Sing It For the World

By TradeMistakes

Mikayla is transferred to Performing Arts Prep. She has the talent of writing and art but soon discovers anot... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 20

1.2K 11 0
By TradeMistakes

~Mikayla~

"So how'd it go?" I asked Jason as he was the first to come in. I thought they would come in the afternoon so it felt awkward since Aiden was here playing video games with me but Jason didn't even notice as he just walked right to his room.

"Had a crappy Thanksgiving, made Lizlee stop crying, and disowned a sister. Same ol' same ol'." He answered. I stared after him confused. Is that what he calls a life?

"How'd it go?" I asked Jacob as he came in second. This dude just ignored me and went straight to my room. Well then. I'm not even gonna ask what he's doing in my room. Probably expecting to see Lizlee there but I guess he'll just wait. Just hope he doesn't wait on my bed I heard he's gassy. No I'm serious.

"You gonna tell me how it went or just ignore me too?" I asked Carson as he walked in with his suitcases as well. I noticed Aiden kept quiet through out the whole time. Carson stopped and noticed Aiden.

"Don't even ask. So how'd it go?" I asked rephrasing my earlier question.

"Well I almost got disowned by my mom for 'breaking a girl's heart' that I never went out with but otherwise it was good." He responded. I arched my eyebrow but decided not to ask.

"What's up with everyone getting disowned?" I said more to myself. Then Carson left to his room. The last to come in was Lizlee. She was struggling to get her suitcase up the step but finally made it and stopped right in front of us. She didn't say anything but walked into our room with dignity.

"Well she took that much better than I expected." I told Aiden. Then we heard her yell in frustration.

"Spoke to soon." I muttered. Aiden looked worried but I ignored it. This was just Lizlee being herself.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" That's when Lizlee came out and exploded. Aiden and I sat up quickly and looked at each other panicked.

"Don't be mad at him he has a reason why he broke up with you." I started.

"That you guys are going out now?" She crossed her arms.

"No! Eww! Look, his dad made him." I finished.

"What do you mean his dad made him?" She asked less angry.

"Yes he somehow found out and then he threatened to send me back to England if I didn't break up with you and as much as I like you I didn't want to leave this school." He explained. While she stared at him on the verge of tears debating whether to believe him or not I went into my room.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked Jacob who was still in here.

"I was gonna talk to Lizlee but then she just came in here, yelled, and then went back out to shout some more." He replied.

"I don't care. Get out." I ordered. Just for that he stayed put even more. I sighed and then went back out to the guy's room.

"Can someone go get Jacob out of my room? He won't leave." I asked. Jason was in the computer desk using the computer while Carson was on his laptop on the top bunk that he shares with Jason. Jacob just has his own separate bed against the opposite wall.

Jason turned to look at me and then rolled his eyes while sighing.

"Man this guy has just gotten more complicated." Jason muttered while taking his headphones off and going for Jacob. I plopped down on the bottom bunk which was Jason, not leaving until I saw Jacob in his own damn room! I heard doors slamming and then it got quiet. I assumed it was Lizlee and Aiden. After I heard Jacob yelling and Jason beating him with a pillow.

Then out of nowhere Carson lands right in front of me. He laughs at the commotion outside and I soon joined along. I stood up since I felt really short compared to him and then I realized we were face-to-face which only made things more awkward.

"I'll just go help Jason get Jacob out of my room so bye." I said quickly and headed for the door but was stopped by Carson grabbing my wrist. I was pulled back to face him. Still I just didn't expect him to kiss me. Right when I was facing him again he just kissed me. I started responding but soon pushed him away.

"Why do you keep pushing me away?" He asked clearly disappointed.

"Because I don't want to mess this up." I answered not looking at him.

"What do you mean?" Now he asked with confusion.

"It means that I have trust issues which means I don't know if I could trust you which would only ruin our relationship." I replied. Suddenly the floor looked really interesting.

Carson just stayed quiet and walked out of his room, upset. I felt tears but did not let them come out.

~Jason~

I was coming back to my room since Jacob had followed Lizlee and Aiden out the door after she had stomped out with Aiden trailing her when I heard Mikayla confess that she had trust issues. I stood by the door listening and heard the slightest shake in her voice.

She really is a shell that won't crack. Then it got quiet and Carson left the room upset. Well what had happened before she had confessed that. I entered the room and found her about to sit on my bed but quickly stood up when she saw me. She ended up hitting her head with the top bunk.

"I didn't kiss Carson!" She confessed quickly.

"What?" I asked.

"What! Nothing!" She fidgeted.

"You can sit down. I don't mind." I told her before sitting down at the computer chair. Then I started downloading music. I put my earphones off and then took them off realizing it was rude since Mikayla kept staring at the wall with a troubled expression.

"Why do you have trust issues?" I asked her. She looked at me.

"I don't want to talk about it." She told me.

"You never do!" I pointed out while spinning the chair to face her.

"Because it's something that doesn't need to be brought up!" Mikayla retorted while getting up and heading out my room. Carson was probably in the living room watching t.v. or getting a snack to eat.

"Wait don't go. I'm sorry. You're right. It's none of my business so who am I to bring it up." I apologized. She stopped by the door with her back to me.

"It's okay." She forgave me and then came to look at the music I was downloading. She then took over my computer and went to my iTunes. Then she just left before shaking her head. What was that all about?

"Hey what was that?!" I yelled after her but she ignored me and fully disappeared.

~Lizlee~

"I believe you but like you said it was because your dad made you well I guess it's time to go." I told Aiden once we were outside in a calm tone.

"But I don't want to be away from you." Aiden told me.

"So the best way for that to happen was spend all your free time with Mikayla!" I retorted and I saw him flinch.

"No. During Thanksgiving Break we were both alone. You don't know how that is. To not spend a nice afternoon with your family around you enjoying a nice meal." He pointed out and then I felt guilty.

"Sorry. I don't know how that feels but still I think you should leave." I commented. He was about to say something when Jacob came out from behind me and told him to leave.

"She said leave!" He yelled. Aiden just looked pissed at him but then ran off when he saw a guard coming up behind us.

We quickly ran back to our dorm before he started questioning us.

"What the hell?!" I yelled at Jacob once we were inside.

"What the hell?!" This time it was Carson who said that. He was watching t.v. but obviously we weren't letting him hear. We both glared at him so he raise his hands in defeat and retrieved to his room.

"You shouldn't have gotten in my business! You're the one going out with Angela! Go bother her!" I growled.

"Well it looked like he wouldn't listen!" He fumed. I was gonna yell at him some more when we heard Mikayla shout.

"Hey! Shut up! I am trying to hear music but you guys keep yelling!" She yelled.

"Sorry." We both mumbled in unison and then Mikalya disappeared into our room. I soon followed so I wouldn't argue more with Jacob.

~Carson~

After I went back into the room I just got on my bed and laid down in frustration. Why vouldn't she just accept me. Does she not like me? Why does everything have to be so complicated?

Jason kept on looking at me while smirking each time.

"Dude stop doing that!" I told him.

"She doesn't trust you." I heard him mumble. I threw my pillow at him but then went back to laying down. I stared up at my ceiling.

This was a bad day I think for all of us and we had just gotten back like an hour before .I don't know how I would gain her trust but I was gonna do it even if we are just friends.

Then out of nowhere Aaron came in to our room. How did he even get into our dorm?

"What's up?! Did you miss me?!" Aaron asked excited.

"No." Jason answered flat. Then they started laughing. I just rolled my eyes at them and hoped Aaron wouldn't come up here. Actually I was hoping that he wouldn't know I was here.

"Where's Carson?" Aaron asked Jason.

"I don't know. He was actually upset because he kissed Mikayla and she rejected him since she has trust issues but I really think she doesn't like him at all." Jason explained.

"That's so not true!" I yelled.

"Oh there he is." Jason replied.

"Works every time." Aaron smiled enthusiastically.

~Angela~

I was back at my dorm and was glad for it. I shared with this girl but I never talked to her except when I really needed to. I even forget her names and I've been living with her for over a year.

After I dropped off my stuff I left to go find Olive. Now I needed her. She was gonna help me get into the file room and find Mikayla's records. She had problems and I knew she was hiding something and I was gonna find out what it was.

I got to Olive's dorm and knocked. She opened the door right away and I just barged in not waiting for her to invite me in.

"What do you want now?" She asked clearly annoyed.

"Don't you give me that tone or else I swear I will tell everyone that you tried seducing Carson but failed miserably. And remember I did tape the whole thing." I threatened her.

"Sorry. Need me for something?" She corrected herself and I smiled in victory. At least I was still able to manipulate people.

"I need you to help me break in the file room. I still don't know but first you are gonna help me memorize the principal and secretary's schedule so I know when they're coming back or not." I started. She nodded taking it in.

"Then we're gonna find Mikayla's file and see what she's hiding. Something she clearly doesn't want anyone to know about." I finished.

"I'm in! Anything that will hurt Mikayla, the one who took Carson from me, then I'm in!" She implied and I smiled at her jealousy.

***

The next day we had to go back to our classes and I saw Mikyla there. We were in art and the teacher just adored her. She was the best at art and it bothered me! She was good at everything!

Especially at choir. We were finally in choir class and the teacher always preferred Mikayla and Lizlee. I used to be his favorite student. I was tired of the teacher always giving them the solos. I needed to do soemthing soon before the teacher picked them to be the main vocalists at the Show Choir in three weeks.

She still doesn't know about it since the teacher hasn't started talking about it but I was in this class last year so I knew when the show was. Last year I still didn't get to be the main vocalist since the teacher said I needed more potential but this year I have been progressing and then Mikayla came and Lizlee discovered she had a voice.

They would just ruin everything but I knew what would change their mind. A singing duel between Mikayla and me. There was always two main vocalists for female and male so I didn't care if Lizlee was one of them. I just didn't want Mikayla to be one of them since she had the best voice even as much as I hate to admit it, it was true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303 84 19
After being an absolute loser at her old school, Taylor's parents make her switch schools after finding out about Tay being bullied. Taking the oppor...
235 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...
7 0 15
Emily always wanted to play in a band, but she's too afraid and low thinking of herself to actually join one. She plays the guitar quite good and her...
29.1K 1K 33
You're a comfortable girl. You like your solitude and enjoy your own company very much. You became close over the past couple of months with Mikasa A...