Love to Hate [1]

Oleh harrytrash13

Nessa Stevens has lived in the dark all her life, until she's sent to the ground. Nessa was a second chi... Lebih Banyak

I feel safest being alone. (Prologue)
Welcome to the new age.
You tried to track me down, you followed me like the darkest cloud.
Silent in the trees standing cowardly.
I can't help this awful energy.
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Don't you think it's funny how we're all delinquent kids?
They strung up a man they say who murdered three.
Look into my eyes it's where my demons hide.
But there's a side to you that I never knew.
Light it up like we're the stars of the human race.
I can't take them on my own.
Not asking for a lot, just that you're honest with me.
There's miles of land in front of us.
Don't ever want to see things change.
Know the water's sweet but blood is thicker.
I know you're trying to forget.
Does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes?
Now turn away, 'cause I'm awful just to see.
If you could get me a drink of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded.
There may be something there that wasn't there before.
But the strong will survive, another scar may bless you.
Running out of breath but I got stamina.
We are far too young and clever.
Please don't make any sudden moves.
I know I needed you but I never showed.
Without you I'll never make it out alive.
Wherever you are is the place I belong.
It's obviously best for them to turn their guns to a fist.
I know it'll kill me when it's over.
You know the end could never come so soon.
The sharp knife of a short life, well, I've had just enough time.
Love is not a victory march. (Epilogue)

I'm a goner somebody catch my breath.

1.7K 35 5
Oleh harrytrash13

Song: Goner // Twenty One Pilots

Yooooo I see people are reading this, can you please give me some feedback on what you think?? I'd really appreciate it <3

Nessa's POV

While Bellamy was out "getting air", I got hungry. I dug into his backpack and pulled out a packet of nuts and popped all of them in my mouth. They had a slightly sour aftertaste, but they were better than nothing. I decided to practice some more and fire a few more rounds from my gun while I waited. After about a half hour of this I started to feel a little woozy. The light from our lanterns seemed a little too bright, the walls of the hallway started to spin. I stumbled, trying to catch myself on a nearby crate. 

"Nessie? Is that you?" I heard a voice from behind me. I whipped around and there stood my father. Just as I remembered him. But - no - he was dead, wasn't he?

"D-dad? Is it really you?" I choked out. Tears sprang unbidden to my eyes.

"Nessie, it's me. I'm here," he opened his arms and I ran to him. But as soon as I touched him, he dissolved into nothing. 

"Dad? Where'd you go? DAD?!?" I yelled. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I knew it had been to good to be true.

"He's gone, Nessie. It's all your fault. Again," I heard a voice sneer from the darkness. I looked up. It was Reagan, my sister, striding towards me. But, no, it couldn't be? She was dead too, right? And why would she be talking to me like this?

"Poor, Nessie. All alone on the ground. No friends, no family. Well, I know it's harsh but you really have no one to blame but yourself," Reagan, or this person who looked like Reagan but couldn't be her, jeered. "If you hadn't been born none of this would have happened. Dad would still be alive."

"Rae? Why, why are you saying this?" I whispered. I couldn't understand why she was acting like this.

"Oh, shut up. I had to listen to your whining for too long on the Ark. You were insufferable. But Dad acted like you were the sun itself. It was always 'Nessie this' and 'Nessie that'. You were the cause of all  my misery. You weren't even my full sister, yet I had to risk my life to keep you safe. I just don't know why it took me so long to turn you and Dad in. God knows it felt great to finally confess to Jaha and rid myself of you for good," Reagan continued. I couldn't breathe. What was she saying? We weren't really sisters? Reagan was the one who turned us in? No, it couldn't be. She loved me - loved Dad. Our mom died giving birth to me. That was what my dad had always told me. 

"But even then you didn't get what you deserved. Dad sacrificed himself to save you one last time, and you escaped while he got floated. And so you took the one good thing I had left in my life, just like you took everything else!" Reagan was screaming by that point. She flew at me, arms outstretched, clawing at my face. I closed my eyes and threw up my arms to shield myself, expecting to feel the pain of her fingernails - but nothing came. I opened my eyes and no one was there. The hallway was empty again. Shaking, I stood up. Tears were still streaming down my face. I didn't know what I had just witnessed or if any of it was real, but I couldn't function. Then I realized Bellamy was still outside. I heard shouts and what sounded like punches from outside. Grounders. I ran up the stairs, bringing a gun and my bow and arrow slung across my back. Whatever I had just seen, this was the perfect distraction. Bellamy was in trouble. 

-

Bellamy's POV

They were all around me. All 320 of the people whose deaths I was responsible for. "Murderer...murderer..." I heard them all chanting. But I couldn't look at them. I only stared at Jaha. His eyes bored into me, accusing me, condemning me. I couldn't take it anymore. 

"Please, please just kill me," I pleaded with him. I held out the gun I had in my back pocket. "I deserve it, please." 

But instead of taking the gun, Jaha hit me across the face. I sprawled backwards in the mud. The rain was coming down in torrents now. The others moved in closer.

"I can't fight anymore!" I yelled. Couldn't they see that? I was ready to give up, ready for death - ready to accept whatever punishment I had coming for me. Just so I didn't have to be responsible for anyone else's suffering ever again. 

Jaha laughed as he walked over to me. "Don't you know?" he asked. "Life is a fight." He delivered a swift kick to my ribs that sent me flying.

I didn't understand. "What am I supposed to do?" I asked him. 

"Live, breathe, suffer," Jaha intoned. "You owe them that," he gestured to the dead. "You want peace?" he asked, crouching next to me. "You're gonna have to earn it." He gave me another hard kick.

"Fight back!" he yelled. I couldn't. He punched me in the face. Blood, rain, and mud were streaming in my eyes. I couldn't move, couldn't think, all I wanted was for it to be over. Jaha pulled me up by my hair to look me in the eyes. "You think you deserve to have your suffering end? Do you deserve that gift?" he asked softly. I nodded, desperate for the end. "Because you're gonna get it," he added, punching me again in the face. I sprawled on my back, too tired to do anything.

Suddenly, though, I heard the click of a gun. Jaha hadn't been holding a gun. I looked up and saw Dax standing over me, holding a gun from the supplies depot. Where the hell had he come from? 

"Nothing personal," Dax intoned, and pulled the trigger. I flinched, but nothing happened. The bullet had been a dud. Seeing my chance, I grabbed my handgun and pointed it at Dax as he reloaded, but suddenly there was nothing in my hand. Another hallucination. Dax aimed the gun at me again. 

"Hey!" I heard a small voice cry out. "Why don't you pick on someone who isn't tripping on bad nuts, huh?" I looked over and saw Nessa standing there, her bow strung and an arrow pointed right at Dax. Her face was set in anger, but I almost had to laugh. She was about half the size of him, and was facing off against a machine gun with a homemade bow and arrow. Stupid but brave. 

"I don't know who the hell you are, but Shumway said 'no witnesses'," Dax muttered, turning the gun on Nessa. I looked around, still disoriented from my earlier hallucination.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Nessa demanded, not moving an inch. She still didn't understand.

"Shumway set it up," I explained. "He gave me the gun to shoot the Chancellor."

"Walk away now and I won't kill you," Dax said to Nessa. Part of me hoped she would listen. I didn't want her dead, much less because of me. 

But of course she didn't. "Nah, I'm gonna hang around. I think Bellamy's finally starting to like me," she said, her voice light but her eyes showed the rage lying underneath. Dax pulled the trigger and a shot rang out. Nessa dodged the bullet and let her arrow fly, but Dax dodged that too. He fired a few more shots as Nessa dove behind a tree. I finally regained my senses enough to realize she was in serious danger. I launched myself at Dax, catching him off guard. He stumbled at first, but then regained his balance and shoved me to the ground again. He pinned me down and began to press on my throat with his gun. I couldn't breathe, my vision began to fade. I thought this was it. Then I heard a thunk, followed by a gurgling noise, and Dax's weight slid off of me. I scrambled up and saw him lying on his back, an arrow through his throat. Blood dribbled out of his mouth and his eyes stared at the sky, seeing nothing. Nessa was leaning against a tree, breathing hard. At first I thought she had gotten through the fight unscathed, but then I saw her clutching her arm, blood seeping through her fingers. I made my way over to her. 

"Damn it, Nessa, why do you have to be so stupid all the time," I groaned, sitting next to her.

"Hey, you're welcome," she spit back. "And I'm fine. We both are."

I shook my head. "No, I'm not." I took a shaky breath and continued, my voice breaking. "My mother, she raised me to be better, to be good. And all I do is hurt people. I'm a monster." I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I sniffed. 

"Hey, Bellamy, look at me," Nessa demanded. I turned and fixed my eyes on her glowing green ones. "You are not a monster. A selfish dick sometimes, yes, I'll be the first to call you that. But a monster? No way in hell. That guy lying there? He's a monster. You? You care about people, not just yourself. I used to think you were that guy but I've seen the real you, Bellamy. You genuinely want to help everyone here. You always do what you think is right, just sometimes what you think is right isn't what everyone else sees as right. We need you, Bellamy, if we're going to make it through this. I see that now. And I don't know what you need to make you stay with us but if it's forgiveness then I can start. I forgive you, Bellamy Blake." It sounded so real, so genuine. I was taken aback. The person who probably hated me most in this world, forgiving me? But she didn't know what I had been holding from her all this time.

"You sure you'll still be saying that when I tell you what I know about your sister? That I've known since they arrested you on the Ark?" I asked her. She closed her eyes and turned away, taking a deep breath. 

"I don't know what was in those nuts we ate, but I'm guessing you saw shit, too," she said. I nodded. "Well, I saw my sister, and I'm pretty sure what you're about to tell me is the same as what she said," she whispered, her voice shaky. I saw a tear slide down her cheek. I wanted to hold her, she looked so small and fragile. Life had already taken so much from her, I didn't want to add another burden. But she had a right to know.

"When they arrested you, I asked Kane how they had found out about you. Back when your dad had been hiding you under the floorboards. My mom and I were still hiding Octavia at this point, so I didn't want to make the same mistake. Kane said that, that your sister had come to Jaha and the council and had ratted you and your dad out in exchange for immunity. The council found out about an illegal second child and she wouldn't get floated for knowing about it and helping to hide you. Jaha agreed," I explained. "I didn't understand how she could do that to her own father and sister. I could never imagine doing that to Octavia."

Nessa nodded, still crying silently. "That's what I was expecting. In my hallucination/dream/whatever it was, Reagan also told me I wasn't her real sister and she didn't see why she had to risk her life for me. But if I wasn't her real sister than what was I?" She started to break down, burying her head in her hands. Cautiously I reached my arm over her shoulders and she leaned into me. We sat that way for what felt like hours, each feeling the burdens of our past and having to face those burdens soon weighing heavily on our shoulders. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

19.6K 276 32
From the same station on the Ark, to the same group going to Earth, y/n y/l/n and Bellamy Blake re-unite after years of not seeing eachother. Y/N was...
17.9K 319 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...
305K 6.2K 55
"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards...
96.1K 1.6K 17
Aaliyah Stark. She was the youngest kid who got locked up on the ark at the age of 10. But she was innocent. All she did was wait for her death. Now...