The Daily Prophet

A/N: I'm back! So after a very hectic year with a lot of personal issues and exams, I finally felt ready to write again, so here is the next chapter of Secret Malfoy. I hope you guys all enjoy it and thank you so much for all your support over the past year, since I last updated, it has been amazing and I cannot believe how popular this fanfiction has become! But that's all up to you guys so thank you so so much! Enjoy the chapter:) And please don't hate me after you finish it, I promise it will all get better in the end!! x

THE DAILY PROPHET

9th MAY 2018

Hermione had been back with her family for a week. They were staying at Grimmauld Place with Harry and Ginny for now. Although back, Hermione was suffering from shock and lack of food and sleep. Draco needed the company and so did the children so naturally, the Potters were the ones to go to.

"I'm going to take up some breakfast for Hermione, would you like to come Draco?" Ginny asked, picking up a tray laden with porridge and pumpkin juice. Draco shook his head, stretching and getting up from the table.

"I won't. If you don't mind I might catch up on a bit of sleep?" he said. Ginny nodded, her boss had been up all night (most nights) watching his wife, worried that one morning he might wake up and she'll be gone again. He only managed to sleep when he was absolutely certain that somebody was upstairs keeping an eye on Hermione, namely Ginny.

"Go ahead mate," Harry said, looking up from the Daily Prophet he was reading. "You deserve a decent rest."

Draco smiled and disappeared. Ginny went upstairs to see Hermione. She waved goodbye to her husband before she vanished.

Harry set the Prophet down, picking up his briefcase to pack up some documents he'd been reviewing last night for work. He was still going into work at the moment, working on the Dolohov case in order to make sure there weren't any other 'resurrected' Death Eaters walking the streets of London, looking for revenge. He was happy to investigate into Hermione's capture, desperate to hunt down any of Dolohov's follows and ruin Dolohov once and for all, but he sometimes wished he could stay at home for a longer amount of time. He knew Draco was struggling, just as in shock as Hermione and anxious for his children's safety. Of course, nobody knew they were at the Potter's house, but Harry was certain 12 Grimmauld Place would be the second place any Death Eater would look after failing at Malfoy Manor.

On top of his best friend's problems, he also had Rita Skeeter's nose snooping about his business and the woman herself had been sticking to him like glue. She had followed him all the way to the Auror's office yesterday when he was in deep conversation with Ron, her green quill rushing to catch up with her as she sped after him. He'd eventually had Dean escort her out of the office and back to her own floor.

The reason he was checking the Daily Prophet so regularly was just incase she had heard something and decided to put it into her gossip section. The Potters and the Malfoys had made an agreement that they would not announce Hermione's capture to the rest of the wizarding world until it was completely necessary, most likely during a closer date to Dolohov's trial. Hermione was not one for attention and although Draco didn't mind the limelight, he didn't want his family's business broadcasted to the world. Ginny had wholeheartedly and punctually agreed with her boss and close friend - even running her fingers over her lips in a locking motion and throwing away the invisible key - and Harry, also known for not enjoying attention after the years of hassle it had caused him, also nodded, refusing to tell anybody.

Of course, that was very difficult when the Daily Prophet's top reporter followed him everywhere.

He floo-ed to work today, finding it easier to avoid Rita when he arrived in the flow of everyone else. The Ministry was bustling with wizards arriving for work and Harry managed to manoeuvre his way into a group of wizards he knew worked in the Treatment of Magical Creatures department. Their floor was just above his so he would be able to sneak out of the elevator without Skeeter even realising he had arrived yet.