Dugout Girl

Door pilms_4

Twenty year old Lucy Martin has been proving herself to the MLB world. Being the younger sister of Russell Ma... Meer

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Five

4.3K 62 4
Door pilms_4

Once David and I finished our meal we left for his apartment. His roommate moved out last month because he graduated.

"It's been a while since I've been here," I told him.

"Yeah since last year when the Jays wanted you and you left because Russell was on the team," he said setting my suitcase down.

"Yeah I know, but I don't know about that job anymore. It's just getting complicated. And it's not even worth the money anymore," I said sitting down on the couch.

"Hey its okay, I'm here for you Luce, and if you need a place to stay, I'm always just a call or text away," he said sitting beside me and hugging me.

I started to cry because if I did decide to leave the Blue Jays, I don't know how I would cope with that.

"I don't know what to do David, I'm so stuck. And last night, Ryan didn't use protection. So when I was saying goodbye to the guys I held out the package of morning after pills and he just nodded his head. Oh David I should never have did what I did last night," I cried into his shoulder.

"Lucy, things happen for a reason, and he was either a lesson or a blessin' and the way things are going maybe he's a lesson. It's okay to feel these things Lucy, you're only human, but I just want you to know that no matter what I'm always here for you. Just take these couple of weeks and think things through. And I'll support your decision no matter what, and I'm pretty sure the guys will too."

I looked at him. "Thank you David," I told him wiping my eyes.

"Anything for you bestie," he said laughing.

"David we called each other besties in like elementary school ," I said laughing too.

"We didn't know each other in elementary school," he pointed out.

"True. So how's lifeguarding been latley," I asked him.

"Pretty slow so far. Which surprises me because it's June and hot outside."

"Yeah I still remember when I met you at camp. Where you lived for ten weeks to lifeguard three camps," I said remembering when I left that first camp and he gave me a hug. And only me.

"I remember that too Loud Lucy," he told me bringing up the name game we played when everyone was there.

"Alright then David," I said laughing.

"Come on its getting late, I'll set you up in the guest room," he said grabbing both of my suitcases and showing me to the guest room.

"Thanks David, I'll see you tomorrow," I said easing the door shut.

"Goodnight Lucy," he said and then I heard him pad down the hall.

|||||||||

"Lucy!" A voice whisper yelled at me and I woke up. I didn't know where I was. I then realized I was in bed. But not my bed. David was laying beside me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"My room," he stated.

"How did I get here? Oh my god was I sleepwalking again?"

"Yeah I think so," he said yawning.

"I'll see you in the morning," I said moving to get out of bed. But David grabbed my hand.

"No you can stay here if you want," he said and I layed back down. David and I used to sleep in the same bed as each other when we were teenagers.

He pulled me into his side and I fell asleep almost instantly.

|||||||||

My two weeks with David were over too quick. But I got to see him graduate and get his X ring. That was the highlight of the whole visit.

"I'm going to miss you a lot David, you come visit me in Toronto, but I guess if everything goes right I'll be back next month to get my X ring," I said hugging him in the airport.

"I'm going to miss you too Lucy. I'll see where work takes me so I guess you never really know, and I hope to see you walking across that stage Luce," he said hugging me back.

I let go and then he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back, and it felt right.

"I'll miss you," I said again.

"Me too, have a safe flight and text me when you land," he said.

"I will," I said as I approached security.

I hugged him one more time and then walked through security and onto the plane.

The flight wasn't that long and I was back in Toronto before I knew it.

I stepped off the plane and grabbed my bags and stepped out into the Toronto atmosphere.

I hailed a taxi and walked into my apartment for the first time in two weeks.

I raided my cupboards and decided I needed food. I walked to McDonald's and bought a double Big Mac and an oreo McFlurry then hit the nearest Kmart.

I bought mostly junk food because David is a health nut and made me eat healthy for two weeks.

I walked back home hands extremely full and could hardly open my apartment door. And before I could get it unlocked I dropped my keys.

I mumbled some very inappropriate words and set all of my bags down and unlocked my door.

I went to grab my bags but Ryan was standing there with all of my bags in his hands.

"Thank you," I said as we walked into my apartment.

"Not a problem, but I think we need to talk," he told me sitting down at my kitchen island.

"Yes we do," I agreed taking out my food McDonald's.

"Did you take those morning after pills?"

"I did, I just cannot get pregnant right now, I'm only twenty one now and I'm sorry for taking the pills but I'm not ready," I told him.

"It's okay, I totally understand. I'm twenty eight and I'm not ready either. I mean we haven't even found someone to settle down with," he explained.

I tried to push the thought of settling down with someone other than him out of my mind.

"You're right, I want to settle down with someone before I have their kids."

"Oh and Lucy? I did use a condom, but I didn't expect you to remember. You were pretty drunk," he said.

"Yeah I don't really remember a whole lot. But did I- did I uh, oh god how do I put this, um," I said not knowing how to put my sentence together.

"Consent? Yes you did. We were both drunk and we didn't really know what we were doing, but I don't exactly regret it either."

"Me either. I don't think I could ever regret anything like that. It was a lot to take in, yes but I went to Nova Scotia and cleared my mind," I told him. I willed myself to not cry by pinching my leg.

"Can I have a hug? You kind of freaked me out when you went to Nova Scotia. I thought something was terribly wrong," he said standing up.

"Of course," I said walking into his arms.

We stayed like that for a while. I didn't want to leave his arms. He smelled nice too.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Can you?" I asked.

"Of course," he said walking me over to the couch.

He just sat there with me on his lap, while he rubbed my back. I just let myself drift off to sleep.

|||||||||

I woke with a start. The TV was on and I was still with Ryan. I smiled.

"How long was I out?" I asked yawning.

"A couple hours," he said looking at me.

"A couple hours?" I asked again in disbelief.

"Yeah, I didn't want to wake you up, you seemed pretty tired."

"I was," I said snuggling into him again. It was kind of chilly in here for a June day.

I grabbed the blanket at the end of the couch and covered up in it. But then my bladder decided that I had to pee. I groaned and sat up then went to the bathroom.

I came back and Ryan was snuggling in my blanket. I laughed and went to my room and grabbed my favourite blanket.

"That's not fair that blanket looks warmer," he joked.

"I can share this blanket if you want," I said sitting next to him.

"No that's okay, I should probably be heading out anyways, but thanks for having me over," he said standing up.

"Not a problem, can I have a hug?"

"Do you really have to ask?" He said opening his arms.

I walked into his arms and wrapped mine around his waist. He still smelled so damn good. And maybe a little bit like my hair.

"See you later Luce," he said letting go.

"See you," I said letting go.

He smiled and walked out as I walked into my kitchen to eat all of the junk food I bought.

And it was oh so good but I was going to be oh so sick tonight after eating it all.

I heard my phone go off and went to see that it was David.

David: Call me?
Me: Yeah, is something wrong?
David: Can you just call?

So I called him.

"David what's wrong?" I demanded when he picked up.

"Lucy, it's about Mary and my parents. They're dead,"

A/N: Ohhhh suspense! Sorry for the long wait I'm trying to get ready to go to Alberta for 9 days, but lucky for you I don't leave until the 9th! So hopefully I'll get one or two more updates done before then because I don't think I'll have access to WiFi out there because it's a Girl Guide camp! And hopefully I'll have time to work on chapters out there so I can update for you when I get back!
Thanks for understanding!
Lucy💕

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

14.5K 158 19
This is an FTRS Jilly (Gilly and Jax) Au where the gang is 15-16ish but the story starts a few weeks after the actual series ends. Gilly and Jax were...
241K 14.4K 65
Tommy Sallow is onto better and brighter things. After working a small hometown beat in upstate New York, he's finally in sunny California. As expect...
36K 854 14
TRIGGER Warning: This story contains NON-CONSENT/ PHYSICAL ABUSE/ VERBAL ABUSE/ STOCKHOLM SYNDROME/SELF HARM. Kenise Shepard was perfect for him. He...
345K 9.9K 49
For Rachel Beckett the Olympics was a huge defining moment in her life, something she had been working tirelessly towards since she was five years ol...