The Hidden Maiden

Bởi wischerandrea

"Stop struggling and submit to me. Or I'll make you," he whispered beside my ear with a deadly tone. "I will... Xem Thêm

Author's Note (please read!)
Chapter 1 - Victoria Dunham
Chapter 2 - The girl in the shadows
Chapter 3 - What our hearts desire
Chapter 4 - The girl of your dreams
Chapter 5 - The birthday party
Chapter 6 - A mistaken encounter
Chapter 7 - The Victim
Chapter 8 - Conflicting Feelings
Chapter 9 - Training to be pack warrior
Chapter 10 - Shed new light
Chapter 11 - Crimson butterflies
Chapter 12 - Jumpy heart
Chapter 13 - Young love
Chapter 14 - Fate is fickle-minded
Chapter 15 - The Nest
Chapter 16 - The Revelation
Chapter 17 - Reborn
Chapter 18 - She's gone
Chapter 19 - Dia
Chapter 20 - The Outsider
Chapter 21 - Tomorrow
Chapter 22 - Half Brothers
Chapter 23 - The strange wolf
Chapter 25 - Back to square one
Not an update
Chapter 26 - Black of hair
Chapter 27 - His destiny
Chapter 28 - You're mine
Chapter 29 - Stay with me
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 24 - Something to fight for

4.8K 208 5
Bởi wischerandrea

Chace paced impatiently around the room as his mother watches with a frown of her own. He huffed like an angry boar and stomped towards the table.

"UHH!!" With one sweep, all the contents on the table were now on the floor. "YOU PROMISED ME!"

"Honey I know.." Queen Natalie came over to his son and rubbed his shoulders to calm him down. He brushed her hands off roughly. "Then where is it, huh? Tell me. Where's the throne that you promised me?!" She sighed and cooed him some more. "Patience, my son. It'll all be yours in time." She kissed his forehead and held his face in both her hands.

"You're my son, and the rightful heir. And you will have what you want." He calmed down a little after the queen had assured him. He looked her dead in the eyes. "He can't have the things I don't have. If I can't have them, I'll destroy everything he has."

"He has nothing on you. Who is he to even challenge you??" She narrowed her eyes hatefully before smiling fondly at her son. "Now, all you have to work on is impressing your father. You can leave everything else to me." He begrudging nodded his head and rushed out of the room. The queen then strolls towards the glass window and her reflection revealed the raw ambition behind her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victoria's POV
"Mom.. Don't you think you're spending a little too much..?" She put the clothes down and glared at me. "Oh shut it, darling. You refused to let me dress you in the past, so now you have to let me. Be a lamb and change into these will you sweetie." She threw the clothes into my arms and I secretly rolled my eyes once my back was turned.

This was what we did for our weekends... Shopping. Although I was a little scared at first to be out in the open, and among so many humans in London. However it proved to be a safer choice than being in a secluded forest. Mom was skittish at first, but the constant begging for her to let me out of the house led to this. Seeing her right now, I don't know whether to be regretful or glad of my choice back then.

I tried the fur coat with a black turtleneck top and black skinny jeans. The clothes were all more colorful and more diverse in style than what I wore a year before. But I liked the change. It was like leaving my past behind. I came out of the dressing room and passed the staff the ones I chose and mom was pleased with it as well.

After that, we went for shoes, bags, accessories and make ups. We did a thorough shopping spree, like always, and went back to our apartment around 9pm. I kept the clothes in my wardrobe and it was starting to pile up. There was a stack of clothes for spring seasons, and winter seasons. Of course, we brought the spring collections during clear out sales previously, since it's February already.

Everything was there, from playsuits to dresses, crop tops to sleeved blouses, jeans, skirts, leather and denim jackets, jumpers, dungarees. Also, different kinds of heels, ankle boots, long boots, flats, sandals, and of course bags and accessories. It was like a color platter of blue, jade green, dark red, black, yellow, white, beige etc.

I organized the clothes and shoes tidily before closing my room, feeling satisfied. I jumped on my mom and hugged her from behind. "Thanks mom." She giggled and then hugged me back. "Clothes for women are like armors for men. So use them, and dress up for goodness sake." She laughed heartily, and I joined in. I can't help but feel rejuvenated after some shopping therapy.

The next morning, I sneaked out of the house while my parents were out for work. This basically went on ever since I met Ice, 3 months ago. Yup the white wolf who saved me from the rouges. Since he didn't wanted to speak to me, I gave him a name for convenience sake. It's odd how he just accepted me as a elemental wolf though.. But he's the first friend I made here in London.

I walked through the forest, following the route that was all too familiar. The den was as it was, and Ice was sleeping sounding inside it. Just the sound of my footsteps woke him up.
"Hey Ice." I smiled. He groaned at the name and laid his head back down. I laughed, "Well if you're not going to tell me your name, I must call you something, ain't it?" I plopped down on the ground and stretched like a lazy cat in the afternoon heat.

We laid in silence for a few minutes, and this is one of the things I like about him. He makes the silence comfortable between us. "Ice?" I looked up at the sun, that was shielded behind the tree canopy. He opened one eye at my call. "Do you think that life is worth living even when you don't have a purpose to do so?" I chuckled coldly.

His eyes glazed with an unknown emotion after I spoke. Then he pawed at a small plant growing beside the tree roots. I cocked my head confusingly, "Plants? Hah even they're there for a reason.." He nodded and pawed on my leg, then looked back and forth between the plant and me. "Are you telling me.. that.. I have a purpose too?" He nodded again.

I wondered if it's true. I stroked the leaves of the plant and it instantly started growing a few inches taller. The little white flowers bloomed upon my touch. I smiled softly at this tiny life, which I guess made some kind of difference for me today. I turned to Ice and noticed he was dumbfounded, with some element of adoration and warmth on his face. "It's nothing, really." I waved my hands dismissively. "Just some tricks up my sleeve." I tilted my chin up and boasted like a proud magician.

"Come on stop being a lazy bum. Lets go for a run!" He sneered and brushed off my idea, but I insisted.

Looking at the wound on his leg, it was already completed healed, so I wasn't too worried. I had taken back my handkerchief as well.

"Come on...!" I pushed his body up, trying to get him to stand. After a tremendous effort, he finally gave in to me. "Wait here Ice!" I skipped to a tall tree and changed behind it. I hung my clothes on the branches and shifted to my blonde wolf.

"Finally.. It's been long since we shifted, it's driving me insane." Dia complained. "Oh Dia I'm sorry but we can't shift often, you know being in the city and all. With all the humans there."

I trotted to Ice and nudged him playfully. "Catch me Ice!" I ran away and sprinted with my tongue out of my mouth. Dodging the trees and jumping across boulders, it was so much fun to be on all fours. I looked behind me and Ice was running pretty fast, but still a distance away. I chortled and continued at an easy pace.

The sound of his paws got quicker and louder, and I sped up as well. But Ice couldn't win me in a race, so I waited for him to catch up with me. Smirking in my head, I leaped onto his back, pinning him down. Just when I was ready to laugh at him, I was caught by surprise when he suddenly started wheezing loudly.

He wheezed and gasped for air, and I jumped back frantically. "ICE!! Oh my god don't scare me!" I shouted through our mindlink. I didn't know what to do to make him feel better, so I just rolled him on his side until he could breathe properly.

To my astonishment, his breathing slow down and the wheezing gradually creased as well. Now he just seemed very fatigue from all that ordeal. Leaning his weight on my wolf, we walked slowly back to his den. Once he had settled down and curled up into a ball of furs, I went out and shifted, then put on my clothes. I collected some dry branch sticks and piled them up outside the den. Placing my hands over them, they will instantly lighted and the fire started cracking and burning the wood.

I snuggled with him, and the inside of his den felt warmer now. I conjured some water into an empty container and let him drank a bit. He was panting softly, but it looks like he wouldn't have a relapse anytime soon.

"You scared me to death Ice... What happened??" He shook his head and went back to sleep. He was so mysterious and baffling. He doesn't talk at all, which is sort of peculiar. Was he a mute? I thought. And I have never saw his human form before.

Up until now, I still don't know who he is and how he ended up here, or which pack was he from previously. But strange enough, something from my gut told me I could trust him. So here I am, making friends with this stranger.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk.." I sighed and pat his back. Then I crawled to the front of his stomach. Surrounded by his fluffy white furs, I cuddled him like a big teddy bear, though he was actually skinnier than my wolf. "Wake me up before sunset, will you...?" I slurred, then fell into a deep slumber.

A/N: Hey guys~ just clarifying that the plants are linked to earth, so she has a certain amount of control over them as well. Thanks for reading once again. Do leave your comments on whether you want me to continue this book. Or any other improvements e.g. story too slow/too flat-toned, whatever that helps. ^^ TY to you awesome lot! Ciao~!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

758K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
Kace Bởi Luwi_01

Người sói

23.4K 805 55
[COMPLETE] "Stop, please!" she begged me not to hit her boyfriend again. "Please." I looked down at her as she looked at me pleadingly. Her hand was...
210K 8.3K 41
Norah Bloodmoon had been forced to live away from her family for seventeen years after being taken from her pack at only two weeks old. Being kept in...
197K 5.5K 36
WARNING: UNDER EXTREME EDITING An Alpha King A Human Girl Alpha King Luca Mason, 23, known to be the greatest Alpha of all time. The only thing is he...