Never Let Go - (Book 2 of NBT...

By lilly-rain

Amberly, Dougy and Phil have been away for the past eight months, dealing with everything that has happened b... More

Prologue - Never Let Go
Chapter 1 - Never Let Go
Chapter 2 - Never Let Go
Chapter 3 - Never Let Go
Chapter 4 - Never Let Go
Chapter 5 - Never Let Go
Chapter 6 - Never Let Go
Chapter 7 - Never Let Go
Chapter 8 - Never Let Go
Chapter 9 - Never Let Go
Chapter 10 - Never Let Go
Chapter 11 - Never Let Go
Chapter 12 - Never Let Go
Chapter 13 - Never Let Go
Chapter 14 - Never Let Go
Chapter 15 - Never Let Go
Chapter 16 - Never Let Go
Chapter 17 - Never Let Go
Chapter 18 - Never Let Go
Chapter 19 - Never Let Go
Chapter 20 - Never Let Go
Chapter 21 - Never Let Go
Chapter 22 - Never Let Go
Chapter 23 - Never Let Go
Chapter 24 - Never Let Go
Chapter 25 - Never Let Go
Chapter 26 - Never Let Go
Chapter 27 - Never Let Go
Chapter 28 - Never Let Go
Chapter 29 - Never Let Go
Chapter 30 - Never Let Go
Chapter 31 - Never Let Go
Chapter 32 - Never Let Go
Chapter 33 - Never Let Go
Chapter 34 - Never Let Go
Chapter 35 - Never Let Go
Chapter 36 - Never Let Go
Chapter 37 - Never Let Go
Chapter 39 - Never Let Go
Chapter 40 - Never Let Go
Epilogue - Never Let Go

Chapter 38 - Never Let Go

34.1K 564 64
By lilly-rain

Enjoy =)

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Eight ~ ~

Landing down hard on the soles of my feet, I cringed and clenched my teeth together at the same time. Dropping to the side and rolling my body along the rough cement, in my attempt to lessen the impact of my fall, my mind was in frenzy. Pain was screaming at me from all over my body, particularly from my right shoulder where a little metal bullet is lodged in my skin – if they guy had been standing closer, it would gone right on through.

I'm not sure which option I would prefer, probably the less painful one.

Opening my eyes as I rolled over onto my stomach and pushed myself back up to my feet with my hands, I turned and looked all around me, my heavy breathing echoing loudly in my ears as tears brimmed my eyes.

This was all wrong, all so very, very wrong.

There were no goodbyes this time; I didn’t get to have my parting words with my big brother or his reassurance that everything was going to be alright. I didn’t have Baden by my side and I was currently weapon-less. I couldn’t have planned a more disastrous event if I had tried.

“Keep going!” Mia roared at me, “They’re gaining on us!”

Turning to face her as everything all around me slowed down, I took in her wide eyes and determined features, knowing she was going to get through this and complete what we came here for – she was going to have Blaze’s head on a big fat stick, even if it was the last thing she did.

Which is something I'm even more determined to not allow happen.

Mia ran towards me, her long red hair blowing angrily behind her as the empty belts rose and fell against her body with each step she took. Turning my gaze away from her, I looked behind her to see about ten dark figures running out from behind a large cargo crate, flashes of white light continuously going off as they fired their ammo in our direction with the intent to kill.

Along with the intent to claim the generous bounty, that has been placed on our heads, by the one and only Blaze Sepias.

“Leila!” Mia’s muffled voice screamed again as pain erupted in my thigh. Scrunching my eyes shut tight as I gasped loudly, ignoring the sick sensation swirling in the pit of my stomach. One hand lowered to touch my leg, causing more pain as I slowly looked down to see a dark colour seeping through and staining my jeans.

“Run!” Mia screamed again, and I looked back up at her, the world harshly coming back to life and I spun on my heels and took off running as she grabbed the back of my shirt, yanking me forward to keep up with her.

The past few hours have been hell.

The four of us stood inside an open cargo crate, not one of us speaking as we loaded our guns up bullets or shells and piled as many weapons as we possibly could onto our bodies. Mia was strapping daggers to every inch of free skin she could find, her eyes hard with a blank look in them also.

She had barely spoken more than two words to me since I got the message from Darcy and I was beginning to doubt my reasoning as to why I even asked for her help. I know Mia well enough to know it’s nor regret keeping her silent, it’s the unknown.

The unknown of who will and won’t make it out alive tonight.

She is trying to distant herself emotionally, so it won’t get in her way. Therefore, she won’t have anyone but herself to worry about and take care of. It’s a smart choice, but it’s not the option I chose. I was going in full of raw angered emotions.

Anger about my family being dragged into my mess, anger about Amberley’s broken voice on the phone because I wasn’t there for her when she truly needed me. Anger over everything that has happened in my life, I was just plain angry and I was focusing all of this onto one person – Blaze.

Eddie was suspiciously silent along with Mia, I don’t think I have ever seen either of them be together in the same room for this long without taking a bite out of one another – it was giving me the creeps and making me feel uneasy.

“Freestyle or blueprint?” Darcy finally broke the silence and I sent him a quick look of gratitude. He was never one for long silences, no matter what the situation was and I just plain hated long awkward silences like this, but I didn’t know how to break it.

“Freestyle,” I replied, looking back over to him as I slid a few full clips into the pockets of my belt hanging around my waist. I was searching for his reaction, wondering if he was going to have a problem with it like Eddie had, but then again, Darcy has never been one to follow the rules.

“I like it, guns blazing with a war cry happening. Heads are going to roll,” he grinned, chuckling to himself a little bit as his eyes went back down to his hands to concentrate on what he was doing.

“Bunch of wankers,” Edie grumbled angrily under his breath, “Going to get us all killed.”

Slamming my piece down hard on the wooden crate in front of me, “Do you want to run the show?” I snapped, “By all means, go ahead Eddie. If you think you’re better at it, then fucking run the show!”

Everybody stopped what they were doing and that same eerie silence surrounded us all again. They were like frozen statues in the semi dark and I shook my head with annoyance as I slipped my last piece of weaponry into the strap on my thigh and walked out.

“I'm going to go kill Blaze now, catch you all later,” I mumbled as I disappeared into the darkness, looking around at all the tall shipping containers.

“Babe, wait up,” Darcy’s voice whisper yelled through the night and I paused to look back at him. The sounds of the ocean softly lapping against the jetty in the background and the odd gull or two squawked from a far distance.

He caught up to me in no time at all, offering me a crooked smirk as his dark hair fell down into his eyes, “take these,” and he held his hand out. I looked down to see his famous night vision goggles hanging in the palm of his hand and I smiled gently.

“You love these things though De and I can’t guarantee I’ll be bringing them back to you,” I muttered quietly.

Tonight had an ominous feeling all about it, something was going to go wrong, I could feel it in my guts and it was putting me on edge. I didn’t believe tonight was the end for me, I don’t know why, but I just knew I wasn’t going to die...someone was though and that’s what worried me.

“She’ll be right, I’ve got more since we tried them out,” he grinned and I chuckled softly, taking them out of his hand and slipping them over my head, resting the goggle part on my forehead so they were easily accessible.

“Thanks De.”

I went to turn away to go find Blaze, but a set of lanky, though well muscled, arms wrapped me up from behind and spun me back around, “Not without a hug,” he laughed and I shook my head as I reached up and wrapped my arms around one of my good friends.

“Don’t start confessing your undying devotion to me or anything – I need you to stay a man tonight,” I teased as I pulled away.

Darcy grinned down at me, “No need, you know I already love you girl,” and with a cheeky wink, he turned on his heels and walked away in the opposite direction, waving a hand in the air, “See you in awhile!”

Shaking my head once more, I grit my teeth and blocked out the happy emotions Darcy had managed to fill my body with. I had a mission tonight and I was determined to succeed in it.

Staring up the tall shipping container, I frowned a little. It didn’t look like it would be hard to climb up the side of it, but I know looks can be deceiving. “Here go’s nothing,” I mumbled to myself and gripped onto the first thing I found and hoisted myself up.

It was hard. The small lips of metal sticking out were just protruding enough for my fingertips to grip on and the tips of my boots to rest against, I lost count of how many times I had slipped and banged my knees against the metal. Freezing and holding my breath as the noise seemed to ring as loud as church bells, but no one ever came running wile firing bullets at me.

“You look like a beached whale trying to get back into the water,” a deep voice chuckled teasingly from below and I gasped, almost losing my footing as I craned my neck over my shoulder to look down at Phil.

“Way to scare someone half to death,” I grunted as I readied my arms to pull my entire body weight up onto the top with a loud grunt. Rolling to the side and then onto my back as m legs dangled over the edge, “Glad climbing isn’t my profession,” I paid myself out as I heard Phil start to climb up the side.

In no time, his head popped up grinning at me as he struggled to pull himself up alongside me.

“Maybe climbing should be my profession,” he laughed quietly and it was only now that I noticed the large but slender object attached to his back.

Frowning as Phil stood up to his feet while I slowly pulled my legs up the rest of the way, “Is that a bazooka?” I asked.

His grin widened even more, “It sure is,” and then he frowned as he looked down at me, “I could have sworn you would have brought your rocket launcher with you – you love that thing.”

Shrugging as I stood to my feet and looked away from him, surveying the area before us. I could see the docks from here, the top of the tall crane that stood silent and still in the darkness, and then just row after rows of large metal containers.

“I couldn’t get a hold of one, and I lost mine in the last fight,” I replied after a moment.

“You would probably have needed it; Baden is going to hit the roof when he finds you here.”

Glancing back at him, I glared slightly, “He shouldn’t be stupid enough to think I wouldn’t show – why are you guys here anyway? I thought you all were doing a swap tomorrow night?”

Phil grinned as he walked towards me, wagging a finger in my direction, “So that is why you are here then, trying to get the drop on us hey? Should have known, because I was pretty surprised when I was walking along casually, minding my own business, when out of nowhere I saw this skinny little girl struggling to lift her arse up and over the top of a container,” he teased and I smacked his arm playfully.

“Go annoy someone else, I’m busy,” I grunted and walked to the far edge of the container, judging the distance between this one and the next.

“You sure your arse can make it?” Phil smirked as he came and stood beside me, also checking out the relatively small gap.

Glaring at him as I took a few long steps back, I flipped him the bird with a smirk and took a running jump. The cool night air blew against my face, blowing my ponytail back behind me and within seconds, I was landing on the other container with a loud echoing bang of metal.

A loud round of applause from behind me had me spinning around and hissing at Phil, “Shut up! I'm not ready to be busted yet.”

He rolled his eyes at me before he took a running jump and landed near me, making more noise than I just had, “If they didn’t hear you in the first place, they aren’t going to hear me.”

Scoffing loudly, “You made ten times more noise than I just did.”

“You calling me fat?” Phil looked down with a cocked eyebrow, a serious expression on his face as I looked at him with disbelief.

Shaking my head slowly, I looked away again, “Why am I the unfortunate one to be stuck with you?” I mumbled quietly, knowing he could hear me clearly.

“Because you’re awesome?” Phil offered, “besides, someone needs to watch over you.”

Taking offence to that comment, I turned to face him with anger, “What is that suppose to mean?”

He shrugged casually, ignoring my very annoyed glare, “It means Dougy and I took a vote that if we found you here, like we thought we would, that we were going to keep you and Baden separated because of what happened last time.” Phil looked down and met my eyes, “We’re not going through that pain again, and your ‘death’ cut deep wounds into us Leila, some I don’t think will ever heal fully.”

I looked away from him, guilt eating at my insides, “I'm sorry.”

“I know you are, now let’s kill this bastard so you will come home to us,” Phil cheered quietly and gave me a quick one-armed hug, which I returned.

“Love you Philly,” I mumbled and then we got down to business.

Laying down flat on our stomachs, I reached up and pulled the night vision goggles down over my eyes that Darcy had given me. Surprisingly, we haven’t come across anyone else yet, but by the silence all around us – I'm certain they haven’t been found by the enemy though.

I had a feeling Mia would be using her silencer or daggers to stay hidden as she takes out people as she finds them.I'm not sure if she would be wandering around the place alone or working alongside Eddie. Darcy I’m sure would be alone, preferring to be a one-man team, but just with back up if he needed it.

“There’s a small group of about twenty over to the South of the crane...they seem to be just standing around, but they are loaded,” I whispered softly to Phil as I rolled the switch with the tip of my finger to zoom in some more, but it was too dark to make out exact appearances.

“You want to take them down with my toy?” Phil asked, squinting into the darkness with his bare eyes, but gave up as he tried to snatch the goggles off of me, “Give me a look.”

“Hey, get your own,” I protested as I tried to smack his hands away to no use as he ripped the goggles away from my head.

“It’s just for a minute, chill,” he grinned as he started looking through them, but I quickly snatched them back and slipped them around my neck.

“I swear on my life Leila, if that is you up there you will regret it,” Baden’s voice boomed from down below and I peered over the edge at the dark figure hiding amoungst the shadows from all the containers.

“Are you calling me a girl?” Phil snapped, acting offended.

“You’re meant to be in position Phil, not playing games with Leila,” Baden snapped back and the sound of banging metal indicated that he was climbing up here.

“Crap,” I whispered with wide eyes and quickly jumped to my feet, not ready for this right now. Baden was going to use everything he had to stop me tonight, I knew that, and I wasn’t going to let him catch me.

“I am in position dumbass, check your list again,” Phil grunted, standing up to his feet and walking over to the noises Baden was making, while I took a run up, flashed him a quick smile and took off running, leaping across the small gap, but I didn’t stop at just the next container. I kept on running.

Baden swore my name out loudly, but I didn’t look back as I ran across a few more containers because I wanted as much distance between the two of us, finally deciding to get down on the ground so my escape could be much more quieter. I found the perfect opportunity, dropped to the edge I swung my legs over, holding on with my arms and looked up to see Baden nowhere in sight.

“Huh?” I puffed with confusion as my eyes scanned the tops of all the containers, not even seeing Phil anywhere in sight.

Two hands tugged on my ankles, causing a small scream of shock to escape my mouth as I felt my body falling backwards. Clenching my eyes shut tight as I waited for the impact, it finally came, but it was no way near as hard as what I had imagined

Loud groaning came from underneath as I rolled to the side, getting ready to jump up to my feet and keep on running, but an arm wrapped around my waist and yanked me back down again, “You’re not going anywhere,” Baden growled angrily.

Kicking at his thighs, “Get off me you big oaf!” I grunted as I slapped at his arm and struggled to get free. A loud gasp cried out as I was picked up, and flipped over onto my back, but before I even had a chance to defend myself against him, Baden was sitting down on my stomach, using his legs to pin mine down as he entwined them together.

His hands were gripped firmly on my wrists as he pinned my arms above my head and his face was inches away from mine as he glared into my own angry eyes, “I told you to stay out of it Leila.”

“Name one time I’ve ever listened to you,” I hissed back, wriggling underneath his body as I tried to get free, even though I already knew it was useless, but I wasn’t prepared to just back down.

“I only do what is best for you,” he snapped back, grabbing my arm I had managed to slip free and pinning it across my own chest, “I can’t bloody lose you again! I won’t lose you again Leila!” He growled furiously and I stopped struggling to meet his eyes.

“I need to finish this, I'm sorry Baden, but I'm not leaving because you asked me to,” I muttered, still trying to push him off me, but he wasn’t budging.

“Damn it, you two can’t be together,” Dougy growled from behind us, and I tilted y head back to look up at his looming figure.

“Hi bro’,” I half smiled.

“Stay out of it Dougy, I don’t care what you and Phil think,” Baden snapped, but his hold on me loosened enough for me to catch him by surprise. I slipped my arms free and shoved his chest roughly, knocking him to the side as I jumped up to my feet and put a good distance of space between us.

“Bloody hell Leila,” Baden grumbled as he stood to his feet and looked over at me, “Fine, you win – again.”

I nodded once, trying to hide the smirk on my lips that wanted to show itself. I always knew I would get my own way, with or without his permission and I think, he finally accepted that as well.

None of us had the chance to say anything else on the matter as we all jumped and instinctively ducked from the sound of a loud explosion coming from the docks. The sound erupted violently through the silent night air, vibrating the very ground and screams of pain could be slightly heard as it started to dull down.

“Phil,” Dougy mumbled, looking down at me again, “C’mon Lee, let’s go.”

I gave him one quick nod in return and started to follow him as he jogged down the row between the containers, stopping for a brief moment I glanced back at Baden from over my shoulder, “Coming or what?”

He muttered something under his breath but jogged to catch up with me, slipping his hand around mine, “Stay close to me or I will lose my mind,” he whispered softly and I smiled as I squeezed his hand back and we started to catch up with Dougy.

We knew we getting closer to the explosion when bullets were fired in our direction, metallic pings ringing loud and clear in my ears as they missed our bodies, and hit the metal shipping containers. I could only hope that none of them was containing explosives of any kind – these docks are known for their illegal shipments.

I wasted no time I pulling my hand free of Baden’s grasp and taking action upon myself, leaning up tightly against the side of a container, I pulled two guns free of their hiding places on my body and started firing back. Only, my guns didn’t have silencers on them.

I had made it this way on purpose, in the hopes Blaze would hear my shots and come running to kill me...leading my prey to me.A scream from further down the rows came from the darkness and I knew I had hit someone. I was about to take another shot in the same exact position in the hopes it would kill them, but movement from above me caught my attention at the last minute as a shadowed figure came dropping down towards me from above.

Jumping to the side, I lost my footing and rolled across the ground, my back slamming up against solid metal as I fired off five rounds, determined to not let this one get the first shot off because I was in a vulnerable position laying here like this.

The shadow slumped and all movement from it ceased to exist.

“Keep moving forward!” Dougy shouted out and a second later, he was standing in front of me, holding his hand down for me to take. Offering him a small smile of thanks, he helped me up to my feet. “You shot?”

I shook my head as I dusted the back of my jeans off and looked over to where Baden was stealthily running down the sides of a long container, his head darting around as he looked out for more.

“C’mon, let’s get this finished so we can all go home,” I mumbled and started off after Baden, not really impressed over the fact I was suddenly following his lead, but as long as it ended up with the same final results, then I could deal with it.

Baden broke out from the rat-trap of mazes created by the tall shipping containers and into the clearing. The second he did, bullets were fired off from different angles and I watched in horror as he slumped to the side a little, cursing loudly in pain as he was shot, but it didn’t stop him from continuing to run for cover and fire back at them.

“Bombs away!” a familiar voice shouted out, followed by the sound of something being thrown through the air and not even a moment later, another explosion sky rocketed through the area, blasting an orange heated glow across everyone followed by a small heat wave filled with debris.

“Bloody hell I hate that wanker,” Dougy hissed as he picked himself back up off the ground, he had been further out than I was and received the brunt of the explosion. His face looking singed already in the darkness and I reached out to touch his cheek lightly, causing him to hiss in pain and jerk back.

“Sorry,” I muttered quickly, pulling my hand away and dropping my empty gun on the ground, kicking it to the side in the process as I retrieved an ammo filled one from the strap attached to my side.

Dougy raised an eyebrow, which caused him a bit of pain, “Just how many weapons can you fit on your body?” he asked with incredulity.

Grinning, “A decent amount,” and then I ran forward into the chaos going on before us.

Bodies were laying everywhere as unknown figures on the ground, debris and empty guns – probably even loaded guns were spread all over the place as people lost their weapons during the battle. Small fires were scattered everywhere from the two explosions that have now gone off in this area, and people were running around in the shadows trying to stay alive as they killed of their enemy.

I watched some guy sneaking up behind a slightly familiar face over to the left of me, a long wire wrapped up in his hands with the intent to choke and kill the one who stood unaware before him as he picked off others with his rifle.

Reaching up and under my jacket, I pulled out my sniper rifle, the one I brought for when I would need clear shots like right now. “Watch my back, “I called out to Dougy as I heard him approach me from behind. He grunted a ‘always’ and I raised the long sleek gun to my face, looking through the scope and lining up my targets head.

Letting out a small slow and steady breath of air, I pulled on the trigger slowly until it fired of, causing a small jolt to run through the gun into my hand and I watched as the guy fell backwards. The one I saved quickly spun around in shock, looking down at the now dead man behind him before he looked up again and tried to find the one responsible for.

Our gaze met across the yard and a small smile graced his lips as he gave me a small nod, one that I returned as I fully recognised the guy now. “Who did you save?” Dougy asked from behind me and I lowered the gun to turn and face him, smiling a little.

“Kurt.”

He frowned for a moment, “Grunting Kurt? The one who hates everyone, and never says a word Kurt?” I nodded once and tucked my gun back into its bulky hiding place under my jacket and retrieved my hand held ones again.

Someone ran at us from behind, his loud thumping footsteps were a clear indication to his approach and both Dougy and I spun around, firing off two rounds each at the large unknown face that stood before us for a moment. His eyes glazing over and dark blood gargled out of his mouth and the life left his face, then he dropped face forward onto the ground.

His gun landing a metre away from my feet and I stepped forward to pick it up, “Thanks,” I muttered down at the dead man and tucked it into one of my empty straps on my thigh.

All was good in that moment, until a second later when some wanker caught us both of guard and fired off a round of bullets in our direction. Pain burst through my skin as my right shoulder was hit and a scream left my mouth.

Dougy roared some profanities as he went all gun crazy on the dude, killing him ten times over and then finally throwing his empty gun at the man’s dead body before he stormed over and booted him a few times...for good measure.

“Chill out, I'm fine, just a fleshy,” I grunted against the pain as I held my hand over my bleeding wound and watched my brother with shock.

Dougy stopped laying into the guy and stood still, breathing heavily and I watched his shoulder rising and falling for a minute until he slowly turned to look at me, his face hard and his eyes even harder, “I won’t lose you again Lee, I just won’t.”

Phil words of how his wounds will probably never fully heal echoed inside my head as I watched Dougy fighting an inner battle with himself, one that I had caused and in that moment, I knew I had made the wrong choice.

There was just no going back on it now; I just had to keep myself alive tonight for his sake, for all of their sakes.

Giving him a tight smile, I released my hold on the wound. I blocked out the sharp pain burning my arm the best I could and walked towards him, patting him on the back a little, “Let’s go kill them all then,” I muttered and took off back out into the open, guns in both hands as I fired like a crazed person.

Something inside of me snapped. Right up until this moment I wasn’t acting like myself, I was acting weird, almost scared of a battle that I had started...but now I knew this was happening with or without my involvement and that my family where here, fighting against the people I had managed to severely piss off when I wasn’t with them.

They were fighting my battle despite how clear I had made it for them all to not get involved. They had my back even though I never asked for it, they were here and they were only here because of me and that pissed me off.

It pissed me off that they were most likely all fighting this battle with one thought at the back of their mind ‘will Leila die tonight?’ Firing off shot after shot at any figure that moved within my eyesight, I gave my family a silent answer ‘No, I will not die tonight.’

Sweat was dripping down the side of my face; my heart was beating like crazy inside of my chest as I chased down some idiot who thought he could throw a grenade in my direction. One hand was held out in front of me as I pulled the trigger of my gun over, and over again, throwing it away angrily as it clicked empty and retrieved a new one.

I was starting to run out of weapons and was going to have to hunt some more down very soon. I’ve lost track of how many weapons I have already gone through or how many lives I have taken tonight, I’ve also lost track of where my family are all at. I have even lost Eddie and Darcy; actually, I haven’t even seen Eddie since I walked away from them all and the last time I heard Darcy was when I was with Dougy.

Mia was currently running a few metres behind me, taking out anyone and everyone, a furious expression on her face since she had been wounded thirty minutes ago and was not over the fact that someone got the drop on her.

Me on the other hand, I looked like death warmed up, I just knew it and that was without the help of a mirror to confirm my belief. I could feel pain all over my body from multiple wounds, mostly just small gashes or cuts, my shoulder being the worst of it all right now.

Exhaustion was starting to kick in, I could feel it but my adrenalin wasn’t permitting it to take over, which I was grateful for. The last thing I needed right now was to run out of steam and be left for the vultures to come pick me off.

A single bullet hit the back of the guy’s head, jolting him forward and then down to the ground like a sack of potatoes as his life vanished within a matter of mere seconds, but I didn’t stop running. Not only were Mia and I chasing people, Blaze included in this because I knew he was further ahead, but we were being chased ourselves.

Sliding around the corner of a container, my shoes dug into the dirt, spraying it up into a cloud of dust and I kept on running, hoping Mia would just follow my lead or at least stay safe if she decided to take a different route to me. I was aiming for the main gates of the docks, the big electronic wire fences where Blaze was trying to make his escape.

His plan was to go retrieve Conner, not that he even had a bloody clue where Baden had left the kid. Hell, I don’t even know where he left the kid. All I know is that Conner is not here and Blaze realised that quick enough, so now he plans to find him.

The loud sounds of a dirt bike being revved caught my attention above all the gunfire and constant shouting – no one was being stealthy with their locations anymore, it was full on chaos now. Looking up at the sides of the container, I made the split second decision to climb up and get the drop of the bike rider, hearing that it was coming in my direction.

Crouching just on the edge of the top of the container, I watched down below for the rider to come into view. First, a figure came barrelling around the corner and run full bolt towards where I had been standing not even a minute ago. Then the bike became clear along with a figure riding on top of it as it flew around the corner, the bake tyre sliding along the dirt before the driver righted it up and chased down the running man.

Flashes of light blasted as bullets were fired from a hand held automatic, I watched as the man dropped to the ground still as a lump of wood and the driver slammed the brakes on, coming to a stop right alongside it before he climbed off. Letting the bike idle as he shoved the dead body out of his way, gruntingin the process.

As he walked back to the bike, I took this as my opportunity to drop down on him. Jumping to my feet, I then stepped off the edge and fell quietly through the air until pain hit my legs as I landed feet first on the guys back. Sending him flying forward, and into his bike, knocking it over in the process, as I rolled to the side. Groaning slightly while reaching for my last gun strapped to the side of my leg.

“Mongrel,” the guy hissed and jumped to his feet at the same time I did, both of us with guns drawn and aimed at each other’s heads.

My eyes widened as I took in his face, “Caveman?”

“Leila?” he asked back, just as shocked and I laughed a little.

Lowering my gun, “Didn’t think you were coming?”

He also lowered his gun and rubbed his lower back as he looked me up and down, “I wasn’t, but Amberly is freaking out too much over all of you and the stress isn’t good for her.”

Nodding a little, “Won’t she now be freaking out over you too?”

He shrugged casually, “Most likely, but that girl is persistent when she wants something,” he chuckled and then his face turned more serious, “If I asked you to leave now and go be with her, would you?”

My smile fell and guilt immediately tore at my chest, but I slowly shook my head, “I can’t abandon everyone to deal with my fight...I’ll go see her the second this has finished.”

Jeff smiled slightly, “She has big news, we both do actually – so stay alive long enough to hear it.”

“Why don’t you tell me now?” I asked, smirking a little as I tilted my head to the side, catching my breath during my little break because I knew within the next minute or two I was going to run off again and jump back into getting shot at.

He chuckled loudly, and walked over to this bike, picking it up off the ground and climbing in top of it. Jeff pointed down at it as he looked back up to me, “This better start still,” he warned and then turned the ignition, it cut out for the first two times but on the third it roared to life and I sighed a small breath of relief.

“The news now?” I cocked an eyebrow.

Jeff grinned over at me, such a rare sight for silent serial killer behaviour Jeff, “She’s pregnant,”he gave a small nod of ‘see-ya later’ and drove off, leaving me stunned beyond words.

“Wow,” I muttered, shaking my head free and started jogging down the rows. I definitely have to stay alive now, this kid is going to need my good influence so it doesn’t grow up to be like it’s father.

Swearing loudly to myself as I bolted for safety as a spray of bullets came flying in my direction, I slammed the office doro behind myself and started running for the stairs. Everyone knows oging up in a horro flick dosn’t work well for the person, but this isn’t a movie and I wasn’t chicken to jump out of a second story window if need be.

Mia was right behind me, baracading the door as much as she could without wasting too much time, “They never give up do they?” she scareame din anger and she took to the sitars, barrelling up them as I reached the top level.

Glancing all around, there was absolutlye nothing of use to us here. I was hoping for some kind of miracle and maybe finding a large stash of guns, but there was a landline phoene sitting on top of a messy paper covered desk.

Rushing over to it as Mia ran around all the windows, checking for the easiest and safest way out, I picked up the handset and dialled a familiar number. My breathing hard and fast as I listened to the ringing tone and muttered ‘pick up’ over and again impatiently until his voice finally yelled down the receiver.

“Who the hell is this?” Dougy demanded and I heard the odd sound of gunfire behind me and relief filled my body at the sound of his voice and Phil’s in the background.

“It’s me – I'm out of weapons, meet me outside the front gates as soon as you can, Blaze got away already so we’re taking this to the streets,” I rushed, turning around in shock as the sound of the door downstairs was smashed open and loud angry voices flooded the room.

“Lee, where are you now?” Dougy asked immediately, panic in his tone.

“Crap, it doesn’t matter, where moving on right now – meet me there ASAP though!” I shouted down the line before dropping the handset to the ground and bolted over to where Mia had pried a window open. I wasted no time in climbing through, only standing on the tiny ledge for a split second as I glanced down at the ground below and jumped, knowing she would follow immediately.

Landing down hard on the soles of my feet, I cringed and clenched my teeth together at the same time. Dropping to the side and rolling my body along the rough cement, in my attempt to lessen the impact of my fall, my mind was in a frenzy. Pain was screaming at me from all over my body, particularly from my right shoulder where a little metal bullet is lodged in my skin – if they guy had been standing closer, it would gone right on through.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 77 7
This is a Hinny love story taking place in another timeline. Harry didn't meet Ginny before he was 21 years old. He never went to Hogwarts, Dumbledor...
98.6K 7.4K 47
[Complete] Isla Halloran has dreamed of visiting her father's birthplace, Merrow Island, since she was a child. Her grandfather would fill her head w...
491K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
247K 14.7K 22
Nina Belmonte knows her way around death. As the daughter of skin witches lost in a magical catastrophe when she was just a baby, she grew up used to...