Unexpected

By RitaSantos9

Emily Carter is a sixteen year old student with a closed different personality and excellent grades. She has... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
SEQUEL

Chapter 55.

27 1 0
By RitaSantos9

Albert's POV.

It's three A.M and there's no way I'm going to get any sleep without her by my side.

She left me alone again. She always does that. To every chance she gets, she just walks away, she leaves me. I wish I could have grabbed her arm and told her that I'm just afraid of losing her. I finally have something of my own. She's all I have.

I lay down on my bed with my arms crossed behind my head. I want to call her just to hear her voice. I grab my phone and deal her number but instantly press End Call and toss it to my bed.

She was the one who walked away. Not me. So if there is someone here that has to make the first move is her.

I grab my example of Romeo & Juliet and start to read the act 2. I know its her favourite and I feel her near me somehow. I'm so fucking pathetic.

I miss her. I don't give a shit if it just have passed a few hours since she left. I hate this thing. I'm so dependent on her. I wish I could managed to control this need of having her close to me.

I toss to my bed some geography books. I can't believe that I'm actually doing this. I open them and I imagine how many boring facts Emily would say about every country, city, island.. That girl is a god damned Wikipedia. And I would laugh and tease her by saying that all the other countries are shit comparatively to England. She would gently scold me on my arm like she always does and then I would mention William Shakespeare so she could quote Benvolio, Mercutio, Tybalt and even the Capulet himself.

God, it seems that everything we do is bonded to that damn book.

She would fall asleep first with her head on my chest and with her arms to herself, because she's too shy to wrap them around my waist.

I stand up from the bed and toss the geography book. Saying they're heavy as fuck is an understatement.

I lay down on the couch and I don't take my shoes off when I lay them on a white pillow on purpose. This is the result for not living in my own house. Sophia's father insisted for us to stay on his place so there you go.

Fucking bullshit. My house is bigger than this and I had a bigger room with bigger stuff. Fucking hell.

I search for some kind of movie, something with horror to occupy my thoughts.

Shit.. shit.. shit.. who the fuck still watch this? Shit.. Shit.. 'A 1000 Ways to Die.' Something interesting and stupid enough to make me awake for at least one hour straight.

**

"Good Morning!" Sophia says opening the fridge door. She's so fucking loud.

"Morning." I huff.

"Bad mood?" Sophia says sitting on the opposite couch.

"Why do you care?" I ask looking through the TV.

"I never said I cared, I only asked you a question." Sophia smiles crossing her legs on the wooden table between the couches. She's eating my damn cereals again. Fucking hell!

"Well, don't ask then." I snap closing my eyes so she can stop talking.

"Is everything okay between you and Ems?" Sophia asks and I roll my eyes even with them closed.

"Her name is Emily." I snap.

"It's a nick name you prick."

"Well, she doesn't need one. You're so fucking lazy that you can't say her whole name?"

"What's your problem? She calls me 'Soph' too.."

"Well, that's different.." I say with a smirk.

"You're such an asshole." Sophia laughs.

So I've been told.

"Are you going to the party tonight?"

"Yep."

"Is Alice going too?" Sophia asks me and I know she's looking at me even if I'm with my eyes closed.

"I don't know, why don't you ask her yourself? You didn't have any problem to mention her name in front of Emily when you decided to mind on our relationship." I raise my tone at her.

"She needed to know,"

"No. Fuck she did not." I angrily sit on the couch.

"She's afraid of you to cheat on her?" Sophia looks at me with surprised wide eyes.

"What's so funny?" I snap.

"The person that should be playing the jealousy part should be you." Sophia laughs.

"Why?" I know the answer. Fucking Andrew.

"Because she's too good for you..?" She looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"I know."

"You do?"

"Of course. That's why we're right for each other, she forces me to be the best version of myself. She brings the best in me."

"And you Albert? Do you bring the best in her?"

"I don't know. She loves me." I try to shut her off.

"She left you."

"She did. She will call me. I know she will." I fucking hope so.

"She's probably torturing herself because of the way you treated her and you're here tossed on the couch watching that show to get some ideas of how to kill yourself." Sophia says with her mouth full of cereals. My damned cereals.

"She's not torturing herself." I snap.

"Oh, because she's so confident about herself." Sophia says with a sarcastic tone. "Don't think that only because you have her trapped on your web she can't live without you." Sophia says and I shut my bedroom door against the wall.

She's eating my god damned cereal and she dares to say that Emily doesn't love me?! She has a lot of fucking nerve!

I grab my coat and call James. I need to forget about Emily for a while and stay away from Sophia and this hell of a house.

James drags me to a damned groceries store. He wants to buy some beers and soda and call Domino's to order a hundred boxes of pizza. He pays for this shit.

The only good think about hanging out with James is that he has a car so we don't have to take a cab or catch the train, not to mention taking the bus. I hate public transportation.

We pass for a tea shop while he's driving and images of Emily drinking her bubble tea spreads a grin on my face.

Damn it! She's so captivating in everything she does, she's so busy being her that she has no idea how enchanting and unprecedented she is.

It's raining today. I know how she loves this cool weather so she's probably studying or reading at the local library.

"Are you cool, man?" James asks beside me.

"Yep." I answer watching the drops of rain racing down my window bringing me old childhood memories.

"Thinking about your girl?" James makes a grin but I stay silent. What is with this people that are constantly minding on other's business?

"If you're thinking in apologising to her, don't do it." James says and I look at him. Who does he think he is to give me relationship advices when his is based on a lie?

"Sophia told you? How lovely." I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"She only said you were rude to her. Truth be told, mate, you always run after her like a puppy."

"That's not true." I snap.

"So you're not considering in apologising to her?"

"I am." I snap so he knows I'm not available for advices about my relationship.

"See? That's what I'm talking about. They say they love you and then walk away so you can go after them falling on your knees and begging for forgiveness." James says with an arrogant tone.

"Don't speak about Emily like that. She's nothing like the other girls. Especially the ones you hang out with." I raise my voice and my jaw is getting tense.

"Okay, Okay! I was just trying to help." James says in a defensive way.

"Then do me a favour, don't. Why don't you try to help yourself? Since your relationship with my step-sister is based on a lie."

"I will tell her the truth about my age. Eventually." James softens his tone and grips the steering wheel.

"Yeah, right."

My day has been hell. I can't stop thinking about her. Everything I looked at I imagine how she would look.

I'm so fucked.

I tossed myself on the couch and the TV is on the same exact channel.

"Emily! Where the heck are you?!" I hear Sophia entering in the living room. Is Emily on the phone? I want to hear her voice so fucking badly.

"You took the bus?" Sophia asks.

What the fuck? She took the bus? Bloody hell.

"Yes! You are! What have you been doing the whole afternoon?" I fumble to turn off the TV volume.

"Ems, I wanted to call you so you could come to my house and we can together to the party."

Is she still going to the party? And is she's going to take a cab to come here?

"WHAT?! You must! What happened?!" If she's not going to the party, I won't go either. I'll stay here until I get crazy enough to go to her house.

"Okay what the fuck did you do?" I hear Sophia saying and she's looking at me now. I ignore her by focusing on the TV.

'Gasketball'? Who came up with that? This shit is so fucking ridiculous that it's actually cool.

"Yes, he is. That prick is tossed on my damn couch watching A 1000 ways to die." Sophia says and I instantly jump with her words. She asked Sophia about me. I knew she missed me just like I miss her.

"Please you have to come! For me! Please!" I hear Sophia begging through the phone. She's so annoying.

Fuck. She's even more pissed now that Sophia told her that I spent part of my day watching TV instead of speaking to her. I wanted to call her but then James told me those things and he's kind of right. Emily always walks away from me and I'm the one always begging for her forgiveness. I always have to keep my fucking pride to myself and I'm tired.

"Thank you, Ems! See ya!" Sophia hangs off the phone.

She's going to the party. I need to see her but she's going to be pissed at me so it's better if I stay here.

"Ugh, are you going to stay here the whole night?" Sophia huffs.

"Yep." I shrug at her.

"So you're gonna stay here sleeping and feeling sorry for yourself instead of celebrating with your best friend and with the girl you love?"

"Wake me up when I care." I snap and close my eyes to annoy her.

I almost laugh at the irony when Sophia said 'sleeping'.. How could I can get any sleep when I have the fucking somnambulism problem and don't have the only thing that makes me feel safe?

"So you're going to stay here while Andrew tries to steal your girlfriend?" Sophia says and I instantly open my eyes.

"What?!" I raise my voice.

"James asked me who I wanted to invite to the party and he told me that Alice was going.."

"You invited him?" I yell. Is she fucking kidding me?!

"James invited Alice!" Sophia fires back.

"And?? You're against me or something? How dare you to invite him? And then you begged Emily to go because of me and Alice?! God you're such a bitch!" I yell.

"I'm only protecting my best friend! When she sees you with her she will have Andrew!" Sophia says and I have to hold my ground.

"You know what? Two can play this game, Sophia." I threat her and snap out of the house.

I'm going to pick Alice and take her to the party. I'm so fucking pissed. I swear to god that if Andrew touches in a tress of hair of my girl I will lose it, I'll smash his head against the hard wooden floor and I'll beat him so damn hard.

I love Emily and if this is the only way to prove to her I don't like Alice not even a bit of how much I love her, this is what I'm going to do.

"Hey, Al," Alice says walking towards me and pulling me into a quick hug.

"Hi," The smell of her shitty fragrance makes me want to throw up.

"What happened? You're such in a bad mood," Alice pouts at my attempt to push her away from me.

"Let's go to that damned party before I regret myself of this." I say climbing down the cab and she keeps staring at me like she's waiting for something.

"Could you enter in the damn car? I'm not going to open the door for you." I snap.

"Fine. I hope that Emma girl likes your polite manners." Alice says.

"Her name is Emily and yeah she loves them." I snap looking through the window. I would never talk to Emily like this and I would surely open the door for her.

We arrive at the party and in the moment we walk inside I look at those damned teenagers who are dancing and jumping like fucking idiots. This party is just ridiculous. I try to see my girl's face, when I catch the pink cream colour of her dress.

That fucking dress looks so perfect on her. She's so damned hot and without even trying.

I blink rapidly, trying to collect myself before she notices me. Holy fuck. I watch as every male she passes turns to look at her, one fucking dude even knocks over a drink. I hold my fists waiting for the asshole to speak to her. If he does I swear to fuck-

"Is that her?" Alice looks at me and I nod. I can't hide the stupid proud smirk that has formed on my face.

"Who's the hot guy?" Alice looks at Emily again and I follow her vision.

Fucking Andrew is right beside her, filling her red cup with fucking vodka. He gave her vodka! What the fuck? She has never drank shit in her life and he gives her vodka?

She's smiling at him. What the fuck was that?

I'm too distracted by my growing jealousy trying to follow every movement that he makes when I see Emily staring at us. Her eyes find Alice and they widen and lower. She's jealous. I was hoping she would be.

Emily's POV.

I try to hide the panic coursing through me at the sight of Albert being next to the girl. He doesn't even acknowledge my presence as I take a seat next to Andrew on the couch.

"So tell me about your Geography essay," I tell Andrew so I can get a small distraction from Albert and Alice.

"It went very well thanks to you." Andrew says with a grin and I give him a smile.

"I'm going to get you a pizza slice, I'll be right back!" Andrew says standing up from the couch. I'm alone in the middle of this crowd of the people.

They are dancing everywhere and I'm the only person alone in the room. I try to see a curly hair but I don't see any. Is he with her? I grab my phone from my satchel to call Sophia. I need to talk to her about Albert and Alice being on the party together.

She doesn't pick up the phone so I stand up to go find her myself.

I try to step between all these people jumping along the beat of the music. I feel so uncomfortable in the middle of these teenagers.

I try to ignore all the crowd around me when I feel someone grabbing my wrist. I turn back to find a blonde guy with red eyes probably from smoking. He's taller than me but not as tall as Albert.

"Let go of me," I say jerking my arm.

"Oh, I don't think so." The guy says with a creepy grin.

My body is trembling and I wish Andrew wouldn't have left me to bring me food. I should have gone with him.

"Don't go fucking near her!" I hear a familiar voice behind me abruptly pushing the guy backwards.

"Why? She seems pretty good to me.." The guy says looking at me with a smirk.

"You fucking bastard,"Albert instantly shoves him to the floor grabbing his collar.

I'm literally in shock. My body is completely frozen as I see Albert punching the guy's face.

"Albert, stop!" I yell as I see Albert's fists getting more tighter.

"Come on! Is that your best? Is she your girlfriend? Oh, I'm sorry, I think I should have shagged her before you-" Alberts stops him by punching him right on the corner of his mouth.

The guy spits blood from his mouth to the floor making me step back.

Albert kicks his belly with his foot over and over again and the guy whine in pain.

"Albert, please stop, you're going to break his ribs, he's just drunk," I yell with my voice shaky.

The guy is coughing up blood to the floor and whines in pain when Albert's foot hits his chest.

I grab Albert's fist in my hand and he looks down at me. His dark eyes become softer as I lay my hand on his cheek.

"If you try to go near her again, I will fucking kill you." Albert says to the guy tossed on the floor and kicks his belly one last time.

He turns his back and grabs my hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 188 90
Kate Ross is your average teenage girl. Or, at least, she was. That all changed when her mother decided to cheat on her father and Kate had to move w...
482K 10.5K 37
Emily is a troubled teenager who goes to a party. After another night of going out to get drunk, she wakes up the next day in some strangers house, b...
The List By AishaxR

General Fiction

1.1K 40 36
Emily Smith, sixteen year old student. Her life may seem perfect to others, but what's that saying again; "You shouldn't judge a book by its cover." ...
778 71 25
Emily, a 16 year old teenager. A girl that sought to NOT fall in love with anyone until she graduates from Secondary School. Who would have known tha...