings earlier?
Jungkook did suspect she had feelings for him but never pursued the feelings. To elaborate, Jungkook was waiting for Minji to confess, there might've been a chance he was in love with her before he met Yeri.

What actually happened during that two year time skip?
During the first year, Minji and Jun remained friends and both attended university while the two broke contact with Yeri and Jungkook. It's important to note, that mutually Yeri and Minji figured that there was no way the two were ever going to friends ever again. Minji struggled with her feelings but eventually began falling for Jun (who obviously deserves it because he's the real hero) and the two finally get together around eight months prior to the reunion of Minji and Jungkook.

Does Minji and Jun get married?
Skip this part if you absolutely ship Jun and Minji, because no, they do not get married. There use to be an epilogue for the story but I decided that the epilogue didn't actually tie up loose ends and just caused more trouble. Initially in the epilogue, it shows that Minji actually ends up marrying a completely different person from Jun and Jungkook.

In the epilogue, it hints that Minji did date Jun some time after high school but the two didn't work out. As much as I would love for Minji and Jun to end up together, I would rather make this story more realistic - this means it would make more sense if the two didn't end up together. Who she marries has actually appeared in the story. Guess who though?

Why is Jungkook so horrible to Minji?
As I have explained before (I think), this book reflects the immature decisions we make growing up. Jungkook is the side of us that makes reckless, selfish decisions and always causing problems. Minji is the side of us that makes us fall in love, the side of us that believed dating is everything in our life. We may not admit aloud but we always strive for what benefits us most, we were built to be selfish. Also there's an explanation of Jungkook's personality developer in a later question so read on.

Is Suga in love with Minji?
No. They simply see each other as brothers and sisters, in the original and official storyline. The entire concept of Suga's role in the story was to support Minji through her decisions, by getting her not to repeat his own mistakes and regrets.

Why does Minji ship Jun and Suga together so much?
There is no real answer. I got the idea shortly after I realised this story was so depressing and had no long running joke. I chose Jun and Suga since they're basically opposites who only have Minji in common. If read carefully, there isn't actually any real contact between Jun and Suga, this is mostly because they feel awkward together - they're mirrored to one another and don't know what to say, hence the reason why when Suga has a message for Jun, he'll tell Minji to tell Jun instead.

What is Hanahaki?
The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient throws up and coughs of flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals.

Credits to the blog for their definition ^

Who's Hyojin?
Hyojin was suppose to be a character from one of my other books. Her full name is Nam Hyojin. Due to a lack of interest, I decided to scrap the entire book and thought about just writing the background of the book inside Suga's ending in MLS. As explained in the ending, Hyojin had lung cancer and was emitted to a hospital in Daegu. Suga had met her while visiting his ill grandfather who was also in the same hospital, this is referred to in JOD, my Jimin story.

He meets her by accident when he walks into the wrong hospital room. They spend 21 days together before he's forced to return back to promotions. But three days after getting back, he receives a call saying that Hyojin had died.

Was there a chance that Minji and Jungkook were going to end up together? Or did you plan for them never to be together?
I read a lot of stories where the female lead ends up with the bad douche who never treated her right in the first place. No matter how wrong the male was, she always seemed to go back to him, forgiving him without a second thought. Some how this annoyed me great and I hesitantly made a decision midway through this book.

Jungkook and Minji were absolutely not going to end up together. Then why make alternate endings? I got the idea from a member of Quotev (sorry if you're reading this, credits to you, I forgot the username) who thought it would be nice to have more endings to satisfy everyone, at first I thought 'what a pain' but then I actually started writing the alternate endings and I enjoyed it deeply.

Is there a specific order in reading your BTS series? Seeing that they're all connected somehow.
The book order that you might want to read, this is according to the chronological order in which the story takes place, is:
《Bad Boy Next Door | V - completed》
《Just One Day | Jimin - completed》
《My Little Secret | Jungkook - completed》

Is this book based on true events in your life?
Brace yourselves, I actually received a lot of questions similar to this, so your answer to this question is - yes and no. Before you get confused, let me explain. Yes this story is based in true events but it's not my story, it's actually my friend's story. In her case, she was Jungkook and she eventually started dating her childhood friend's best friend. Her childhood friend, let's call him C, was madly in love with her. But he never got the courage to ask her out.

After his best friend, J, started dating her they both began getting distant together - likewise in the fanfic, she and C fought often about their relationship but it wasn't too intense; there were no comments about falling off a cliff or control over their friends. Unlike MLS, my friend eventually broke up with J after it become obvious they no longer liked each. She ended up dating C a year later and they're still together.

So basically this is where Jungkook's character rooted from. So every time you trash Jungkook, you're basically trashing my friend as well but she doesn't really care. In fact she was trashing the Jungkook in this story as well LOL. The alternate endings were just random ideas I thought of.

Did the story progress the way you wanted?
This is actually a little interesting. After I decided to develop these real life events into a story, I thought about twisting it a bit - the plot for the book at first was much more angst than how I actually wrote it. And when I say more angst, I mean - you wanna rip off everyone's head.

The initial plot for this story was that Jungkook was cheating on Yeri the entire book, it was going to be a short story where Minji and Jungkook hid their affair from the world. The affections for each other would be subtle at first but develop to a lot more. In all honesty, I freaking hate Minji. From the beginning I was always sympathetic with Yeri and was actually on her side. If you actually think about it from Yeri's point of view, Minji was in the wrong. Stealing your best friend's boyfriend? Hell no.

Like girl, even if Yeri ended up dating Jungkook, as her 'best friend', you should be supporting her no matter how much it hurt; like Jun for instance, this man is the Korean drama dream - second lead Syndrome in every drama here. I admit Yeri did have her faults, like not telling Minji about how they were dating but she was afraid of the confronting, cause honestly no one likes confrontion.

Team Minjun, team Jungji or team Suji?
Team Minjun all the way; the punny couple made a great pear ;)

I was also quite fond of the other two ships but Minji and Jun just had grape (please don't correct me, this is not a typo) chemistry in my opinion. I was actually amused at how some readers were suspicious of Jun, but no he's 50% cinnamon roll, 30% marshmallow and 20% pure sugar. I based his looks off of Seo Kangjun but somehow he started to become Kang Jun from C-Clown (c-clown still make me cri). Also Jun is not Wen Junhui, either though he's my bias.

Favourite Ending?
MIN SUGAAA! The chapter was initially short but then I got rid of the entire thing and rewrote everything after watching the MAMA awards. Right when Suga started crying, I was so inspired to write. I actually like the ending so much that I'm willing to change this to the official ending but I like the original ending too much as well :,)

If this was a Jungkook fanfiction, why didn't she end up with Jungkook?
Actually to clarify, I myself am not sure if this qualifies as a Jungkook Fanfiction. And the reason is the same listed above. If you also didn't notice, I took out Jungkook and just changed it to a bts Fanfiction. Wait does this count as a bts Fanfiction if she also didn't end up with Suga?

Sequel?
No. This is apart of my BTS series. So this kind of is the sequel to the other story? Kind of, not really. There isn't really a way to do a plot extension with how it ended. I'm not sure if it counts but my book called Fade is sort of a sequel, although it's a Seventeen Fanfiction.

Epilogue?
Also no. Epilogue didn't work out so it was deleted. Maybe if I get an idea.

Author's notes

Do tell me your favourite ending :))

It took me months but here it is. The ending most of you guys have been waiting for. Yes I'm aware that you guys really wanted this ending so here! To start off a new year. I'll be honest and say that I was a little disappointed to be told that there were many of you who hated the original ending, simply because Minji didn't end up with Jungkook. It's just a little upsetting to see readers say that they either hated my book or I ruined my book because of the ending; I worked hard on this book, believe it or not, it took me hours to write a single chapter but I guess it's up to you if you really like it or not;;

I read every comment ever written by readers and I can tell myself - you've finally accomplished something great. I don't comment back, since I'm awkward as hell, but you're all family. I write lame jokes but there's still people who laugh. I feel like giving up but there's people who tell me they love the book. I go through a tough time but there's always someone who says they appreciate my efforts.

There's people who say they feel inspired by my writing and that's why I write. Because I love to read other people's books. I only began writing as a past time, I didn't ever think people would read my books but here we are. I'm awkward, average and weird, that's how I connect to characters and somehow you guys? I try to keep up conversations but I sound businesslike and completely bland.

If I could, I have a thousand things to say to every single one of you but then this note will longer than this entire book.

All I can say is thank you for being my healing ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 16.8K 140
❝ Love is complicated concept. It won't be the same everyday until the end. It can be a chore. It can be tiring. You'll want to gi...
2.2K 139 15
It's a Push and Pull relationship. You have been friends with Seokjin for as long as you remember, but things got complicated when he started a relat...
943K 54.4K 59
I have a kid. I am broken. I am not deserving of love. Just leave me alone! I know you've been hurt, broken, abuse and maybe even refused, but pleas...
4.9K 246 18
What will Yoongi do when he swore not to fall in love.... ...not long before Y/n came along..... He thought his mind could protect his heart.... It w...