Murder Capitol

By NalaniRose

Murder Capitol follows the life of four young siblings trying to make it in their hood. Where killings are a... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1: Murder Capitol
Chapter 2: Party & Bullsh*t
New Fcking Cover !
Chapter 3: Heaven Sent
Chapter 5: Live A Little

Chapter 4: I'm Grown

4.4K 212 225
By NalaniRose

*Sidenote: I changed the characters... once again. Lol. Don't hate me. The updated character list is at the end of the chapter. Enjoy! 

Chapter 4: I'm Grown

"She's just a teen, so how could she know what she really wants?"

Java Green.

"What is love?" My fourth period Creative Writing teacher, Mr. Daniels, asked the class.

No one really made an effort to answer his question right away. We all just kind of looked around at each other.

"OK, not everyone at once," He chuckled. "I know you guys have an answer to my question. Fellas, I hear you all the time talking about how you love her, and ladies don't get me started on y'all." His voice went up a few octaves. "I love him so much, my life is so complete with him in it. Ohmygosh, if we were to breakup I'd just die!" he mimicked the girls in the class, causing everyone to double over with laughter.

"Aight Mr. D," One classmate said inbetween laughs. "Love is when you balls deep in that pussy, and ain't even thinkin' bout pulling out!" I recognized the voice to be none other than Rock's. King's teammate on the basketball team.

I rolled my eyes and glanced over my shoulder, only to find him staring right at me while quickly flicking his tongue up and down. My face immediately turned into a frown as I tried hard not to throw up my breakfast from this morning. I shot Rock my middle finger before turning back around in my seat.

"Judging by the way Java just dissed yo ass, I'd like to think you ain't getting no 'pussy'." Mr. Daniels called Rock out making the class laugh even harder. I shot Mr. D a thankful smirk.

Mr. Daniels was hands down one of the coolest teachers at Murkville. He taught English, and the Creative Writing elective. Although most students did have disrespectful outbursts such as Rock, everyone really did respect him. Mr. D was quick to put someone in their place, but he still maintained an open line of communication. We knew if there was ever something going on in inside or outside of the school, Mr. D would always be there to help us out and talk to us.

"Ok, can someone give me a valid definition of love?" He asked once again.

"Love is when you'd do anything for someone," A quiet girl in the back of the class answered. I didn't even know her name.

Mr. D nodded his head, "Very good, anyone else?"

I slowly raised my hand. "Love is an emotion that can't be put into words. It's something you feel deep down within you. You can't describe it, but you know it's there. You feel it with every fiber of your being. It can either be the most beautiful or heart wrenching thing in the world." I explained.

Mr. D nodded his head impressively. "Very good Java, very good."

"Well damn, when you put it like that I'm pretty sure I love yo ass!" Rock teased from the back of the classroom. I rolled my eyes hard, and just decided to ignore his ignorance this time. I don't even know why he signed up for this class.

"Alright, alright," Mr. D clapped his hands to get our attention. "Settle down heathens, let's talk about our next big assignment." He walked over to the board and pulled out a dry erase marker. "Due at the end of the second nine weeks is a free verse poem. Who can tell me what a free verse poem is?"

I raised my hand once again, "Free verse is a poem that does not rhyme or have a particular meter." I told the class.

"Thank you Java," Mr. D nodded in my direction. "So feel free to write how you want. I want you all to compose a poem about someone, something, or some place that you love. Put your heart into this guys. I don't want y'all turning in some half-assed poem, because I will definitely give you an F on it. Take you time, tap into your inner poet, and let the words flow."

Right as he finished his sentence, the bell rang dismissing us before he could. Everyone quickly hopped out of their seats and scrambled out of the classroom.

"The bell doesn't dismiss y'all. I do!" He yelled over the throng of rushing teenage bodies.

I slightly smiled at him on my way out the door. "See you tomorrow, Mr. D."

"See you, Java," He waved. "I look forward to reading your poem." He added just as I made it out the door.

My shoulders slumped as I realized I had absolutely nothing to write about. Poetry was my passion, and my hobby, but I wasn't quite sure I wanted to write about poetry. I didn't love anyone except my siblings, so I sure as hell wasn't writing about them. So currently I was faced with an empty drawing board, but luckily I had until December to come up with something.

As I was making my way to the cafeteria for lunch, my phone lit up with a text message. A smile broke across my face as I saw it was a message from Duke.

From: Duke

Hey beautiful.

I quickly responded.

To: Duke

I'm glad you know how to greet me. Lol. (: What's up?

He responded back just as I opened the cafeteria doors.

From: Duke

You hell, ma. What you got going on right now?

I slipped my phone into my pocket and decided to text him back once I found somewhere to sit. The cafeteria was crowded as usual, and Nevaeh usually found us a table, but I didn't see her anywhere in here today. My eyes continued to scan the place, until I saw King seated at a table with Mason and that girl from the other night. I quickly made my way over to them.

"Hey y'all," I greeted everyone as I sat down, pulling my phone from my pocket in the process.

To: Duke

Well, obviously I'm in school. Lol

"What's up Java? You remember Tiani right?" He asked, pointing to the girl from the other night.

"Vaguely," I responded, still glancing down at my phone. After I saw the typing bubble come up in our message thread, I looked up at Tiani.

"Nice to see you again. You're cute," I admitted giving her a once over.

"Uh, thank you..." She responded while giving King a confused look.

He chuckled nervously and cut his eyes at me. "Don't mind Java. She's just messing with you."

I shrugged my shoulders, "What? She is cute. I can't admit that? You have good taste King."

"Just. Friends." He gritted through his teeth.

"Well, tell that to those girls over there," I pointed to a group of girls who were staring hard at King and Tiani before snatching a few fries off his plate. I tossed the fries into my mouth with a smile.

"Don't start please," Mason begged. I rolled my eyes at him since these were the first words he'd uttered to me since I sat down.

"Well, hello to you too Mason." My voice dripped with sarcasm. I grabbed a few more fries from his plate before turning my attention back to Tiani. "I'm just trying to warn you. You're about to be the most hated girl in Murkville."

"Why?" She innocently asked. I could see King begging me not to tell her, but I couldn't just let the poor girl be blindsided.

"Because of this guy right here," I pointed to my big brother with a smile. "King is like a god around here. Girls worship the ground he walks on, and since he's taken a liking to you, you're new here, plus you're pretty on top of that, they're gonna hate you." I shrugged.

"All because King and I are friends?" she asked.

"Nah, he likes you," I spilled all the tea. King's face dropped into a look of disbelief, and Mason awkwardly cleared his throat while looking away.

"Java. Shut the fuck up!" He groaned, rubbing his hand down his face.

A blush crept onto Tiani's face as she began to play with her food. King attempted to slyly glance at her out the corner of his eye, but I caught all of that. They were actually kind of cute together.

"That was for telling Sanai about the fight. Payback's a bitch ain't she?" I laughed.

King simply held up his middle finger and continued to eat his burger.

My phone buzzed with a text message from Duke. About time he replied.

From: Duke

What time you get out? I wanna see you.

I smiled to myself.

To: Duke

3:00. Pick me up at the corner store.

I slid my phone back into my pocket, excited about hanging out with Duke after school.

"Yo what's up with your girl?" Mason asked.

I was just about to ask 'who', when Nay came running up to our table with tears streaming down her face. She plopped down next to me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"What's up mama?" I asked, concern taking over my features.

"I-i-it's M-Marcus," she hiccuped between tears.

"Marcus? What about him?" Marcus was Heaven's first baby daddy. He and Nay's sister had an on-again off-again relationship.

"They killed him Jah," She cried. "Them fuckin' eastside niggas killed him in broad daylight man." Her tears were soaking my shirt now, and I was rendered completely speechless.

I looked up to King for help, but he looked just as lost as me. Tears burned in the brim of my eyes as I ached right along with my friend. My heart went out to her poor niece that would now grow up without a father due to some senseless street beef. I wrapped my arms around Nay and consoled her as best as I could. A silence had fallen over our table as everyone was lost in their own thoughts. I closed my eyes and exhaled deeply. I just hope we all make it out alive.

>>>

Ace Green.

I sat in my office of one of my stash houses smoking a blunt. A little random broad sat on my right, ass naked. If I was being completely honest, the sight was turning me on. I ashed the blunt, without passing it to her and put it out. A small pout took over her features, but I just shrugged.

"You wanna poke yo lips out like that, then I know something you can put 'em on," I smirked giving her a once over.

Her frown slowly turned into a small smile. She seductively licked her lips, while walking over to me. Damn, I thought to myself as I glanced at her body. She wasn't too big, or too skinny, shawty was just right. My eyes roamed over her ass, just as my hands reached out and gripped it.

"What's ya name?" I asked just as she lowered herself down in between my legs.

"Candy," she purred while unbuckling my pants.

"Candy," I murmured to myself. I'd probably forget that shit within the next hour, but oh well.

Just as she got my pants undone, and put me in her mouth the door burst open. I groaned while throwing my head back and rolling my eyes. Whoever it was better have a damned good reason for interrupting the fire ass head I was about to get.

I looked up to see none other than Dom, with one of the workers behind him.

"The fuck you want man?" I asked, kissing my teeth.

He looked at Candy, then up at me, then back down at Candy. A small smirk formed on his face and I knew he was thinkin' about flippin' this bitch. Hell, it really ain't seem like a bad idea.

Dom cleared this throat before speaking, "I came in here to tell you, some cat out front wanna speak to you. Look serious as fuck. Nigga brought security and all."

I raised an eyebrow before finally telling Candy to get off her knees. She stood up to her full height, and I bit my lip while smacking her ass as she walked away. I watched her ass cheeks jiggle before shaking my head.

"Damn her ass fat," I mumbled to myself.

"Hell yeah," I heard Dom say. I looked up to see him watching her as well. Hell yeah, we was gone flip that b.tch.

After fixing myself in my pants, I told Dom to tell whoever this nigga was to come into my office. I reached underneath my desk and took my gun off safety. You could never be too sure with niggas. As I sat back down in my seat, the nigga was just walking in. My mouth slightly fell open and my eyes bucked as I realized who he was.

I was standing face to face, man to man with Bullet. Bullet was like a hood legend, I don't even know how Dom's dumbass forgot to mention the fact that Bullet was at my trap spot, tryna meet with me. I stood up and cleared my throat, before extending my hand out to his. He firmly shook my head, before taking it upon himself to sit down in front of me.

"You want something to drink?" I asked, preparing myself to make him a glass of Henney.

He simply nodded as he looked over at the mini bar I had in my office. Bullet wasn't a man of many words clearly. He was actually pretty intimidating too. He stood about 6'7, built like Terry Crews, and darkskin just like him too. He had a cut under her right here, that looked downright nasty and scary as hell. And if he showed up to your turf you knew he meant business. There was only two things he hit the streets for--death and money. I was praying it was the later.

"Ace is it?" He asked as I placed the cup of Henn in front of him.

I nodded as I took my seat across from him at the desk.

"I'm sure you know who I am, so we can skip the formalities and get straight to the real shit. I'm tryna do business with you. I've been watching you for a minute now, and I like the way you move. You're quick on your feet and you don't take no shit. I like that."

At the sound of that my ears perked up. Bullet was based out of Florida, Miami to be exact. He ran the entire states of Florida and Georgia, and apparently he was tryna expand to Alabama too. I knew his shirt was pure A1 though considering he was in Miami, the heart of drug trafficking.

"What's your proposition?" I asked leaning forward on my elbows.

"I'm trying to push weight around here. I've slowly been making my way into this area, but I see a few niggas ain't tryna respect what I got going. I heard you was also having some trouble out here. You join forces with me, and the way I see it, the whole state of Alabama could be yours." His eyes never once left mine. It was almost like he was daring me to say no, but I wasn't that damn stupid.

"How much money we talking? I know you ain't bout to just let me run the state for free."

He slowly nodded while taking a sip from his cup. "I want 50,ooo up front. The rest is yours. I'll even assign you a few members from my team. You take care of these lil niggas tryna start some shit with me, and I'll even throw you an extra 50 on top of whatever you make. But, I want that 50,ooo monthly. If I'm not seeing that, we gone have some problems."

I thought his plan over to myself. It honestly wasn't a bad idea. I knew I could easily make more than a 100K with the product Bullet would be bringing in. I never sold white before, but I knew his shit was pure. I rubbed my hands together as I thought of how easy it would be to take the city over.

"I'm in." I nodded while reaching to dap him up.

He smirked, "It's gone be a pleasure doing business with you young man." He dapped me up. "I see a lot of my younger self in you. Remember, this game will eat you alive if you let it. Always stay humble, don't take no shit, and always stay a step ahead of everyone else."

He stood up from his seat and made his way towards the door.

"I'll be in contact soon to let you know when and where to pick up your first shipment. Do not disappoint me." With that he walked out of my office.

I leaned back in my chair with a huge grin on my face. This deal was so major for me. It was only a matter of time before my family and I was swimming in money. This called for a celebration.

>>>

Java Green.

I rolled my eyes as I looked at the text message I received from Ace.

From: Ace of Spades

We goin out to eat tonight. I'ma pick y'all up from school.

I sighed realizing that I'd have to cancel my plans with Duke. If Ace so much as saw him pulling up on the same block as my school it would be WWIII out here. I quickly scrolled to the thread with Duke.

To: Duke

Change of plans, my brother is taking us out to eat after school. I'll text you when I make it home.

From: Duke

Coo'. Just hmu

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and waited for King to come meet me in the parking lot. I figured he'd be a while since he usually met up with his team in the gym after school. I just fiddled around with my fingers until Ace's car pulled up in the parking lot.

I jogged over to his Impala and hopped in the backseat, throwing off my bookbag. Sanai sat up front and I gave her a questioning look.

"What you doing here? Ain't you got work?" I raised an eyebrow.

"First off," she held up one finger. "It's don't you have to work, not ain't you. Second off, your big head ass brother here made me call off."

"Wow," I slowly nodded. "This must be some really big shit. Ace got you calling off work and everything. What's good Ace baby?" I turned my attention toward him.

He just smirked at me through the rearview mirror. "Just wait on it. Where the hell King at?" He asked, growing impatient.

Like clockwork, King came jogging out of the gym doors and over to the car.

"Bout damn time nigga," Ace said as soon as King hopped into the car.

"F.ck you man," He laughed while slapping him in the back of the head. "Where we headed? What's the rush?"

"Ace is taking us out to eat," I informed him. "Say he got some hot shit fa us."

"Java what'd I tell you about all that cursing?" Sanai snapped at me.

I quietly huffed and leaned further into my seat. She always swear she's somebody mama.

"So what's good Ace? Where are we going?" King continued questioning him.

Ace laughed while glancing back at King. "Sit back in ya seat and just ride, damnit. You blowing me playing 21 questions 'nshit."

King chuckled himself, but just did as Ace said. We rode for a few more minutes before finally pulling up to Red Lobster. My mouth watered as I imagined the meal I was about to get. Ace must've really been feeling good since he was maxing out like this on us.

I wasted no time climbing out the car and rushing inside as soon as we pulled up. I gave the hostess our party number, and we were seated in no time. A huge smile spread across my face as I looked over the menu.

"I already know what I'm getting," I wiggled in my seat excitedly. I absolutely loved seafood.

"Well give us some time to look over the menu," Sa laughed.

I just nodded and closed my menu. There wasn't no need to continue looking, I already knew what I wanted. After a while the waiter came and brought out biscuits while taking our drink orders. Once she brought back the drinks, everyone ordered, and now we were just waiting on our food.

"So what's the occasion, Ace?" Sanai finally asked as we were enjoying our meals.

Ace took a bite of his seafood pasta before slowly wiping his mouth using the back of his hand. Sa tooted her nose up at him, causing me to chuckle.

"I got some good news," Ace smiled looking over at all of us. "I just made a deal."

"A deal?" Sa asked with her eyebrows raised. "What kind of deal?"

"With that nigga Bullet," Ace smiled. As soon as the words left his mouth, Sa's face changed into one of rage. I knew she was pissed off beyond words, because her chocolate face was turning a different color. I glanced over at King who pretended to be so into his food.

I wasn't exactly sure who Bullet was, but I knew enough about the game to know he was a big timer. If he wanted to work with Ace, that meant more money for him. Ace made pretty good money for a D-boy, but obviously it wasn't enough for us to stop struggling. If him getting on with Bullet meant more money then I was all for it. Sa on the other hand was not.

"Are you serious?" She scoffed. "You seriously made me call off work and took us out to eat to tell me that shit?!" She semi-shouted.

Ace gave her a look that told her to quiet her tone. "I'm doing this shit for us Sa, don't you see if I get on with this nigga I'll be making four times the money I make now."

"Sometimes it's not all about the money," Sa mumbled while using her fork to play around with the food left on her plate.

"Not about the money?" Ace laughed. "Sa baby, it's always all about the money?" He continued eating his food.

"Well what good is the money gone do if you're dead or in jail Israel?!" She shouted.

Our table suddenly fell silent, as did the ones surrounding us. Sanai's chest was heaving up and down, and Ace sat staring at her silently. We all knew Sa was serious when she used his real name. And as mad as Ace wanted to be, her words really got to him. It was like although death was nearly second nature to us here in the hood, we never really thought about it. We all thought we were invincible.

Sa's outburst really made me think about Marcus and how quickly things can change. You can easily be here one minute and gone the next. I understood now that Sanai was afraid of losing Ace. That's why she didn't want him in the streets, and if she had to work double overtime, push herself harder in school, and struggle until we finally made it then that's what she'd do. My sister would sacrifice it all to save us.

>>>

When we got back home the house was unusually quiet. I guess everyone was still caught up in their own thoughts. Although Sa had a point earlier I knew Ace wasn't gonna stop selling drugs any time soon. Matter of fact a few minutes after we got situated at home, he was back out the door. Sa knew she couldn't control Ace, and he was just providing for our family the only way he knew how.

"You got class tonight?" I asked Sanai as I stood in the doorway of her room.

She looked at me as she laced up her shoes. Her brown curls fell into her face as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I do. You know I should be home by 8:30," She sighed.

I just nodded and took it upon myself to sit down next to her.

"You know we all understand that you just want the best for us," I explained to her. She just nodded without saying a word.

"And you know that he's just providing for us the only way he knows how," I continued.

"I know that Java, I really do. I just--" She sighed in frustration and stood up from the bed. "I honestly don't even want to talk about this any more. I'ma be late for class if I don't leave now."

I stood up as well and followed her out the bedroom.

"Do ya homework and please don't be running the streets tonight," She pleaded with me. I just groaned and rolled my eyes.

"I won't Sa," I mumbled. "Have a good time in class."

"Ok, be safe and tell King I'm gone," She tossed over her shoulder as she opened up the front door.

"You be safe too!" I called after her.

Once I was sure she was on her way to the bus stop I pulled out my phone to text Duke.

To: Duke

Meet me at the corner of 2nd and Monroe. I'll be waiting for you. (:

Not even three seconds my phone buzzed with a text message from him. He sent back a simple 'omw'. I locked my phone and decided to make sure I looked and smelled extra good for him.

>>>

As soon as Duke's all white Escalade pulled up to the stop sign, I rushed to hop in. I didn't need anyone seeing me getting into the car with him so I tried to move as quick as possible.

I let my body relax against the cool leather seats as I took in the interior. His seats were peanut butter, with wood grain detail. There was a touch screen navigation system, and TV's built into the back of the seats. I rose an eyebrow as I glanced over at him. The same cocky smirk he had the day I met him remained on his lips.

"What you wanna know?" He asked before I could even say anything.

"What you do?" I shot back just as quick.

He glanced over at me for a second, and then pulled off from the light. His left hand gripped the steering wheel as his right propped up against the console.

"I think you already know the answer to that, mama," His eyes caught mine for a second.

I just nodded my head and leaned back further into the seat, taking in the fleeting scenery around us.

"How old are you Duke?" I questioned as we pulled up to another red light.

"19, is that a problem?" He glanced back over at me. I swear every single time he looked at me my heart literally stopped.

"You know I'm only 16 right?"

"You know age ain't nothing but a number, right? Besides, you're mature for your age."

His hand somehow found its way to my thigh, right near my knee cap. I pursed my lips together as I tried to control myself from squealing like a giddy school girl.

"So where we going?" I asked propping my arm up against the window and slightly turning my body towards him. I was slowly getting more comfortable.

"Back to my place of course."

As soon as the words left his mouth we heard sirens behind us. I slightly turned my head to see a police cruiser right behind his car.

"Shit!" He yelled, pulling his hand away from my knee.

He began quickly pulling backs of weed and money out of his pockets. He also reached under his seat and pulled out a gun.

"Here Java, put this in your purse." He handed the stuff over to me.

I could tell by the urgency in his voice that there wasn't much room for me to protest. I had to move quickly as the police would be at our door any minute now. But, honestly I was scared shitless. I did not want to take this.

"Look Java, we don't got time for you to be pussying out on me. These fuckin' pigs gone be at my do' in like 30 seconds. I promise they not gone check you shawty, but if they do I gotchu. You hea' me? I gotchu."

The tone of his voice, the seriousness in his eyes, and the fact that he never once broke eye contact with me let me know he was serious. I sighed before hurriedly stuffing the items into my purse. I leaned back into my seat and tried to remain calm although my leg was bouncing nervously.

The three taps on the window caused me to jump harder than I'd like to admit. I quietly willed myself to calm down as I tried to put on a cool facade.

"Is there a problem officer?" Duke asked as his window was winding down.

The officer, who was a chubby white man with a bald head, peered inside the car at me. I bit my lip and looked away from him.

"You know you got a missing tail light?" The officer spoke.

"Nah, I didn't know that," Duke replied. "Must've just gone out."

"Hmph, must have." I knew from just how this officer was acting that this was more than just a routine tail light stop. My stomach was doing backflips.

"Can you step out of the vehicle sir?"

"For what? I ain't did shit," Duke started to protest.

"Sir, step out of the car." He said once again.

Duke still tried to put up a fight.

"Just step out the car," I whispered to him, trying to remain calm.

"Yeah," The officer snickered. "Listen to your lady and step out the car."

"Aye, don't fuckin' speak to or about her!" Duke snapped.

My eyes widened and I silently prayed that he wouldn't do anything heinous like murder Duke in cold blood--or worse, me.

The officer then began patting Duke down, coming up empty handed because obviously all his stuff was on me. When he finally let Duke go I sighed in relief. Duke started the car back up and looked over at me.

"I'm sorry bout that shawty. Fuckin' pigs man." He spat.

"It's ok," I whispered. "I'm just glad he let us go."

He smiled over at me just as he pulled off from the side of the road. "And I'm glad you held it down, ma. You a real one."

I don't even know why that caused the butterflies in my stomach to go haywire, but it did. Duke thought I was a rider--which obviously I am. Now it was only a matter of time before he made me his girl. I looked over at him and smiled to myself. Ace was so wrong about him.

*

We were back at Duke's place, which was a really nice spot on the east side, and I was watching him roll up a blunt.

"Let me finish it off," I peered over his shoulder at the unfinished blunt. All that was left to do was lick it and twist it up.

He looked over his shoulder at me. "Nah, this here is for grown niggas only," He laughed.

I crossed my arms and playfully pouted. "I know how to roll. At least let me hit it." I huffed.

He raised the finished blunt in the air, "Hit this? Nahh, you ain't even ready for all this shawty."

I brought my legs up to my chest and turned toward him. "I am though! Don't treat me like a child," I rolled my eyes.

"But you are just a li'l jit," He laughed, but I didn't see a damn thing funny.

"Ok, Ok, you can hit it. Just chill with the puppy dog face. A nigga can't say no when you look at him like that." I smiled to myself and kept that little piece of information in the back of my mind.

After sparking up the blunt, Duke hit it three times before passing it to me.

"Now when you inhale, take a deep breath and don't think about it too hard. Then release the breath and the smoke will come out." He instructed me. "But don't hit it too hard or you'll choke yourself."

Taking in everything he said, I slowly puffed the blunt. Once I felt like I had enough smoke in my mouth I inhaled. It was honestly a scary feeling at first, but when I exhaled, it wasn't too bad. I hit it three more times, growing more comfortable each time.

"Look at you," Duke smiled. "You hitting that shit like a pro now." He grinned before pulling me into his lap. He ashed the blunt on the coffee table and passed it back to me.

I placed it back to my lips and hit it again. My head relaxed against Duke's shoulder as his fingers made small circles on my thigh. The sensation felt so good. I felt myself relaxing as my eyelids fluttered. Before I knew what was happening, his head dipped down and his light brown orbs flickered between my lips and eyes.

My heartbeat increased as I held my breath in anticipation. Finally, his lips made contact with mine and I swear I lost my breath right then and there. His lips slowly caressed mine as his fingers became entangled in my hair. The pads of his fingers slowly massaged my scalp. A low guttural sound that I never heard before escaped my lips.

I quickly removed my lips from his and looked down embarrassedly. I'm sure my cheeks were flushed pink. Duke's long, skinny finger tilted my head slightly.

"Don't shy away. That was the sexiest sound I ever heard," He beamed before pecking my lips again.

I blushed to myself once again before leaning into him more. I picked up the blunt from the coffee table and sparked it back up. I cuddled against Duke as I released the smoke from my lips.

I could get used to this. 

>>>

WHEW! This chapter was about 6,000 words so there's no telling how many pages it is. 

How do y'all feel about this chapter?

Rock acting up in Java's Creative Writing class?

Nay's sister losing her baby daddy? 

Ace going into business with Bullet?

Do y'all think Sanai was wrong for spazzing on him? 

Java sneaking out to be with Duke and holding the drugs for him?

How do you all think their relationship is going to play out?

I know we're only about four chapters in, but from what you've read so far who is your favorite character? 

Oh yeah, that's Java and Duke in the mm. 

love always, 

Nalani

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 127K 62
RATHOD In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emotio...
127K 3.9K 34
Nollani is a 21 year old student, she has a big personality that only the closest know. She's very independent but very deep down wants a mommy to de...
74.6K 6.6K 62
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
Ice Cold By m

General Fiction

2.2M 83.2K 49
[boyxboy] Wren Ridley is always two steps ahead of everyone, or so he thinks. His life seems out of his control when he starts having feelings for so...