Secret Malfoy - Dramione fanf...

By THGHPforever14

Eighteen years ago, Hermione Granger caught her boyfriend Ronald Weasley cheating on her. She vanished from t... More

New Beginning
Ginevra Molly Potter
Meeting Mrs Malfoy
Old Acquaintances
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Dear Old Ronald Weasley
Photographic Memory
Salad Cream Conditioner
A Weasel and a Swan
A Barwoman's hopes
The Reunion Part 1
The Reunion Part 2
Merry Christmas
A Very Weasley Christmas
2018
The Apology
The Name Game
A Psycho called Dolohov
Azkaban
The Fight
Dolohov Manor
Wives Know Best
Epilogue

The Daily Prophet

30.3K 645 418
By THGHPforever14

A/N: I'm back! So after a very hectic year with a lot of personal issues and exams, I finally felt ready to write again, so here is the next chapter of Secret Malfoy. I hope you guys all enjoy it and thank you so much for all your support over the past year, since I last updated, it has been amazing and I cannot believe how popular this fanfiction has become! But that's all up to you guys so thank you so so much! Enjoy the chapter:) And please don't hate me after you finish it, I promise it will all get better in the end!! x

THE DAILY PROPHET

9th MAY 2018

Hermione had been back with her family for a week. They were staying at Grimmauld Place with Harry and Ginny for now. Although back, Hermione was suffering from shock and lack of food and sleep. Draco needed the company and so did the children so naturally, the Potters were the ones to go to.

"I'm going to take up some breakfast for Hermione, would you like to come Draco?" Ginny asked, picking up a tray laden with porridge and pumpkin juice. Draco shook his head, stretching and getting up from the table.

"I won't. If you don't mind I might catch up on a bit of sleep?" he said. Ginny nodded, her boss had been up all night (most nights) watching his wife, worried that one morning he might wake up and she'll be gone again. He only managed to sleep when he was absolutely certain that somebody was upstairs keeping an eye on Hermione, namely Ginny.

"Go ahead mate," Harry said, looking up from the Daily Prophet he was reading. "You deserve a decent rest."

Draco smiled and disappeared. Ginny went upstairs to see Hermione. She waved goodbye to her husband before she vanished.

Harry set the Prophet down, picking up his briefcase to pack up some documents he'd been reviewing last night for work. He was still going into work at the moment, working on the Dolohov case in order to make sure there weren't any other 'resurrected' Death Eaters walking the streets of London, looking for revenge. He was happy to investigate into Hermione's capture, desperate to hunt down any of Dolohov's follows and ruin Dolohov once and for all, but he sometimes wished he could stay at home for a longer amount of time. He knew Draco was struggling, just as in shock as Hermione and anxious for his children's safety. Of course, nobody knew they were at the Potter's house, but Harry was certain 12 Grimmauld Place would be the second place any Death Eater would look after failing at Malfoy Manor.

On top of his best friend's problems, he also had Rita Skeeter's nose snooping about his business and the woman herself had been sticking to him like glue. She had followed him all the way to the Auror's office yesterday when he was in deep conversation with Ron, her green quill rushing to catch up with her as she sped after him. He'd eventually had Dean escort her out of the office and back to her own floor.

The reason he was checking the Daily Prophet so regularly was just incase she had heard something and decided to put it into her gossip section. The Potters and the Malfoys had made an agreement that they would not announce Hermione's capture to the rest of the wizarding world until it was completely necessary, most likely during a closer date to Dolohov's trial. Hermione was not one for attention and although Draco didn't mind the limelight, he didn't want his family's business broadcasted to the world. Ginny had wholeheartedly and punctually agreed with her boss and close friend - even running her fingers over her lips in a locking motion and throwing away the invisible key - and Harry, also known for not enjoying attention after the years of hassle it had caused him, also nodded, refusing to tell anybody.

Of course, that was very difficult when the Daily Prophet's top reporter followed him everywhere.

He floo-ed to work today, finding it easier to avoid Rita when he arrived in the flow of everyone else. The Ministry was bustling with wizards arriving for work and Harry managed to manoeuvre his way into a group of wizards he knew worked in the Treatment of Magical Creatures department. Their floor was just above his so he would be able to sneak out of the elevator without Skeeter even realising he had arrived yet.

He bumped into Dean coming out of the adjacent elevator when he reached his floor.

"Hey Harry," Dean said, falling into step beside his boss. "Did you manage to look at those documents last night?"

Harry, whose seeker senses were keeping an eye out for any suspicious looking winged beetles, nodded distantly. Dean waved a hand in front of his face.

"You okay Harry? You look a little distracted?"

"It's Skeeter, I've been avoiding her for the past week. It wasn't just the day you escorted her out."

"She's still bothering you?" Dean asked with raised eyebrows. "Why don't you let Kingsley know?"

Harry snorted. "I don't think the Minister of Magic had time to worry about my reporter harassment. He has other things to worry about, like Death Eaters."

"True," Dean nodded in understanding, "But if she does become a real problem it's probably best to let security know, maybe they can get someone to guard the door to the Auror office, or the entrance to our department."

"She's an authorised animagus now, she can get into anywhere." Harry sighed, entering his office and dumping some paperwork onto his desk. Ron was already sat at his, Harry had moved Ron back into his office since they were on better terms now and were currently working on the Dolohov case together.

"Anything else on the case?" Ron asked his boss. Harry shook his head, dismissing Dean with a smile who returned to his own office across the hall.

"Not since yesterday, for now we just need to make sure it isn't broadcasted across the whole of the wizarding community. I spoke to Draco last night and he said it would better for his business, and more importantly his family, if everything was kept under wraps." He stated, throwing a copy of the Daily Prophet across the office at Ron, who caught it with ease. "And that means keeping an eye out for our little friend, Rita Skeeter."

Ron nodded in understanding, he knew about Skeeter's animagus form, since it had caused problems for him during his time at Hogwarts as well as Hermione and Harry.

"She knows we're working on something, she's been following me around like a puppy dog." Ron said, tucking the Daily Prophet into his desk drawer.

"Dean mentioned getting some Security on the doors, I'm sure Kingsley would agree. He's a big fan of Hermione's."

"It's worth a shot," Ron shrugged, retrieving the file he had been reading from Dolohov's time in Azkaban and opening it.

Neither men noticed the near silent buzz of wings flapping together as they continued with their research.

***

"I come baring pumpkin juice and porridge," Ginny called from the doorway as she entered the room Hermione was staying in. Hermione was sat up in her bed, reading one of her favourite muggle novels as her friend entered the room. She looked up, a weak smile on her face. Ginny was so proud of her friend and had a lot of respect for her. She had been so strong this past week and looked almost ready to get up and start living her life again, aside from the fact that she was seven months pregnant.

"Thank you Ginny, I really appreciate it."

"Draco would have come but he's totally shattered, he's gone to catch up on some sleep in one of the guest rooms," Ginny supplied, setting the tray of food and drink on Hermione's lap. She picked up the glass of pumpkin juice, greedily gulping it down.

"I don't blame him," Hermione smiled contently at the thought of her husband sitting by her beside all day and most of the night. He deserved some sleep after the tough weeks he had been through.

There was a knock at the door and it slowly opened to reveal Eva.

"Hey mum," she said timidly. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?"

"Not at all," Ginny replied, standing up so that Eva could sit down on the bed next to her mother. "I'll come back in a couple of minutes," and with that she not-so-subtly left the room, leaving Eva and Hermione to talk. The second Ginny was gone, Eva pulled her mum into a hug.

"How are you?" She asked, her voice muffled in her mother's neck. Hermione stroked Eva's hair gently, a soft smile on her face.

"I'm fine. I'm glad you're here though, I haven't seen you for a couple of days."

"I've been keeping an eye on Quinn and Astrum, and Hyperion as well actually. Making sure he keeps on top of his school work."

Hermione rose an eyebrow, chuckling slightly. "You are so much like me. I hope you've also been keeping an eye on your father?"

Eva nodded, pulling away and settling down next to her mother. "Of course, I've been making sure he's eating all his meals. You know, his five a day and all that."

Hermione laughed, leaning forward to kiss Eva's cheek. "I'm proud of you, you know. You're so grown up."

Eva shrugged. "I'm the oldest, I have to keep an eye on everyone."

"Well, maybe. But remember that you are still a child. You have feelings as well Eva, you don't always have to look after everyone else. Think about yourself for once." Hermione suggested, nudging Eva in the shoulder playfully. Eva laughed.

"I'll try mum." She grinned. "I better go, I'm pretty sure Aunt Ginny is stood outside the door with her ear pressed up against it, waiting for me to go so that she can start mothering you again."

Hermione laughed, her brown eyes lighting up for the first time in weeks. "You're probably right. Next time you come to visit me, bring your brother and sisters, yes?"

"I'll drag them in, you need to chastise Hyperion on his workload. He'll take it more seriously coming from you." She replied, kissing Hermione on the cheek before leaving the room. Sure enough, she bumped into Ginny on the way out, who sent her a slightly guilty smile which proved she had indeed been listening in at the door.

Hermione smiled to herself as Ginny entered her room again, she was so proud of her family.

***

16th MAY 2018

Draco slammed his copy of the Daily Prophet onto the kitchen table angrily, practically seething at the content of the front page.

THE MALFOYS ONCE AGAIN LAND THEMSELVES IN BAD BLOOD WITH THE DARK SIDE

Hermione Malfoy, part saviour of the Wizarding World and muggleborn wife to ex-Death Eater, Draco Malfoy. Has recently been returned home after being captured from her home of Malfoy Manor, Wiltshire in February. Her captor? Antonio Dolohov, escape convict from Azkaban and once upon a time, fellow Death Eater alongside her husband. Head Auror, Harry Potter - a close friend of Hermione and the Malfoy family itself - announced that they are currently investigating Dolohov's ties to other Death Eaters, and that Dolohov's trial should be in a matter of months, since he has all by admitted to being guilty of the crimes he has committed. Turn to page 7 for more from Harry Potter and his Auror partner, Ronald Weasley.

He could not believe this. Harry had promised to both him and Hermione that he would not announce the true story behind Hermione's disappearance until at least after Dolohov's trial, in order for Hermione to avoid attention and to keep his family safe. And here he was announcing, to the Daily Prophet no less, details of Dolohov's trial, something they had not even discussed with Hermione, who would be a key witness. He had placed all his trust in the Potter family over the past few months, with Ginny and Victoire practically taking over his company for him while he and Hermione were otherwise engaged. Relying on Harry to lead the search for his wife alongside that imbecile, Weasley - who his wife had only just forgiven a mere month before her disappearance, and had now told the Daily Prophet more about Hermione's capture. He felt betrayed. Harry Potter had betrayed his family's wishes.

Hermione was up and about now, meaning that they were no longer staying with the Potters. They were back at Malfoy Manor, although both Draco and the Ministry had increased the wards around the Manor. Eva and Hyperion had returned to Hogwarts in order to finish the rest of their year at the school itself, rather than work being sent from their teachers. Despite their family finally starting to go back to normal, aside from Hermione's obvious pregnancy, Harry and Ginny still visited them most days. Harry to give them a background check on the Dolohov trial, and Ginny to keep Draco up to date with what was going on at Malfoy Industries. Well, that would all change now.

There was a knock at the door. Draco heard Hermione open the door, trying to keep Astrum calm as the Potters entered the house. Draco just kept staring at the front page of the Daily Prophet, the words 'ex-Death Eater' echoing in his mind. Hermione offered them tea and the couple agreed whole-heartedly, following his wife into the kitchen where he was still sat at the table. He didn't look at them.

"I'm just glad Eva and Hyperion felt ready to go back to school. It will do them good to spend their last months of the school year with their friends." Hermione said, pulling mugs from the cupboard and putting a teabag in each one.

"I know, James and Albus have been asking for them for weeks. Sending letter after letter, wondering when they were coming back," Ginny answered with a chuckle.

Harry sat down next to Draco, peering over his shoulder to look at the Prophet. Draco's hand dug further into his pocket, where his wand was.

"What's that Draco?"

"The new Daily Prophet," Draco replied through gritted teeth. He lifted his head, his eyes narrowed dangerously.

"Oh, anything good? I haven't seen it yet."

Draco snorted cruelly. "Anything good? Are you having a laugh? Aside from your little outburst to Skeeter about Hermione's disappearance, not a lot. No." His voice rose with each word, and he eventually finished stood up, glaring down at Harry venomously. Hermione and Ginny stood next to the brewing kettle, shocked.

"What?" Harry finally spluttered.

"Don't act so innocent, Potter," - the use of the surname made Harry wince - "You told Skeeter about Hermione and now it's all over the news. We trusted you."

Harry was looking at Draco as if he had grown two heads. "What are you on about? I never said anything to the prophet, let alone Rita Skeeter." He growled defensively, trying to prove his point. Draco only barked out a single, harsh laugh.

"Oh yeah, okay. Then explain this." He thrust the paper into Harry's face. Ginny was immediately by his side, both she and her husband reading the article with astonished faces. Ginny was the first to finish, turning to her husband with a disappointed look on her face.

"Harry?"

"This wasn't me Ginny, I promised Hermione and Draco I wouldn't say anything. I mean I did say this stuff, but to Ron. In private. It's Skeeter, she's an animagus and..." he attempted to plead, more so with Draco and Hermione than with his own wife. Draco rolled his eyes, still glaring at Harry with disgust.

"Get out of my house."

"What?"

"I said get out! I trusted you to not tell anyone about this, we both did! And yet it ended up in the prophet, for everyone to see. Despite your excuses, it still managed to make front page." He bellowed, Hermione left the counter, where she was halfway through making tea, to stand next to her fiery husband.

"Draco, maybe this isn't their fault, you know what Rita Skeeter is like."

"But she still heard it. He shouldn't have been talking about this to anybody but you Hermione." He turned to Ginny, who looked to be in near tears. "And you, I depended on you to look after my company but after this, I don't want you there anymore."

"Draco!" Hermione warned, but he ignored her.

Ginny was looking at him warily. "What are you saying? Are you saying that I'm..." she trailed off, afraid of the answer.

"Fired? Yes. You're fired."

"Draco, you're only saying this stuff because you're angry. Sit down, have some tea, relax, and then we can talk about this together, as friends." Hermione tried to reassure, he brushed her off.

"We're not friends with them. We never were, and we never will be."

The hurt on the Potters face almost made Draco go back on himself, but he stood his ground. All of this mess had happened when they had befriended the Potters. If they had just left he and his family alone non of this would have happened.

Slowly, Ginny took hold of her husband's hand and pulled him out of the room.

"I think we should go," she told him, guiding him out of the kitchen and towards the main door. Hermione was still in shock, her husband's outbreak bringing back all the bad memories she had of Harry and Ginny cutting her out of their lives for good all those years ago. Ginny looked at her woefully but she only turned away. Draco was right, they weren't their friends. They had betrayed her once before and they had done it again. They would never be her friends.

***

A/N 2: Super sorry about Draco's anger! Just remember he's been through a lot and I thought it would be good for Hermione to question her friendship with Ginny and Harry (since it kind of happened so quickly). I also hope you enjoyed the Hermione/Eva, mother/daughter talk, it kind of has some personal meanings to me and I thought it would be adorable to write!

See you very soon with the next chapter (I promise, and this time I mean it!)

Emma x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 899 31
Evangeline Potter was overlooked all her life due to her brother. Her brother is gone and now a new marriage law is passed and her life will change f...
17.8K 314 13
Please leave a comment and vote to let me know what you think of the story! <3 _________________________________________ Hermione and her friends re...
7.5K 152 20
after the war Hermione Granger goes back to Hogwarts to continue her 7th year along with harry potter and ginny weasley. but what happens when she ma...
193K 2.3K 26
"You married who?" 19 years ago Ron cheated on Hermione.She left her job at the ministry and found her true love at her new job.