Cadagorien And Its Lost Princ...

De bees_in_my_head

My name is Prince Merlin Aragon Ambrosius, and I hate being a prince, so much that I ran away from home, to l... Mai multe

Fine! I will go and I will NEVER return to Cadagorien!
Another hard days work for the Royal Prat
Save His Sorry Ass
The Knights Of Cadagorien
Why Did You Lie?
Old Friends and Grave News
Those That I have lost
Helping hand
Into The Woods
Almost Home
Home at last
Execution day
Dungeons
My Glorious Escape Attempts
Escape
To be King
New cover!
Epilogue
Picture!!!^^^^^^
Me!
SEQUEL IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light fights away the darkness

2.5K 74 21
De bees_in_my_head

Trigger warning!!! This chapter has some sensitive subjects in it!!! The writing in italics is the bit you might want to miss...

My men stand before me, holding anything worthy to be a weapon in their hands, waiting patiently for me to speak. Making a speech was never my thing, well, until I met Arthur. The prat wouldn't ever use his own imagination and write one of his own, he gave the job to his manservant. I stand before the crowd, a sword clutched in one hand, my staff clutched in another. My long blue cape is draped over my shoulders and the silver chainmail weighs me down. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Then I look over at Arthur at the front of the small army. He smiles encouragingly and nods his head.

I turn back to my people and begin to speak.

"This Kingdom was once ours. It was ruled by my Father until he was drove out of the Kingdom by Uther Pendragon, but then my mother chose to rule. The Kingdom grew stronger and no man was left behind, magic or not. My mother cared for you and she never let anyone go hungry. This Kingdom was good.

When I left, the Kingdom lost everything. I betrayed you and I regret that. The throne was stolen by a traitor, Balaine, and the kingdom began to fall. Under his reign, there is never any peace, never any hope.

But, I, Merlin Ambrosius, would like to help you take back the Kingdom and save you from despair! My friends, if you would walk beside me in this great battle, I will fight for you, for your families, for your homes, for magic! I will fight even if I die. I will never leave one man behind. Yes, some of you may die, but you will die a hero! With honour! A saviour for us all! Those of you that will live, will be home again. Back in your own Kingdom. If we win this battle, your Kingdom will never need to be at war again!

For the love of magic! For the love of peace! For the love of Cadagorien!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blades clash, arrows splinter, magic burns. People all around me fall and perish, Balaine's and ours alike. I stand to the front cutting down man after man, only using my magic when needed. Arthur fights a few feet away. His sword skills are incredible and very few people manage to escape his wrath. I hold my staff tightly in my fist and my sword in the other hand. I swing in every direction, slowly moving through the crowd. Balaine's men are brutal and they never give mercy, but if it comes to it, I will give mercy.

A soldier swings his sword towards my head and I duck just in time. When I look back up at his face, I stop and stare in despair (hah that rhymed). A young teenage boy holds the sword beside my head. His eyes grow wide with fear and tears swarm around the rim. I hesitate for a moment. Someone so young, fighting a war that isn't his. I reach up my hand and he flinches, but I place my fingers on the edge on his blade and I push it down gently. He slowly relaxes until the sword is by his side. We stay silent watching each other in the midst if battle. Silence.

Nothing but silent stares.

I open my mouth to speak but as I do he reaches forward and push me to the side, I stubble and fall. I hit the ground with a thud. I turn my head and stare at the boy holding up his weapon with great strength. Another of Balaine's soldiers pushes against him, sword in sword. The youngster twists his hand and the mans blade is thrown to the side. The boy kicks him in the shin and stabs into his stomach. He pulls the blade back and the crimson blood shines on the silver. He turns towards me and grabs my hand.

"Come on," he says as he pulls me to my feet. He still doesn't let go. He begins to drag me through the battle towards the side of he castle. I turn around to Arthur who is battling 100 feet away.

"Arthur!" He turns towards me, and after cutting down the man he is fighting, he runs towards me. The boy, still holding my hand, continues to run when Arthur catches up. He pulls me away from the battle and the side of the castle where there is a hidden gate around the side of the stone wall. He walks towards it and holds his hand out. His eyes glow gold and the lock in the door clicks. Before he walks in he looks at me timidly. He reaches for the handle and for the first time I catch a glimpse of a spiral on his wrist. I take a closer look and a grin spreads across my face.

"You're a druid" I say, acknowledging his mark. He looks at me and nods, and without saying a word, push's the gate. It swings open slowly and we slip inside into a dark tunnel. He grabs my hand again and we slowly slip further down the corridor.

"How did I not know that this tunnel exists?" I say quietly.

He spins quickly and smacks his free hand over my mouth. He shakes his head sternly and let's go.

"Sorry," I whisper quietly. He turns around and glares at me. He nudges me in the side, irritated. I hold my hand up in surrender as I hear Arthur chuckle behind me. I glare back at him. And continue moving forward. We reach another dark tunnel and as we reach it we hear voices. The boy stops and holds his hand out to stop me walking forward. He places is finger on his lip and points to a door at the side of the tunnel we are in. We lightly walk towards it and walk inside closing the door behind us. The room is small, probably an unused storage cupboard.

"Alright number one, you," he says pointing at me, "you had better learn to keep your trap shut," he whispers harshly.

"Me?! It's not my fault!" I say in a loud, high pitch voice, waving my arms defensively.

He marches toward and push me against the wall.

"Are you finished?" He says harshly. I move my hands up in surrender and he lets go and walks back.

"Jesus christ keep your socks on," I say under my breath.

"Looks like you've met your match Clotpole!" Arthur's chirps up.

"That's my word,"

"Whatever,"

"No, I'm serious, that's my word!"

"Would you two just shut up!" The druid intervenes.
"Right, those guards out there work for Balaine," he begins but I hold my hand out to shut him up.

"Hang on, before we start I want to know exactly who you are and how you know about the secret passage," I say.

"We don't have time!"

"Don't have time?! We have enough time to give a simple answer!" I growl under my breath.

"Fine, my name is Benedict, we've met before. You won't remember me," he says quietly.

"Benedict..." I say trying to remember.

"Anyway, as I was saying, Serefina and Balaine are planning something. I am not sure what exactly so keep a look out. Right, as far as I know they are both in the throne room. It will probably be a trap so here's the plan," he begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk alone towards the throne room in the castle. I hold my staff in one hand and my sword sits in my belt. The corridors are silent, with not a soul in sight, but the distant cry of the battle echoes through the empty castle. I walk along quietly.

I hear giggling from further down the corridor and a blonde young boy comes running towards me. There is a shout and I look up to see another boy, older and with darker hair follow close behind the first. Their images have a ghostly haze as if they are memories replaying in my mind. I hear a shout behind me and the boys turn in my direction. I catch a glimpse of their young faces. The faces of me and my brother from when we were young. The memory continues to play as my mother, who looks much younger herself, walks towards young George. She reaches out and lifts him from his feet and spins him through the air, much like I did when he was young. The memory fades and is replaced by a different image, but not one I remember.

My mother stands facing me crying. She sobs softly under her breath. She looks directly at my eyes but not into them, through them. A man walks up behind her and places his hand gently on her back. His face is covered with shadows so I can't tell who he is. That's until he steps forward. Anger immediately pumps through my body, when I see the face of my traitorous uncle trying to sooth my mother. He turns her towards him and holds her face in his hands.

"Hunith, don't cry. It's okay," he saying in a dark voice.

"No, it's not! I lost my eldest son! He is the heir to the throne! I can't rule without him," she sobs quietly. She is talking about me.

"Maybe, now that the heir is gone. You can find a new heir to the throne," he whispers in her ear. His voice dark, yet creepily soothing.

"Balaine," she says.

He holds her face tighter and reaches down and his lips touch hers. He kisses her strongly and her arms slowly wrap around his neck. His hands slide down her sides and rest on the small of her back. They kiss passionately, her hands tangle in his hair. My whole body shakes with anger. I just want to reach forward and tear him away from her but I know I can't.

"No," my mother says pulling away from him. He grabs her wrist and pulls her in again, he tries to kiss her but she keeps pulling away.

"No, stop, please. I can't do this," she says panicking. She tries to twist her wrist away from him but his grip is to strong for her small form.

"Oh come on Hunith, just a little more," he says evil seeping through his voice. Her eyes grow red with the tears that send trails down her cheeks. She sobs as she struggles against him. He pulls her in to kiss her again and she slaps him across the cheek. The sound is loud and as she pulls her hand away a red mark appears on his cheek.

He grabs her by the shoulder and holds up his fist. His arm swings sharply towards her and it's hits her eye. She falls backwards against the wall sobbing. He grabs her harder, digging his sharp nails into her bare skin. He moves closer so that she is pinned against the wall. She tries to look away from him but he grabs her jaw in his free hand and pulls it towards him so that she is millimetres from his face.

"You disgusting creature. Don't you dare touch me again or I will snap your little sons neck instantly. You will marry me and I will be King or I will make George's life a living hell," he says darkly. She struggles, her eyes wide.

"No, please, leave him alone! No you can't do this!" He slaps her across the face and she whimpers.

"Tomorrow at noon, meet me here," he says. And with that he walks away, leaving my mother sobbing against the wall.

The memory fades leaving me standing in the middle of the silent corridor staring at the wall. I stand a few moments, taking in the information. Balaine, hurt my mother and he will regret it for the rest of his very short life.

I turn in the direction I was walking and begin to run towards the door at the other end of the corridor. I hold out my hand and it swings open as I walk through. The throne room is much darker since I last saw it. The windows have been replaced and the chandelier is fixed and fitted in the ceiling.

On the throne sits Balaine. He has his legs swung over the side and he is staring right at me with a smirk on his face. Behind him stands Serefina, she is also smirking. She leans against the throne, eyeing me darkly. The darkness radiates off her.

"Ahh, Merlin, just in time," he says. "I was getting bored waiting for you to turn up. I was worried, you were dead," his mocking voice burns me inside, fueling me with anger.

"You," I say, jaw clenched, "you traitor! You beast! You coward!" I yell as I walk closer.

"Oooo, someone's a bit touchy!" Serefina giggles. I reach my hand up towards her and I swipe it to the side, still staring at Balaine. She flies through the air and hits the wall with a thud. She falls limp to the floor.

I turn both hands towards the traitor and he is lifted from the throne and thrown against the wall behind him. I hold him pinned to the wall.

"You hurt my mother!" I scream, the tears already falling to the floor.

"I hurt your mother?! Oh no, you've got it wrong. She loved me and I loved her!" He says with a cackle.

"No! You forced her to marry you! And you hurt her!" I scream, pushing him further into the wall.

"No, your mother wanted to marry me! She made me King!" He says evilly.

"No," I whisper.

"Yes. Isn't that right Hunith?" He says. He looks behind me and I turn, still holding him against the wall. Behind me stands my mother in a long elegant gown. The golden crown sits perfectly upon her dark hair.

"Mother?" I say walking towards her. I release my grip on Balaine and he falls to the floor. When he stands my Mother walks towards him. She reaches out her hand and my uncle takes it in his own. She kisses him tenderly and the image from before replays before me. They hold each other close, her hands tangled in his hair. They eventually release each other and turn towards me. That's when I notice an orange jewel hanging around her neck. It glows with a fiery shimmer.

"No! What have you done to her?" I shout. I run towards her. Balaine holds out his hand and I stop.

"She chose this Merlin! She wanted this!" he says "She is happy! Shouldn't you be happy for her?!"

"No, that's not Mother. I know it's not. You see that's where you made a mistake. I went to Ealdor a few years ago and mother was living her old farmhouse! She told me that she hated you!" I say, desperately praying that I am right.

"That's not true! It's not!" He shouts and as he begins his speech about my Mother loving him, I notice movement on the balcony high up on the wall behind him. I see Arthur stand up and wave at me. He holds up a cross bow and Benedict, beside him, does the same.

I interrupt Balaine's rant, not actually knowing what he was saying anyway, and I laugh.

"Enough talk. It's time to take back my throne. Have fun in hell," I say.

At that very moment two arrows from Arthur and Benedict fired towards Balaine. They fly through the air ready to hit him in the back. But as they reach centimetres from him they stop in mid air. I hear a giggle from beside me. I turn around and see Serefina stood holding her hand out towards the arrows.

Balaine turns and sees the arrows floating behind him, the woman, who I hope isn't my mother, panics and runs a few feet away. He turns back to Serefina and his anger fumes in him.

"You have magic! Sorceress!" He shouts, but she ignores him. She looks at me and laughs.

"You won't kill him. I want the pleasure of doing that," she says. "And when I am finished with him I will kill you slowly," she says darkly.

"No, that's not going to happen!" I shout fuming.

I blast her with a quick spell and she reflects it, sending me flying through the air hitting the wall with a crack. The sharp pain erupts through my spine and my lungs gasp for air. I struggle to stand and hold out my hand sending blast after blast at her. She manages to deflect some of them. The fires that do manage to hit her send her stumbling or falling but it doesn't work. She fights me off with one hand, the other still freezing the arrows mid air.

"You seriously think that you could kill me?!" She laughs. "I promised that I would kill you, but I have changed my mind. Instead I am going to make your life a living hell and kill the one person who you have worked so hard to protect!"

She turns back to the arrows then she glares Arthur. With one last cackle she flicks her wrist and the arrows spin and fire towards Arthur. They pierce his chainmail and he staggers back. He splutters and blood escapes his parted lips as he stumbles over the edge of the balcony and falls to the floor below. He hits the ground with a crack. Benedict hangs over the rail holding his hand towards Arthur on the floor.

I turn to the witch and scream with all my strength, I release my magic on to her.

The power pumps through my veins, through my hands and it releases through my palms. Blasting all my power towards her. She lets out a shrill scream and she tenses as the invisible force burns her alive. She shakes in a fit of pain. And then falls limp. She hits the floor her long hair spread out against the ground. I step back exhausted.

"Arthur!" I shout with my remaining strength, I push past Balaine and my mother. I fall to his side and I hold my hand under his head.

"Arthur," I whisper. "No, no don't die," I sob quietly. I hug him tightly praying for him to be alive. He doesn't move and just hangs limp in my arms. I bury my head into to his bloody shoulder and hold him, never wanting to let go. I hear someone running behind me, and when they reach me, they gasp sharply.

"Merlin," Benedict whispers quietly.

"No, Arthur. Please, I can't lose you," I say.

I hold the young prince in my arms. I tangle my fingers in his hair and rest my head on his chest. No sound is heard and now I can never be his idiot again. I begin to whisper in his ear.

"I'm sorry Arthur, I am sorry I was to late..."

:'(

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

251 15 6
He does not remember the feeling of panic rising in his throat at the thought that he would not be discovered before he became nothing more than a de...
249K 8.9K 23
Complete. When Arthur, Merlin and the knights are trapped with no hope of escape, Merlin is forced to reveal his magic. His reaction after the revea...
35.1K 1.4K 17
The prince of Camelot has a secret he has yet to reveal and his manservant, Merlin , has the same secret. They can't reveal it until the right time c...
58.4K 2.2K 21
Prince Merlin and his family were forced from their home in Tristram when he was only three years old. He grew up in Ealdor in Cenred's Kingdom, not...